PDA

View Full Version : Clinton: In The Race For The Long Run

Pale Rider
03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Here we go... it's official... fights on to the finish...

Clinton: In The Race For The Long Run

2008-03-28 21:32:13
By BETH FOUHY Associated Press Writer

HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) — If Hillary Rodham Clinton is feeling heat from pundits and party elders to quit the race and back Barack Obama, you'd never know it from her crowds, energy level and upbeat demeanor on the campaign trail.

"There are millions of reasons to continue this race: people in Pennsylvania, Indiana and North Carolina, and all of the contests yet to come," Clinton told reporters Friday. "This is a very close race and clearly I believe strongly that everyone should have their voices heard and their votes counted."

The former first lady weathered a two-pronged blow Friday, with influential Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey Jr. endorsing Obama and another Senate colleague, Vermont Democrat Patrick Leahy, urging her to step aside. But to hear Clinton tell it, it was just another day in an epic primary battle whose result is still not known.

"I believe a spirited contest is good for the Democratic Party and will strengthen the eventual nominee," she said. "We will have a united party behind whomever that nominee is. ... I look forward to campaigning over the next several months."

Ariticle continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14511224&feedid=14)

red states rule
03-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Howie Dean would have put it this way:

arrrrrrrrrrghhhhh The train wreck continues :lol: