PDA

View Full Version : So... What Is This?

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 05:29 AM
A warmed over Pontiac Solstice? Well, it's a Saturn Sky....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2115/2370953966_01d557bff0_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2370953994_9511286e63_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2370118273_129b8220a6_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2369/2370118309_b6627a864a_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2370954126_df8fd7a643_o.jpg

red states rule
03-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Is this your new car Pale?

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Is this your new car Pale?

HEY GOOD TO SEE YA BRO! But no... I'm just constantly looking at all the new stuff. I do like it though. It's a Saturn, and that's GM, so I'm sure it's built on the same platform as the Pontiac, Solstice. But this one has a little bit better lines I think.

I'm going to be in the market for a little gas miser after I get moved back to Wisconsin, and I want something fun. This little bugger right here would be fun I think. I see by the badging on the rear panel it's a turbo. I'll bet it's no slouch.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 05:38 AM
HEY GOOD TO SEE YA BRO! But no... I'm just constantly looking at all the new stuff. I do like it though. It's a Saturn, and that's GM, so I'm sure it's built on the same platform as the Pontiac, Solstice. But this one has a little bit better lines I think.

I'm going to be in the market for a little gas miser after I get moved back to Wisconsin, and I want something fun. This little bugger right here would be fun I think. I see by the badging on the rear panel it's a turbo. I'll bet it's no slouch.

I am back, probably only part time

This car just seem to be you Pale.

I have a wonderful Toyota Echo, 150,000 miles and it is still running like ot did on day one

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 05:40 AM
I am back, probably only part time

This car just seem to be you Pale.

I have a wonderful Toyota Echo, 150,000 miles and it is still running like ot did on day one
It's good to have ya back even part time bud.

My sister likes Toyotas. She's been buying them for years. She's got one of those RAV4's right now.

Yeah this little Saturn, Sky here has a little C6 Corvette, Cadillac, XLR cross thing going on. I like it. I'd have to have it in red though... :D

red states rule
03-29-2008, 05:43 AM
My sister likes Toyotas. She's been buying them for years. She's got one of those RAV4's right now.

Yeah this little Saturn, Sky here has a little C6 Corvette, Cadillac, XLR cross thing going on. I like it. I'd have to have it in red though... :D

I love my Echo. I am going to keep it util it dies. Then I will buy another Toyota

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 05:50 AM
I love my Echo. I am going to keep it util it dies. Then I will buy another Toyota

I haven't had a car in so long I forget what it's like to drive one. All trucks and Harleys. I am going to need something that gets decent gas mileage though when I move back to Wisconsin. The big lifted GMC 4X4 just isn't a run around vehicle, and it's going to get parked in the winter anyway, since it's a rust free Nevada truck. It's going to stay rust free. I'll buy some other older ton 4X4 and put a plow in it for winter. So, I'll get me something fun to drive for the summer that gets good gas mileage, and this little Saturn, Sky looks cool.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 05:52 AM
I haven't had a car in so long I forget what it's like to drive one. All trucks and Harleys. I am going to need something that gets decent gas mileage though when I move back to Wisconsin. The big lifted GMC 4X4 just isn't a run around vehicle, and it's going to get parked in the winter anyway, since it's a rust free Nevada truck. It's going to stay rust free. I'll buy some other older ton 4X4 and put a plow in it for winter. So, I'll get me something fun to drive for the summer that gets good gas mileage, and this little Saturn, Sky looks cool.

Even though I never met you in person Pale - I think car is you

Take one for a test drive

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Even though I never met you in person Pale - I think car is you

Take one for a test drive

Ya know what... the last car I owned I bought from my mother, who bought it brand new. So I knew this car had had the ultimate care, garage kept, never abused. A 1998 Ford, Taurus GL. Plush charcoal black interior, nice deep brown paint, spoked aluminum wheels, and every bell and whistle. Nice car actually, even though I am not a Ford fan.

I'd like to buy another Corvette, but I just don't see it as practical anymore. When the Harley is paid off, I'm getting another one. A bagger this time, for the long trips, like Sturgis.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Ya know what... the last car I owned I bought from my mother, who bought it brand new. So I knew this car had had the ultimate care, garage kept, never abused. A 1998 Ford, Taurus GL. Plush charcoal black interior, nice deep brown paint, spoked aluminum wheels, and every bell and whistle. Nice car actually, even though I am not a Ford fan.

I'd like to buy another Corvette, but I just don't see it as practical anymore. When the Harley is paid off, I'm getting another one. A bagger this time, for the long trips, like Sturgis.

Should I call you Boss Hog?

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Should I call you Boss Hog?

Only if I can have Daisy Duke work for me at the Boar's Nest... :D

red states rule
03-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Only if I can have Daisy Duke work for me at the Boar's Nest... :D

OK, it' a deal. Subject to spouses approval of course

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 06:22 AM
OK, it' a deal. Subject to spouses approval of course

Aaahh me and my wife are on again off again. Mostly off again... like now. I'm about ready to dissolve that. She doesn't want to live in Wisconsin again anyway. Ta hell with her. I'm ready for Daisy... :dance:

red states rule
03-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Aaahh me and my wife are on again off again. Mostly off again... like now. I'm about ready to dissolve that. She doesn't want to live in Wisconsin again anyway. Ta hell with her. I'm ready for Daisy... :dance:

If I can't get Daisy how about Lulu Hogg? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:01 AM
If I can't get Daisy how about Lulu Hogg? :laugh2:

She's penned up with the rest of the sows... :cow:

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:03 AM
She's penned up with the rest of the sows... :cow:

Just exploring all my options Pale. She would give you a good workout. You did say how you wanted to drop a few pounds

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Just exploring all my options Pale. She would give you a good workout. You did say how you wanted to drop a few pounds

Not like that... :laugh:

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Not like that... :laugh:

Might be better the Jenny Craig PR

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Might be better the Jenny Craig PR

I've just got the sit on your ass 'cause it's too damn cold to go outside and do anything pounds on right now. As soon as the weather gets warmer, I'll be outside and active all day. I do work out on my home gym, but that doesn't seem to help me lose any weight.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
I've just got the sit on your ass 'cause it's too damn cold to go outside and do anything pounds on right now. As soon as the weather gets warmer, I'll be outside and active all day. I do work out on my home gym, but that doesn't seem to help me lose any weight.

Ditto

I have lost alot of weight with the chemo. I have 12 weeks to go and I will be done with it

Then I will be able to get out and if nothing else, take long walks everyday.

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Ditto

I have lost alot of weight with the chemo. I have 12 weeks to go and I will be done with it

Then I will be able to get out and if nothing else, take long walks everyday.

Well I'm still in the transition between working and retiring. I have one more small matter to take care of, then things will happen fast. I'll be so busy I won't have time to eat. I'll drop some weight all right. I always do when I'm active. My usual weight is around 185-190.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Well I'm still in the transition between working and retiring. I have one more small matter to take care of, then things will happen fast. I'll be so busy I won't have time to eat. I'll drop some weight all right. I always do when I'm active. My usual weight is around 185-190.

I am half way to where my weight should be. The chemo will help me get there. Not the right way to do it - but I will that side effect

jackass
03-29-2008, 11:49 AM

WOW!! I didnt even know you were married Pale!!

Sitarro
03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I gave it a shot to get you a red one the but the best I could do was burgundy.

manu1959
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM

he posted a swimsuit pic of her a while back.....quite the looker if i recall....

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 01:50 PM

he posted a swimsuit pic of her a while back.....quite the looker if i recall....

Yeah I'm married... if you wanna call it that, and yeah, she's a good lookin' woman. It's something I haven't made real public, for a reason. We just don't agree on a whole lot. It's been pretty rocky for the last eight years. I want to roll with the club and have a shot and a beer. She wants to go to some artsie, farstie shit and tip a stemmed wine glass with idiots dressed in khaki shorts and sandals. Two different worlds. We're pretty close to going our seperate ways.

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 01:57 PM

Nice... but here's what I got off their website. Chili Pepper Red they call it, and this is the Sky 'Red Line.' The turbo. 260 horse power. I imagine that would move this little coupe down the road in quite a brisk manner... $26K and change MSRP...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2371919432_ed8afc49e4_o.jpg

Sitarro
03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Nice... but here's what I got off their website. Chili Pepper Red they call it, and this is the Sky 'Red Line.' The turbo. 260 horse power. I imagine that would move this little coupe down the road in quite a brisk manner... $26K and change MSRP...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2371919432_ed8afc49e4_o.jpg

I read about a test on that one and the guy said it was a huge thrill to drive, had enough power to get out from under a John Q, talking on the phone and not paying attention.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I read about a test on that one and the guy said it was a huge thrill to drive, had enough power to get out from under a John Q, talking on the phone and not paying attention.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yeah the Red Line turbo edition does get good reviews, but it's just as I expected... it's a Pontiac Solstice clone... http://www.caranddriver.com/news/auto_shows/2006_new_york_nyias_auto_show_auto_shows/production_and_concept_debuts/2007_saturn_sky_red_line_auto_shows

jackass
03-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah I'm married... if you wanna call it that, and yeah, she's a good lookin' woman. It's something I haven't made real public, for a reason. We just don't agree on a whole lot. It's been pretty rocky for the last eight years. I want to roll with the club and have a shot and a beer. She wants to go to some artsie, farstie shit and tip a stemmed wine glass with idiots dressed in khaki shorts and sandals. Two different worlds. We're pretty close to going our seperate ways.

I knew you were before, I didnt realize that you will were. Sounds like someone else's marriage here :)

jackass
03-29-2008, 05:36 PM

I USED to like this car. Now that I see it in burgandy...I love it!!! that is nice!!

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I USED to like this car. Now that I see it in burgandy...I love it!!! that is nice!!

It is a very cool little sports car. I'm thinking for an everyday, gas miser, driver, this would not only be practical, but a lot of fun. Check out this one for sale on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saturn-Sky-RED-LINE-2007-SATURN-SKY-RED-LINE-EDITION_W0QQitemZ150230155171QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem150230155171

gabosaurus
03-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Hate to tell you Pale, but that is a fairly ugly looking car. I don't like convertibles anyway. They mess up my hair.

As befitting our status as nouveau rich, my husband and I both drive older model Cavaliers.

Sitarro
03-30-2008, 12:19 AM

Gotta love photoshop. I don't know whether it is actually offered in that color but with enough cash in hand, it could be done.

Pale Rider
03-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Hate to tell you Pale, but that is a fairly ugly looking car. I don't like convertibles anyway. They mess up my hair.

As befitting our status as nouveau rich, my husband and I both drive older model Cavaliers.

I'm not real hot on rag tops myself Gab... but what don't you like about it other than that? If there isn't a hard top version, I wouldn't buy one myself.

gabosaurus
03-30-2008, 02:20 PM
The front end does not do it for me. And it looks pretty weak, in terms of crash resistance.
Also, there looks to be very little storage space in the trunk. If there is a trunk.

Pale Rider
03-31-2008, 07:34 AM
The front end does not do it for me. And it looks pretty weak, in terms of crash resistance.
Also, there looks to be very little storage space in the trunk. If there is a trunk.

Other than not liking the front end, you just described all sports cars... :laugh:

It would have to have a hard top in order for me to buy one. I won't buy a car, any car, that has ONLY a rag top.