PDA

View Full Version : Race Is On To Define McCain

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Race Is On To Define McCain

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
Fri Mar 28, 11:33 PM ET

The likely Republican nominee launched his first television ad of the general election campaign Friday, casting himself as a ready-to-lead wartime president in advance of a biographical tour to pivotal places in his life. Son of a military man, midshipman, Navy pilot, Vietnam POW, member of Congress for nearly three decades — this is the resume of the 71-year-old McCain.

"In some ways, I'm well-known to the American people. In other ways, I'm not well-known," McCain told The Associated Press on Friday.

The Democratic Party — still lacking a nominee — and its supporters offer a starkly different portrait. In their view, McCain is a Washington insider, backer of an unpopular war in Iraq, hair-trigger quick on Iran and indifferent on the economic woes of average Americans. They cast McCain as four more years of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

"All he wants to do is continue on the George Bush failed policies of the past," says Democratic Sen. Barack Obama. His rival, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, talks about "a Bush/McCain Iraq policy" and argues that "we've had enough of a president who didn't know enough about economics."

Story continues here... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080329/ap_on_el_pr/defining_mccain;_ylt=AqHCYK4NW3_lZWupPNGojOQE1vAI)

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:21 AM
McCain has already been defined

Liberal RINO

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:34 AM
McCain has already been defined

Liberal RINO

But we already know that. Now he's going to set about trying to convince those that don't know anything about him he's something else.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:36 AM
But we already know that. Now he's going to set about trying to convince those that don't know anything about him he's something else.

Our job is to keep reminding folks about, and hold McCain's feet to the fire

If he does not blow it, we need to try and make sure the bridge he is building to conservatives will not become a draw bridge on 1/20/2009

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Our job is to keep reminding folks about, and hold McCain's feet to the fire

If he does not blow it, we need to try and make sure the bridge he is building to conservatives will not become a draw bridge on 1/20/2009

I don't think there's any guarantee of that pard.

red states rule
03-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't think there's any guarantee of that pard.

I know - that is why I am not sold on McCain

However, as long as conservatives like Rush Limbaugh stay on him McCain will not forget about us

Pale Rider
03-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I know - that is why I am not sold on McCain

However, as long as conservatives like Rush Limbaugh stay on him McCain will not forget about us

I don't like mccain... I HATE hussein and his nemesis hitlery... this election cycle is fucked.

I do believe I will vote third party. I'm sick of getting this crap pushed at me and being told I have to hold my nose and vote for someone I don't want to as a vote AGAINST someone else.