PDA

View Full Version : Shooting of gay student sparks outcry

LiberalNation
03-28-2008, 06:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080328/ap_on_re_us/gay_student_killed;_ylt=Ag6hBZXeAhOUjYNAzpy5KMNvzw cF

OXNARD, Calif. - Larry King was a gay eighth-grader who used to come to school in makeup, high heels and earrings. And when the other boys made fun of him, he would boldly tease them right back by flirting with them.

That may have been what got him killed.

On Feb. 12, another student, Brandon McInerney, 14, shot him twice in the head at the back of the computer lab at their junior high school, police say.

The slaying of the 15-year-old boy has alarmed gay rights activists and led to demands that middle schools do more to educate youngsters about discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

hjmick
03-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Interestingly, I live in the area and haven't heard a peep since this shooting occurred.

stephanie
03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
A shooting of any student should raise an outcry...

Immanuel
03-28-2008, 09:54 PM
A shooting of any student should raise an outcry...

AMEN!!

I can only imagine what the family of this boy is going through. Rather, I would rather not even think about it. This is terrible.

My heart goes out to the parents of Larry King.

Kathianne
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Not being heartless, but how did the student shooter happen to have a gun in a class? Where was the monitoring?

The public school my kids went to had a dress code, which precluded make up and inappropriate clothing by gender, why didn't this school?

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 10:19 PM
The guy was openly flaming his fagness, and pushed it. It invoked the natural disgust of homos by heteros, which then got out of hand. Outrageous behavior begot outrageous behavior. If homos don't want to court death, don't walk around looking like freaks of nature. It naturally disgusts heterosexuals.

Now go ahead and rip into me, but what I said was what many are thinking, but are afraid to say.

Yes it's tragic the queer got shot. I think that's bad and it shouldn't have happened. But at the same time, I think the parents of the boy letting him dress like that in public, especially at school was an incredibly ignorant decision, and I hold them partially at fault for the kids death.

Kathianne
03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
The guy was openly flaming his fagness, and pushed it. It invoked the natural disgust of homos by heteros, which then got out of hand. Outrageous behavior begot outrageous behavior. If homos don't want to court death, don't walk around looking like freaks of nature. It naturally disgusts heterosexuals.

Now go ahead and rip into me, but what I said was what many are thinking, but are afraid to say.

Yes it's tragic the queer got shot. I think that's bad and it shouldn't have happened. But at the same time, I think the parents of the boy letting him dress like that in public, especially at school was an incredibly ignorant decision, and I hold them partially at fault for the kids death.

Be that as it may, the shooter should spend the rest of his life in jail.

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Be that as it may, the shooter should spend the rest of his life in jail.

No doubt.

My point is, the kid shouldn't have been allowed to be dressed up like he was, and then taunt people on top of it. He was disrupting, and it was wrong, and it got himself killed. Dumb decision to let the kid do that... very dumb.

Mr. P
03-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't care if the kid was gay or Red White an Blue...he's dead and the perp should be prosecuted for murder.

Kathianne
03-28-2008, 10:50 PM
No doubt.

My point is, the kid shouldn't have been allowed to be dressed up like he was, and then taunt people on top of it. He was disrupting, and it was wrong, and it got himself killed. Dumb decision to let the kid do that... very dumb.

My point exactly, where was the dress code? Prohibited by handbook in my kids' middle school was 'make up', regardless of gender. Also addressed was appropriate clothing, by gender. Males had to wear pants, (able to be worn without a belt and covering from navel). Females could wear pants, shorts, skirts/dresses, no higher than 4 inches from the top of knees.

There was no problem with the pants falling to ground, the parents knew that. There also was not a problem with skirts 'up to there', as that kid would not be allowed into a classroom.

The schools recognized that 'gender identity' issues would wait for the high school to address.

In truth, the same codes went for the high school, sans make up. Difference was there were 'organizations' the kids could join if in a minority-like gay, bi, etc.

DragonStryk72
03-29-2008, 12:12 AM
how do you know you're compeltely gay at what, 13? has he even really started dating yet, and already claiming being gay?

Also, I remember getting my ass kicked in school (shortest, skinniest, smartest kid in the class), and I remember that I would actually do things that might prevent my getting my ass kicked. This behavior seems like the exact antithesis of that.

Forget about the school, where the hell were the parents when he was cross-dressing? I mean, my parents were pretty understanding, but I cannot imagine a scenario where they'd have let me out of the house like that.

Yes, murdering him was unconcionable, and should be punish as fully as possible, but so much more of this stinks. It needs to be looked at a hell of a lot more closely.

Sitarro
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
The mad push of the gay lifestyle on TV and in the movies is finally starting to see the repercussions of it all. I was in eighth grade in the sixties in Southern California and there wasn't any of this shit going on. The schools wouldn't have allowed it, the students wouldn't have put up with it, the parents would have sent their crazy kid to a home of some kind. Some guys were starting to notice girls, I had a crush on one of our cheerleaders but never had a chance because she was a member of the Jewish click and I was Catholic.

The sexualization of kids at such a young age, thanks B.J. Bill, is causing many problems. Putting the idea in some kid's head that he is homosexual at that age is sick and the Queer lobby gets a portion of the blame here...... they should be alarmed and held accountable......... jerks.

03-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah I am outraged. Outraged that the gay community screwed up this kid so much. Outraged that parents would let their son go to school with make up, earrings, and high heels on. Outraged that people expect us to be more upset over this than we would be any other pointless killing.

This is as bad as radical islam to me. Martyr kids who dont know any better for political purposes. disgusting.

jimnyc
03-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I feel bad that a kid died. I feel bad that another kids life is over to an extent as well, and he deservedly should be prosecuted and pay his dues.

But why the need to purposely dress like a 3 flavored pop tart? The school should have tossed him out the first time he dressed in that manner and made it clear he would not be allowed to come to school looking like a raving idiot.

Mr. P
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok folks...no one has jumped on this yet soooo...

Are you folks that have a problem with the kid dressing as he did going to be on the same bandwagon when a hot chick gets raped? Hey, if she hadn't dressed like that.... Now, the way I see it, ya'll need to eat some humble pie an condemn the act of murder and not the victim.

jimnyc
03-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Are you folks that have a problem with the kid dressing as he did going to be on the same bandwagon when a hot chick gets raped? Hey, if she hadn't dressed like that.... Now, the way I see it, ya'll need to eat some humble pie an condemn the act of murder and not the victim.

I would make similar comments if a hot chick dressed to the extreme like this kid did - like wearing just lingerie as an outfit. It in no way excuses the crime, but does make you wonder about what they were thinking when trying to attract so much attention to themselves.

Mr. P
03-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I would make similar comments if a hot chick dressed to the extreme like this kid did - like wearing just lingerie as an outfit. It in no way excuses the crime, but does make you wonder about what they were thinking when trying to attract so much attention to themselves.

Glad to hear it, regardless of what attention one may attempt to attract it still doesn't warrant becoming a victim. That doesn't excuse the victim from being a dumb ass though, but then, dumb ass is NOT a crime. It should be though.

82Marine89
03-29-2008, 06:02 PM

Murder and rape should never be condoned unless it is Bubba putting it to a child molestor. Do I feel this kid aggravated the situation by openly flirting with and chasing heterosexual students? Yup. Do I think he should have died for it? Nope. I also want to know how a kid can be 15 and in the 8th grade. Left back? Problem child?

LiberalNation
03-29-2008, 06:29 PM
8th graders are 14, that's only a year difference.

OCA
03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Its the parents fault as much as the shooter's for this kid getting clipped, the parents should be locked up for letting their kid go to school like that.

Hey i've always said that the choice to live like a queer was a dangerous one, case in point.