PDA

View Full Version : What Are Liberals Proud OF?

Pages : [1] 2

red states rule
03-30-2008, 05:39 AM
I have watched Hillary and Obama stand on a stage and scream how rotten America is.

That have attacked and smeared US oil companies. They have accused thm of price gouging - while denying them the ability to drill and refine more oil financial. Hillary siad she wants to TAKE the oil companies profits and use them the way she wants

They have went after financial institutions - banks, mortages companies, and investment brokers are all out to screw you over according to the Dems

Pharmaceutical companies, which invest billions into new drugs that save lives, are also targets of the left. In their opinion, these companies make way to much of a profit and are screwing you as well

Liberals are not proud of the US healthcare system. They say it stinks, and cost to much. The Dems say no problem. They wil take it over and give you "free" healthcare. Wait until you see how much "free" healthcare will cost you

Liberals are also at war with the worlds largest corporation - Wal Mart. Wal Mart refuses to allow unions into its company and that is unacceptable to the left. So they attack Wal Mart every cahce they can

The US military is also a target of the left. They have accused our men and wome of torture, rape, murder, and other war crimes.

So what the hell are liberals proud of when it comes to America?

Gaffer
03-30-2008, 06:47 AM
As hussein say in one of his speechs. "America is the greatest, and we're going to change it!"

Pale Rider
03-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Gee... I see the board liberals are avoiding this like the plague rsr...

Joe Steel
03-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I have watched Hillary and Obama stand on a stage and scream how rotten America is.

That have attacked and smeared US oil companies. They have accused thm of price gouging - while denying them the ability to drill and refine more oil financial. Hillary siad she wants to TAKE the oil companies profits and use them the way she wants

They have went after financial institutions - banks, mortages companies, and investment brokers are all out to screw you over according to the Dems

Pharmaceutical companies, which invest billions into new drugs that save lives, are also targets of the left. In their opinion, these companies make way to much of a profit and are screwing you as well

Liberals are not proud of the US healthcare system. They say it stinks, and cost to much. The Dems say no problem. They wil take it over and give you "free" healthcare. Wait until you see how much "free" healthcare will cost you

Liberals are also at war with the worlds largest corporation - Wal Mart. Wal Mart refuses to allow unions into its company and that is unacceptable to the left. So they attack Wal Mart every cahce they can

The US military is also a target of the left. They have accused our men and wome of torture, rape, murder, and other war crimes.

The America we had before conservatives destroyed it.

- an America which didn't start wars
- an America which tried to guarantee a fair day's pay for a fair day's work
- an America which tried to guarantee a truthful media
- an America which tried to guarantee a fair economy

Joe Steel
03-30-2008, 08:28 AM

You seem to think America is defined by its oil, financial, pharmaceutical, health and retail companies? Why is that?

red states rule
03-30-2008, 09:14 AM

- an America which tried to guarantee a fair day's pay for a fair day's work
- an America which tried to guarantee a truthful media
- an America which tried to guarantee a fair economy

More liberal bumper sticker slogans, and not a single specific

I know moonbats like you see nothing good about America

jimnyc
03-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Which party is responsible for starting more wars and costing more American lives?

I'll give you a subtle hint - DEMOCRATS

red states rule
03-30-2008, 09:19 AM
You seem to think America is defined by its oil, financial, pharmaceutical, health and retail companies? Why is that?

America is the worlds economic and military superpower. Oil runs the world economy. Our oil companies find, drill, pump, ship, refine the oil, and then deliver gas to your local station

All for a profit of 10 cents off the sale of a gallon of gas

The Rx inudtry spend billlion on a drug before they make one slae of the drug. they save coutless lives with their products

The finanical industry allows the country to grow, they offer products and services to people so they can better their lives and lifestyle.

Wal Mart has done more for working families then any government program. They offer what people want at a fiar price. When a Wal mart Supercenter opens, usually food prices drop by about 3% in the area.

And for they do, what do liberals do the above industires? Smear, insult, and threaten them

Agani, what do liberals see in America that they are proud of?

red states rule
03-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Where are all the liberals?

TM, MFM, BP, JD, can't you guys think of anything you are proud of?

retiredman
03-31-2008, 06:53 AM
I am proud of our military. I am proud of my father's generation and how they fought to end fascism. I am proud of my own service in the Navy during the cold war... I am proud of America's steady march toward progressive liberalism over the last century and a half....from ending slavery to passing women's suffrage, to child labor laws, to giving unions the right to organize, workplace safety, environmental protection, minimum wage, social security, medicare, medicaid, the GI Bill, Civil Rights.... there are MANY things that make me proud to be an American.

What are YOU proud of, RSR?

Hagbard Celine
03-31-2008, 08:57 AM
The OP seems to completely ignore the fact that all three candidates talk constantly about the good AND the bad in America. Instead, he focuses on only the bad things mentioned by the Democrat candidates. Hmmm. :lame2:
Would you rather prez candidates ignore the bad parts of American life or are you naive enough to believe that there are no bad parts of American life?

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Our oil companies find, drill, pump, ship, refine the oil, and then deliver gas to your local station

All for a profit of 10 cents off the sale of a gallon of gas

to suggest that the oil companies maintain a fixed profit of ten cents per gallon shows a profound ignorance of the way markets work. They price their product to maintain a desired profit margin. The higher the price of oil, the higher the cost of gas and the greater the profit per gallon for the oil companies.

DragonStryk72
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM

Again we come to the same, utterly repeated problem: You're a doody head, no you're a doodyhead.

Liberals are proud of the same things that conservatives are proud of in many instances: Having more liberties than just about any other country in the world, having a society where you can be anything that you are willing to devote yourself to becoming, that we have the kind of men and women who have sworn themselves to military service, and the history that we have had of doing so much good for so much of the world. Now stop treating them like some set of aliens that are in all ways 180 degrees apart from you, they are not.

Time and again I have pointed this out, we all want America to succeed, but the difference is in the method. I've gone conservative libertarian, a smaller more manageable government, but that does not mean that I have to immediately insert my head in my own ass about anyone who is not 100% on my bandwagon. I understand, you believe differently than I do, but just because I believe I'm right, doesn't mean that you are wrong. I understand that you as well, have the best of intentions for this country of ours.

Apparently, for some on both sides, this is a requirement of being a liberal, or being a conservative, that "they" are the "enemy", as opposed to them just being well-meaning people who simply believe we should do things differently than I believe. Every time that you embrace this idiocy of division, you piss on what our forefathers built, you desecrate that which so many have died to protect.

John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson spent a large portion of their time debating each other on strong, central government (Adams) vs. Smaller, state run government (Jefferson), but it was a debate, not an argument or pissing contest like the ones we have now, where we cannot have an enlightened debate. Why is it so impossible for both sides to embrace the American ideals of freedom of belief, and see each other as friends, even if our opinions are different?

Classact
03-31-2008, 10:54 AM
to suggest that the oil companies maintain a fixed profit of ten cents per gallon shows a profound ignorance of the way markets work. They price their product to maintain a desired profit margin. The higher the price of oil, the higher the cost of gas and the greater the profit per gallon for the oil companies.Oh, then I guess the other commodities like copper, wheat and corn took notes from the oil industry and are now manipulating their prices and profits too? Who is ignorant?

retiredman
03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, then I guess the other commodities like copper, wheat and corn took notes from the oil industry and are now manipulating their prices and profits too? Who is ignorant?

I said anything about anyone manipulating prices or profits. And in answer to your last question, I would have to say: apparently you, if you agree with RSR that "Our oil companies find, drill, pump, ship, refine the oil, and then deliver gas to your local station. All for a profit of 10 cents off the sale of a gallon of gas"

Classact
03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I said anything about anyone manipulating prices or profits. And in answer to your last question, I would have to say: apparently you, if you agree with RSR that "Our oil companies find, drill, pump, ship, refine the oil, and then deliver gas to your local station. All for a profit of 10 cents off the sale of a gallon of gas"Clearly you can investigate profits by looking at public trading. My calculator nor brain is capable of calculating the exact amount of profit the oil companies make on a gallon of gas. We use trillions of gallons of gas and other fuels and plastics and other byproducts of petroleum but the profit must be considerably different from domestic produced and imported crude oil?

I can find the profit margin by googling it but it is considerably lower than other commodities.

There is no way for the government to capture the profits on oil as additional taxes without having the oil industry passing the costs of business on to the customer. The Democratic Party's plan to tax or remove subsidies from the industry as punishment will only punish the consumer.

If the oil companies are paying all taxes required then leave them alone and stop bitching.

What do you want from the oil companies? They are in business to make profits and if you take half of them the cost of their product will go up the same way if you would tax half of milk or flour profits.

retiredman
03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Clearly you can investigate profits by looking at public trading. My calculator nor brain is capable of calculating the exact amount of profit the oil companies make on a gallon of gas. We use trillions of gallons of gas and other fuels and plastics and other byproducts of petroleum but the profit must be considerably different from domestic produced and imported crude oil?

I can find the profit margin by googling it but it is considerably lower than other commodities.

There is no way for the government to capture the profits on oil as additional taxes without having the oil industry passing the costs of business on to the customer. The Democratic Party's plan to tax or remove subsidies from the industry as punishment will only punish the consumer.

If the oil companies are paying all taxes required then leave them alone and stop bitching.

What do you want from the oil companies? They are in business to make profits and if you take half of them the cost of their product will go up the same way if you would tax half of milk or flour profits.

and if they maintain their same desired profit margin, and the cost of oil goes up, so do their profits. correct? so... given our addiction to oil, the oil companies do not see and elasticity in demand that would cause them to really give a shit about how much oil costs...as far as they are concerned, higher oil prices mean higher profits. Far from being the saviors and supporters of our economy, as RSR portrays them, they are really much more akin to our drug dealers, and with just as much integrity.

Classact
03-31-2008, 12:30 PM
and if they maintain their same desired profit margin, and the cost of oil goes up, so do their profits. correct? so... given our addiction to oil, the oil companies do not see and elasticity in demand that would cause them to really give a shit about how much oil costs...as far as they are concerned, higher oil prices mean higher profits. Far from being the saviors and supporters of our economy, as RSR portrays them, they are really much more akin to our drug dealers, and with just as much integrity.Domestic oil is a very small part of our daily demand. World oil prices are not based on US oil companies prices but world demand. If the price is too high then people cut back or look for more efficiency. The Democrats love to keep prices high because the envirowackos encourage it to support alternatives. Recently a Democrat wanted to add a $0.50 tax to support alternative energy development. The market will correct itself, if a head of lettuce costs $15 you buy cabbage or just walk by.

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
and if they maintain their same desired profit margin, and the cost of oil goes up, so do their profits. correct? so... given our addiction to oil, the oil companies do not see and elasticity in demand that would cause them to really give a shit about how much oil costs...as far as they are concerned, higher oil prices mean higher profits. Far from being the saviors and supporters of our economy, as RSR portrays them, they are really much more akin to our drug dealers, and with just as much integrity.

So punish the oil dealers. How does that help my pocketbook or America's pocketbook ?

retiredman
03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
So punish the oil dealers. How does that help my pocketbook or America's pocketbook ?

you miss the point and the connection between oil, oil companies, and our foreign policy.

and I would much prefer we talk about the topic of this thread.... maybe try to rebut my post #10...than diverging into a discussion about oil company profits.

mundame
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
I am proud of our military. I am proud of my father's generation and how they fought to end fascism. I am proud of my own service in the Navy during the cold war... I am proud of America's steady march toward progressive liberalism over the last century and a half....from ending slavery to passing women's suffrage, to child labor laws, to giving unions the right to organize, workplace safety, environmental protection, minimum wage, social security, medicare, medicaid, the GI Bill, Civil Rights.... there are MANY things that make me proud to be an American.

Not much to rebut there --- good choices. :salute:

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 01:12 PM
you miss the point and the connection between oil, oil companies, and our foreign policy.

and I would much prefer we talk about the topic of this thread.... maybe try to rebut my post #10...than diverging into a discussion about oil company profits.

I would much prefer that you answer my question? What do you recommend that we do about oil companies and them treating us like drug addicts?

retiredman
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
I would much prefer that you answer my question? What do you recommend that we do about oil companies and them treating us like drug addicts?

well...for the record, that wasn't your question the first time around...but to answer it now: I'd provide substantial incentives to develop non-fossil fuel technology and make it cost effective. in other words: design a new "drug" that will cause us to shit in our nests less, and cause us to be less dependent on what the middle east has to sell us. I would love to see the day when America's major import from the middle east was hand woven rugs.

oh yeah...and get the fucking oil men out of the executive branch.

theHawk
03-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Liberals have so much to be proud of. Liberal foreign policy that emboldened Osama bin Laden to plan out attacks against the US, a weak foreign policy that emboldened Iran to take hostages. A weak foreign policy posture that emboldened the USSR to bring us to the brink of nuclear annihiliation.

Liberals have so much to be proud of when it comes to their domestic policies as well. From keeping minorities like blacks in the ghettos by keeping them dependant on welfare, to the millions of abortions made possible by liberals. From overtaxation of the middle class to driving companies overseas with ridiculous environmental and labor laws.

Yes, the liberals have plenty to be proud of.

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
well...for the record, that wasn't your question the first time around...but to answer it now: I'd provide substantial incentives to develop non-fossil fuel technology and make it cost effective. in other words: design a new "drug" that will cause us to shit in our nests less, and cause us to be less dependent on what the middle east has to sell us. I would love to see the day when America's major import from the middle east was hand woven rugs.

oh yeah...and get the fucking oil men out of the executive branch.

In other words you would try to put them out of business. Cool plan. Can we keep keep tax and spender bleeding heart socialists out of the executive branch also?

Yurt
03-31-2008, 02:38 PM

so much socialism there....and i don't believe that all the progress you mention was by liberals...

retiredman
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
so much socialism there....and i don't believe that all the progress you mention was by liberals...

They may not have all been by democrats, but they certainly all were advances for progressive liberalism.

hmmm and I don't see one single program mentioned where the means of production are owned by the government. For you bozos on the right, the word "socialism" has completely lost its intended meaning and now is nothing more than an epithet.

fyi....

so·cial·ism [soh-shuh-liz-uhm] –noun
a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
They may not have all been by democrats, but they certainly all were advances for progressive liberalism.

hmmm and I don't see one single program mentioned where the means of production are owned by the government. For you bozos on the right, the word "socialism" has completely lost its intended meaning and now is nothing more than an epithet.

fyi....

so·cial·ism [soh-shuh-liz-uhm] –noun
a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole.

i know what it means and it is exactly what you are advocating... minimum wage....taking property of the owner and putting in the hands of the community/worker....

you tried to pass those things off as democratic liberal ideas, at least you admit they are not. they also are not simply all progressive liberalism, such a thing has no basis in fact and is only theory, the very fact that such things were accomplished by conservatives belies this theory...its intended affect is to route all positive change/success to liberals

retiredman
03-31-2008, 03:23 PM
i know what it means and it is exactly what you are advocating... minimum wage....taking property of the owner and putting in the hands of the community/worker....

you tried to pass those things off as democratic liberal ideas, at least you admit they are not. they also are not simply all progressive liberalism, such a thing has no basis in fact and is only theory, the very fact that such things were accomplished by conservatives belies this theory...its intended affect is to route all positive change/success to liberals

which item on my list do you think was spearheaded by conservatives?

and income redistribution is NOT socialism, no matter how hard you want to make it so. sorry.

and I didn't ADMIT shit. I NEVER claimed any of those things to be democratic ideas...read the fucking title of the fucking thread you little twit.:fu:

Yurt
03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
which item on my list do you think was spearheaded by conservatives?

and income redistribution is NOT socialism, no matter how hard you want to make it so. sorry.

and I didn't ADMIT shit. I NEVER claimed any of those things to be democratic ideas...read the fucking title of the fucking thread you little twit.:fu:

http://www.schrooten.com/images/listerine.jpg

and distribution of wealth is socialism:

Socialism refers to group of ideologies and political movements with the goal of a socio-economic system in which property and the distribution of wealth are subject to control by the community.[1] This control may be either direct—exercised through popular collectives such as workers' councils—or indirect—exercised on behalf of the people by the state.

wiki it

retiredman
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
and distribution of wealth is socialism:

Socialism refers to group of ideologies and political movements with the goal of a socio-economic system in which property and the distribution of wealth are subject to control by the community.

wiki it

learn how to read.

a cheese sandwich is not a ham and cheese sandwich.

and how are you coming on that list of the items that I mentioned that were spearheaded by conservatives?

not too good, eh?

red states rule
03-31-2008, 03:52 PM

Despite the huge amount of taxes oil companies pay, to the left it is not enough. A tax rate of 41%

Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion
posted on: February 05, 2008 | about stocks: XOM

Corporate profits receive a lot of media attention, but what receives considerably less attention are the corporate taxes paid on corporate profits. Do a Google search for "Exxon profits" and you'll get about 8,000 hits. Now try "Exxon taxes" and you'll get a little more than 300 hits. That's a ratio of about 33 to 1.

I'm pretty sure that Exxon's tax payment in 2007 of $30 billion (that's $30,000,000,000) is a record, exceeding the $28 billion it paid last year.

By the way, Exxon pays taxes at a rate of 41% on its taxable income!

[Update: The $40.6 billion and $39.5 billion figures are after-tax profits. For 2006, Exxon's EBT (earnings before tax) was $67.4 billion, it paid $27.9 billion in taxes (41.4% tax rate), and its NIAT (net income after tax), or profit, was $39.5 billion.]

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63131-exxon-s-2007-tax-bill-30-billion

retiredman
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Despite the huge amount of taxes oil companies pay, to the left it is not enough. A tax rate of 41%

Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion
posted on: February 05, 2008 | about stocks: XOM

Corporate profits receive a lot of media attention, but what receives considerably less attention are the corporate taxes paid on corporate profits. Do a Google search for "Exxon profits" and you'll get about 8,000 hits. Now try "Exxon taxes" and you'll get a little more than 300 hits. That's a ratio of about 33 to 1.

I'm pretty sure that Exxon's tax payment in 2007 of $30 billion (that's $30,000,000,000) is a record, exceeding the $28 billion it paid last year.

By the way, Exxon pays taxes at a rate of 41% on its taxable income!

[Update: The $40.6 billion and $39.5 billion figures are after-tax profits. For 2006, Exxon's EBT (earnings before tax) was $67.4 billion, it paid $27.9 billion in taxes (41.4% tax rate), and its NIAT (net income after tax), or profit, was $39.5 billion.]

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63131-exxon-s-2007-tax-bill-30-billion

you didn't address my point. why am I not surprised?

Hagbard Celine
03-31-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm proud of my johnson

Yurt
03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
learn how to read.

a cheese sandwich is not a ham and cheese sandwich.

and how are you coming on that list of the items that I mentioned that were spearheaded by conservatives?

not too good, eh?

you just haven't been able to convince the masses to put the ham in yet, you have half the ingredients because you know traditional socialism is disfavored by the majority. so you slink back some of the control, big deal. it is in "effect" socialism.

howz that listerine taste potty mouth?

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
you didn't address my point. why am I not surprised?

You're talking in circles again--why am I not surprised ? :lol:

retiredman
03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
you just haven't been able to convince the masses to put the ham in yet, you have half the ingredients because you know traditional socialism is disfavored by the majority. so you slink back some of the control, big deal. it is in "effect" socialism.

howz that listerine taste potty mouth?
until the ham is in there, it ain't socialism.... that's fact. Democrats have no desire to publicly own all private property.

and if you don't fucking like my word choices, put me on ignore, you little pussy. Why in the world should I clean up my language to placate an annoying little worm like you? Now how are you coming on that list of conservative spearheaded progressive initiatives from my list? Or are you gonna slink away from THAT slice of bullshit as well?

Yurt
03-31-2008, 06:28 PM
until the ham is in there, it ain't socialism.... that's fact. Democrats have no desire to publicly own all private property.

and if you don't fucking like my word choices, put me on ignore, you little pussy. Why in the world should I clean up my language to placate an annoying little worm like you? Now how are you coming on that list of conservative spearheaded progressive initiatives from my list? Or are you gonna slink away from THAT slice of bullshit as well?

your words....

wow. what an enormous cyber penis you have! you are so incredibly macho!

retiredman
03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
you don't have to be macho to put me on ignore...and you don't have to have a great deal of integrity to run away from your own stupid statements. :lol:

Got that list together yet?

stephanie
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
When I hear a political party call themselves----Progressive, two words come to mind...

oppressive..

depressive

LuvRPgrl
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I am proud of our military. I am proud of my father's generation and how they fought to end fascism. I am proud of my own service in the Navy during the cold war...?the one liberals opposed and Reagan stood firm to let us win.

I am proud of America's steady march toward progressive liberalism over the last century and a half.?
Yea, build up strength from conservative values, then insist on changing it to socialism

...from ending slavery to passing women's suffrage,?
conservatives did that

to child labor laws, to giving unions the right to organize,?

conservatives again

workplace safety, environmental protection,?
passed by NIXON, OSHA, EPA

minimum wage, social security, medicare, medicaid,?
all disasters

the GI Bill, Civil Rights.... there are MANY things that make me proud to be an American.

retiredman
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Mr. Mail order! LOL

you are on drugs if you think that "conservatives" ended slavery and passed women's suffrage.... and you really do need to understand the difference between the words "conservative" and "republican". Nixon was the latter, NOT the former.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
you don't have to be macho to put me on ignore...and you don't have to have a great deal of integrity to run away from your own stupid statements. :lol:

Got that list together yet?

you so ansy pansy when it comes to wanting a response, but when others have asked it of you, you have no problem taking your time.... besides meltdown boy, i was working on a project and didn't have time for a response

civil rights
end of slavery

i don't recall your whole list, so thats it for now, besides, you already admitted that "they may not all be" from the dems, so even YOU have doubts...LOL

retiredman
03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
you so ansy pansy when it comes to wanting a response, but when others have asked it of you, you have no problem taking your time.... besides meltdown boy, i was working on a project and didn't have time for a response

civil rights
end of slavery

i don't recall your whole list, so thats it for now, besides, you already admitted that "they may not all be" from the dems, so even YOU have doubts...LOL

and you too don't know the difference between conservative and republican. They are NOT synonymous. idiot.

And, as I said, I didn't ADMIT anything. I NEVER claimed that any of them had anything to do with democrats..... you stupid fuck....

Yurt
03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
and you too don't know the difference between conservative and republican. They are NOT synonymous. idiot.

And, as I said, I didn't ADMIT anything. I NEVER claimed that any of them had anything to do with democrats..... you stupid fuck....

so they were liberals ninny?

you can't hijack progress made by republicans and claim some new party or idealogue was responsible. republicans, conservatives far out voted liberal dems when it came to civil rights...you bullshit claim that they weren't conservatives, but social progressives or whatever BS name you are trying to pawn off (didn't exist then, you are trying to re-write history)...

Most Americans probably don't know it, but the civil rights acts of the mid-1960s could not have happened without Republicans. Their votes, and the leadership of Senate Republican Leader Everett Dirksen at the time, helped break filibusters and roll over opposition to civil rights legislation in 1964 and 1965. Higher percentages of Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/raasch/2008-01-18-race-politics_N.htm

now stop your meltdown and come back to rational debates where you don't constantly insult people....or are you going to threaten me with pissing on my grave....

retiredman
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
so they were liberals ninny?

you can't hijack progress made by republicans and claim some new party or idealogue was responsible. republicans, conservatives far out voted liberal dems when it came to civil rights...you bullshit claim that they weren't conservatives, but social progressives or whatever BS name you are trying to pawn off (didn't exist then, you are trying to re-write history)...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/raasch/2008-01-18-race-politics_N.htm

now stop your meltdown and come back to rational debates where you don't constantly insult people....or are you going to threaten me with pissing on my grave....

again... if you don't know the difference between conservatives and republicans, maybe you should refrain from chewing your shoe.:laugh2:

Yurt
03-31-2008, 07:19 PM
again... if you don't know the difference between conservatives and republicans, maybe you should refrain from chewing your shoe.:laugh2:

AGAIN are you claiming they were/are not conservatives? if so, where is YOUR proof. you are hijacking their good deeds because you are making up their belief system. are you saying conservatives do not agree that the races should be equal? that slavery should still be legal?

you're full of caca

retiredman
03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
AGAIN are you claiming they were/are not conservatives? if so, where is YOUR proof. you are hijacking their good deeds because you are making up their belief system. are you saying conservatives do not agree that the races should be equal? that slavery should still be legal?

you're full of caca

I am saying nothing of the kind. I AM saying that conservatives opposed the abolition of slavery... as they did the passage of women's suffrage.

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 08:25 PM
I am saying nothing of the kind. I AM saying that conservatives opposed the abolition of slavery... as they did the passage of women's suffrage.

So when do the liberals intend to free the slaves ?

manu1959
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM

any of those conservatives still alive.....

Yurt
03-31-2008, 08:54 PM

conservatives supported anti slavery. lincoln, a republican, and conservative (despite your protestations which i have no doubt will come) made abolition possible.

i never mentioned women's suffrage, but will research it. i mentioned civil rights and how without republicans (majority of whom were conservatives) were largely responsible for civil rights. did you read my link :poke:

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
So when do the liberals intend to free the slaves ?

any of those conservatives still alive.....

frick and frack the comedy team. :clap:

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:23 PM
conservatives supported anti slavery. lincoln, a republican, and conservative (despite your protestations which i have no doubt will come) made abolition possible.

i never mentioned women's suffrage, but will research it. i mentioned civil rights and how without republicans (majority of whom were conservatives) were largely responsible for civil rights. did you read my link :poke:

do some research about the great southern conservative John C. Calhoun and the impact of his philosphy on the confederacy.

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
frick and frack the comedy team. :clap:

questions too tough for ya mr insensitive.....

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
questions too tough for ya mr insensitive.....

no.... just too stupid.

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
no.... just too stupid.

don't be so hard on yourself.......

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
do some research about the great southern conservative John C. Calhoun and the impact of his philosphy on the confederacy.

what does this have to do with my claims....he was a democrat-republican....are you still denying the civil rights claim that i have now mentioned 4 times, to which you have ignored 4 times......

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
what does this have to do with my claims....he was a democrat-republican....are you still denying the civil rights claim that i have now mentioned 4 times, to which you have ignored 4 times......

he was A CONSERVATIVE! if you keep willfully refusing to understand the difference between political party affiliation and political philosophy, there really is no reason to continue.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
he was A CONSERVATIVE! if you keep willfully refusing to understand the difference between political party affiliation and political philosophy, there really is no reason to continue.

are you saying that no conservative supported civil rights....are you saying no conservative supported the end of slavery....and he does not represent ALL conservatives ninny

edit: is there only one school of conservatisim?

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:46 PM

so one guy.....makes all conservatives bad......

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
are you saying that no conservative supported civil rights....are you saying no conservative supported the end of slavery....and he does not represent ALL conservatives ninny

why are you asking me what I am saying and then try to put words in my mouth? Of COURSE there were decent minded conservatives who supported the abolitionist movement.... but it was, at its core, a liberal political movement. Same with women's suffrage...Same with civil rights.... the very essence of the word "conservative" involves guarding the status quo, however, and in the case of slavery, and women's suffrage and civil rights, the status quo was what the conservative philosophy attempted to protect.

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
why are you asking me what I am saying and then try to put words in my mouth? Of COURSE there were decent minded conservatives who supported the abolitionist movement.... but it was, at its core, a liberal political movement. Same with women's suffrage...Same with civil rights.... the very essence of the word "conservative" involves guarding the status quo, however, and in the case of slavery, and women's suffrage and civil rights, the status quo was what the conservative philosophy attempted to protect.

so being conservative means never altering the satus quo....no matter what.....

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
so being conservative means never altering the satus quo....no matter what.....

did I say that, or are you just being your typically intentionally obtuse self?

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:54 PM
did I say that, or are you just being your typically intentionally obtuse self?

just pointing out how absurd you are......you name one conservative and then stereotype all conservatives......

sorry but i expect more from an insensitive irish preacher....

Dilloduck
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
just pointing out how absurd you are......you name one conservative and then stereotype all conservatives......

typical white man shit :laugh2:

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM

now that wasn't so hard was it....

and what manu said...btw, you have in fact been implying that quite heavily, that conservative means "status quo" ... and that is all you said, as if that was the end of it....

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM

john c. calhoun was the spirit behind the confederacy.

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
john c. calhoun was the spirit behind the confederacy.

good thing the northern conservatives kicked his ass and CHANGED THE STATUS QUO....

Abbey Marie
03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
I am willing to bet that my husband's New England ancestors who died in the Civil War fighting slavery, would be considered quite conservative by today's standards. But these terms cannot be transported back in time and applied in the same context we know them now. One can try to paint with a brush as broad as the Pacific in an attempt to make conservatives look bad, but it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I just saw this in an article quoted by Yurt in the 2008 Elections forum:

To add insult to that injury, he [Obama] conveniently omitted any reference to the fact that it was the party he represents [Dems] that opposed every piece of civil rights legislation from the 1860s up to and including the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

manu1959
03-31-2008, 10:55 PM
I am willing to bet that my husband's New England ancestors who died in the Civil War fighting slavery, would be considered quite conservative by today's standards. But these terms cannot be transported back in time and applied in the same context we know them now. One can try to paint with a brush as broad as the Pacific in an attempt to make conservatives look bad, but it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

as a relative of general sherman.....i agree in total....

red states rule
04-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Again we come to the same, utterly repeated problem: You're a doody head, no you're a doodyhead.

Liberals are proud of the same things that conservatives are proud of in many instances: Having more liberties than just about any other country in the world, having a society where you can be anything that you are willing to devote yourself to becoming, that we have the kind of men and women who have sworn themselves to military service, and the history that we have had of doing so much good for so much of the world. Now stop treating them like some set of aliens that are in all ways 180 degrees apart from you, they are not.

Time and again I have pointed this out, we all want America to succeed, but the difference is in the method. I've gone conservative libertarian, a smaller more manageable government, but that does not mean that I have to immediately insert my head in my own ass about anyone who is not 100% on my bandwagon. I understand, you believe differently than I do, but just because I believe I'm right, doesn't mean that you are wrong. I understand that you as well, have the best of intentions for this country of ours.

Apparently, for some on both sides, this is a requirement of being a liberal, or being a conservative, that "they" are the "enemy", as opposed to them just being well-meaning people who simply believe we should do things differently than I believe. Every time that you embrace this idiocy of division, you piss on what our forefathers built, you desecrate that which so many have died to protect.

John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson spent a large portion of their time debating each other on strong, central government (Adams) vs. Smaller, state run government (Jefferson), but it was a debate, not an argument or pissing contest like the ones we have now, where we cannot have an enlightened debate. Why is it so impossible for both sides to embrace the American ideals of freedom of belief, and see each other as friends, even if our opinions are different?

So far I have to hear Hillary or Obama say anything good about America. Day after day they talk about how rotten things are in Amercia, and how miserable the population is

Maybe you want America to succeed, but elected Dems do not. They live for bad news, and love to talk about it. On the other hand, they downplay and ignore the good news

Look at Iraq. For nearly a year you had to look hard for news on Iraq. Dems have not held any hearing recently on Iraq.
Why? The surge was working

Revenues to the US Treasury are at record highs, and the annual budget deficit has been cut in half - yet Dems are foaming at the mouth to raise income taxes, excise taxes, Social Seciuity taxes, capital gains taxes, aMedicare taxes, and corporate taxes. Even though Dems paint a picture of the US economy are days away from another great depression

Dems are not proud of our health care system. They want a government run health care system. Yes, the same outfit that runs our public school system should run our health care system

These policies will take us back to good ol days of Pres Peanut Carter. You did not live through his administration. If you think todays economy stinks - try these numbers from Peanut's legacy

Double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, (the prime was near 21%) and near double digit unemployment, the top tax rate was 70%, and gas lines went around the block. The economic ideas of Hillary and Obama will give us similiar results

You ask why we can't have a debate. It is simple. Dems are only interested in power, and getting more. Look at what the Dems ran on in 06. look at all the promises they made to get elected. Can you tell me what they have accomplished in a year and a hald, and what promises they have kept? Can you tell me how Dems have acted in a bipartisian manner?

retiredman
04-01-2008, 05:55 AM

Edited to add: I just saw this in an article quoted by Yurt in the 2008 Elections forum:

Of course yesterday's New England abolishionists would be considered conservative by TODAY's standards. Most of today's conservatives would have been considered wildly liberal by 1860 standards. That is because of the success of the march of progressive liberalism. The "status quo" has been continually creeping to the left for well over a hundred years in America.

Can you imagine if today's average conservative were transported back in time? They would arrive expecting children to be in school and not in mills working...they would expect black americans to be citizens and not property... they would expect women to not only vote, but serve in elected capacities...and those expectations would be seen as wildly liberal back then.

Conservatives have only been able to forestall the march of progressive liberalism...they have never really been able to reverse it.

red states rule
04-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Alot of people do not know the America Obama and the rest of the left talks about

April 01, 2008
Does Obama know America?
By James Lewis

When I hear liberals talk about this country I don't recognize the place. It's just as if they never talk to their own neighbors or go to their local market. The Left seems to constantly misunderstand normal people in a really paranoid fashion.

Jeremiah Wright is not the only rage-and-fear-peddler on that side of the political fence. Liberals apparently believe they can read minds, spotting racism and evil where nobody else can find it. That's what they keep telling us, after all.

I just don't recognize "Ameri-KKK-a," in the Rev. Wright's witty little phrase. In the real America of the last half century you have to turn over a lot of rocks to find the evil racist, sexist, homophobic meanies. Instead, I see a country that is desperately working to do good in the world.

Now this is the big, unanswered question about Barack Obama --- does he really understand America as it is? Or does he fall for the paranoid narrative of the Left? That is crucial. If he has internalized the Left's view of America, he will try to make the country pay and pay for all the wrongs, real or imagined, of the distant past. The country will be permanently guilt-tripped.

for the complete article

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/04/does_obama_know_america.html

diuretic
04-01-2008, 06:50 AM
So far I have to hear Hillary or Obama say anything good about America. Day after day they talk about how rotten things are in Amercia, and how miserable the population is

I'm not sticking my nose in the substance of the thread but, RSR, I've never seen a politician try to win office by telling everyone that the incumbents are doing a fine job and everything's wonderful.

red states rule
04-01-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm not sticking my nose in the substance of the thread but, RSR, I've never seen a politician try to win office by telling everyone that the incumbents are doing a fine job and everything's wonderful.

All Dems do here is run on doom and gloom. They see nothing good in America, and to them, the world is going to end if they are not elected

Can you see Ronald Reagan running on that platform? He saw all the good Amercia had to offer, and destroyed the Dems

Yurt
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Of course yesterday's New England abolishionists would be considered conservative by TODAY's standards. Most of today's conservatives would have been considered wildly liberal by 1860 standards. That is because of the success of the march of progressive liberalism. The "status quo" has been continually creeping to the left for well over a hundred years in America.

Can you imagine if today's average conservative were transported back in time? They would arrive expecting children to be in school and not in mills working...they would expect black americans to be citizens and not property... they would expect women to not only vote, but serve in elected capacities...and those expectations would be seen as wildly liberal back then.

Conservatives have only been able to forestall the march of progressive liberalism...they have never really been able to reverse it.

what about all those gays who got married, then unmarried....

your post is typical MFM bias, you make it out as if all conservatives do is try to stop any kind of progress...that is not the entire definition of conservatism and you know it

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 10:30 AM

Cool, then, by your own admission, it makes no sense to throw around the words conservative or liberal when discussing historical events, given their totally different contexts. I'm glad we agree.

Next topic...

retiredman
04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Cool, then, by your own admission, it makes no sense to throw around the words conservative or liberal when discussing historical events, given their totally different contexts. I'm glad we agree.

Next topic...

I made no such "admission". Why do you folks insist on putting words in my mouth? What I SAID was that the march of progressive liberalism is unstoppable in America. All conservatives can do is try to "conserve" a little of the past for a little while. Eventually, the status quo is washed away by the rising tide and a new status quo is established for a new generation of conservatives to fight in vain to hold onto.

And I'll switch topics when I am good and ready, certainly not on YOUR command.:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I made no such "admission". Why do you folks insist on putting words in my mouth? What I SAID was that the march of progressive liberalism is unstoppable in America. All conservatives can do is try to "conserve" a little of the past for a little while. Eventually, the status quo is washed away by the rising tide and a new status quo is established for a new generation of conservatives to fight in vain to hold onto.

And I'll switch topics when I am good and ready, certainly not on YOUR command.:laugh2:

Hey, have at it- I think it's toast! :laugh2:

retiredman
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey, have at it- I think it's toast! :laugh2:

don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

Dilloduck
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=manfrommaine;224569]. Eventually, the status quo is washed away by the rising tide and a new status quo is established for a new generation of conservatives to fight in vain to hold onto.
QUOTE]

The more things change the more they stay the same. Don't kid yourself.

retiredman
04-01-2008, 12:15 PM
. Eventually, the status quo is washed away by the rising tide and a new status quo is established for a new generation of conservatives to fight in vain to hold onto.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Don't kid yourself.

yeah...that's why we have freed slaves and voting women and minimum wage and child labor laws and social security and medicare and medicaid...because things stay the same! :laugh2:

mundame
04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
What I SAID was that the march of progressive liberalism is unstoppable in America.

The problem with predicting the future is that it hasn't happened yet. And often doesn't. That is, Marx said the same thing, that communism was unstoppable.

However, about 1991, communism ran into a brick wall and stopped, which was not what a lot of people had predicted.

I would actually watch out for a revolution rather than a "continuing march of progressive liberalism," as I don't think people will put up with another bout of communism and totalitarianism.

All conservatives can do is try to "conserve" a little of the past for a little while. Eventually, the status quo is washed away by the rising tide and a new status quo is established for a new generation of conservatives to fight in vain to hold onto.

I agree with this, MFM, as it's simply a definition of conservativm as a force that retards change. Change of any kind, however, not just socialism. If this nation falls into fascism, conservatism will try to stop that tide from flowing in also.

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

It is always good not to waste one's time. I'll be back when you have an actual argument, Preach.

retiredman
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
It is always good not to waste one's time. I'll be back when you have an actual argument, Preach.

I made my actual argument. you purposely misconstrued it...

and I may preach on Sundays, but certainly not here!

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I made my actual argument. you purposely misconstrued it...

and I may preach on Sundays, but certainly not here!

Yup, evil Abbey deliberately misconstrued your agreement that your "Conservatives in history" argument made no sense. Whut- eva. :rolleyes:

I think you do preach here- but only from the Gospel according to Liberals. ;)

retiredman
04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Yup, evil Abbey deliberately misconstrued your agreement that your "Conservatives in history" argument made no sense. Whut- eva. :rolleyes:

And any purported agreement with you was definitely misconstrued. Whether it was deliberate is really known only to you. ;)

red states rule
04-01-2008, 05:06 PM

and kneels at the alter of Obama

retiredman
04-01-2008, 08:32 PM
and kneels at the alter of Obama

Last time I recall, you were dissing McCain really badly and were still a Rudy guy....

who's that workin' out for ya?:laugh2:

red states rule
04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Last time I recall, you were dissing McCain really badly and were still a Rudy guy....

who's that workin' out for ya?:laugh2:

Unlike you, I do not support someone just because he/she has an "R" at the end of their name

I am an American first, a conservative second, and a Republican third

You are a Dem first, a Dem second, and a Dem third

retiredman
04-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Unlike you, I do not support someone just because he/she has an "R" at the end of their name

I am an American first, a conservative second, and a Republican third

You are a Dem first, a Dem second, and a Dem third

so...you are not voting for McCain?

who will you vote for?

And actually, I am an American first, a democrat second.

red states rule
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
so...you are not voting for McCain?

who will you vote for?

And actually, I am an American first, a democrat second.

Probably nobody

NO, you are a liberal hack. You put party ahead of everything else in life

retiredman
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Probably nobody

NO, you are a liberal hack. You put party ahead of everything else in life

probably? LOL

what bullshit. You'll vote for McCain.

and NO... I always put my country ahead of everything except my God and my family. Party follows that.

red states rule
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
probably? LOL

what bullshit. You'll vote for McCain.

and NO... I always put my country ahead of everything except my God and my family. Party follows that.

I say probably because I am thinking of writing in Pale

You have only one alligence MFM -that is the Democrat party. Nothing else means shit to you except your party

retiredman
04-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I say probably because I am thinking of writing in Pale

You have only one alligence MFM -that is the Democrat party. Nothing else means shit to you except your party

you really have no way of knowing my allegiance. I will tell you it is God, familiy, country, party. If I didn't love my country, why would I have served in harm's way for my country for all those years?

red states rule
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
you really have no way of knowing my allegiance. I will tell you it is God, familiy, country, party. If I didn't love my country, why would I have served in harm's way for my country for all those years?

Right now your one and only allegiance is to the Dems

You prove that on a daily basis

retiredman
04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Right now your one and only allegiance is to the Dems

You prove that on a daily basis

that is not true. I prove my allegiance to my God by prayer and bible reading daily... and by preaching on Sunday. I prove my allegiance to my family by all the things I do for all of them every day. I prove my allegiance to my country by carrying around a retired military ID card. I prove my allegiance to the democrats by how I vote.

Yurt
04-01-2008, 09:39 PM
that is not true. I prove my allegiance to my God by prayer and bible reading daily... and by preaching on Sunday. I prove my allegiance to my family by all the things I do for all of them every day. I prove my allegiance to my country by carrying around a retired military ID card. I prove my allegiance to the democrats by how I vote.

are you hanging your patriotism and allegiance on the fact you have a retired military ID card?

red states rule
04-01-2008, 09:41 PM

You show your true colors here, and put on a show on Sunday's at Church

Typical double standards for a liberal

retiredman
04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
You show your true colors here, and put on a show on Sunday's at Church

Typical double standards for a liberal

I disagree with your opinion of me.

but I can imagine, you disagree with my opinion about YOU, don't you?

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM

Which country? I thought you chose to spend the rest of your life in Mexico...

retiredman
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Which country? I thought you chose to spend the rest of your life in Mexico...

America. I will always be an American. I will vote in America and pay taxes in America. I will just LIVE in Mexico where the weather, the standard of living, and the quality of healthcare (me with a bad ticker) are all more to our liking. I will always be an American and concerned with her issues.

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
America. I will always be an American. I will vote in America and pay taxes in America. I will just LIVE in Mexico where the weather, the standard of living, and the quality of healthcare (me with a bad ticker) are all more to our liking. I will always be an American and concerned with her issues.

Your standard of living might be ok, but how will you live alongside so much abject poverty? Won't that bother you? Or will you isolate yourself from it?

And you seriously think healthcare is better in Mexico?

red states rule
04-02-2008, 04:45 AM

Michael Moore told him so

retiredman
04-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Your standard of living might be ok, but how will you live alongside so much abject poverty? Won't that bother you? Or will you isolate yourself from it?

Initially, my wife and I almost closed on a home in San Miguel de Allende... which is a lovely colonial city high in the mountains in the middle of Mexico (with no real ABJECT poverty, by the way)... but the seller backed out at the last minute. We are now glad that that happened because we have decided that San Miguel is as bit too much of an expatriate enclave and we would prefer to live in the mexican culture and not in a gated community of english speakers. We are now zeroing in on Xalapa, a lovely university town in the mountains about an hour south of Vera Cruz.

I KNOW the quality of healthcare in Mexico is equal to the states. The cardiologist in Xalapa trained at the same stateside medical school that my current cardiologist trained at. There is a modern, well equipped hospital. Prescription drugs are extremely inexpensive when compared to America. And I KNOW that the cost of healthcare is SIGNIFICANTY less, even on an FM3 visa and even with preexisting conditions.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Initially, my wife and I almost closed on a home in San Miguel de Allende... which is a lovely colonial city high in the mountains in the middle of Mexico (with no real ABJECT poverty, by the way)... but the seller backed out at the last minute. We are now glad that that happened because we have decided that San Miguel is as bit too much of an expatriate enclave and we would prefer to live in the mexican culture and not in a gated community of english speakers. We are now zeroing in on Xalapa, a lovely university town in the mountains about an hour south of Vera Cruz.

I KNOW the quality of healthcare in Mexico is equal to the states. The cardiologist in Xalapa trained at the same stateside medical school that my current cardiologist trained at. There is a modern, well equipped hospital. Prescription drugs are extremely inexpensive when compared to America. And I KNOW that the cost of healthcare is SIGNIFICANTY less, even on an FM3 visa and even with preexisting conditions.

With Dems and McCain you will be able to live in that enviroment where you are now in the not to distant future

Taco Bell will be your phone company

retiredman
04-02-2008, 08:58 AM
With Dems and McCain you will be able to live in that enviroment where you are now in the not to distant future

Taco Bell will be your phone company

there is no snow in Xalapa...the food is much tastier and the healthcare is better and more affordable. sorry.

and again...are you promising NOT to vote for McCain, no matter what?:laugh2:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:01 AM
there is no snow in Xalapa...the food is much tastier and the healthcare is better and more affordable. sorry.

and again...are you promising NOT to vote for McCain, no matter what?:laugh2:

Please do not waste anytime - feel free to leave ASAP

How many times do I have to tell you - I will not vote for McCain

Unlike you, I put principals ahead of political gains

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Please do not waste anytime - feel free to leave ASAP

How many times do I have to tell you - I will not vote for McCain

Unlike you, I put principals ahead of political gains

I am not going to waste any time. We will leave when our daughter graduates from college in the spring of 2011. We'll be happily ensconced in our new hacienda before the snow falls up north.

But I will continue to be involved in democratic party politics and will join the local democratic committee and continue to vote absentee in every state and national election.

My voice will continue to be heard, I just won't be shivering as I speak.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I am not going to waste any time. We will leave when our daughter graduates from college in the spring of 2011. We'll be happily ensconced in our new hacienda before the snow falls up north.

But I will continue to be involved in democratic party politics and will join the local democratic committee and continue to vote absentee in every state and national election.

My voice will continue to be heard, I just won't be shivering as I speak.

Just leave a standing order to cast your vote for every Dem on the ballot

Save some postage

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Just leave a standing order to cast your vote for every Dem on the ballot

Save some postage

you really don't need to worry about my postage budget, there little buddy. We both know you have more pressing issues to worry about.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
you really don't need to worry about my postage budget, there little buddy. We both know you have more pressing issues to worry about.

Yea, watching Dems rip each other apart is great therapy

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Yea, watching Dems rip each other apart is great therapy

has it improved your prognosis?

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:21 AM
has it improved your prognosis?

Sorry to disappoint you MFMF - do not bother drinking an extra beer then come to PA to pay your "respects"

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry to disappoint you MFMF - do not bother drinking an extra beer then come to PA to pay your "respects"

oh... I am sure that I would wait until I got there to have some fine local microbrew much more appropriate for the occasion.

But again... hope you beat this cancer and I hope you live a long and healthy life... I just hope that I live a bit longer than you do!

Yurt
04-02-2008, 09:32 AM

don't you have healthcare benefits from being retired military?

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:35 AM
don't you have healthcare benefits from being retired military?

I do..TRI CARE. But even TRICARE requires retirees to sign up for Medicare Part B. Prescriptions in Mexico are MUCH less expensive and my monthly medication bill after my heart attack is scary big.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
oh... I am sure that I would wait until I got there to have some fine local microbrew much more appropriate for the occasion.

But again... hope you beat this cancer and I hope you live a long and healthy life... I just hope that I live a bit longer than you do!

Why not make this post the subject of your next sermon and show your flock what is really on the inside of you?

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Why not make this post the subject of your next sermon and show your flock what is really on the inside of you?

Why don't you let me direct you in the way that you do your job, then.... OK?

moron.:laugh2:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Why don't you let me direct you in the way that you do your job, then.... OK?

My you are such a Christian MFM. Or is that only for an hour only every Sunday?

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:07 AM
My you are such a Christian MFM. Or is that only for an hour only every Sunday?

Christians aren't perfect, RSR, just forgiven!

Again.... you feel justified in telling me how I should do MY job.... why not be willing to let me tell you how to do yours?

red states rule
04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Christians aren't perfect, RSR, just forgiven!

Again.... you feel justified in telling me how I should do MY job.... why not be willing to let me tell you how to do yours?

To be forgiven you have to ask. You keep digging that hole even deeper

I was only suggesting a topic for one of your sermons. I understand why you would not want to have your comments exposed beyond the board

People would see the real you in the light of day

Not much there for a liberal like you to be proud of

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
To be forgiven you have to ask. You keep digging that hole even deeper

I was only suggesting a topic for one of your sermons. I understand why you would not want to have your comments exposed beyond the board

People would see the real you in the light of day

Not much there for a liberal like you to be proud of

I ask for God's forgiveness often every day.

And I really don't need help from a moron when chosing topics for my sermons.... I usually rely on the gospel reading from that Sunday's lectionary to inspire me. Anti-American hateful partisan idiots like you seldom do.

But when you need my advice on how to put the cans of vegetables back up on the shelves, you let me know! :lol:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I ask for God's forgiveness often every day.

And I really don't need help from a moron when chosing topics for my sermons.... I usually rely on the gospel reading from that Sunday's lectionary to inspire me. Anti-American hateful partisan idiots like you seldom do.

But when you need my advice on how to put the cans of vegetables back up on the shelves, you let me know! :lol:

Yea, the real you always comes thru sooner or later. Your church will see it someday soon as well

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
members of my congregation see the real me every day.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Must be why the pass out barf bags upon entering the Church

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Must be why the pass out barf bags upon entering the Church

why would you say that? that doesn't happen and you would have no idea in any case.

you have reduced yourself to mere childish insults at this point (although it wasn't really all that much of a reduction!)

but back to the topic of the post, I made my case about what I am proud of as an American and as a liberal. Care to debate my points?

red states rule
04-02-2008, 10:29 AM
why would you say that? that doesn't happen and you would have no idea in any case.

you have reduced yourself to mere childish insults at this point (although it wasn't really all that much of a reduction!)

but back to the topic of the post, I made my case about what I am proud of as an American and as a liberal. Care to debate my points?

I am resonding to a hypotical liberasl who puts on a show every Sunday for the public and then shows his real side here

If you are proud of that fine. You have to live with it - not me

Nice job at playing the offended liberal

Hagbard Celine
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
"pride brings destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall."

This thread is just more of RSR's derisive bullcrap.

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I find you repugnant and offensive, to be sure...but I am not really "offended" by your remarks, because I consider the source....

like I said... all you got left is silly "barf bag" insults.

pretty fucking weak:lol:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I find you repugnant and offensive, to be sure...but I am not really "offended" by your remarks, because I consider the source....

like I said... all you got left is silly "barf bag" insults.

pretty fucking weak:lol:

Not as weak as your lack of character and your double standards

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Not as weak as your lack of character and your double standards

thanks for your opinion. I don't think I lack character and neither do the folks who know me best.

I certainly don't have any double standards.... I think that morons on the left are just as moronic as you.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
thanks for your opinion. I don't think I lack character and neither do the folks who know me best.

I certainly don't have any double standards.... I think that morons on the left are just as moronic as you.

The people who know you best are here. The outside world know the character you play

If you ever lose your double standards you will have no standards at all

Abbey Marie
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
"pride brings destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall."

This thread is just more of RSR's derisive bullcrap.

If that's all you see at fault in here, you must only be reading every other post. :rolleyes:

retiredman
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
If that's all you see at fault in here, you must only be reading every other post. :rolleyes:

please list a post of mine that is "bullcrap" in any way.

I'll wait.

retiredman
04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
The people who know you best are here. The outside world know the character you play

If you ever lose your double standards you will have no standards at all

the people who know me best are here????

my wife, children, former shipmates, and friends in Maine would be collectively laughing their asses off if they could read that! :laugh2:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 05:16 PM

my wife, children, former shipmates, and friends in Maine would be collectively laughing their asses off if they could read that! :laugh2:

Not surprised they laugh you off MFM

actsnoblemartin
04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
what a bunch of tripe, you are indeed a class-less putz. :slap:

red states rule
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
please list a post of mine that is "bullcrap" in any way.

I'll wait.

Pick any of your post starting with post # 113

actsnoblemartin
04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
like when you wish to live longer then others, so u can piss on their graves? :laugh2:

Are you sure you dont hang out with pastor wright?, youre both left wing kooks, and you both have the same temperment.

But to make sure we can tell you apart, go get a mohawk :poke:

actsnoblemartin
04-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Ya know the difference between a genuine racist and mfm.

The racist is atleast honest.

Maine changes his position on rsr more then a bill clinton intern

and ya know, i wouldnt even wait for you to die to :pee: on you, for your gross, evil, heartless, comments youve made lately and in the past about rsr

youre not even worth cussing at :cool:

actsnoblemartin
04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I would never genuinly want my worst enemy to get or die of any disease, thats the difference between you and me.

:dance:

retiredman
04-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I would never genuinly want my worst enemy to get or die of any disease, thats the difference between you and me.

:dance:

could you please point out how what I said has anything to do with anyone getting or dying of a disease?

LuvRPgrl
04-09-2008, 01:46 AM

RSR is right. Here you have no need to be concerned about your image. Your true self comes out, unlike when you are with your friends, etc.

Sitarro
04-09-2008, 03:58 AM

My guess is that the members of your club are just as naive and ignorant as the fucks that slither around at that dipshit wright's clubhouse. I can't truly express how much I hate you shysters that make tax free money using GOD's name to suck the mentally challenged dry. There is a very special place deep in hell for crooks like you and that asshole wright.

.....errr did I post that...... i thought I was just thinking it. Never mind, no offense.......:laugh2: really...... I swear I'm not kidding.

How much did your club clear last year?

retiredman
04-09-2008, 05:50 AM
My guess is that the members of your club are just as naive and ignorant as the fucks that slither around at that dipshit wright's clubhouse. I can't truly express how much I hate you shysters that make tax free money using GOD's name to suck the mentally challenged dry. There is a very special place deep in hell for crooks like you and that asshole wright.

your guess would be incorrect.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:01 AM
your guess would be incorrect.

You guessed wrong

Only your fellow liberals would be proud of you - the rest would shake their heads in disbelief over your blatant hyprocicy

retiredman
04-09-2008, 06:18 AM
You guessed wrong

Only your fellow liberals would be proud of you - the rest would shake their heads in disbelief over your blatant hyprocicy

how would you know that? How would you know how I am viewed by my congregation?

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:26 AM
how would you know that? How would you know how I am viewed by my congregation?

The side of you are they viewing would have to be determined first before I could answer

retiredman
04-09-2008, 06:28 AM
The side of you are they viewing would have to be determined first before I could answer

but you already DID answer. You already said,

"Only your fellow liberals would be proud of you - the rest would shake their heads in disbelief over your blatant hyprocicy."

do you now wish to retract that?

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:31 AM
but you already DID answer. You already said,

"Only your fellow liberals would be proud of you - the rest would shake their heads in disbelief over your blatant hyprocicy."

do you now wish to retract that?

No

Only if they saw the real you - the one here who openly spreads his hate and distain for others who disagree with you

retiredman
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
No

Only if they saw the real you - the one here who openly spreads his hate and distain for others who disagree with you

you are wrong. as I said....my congregation sees the real me every day. They like me just fine.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:36 AM
you are wrong. as I said....my congregation sees the real me every day. They like me just fine.

They see the side you want them to see in public. I wonder how they would react if saw the real you and what you post

Your get well wishes, foul language, sexual innuendos, insults, and tips on grave maintance.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 06:37 AM
They see the side you want them to see in public. I wonder how they would react if saw the real you and what you post

Your get well wishes, foul language, sexual innuendos, insults, and tips on grave maintance.

again...please tell me how you know what side of me they see?

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
again...please tell me how you know what side of me they see?

If they see the side of you we see here, all of you must belong to the Church of Liberal Hypocrisy

You already do

retiredman
04-09-2008, 07:06 AM
If they see the side of you we see here, all of you must belong to the Church of Liberal Hypocrisy

You already do

so...you are admitting that you don't know much about the situation and are just engaging in insulting speculation.

I am not surprised.

Hagbard Celine
04-09-2008, 09:19 AM

Obviously it's degenerated into nothing more than an MFM-RSR cage match, but I was referring to the OP. I cut right to the root of the problem Abbs.

midcan5
04-09-2008, 01:36 PM
This country, to start with, it was founded on liberal beliefs of individual liberty, tolerance, and a division of powers. But what I find most amazing about this sort of question is why the poster did not know that to start with? Is it a lack of education or a particular biased assessment of liberalism. Either answer will do.

Even a cursory view of our history demonstrates that most progressive ideas were fought against by conservatives, it is in the nature of conservatism to do that. Denying that fact is to deny that the conservative frame exists at all. So in answer I'd say we are proud of lots, what are you proud of?

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:38 PM
This country, to start with, it was founded on liberal beliefs of individual liberty, tolerance, and a division of powers. But what I find most amazing about this sort of question is why the poster did not know that to start with? Is it a lack of education or a particular biased assessment of liberalism. Either answer will do.

Even a cursory view of our history demonstrates that most progressive ideas were fought against by conservatives, it is in the nature of conservatism to do that. Denying that fact is to deny that the conservative frame exists at all. So in answer I'd say we are proud of lots, what are you proud of?

The topic of the threads aks what libs are proud of? So far, listening to Hillary and Obama there is nothing about Amercia they are proud of

According to them America sucks

retiredman
04-09-2008, 01:42 PM
The topic of the threads aks what libs are proud of? So far, listening to Hillary and Obama there is nothing about Amercia they are proud of

you obviously don't listen to them at all.

www.barackobama.com

Lots of great things about America there. Check it out.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
you obviously don't listen to them at all.

www.barackobama.com

Lots of great things about America there. Check it out.

What Obama may put on his site is not what he says about the racist, hate filled, and poverty stricken country he describes on the trail

midcan5
04-09-2008, 01:47 PM

Not a good answer, Hillary and Obama don't speak for liberals, we can talk on our own. I answered you.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Not a good answer, Hillary and Obama don't speak for liberals, we can talk on our own. I answered you.

They are classic tax and spend liberals

retiredman
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
What Obama may put on his site is not what he says about the racist, hate filled, and poverty stricken country he describes on the trail

link where he calls America racist hate filled and poverty stricken.

I'll wait.

theHawk
04-09-2008, 02:50 PM

I'll wait.

Perhaps you missed his speech about his white grandmother being a "typical white person" going on describe her as a racist bitch. If Obama thinks the typical white person is racist just like his granny, then I think that is pretty much the same as saying America is a racist hate filled place.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Perhaps you missed his speech about his white grandmother being a "typical white person" going on describe her as a racist bitch. If Obama thinks the typical white person is racist just like his granny, then I think that is pretty much the same as saying America is a racist hate filled place.

yeah... I missed where he calls his grandmother a "racist bitch". Why not link me up to that quote.:fu:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 04:54 PM

I'll wait. Funny how you always demand word-for-word links from your fellow debaters but are incapable of providing any of your own. That would make you a troll. :laugh2:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Funny how you always demand word-for-word links from your fellow debaters but are incapable of providing any of your own. That would make you a troll. :laugh2:

in your opinion. I would suggest that people who ask for links to universally known facts - like YOU - are the real trolls.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 05:17 PM
in your opinion. I would suggest that people who ask for links to universally known facts - like YOU - are the real trolls. You describe yourself perfectly.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
You describe yourself perfectly.

like asking for links that Rush was caught with a huge quantity of oxycontin?

Sorry...I don't do that...that's all about you, big boy.

If I said that the earth rotated around the fucking sun, you'd bring in the old :link: smilie.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
like asking for links that Rush was caught with a huge quantity of oxycontin?

Sorry...I don't do that...that's all about you, big boy.

If I said that the earth rotated around the fucking sun, you'd bring in the old :link: smilie.

Just a few recent examples of your hypocrisy:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228844&postcount=166

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228799&postcount=164

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=228154&highlight=%3Alink%3A#post228154

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228147&postcount=26

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=224881&postcount=67

retiredman
04-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Just a few recent examples of your hypocrisy:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228844&postcount=166

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228799&postcount=164

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=228154&highlight=%3Alink%3A#post228154

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228147&postcount=26

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=224881&postcount=67

hypocrisy? asking people to either produce evidence that backs up what they said? YOU asked for a link to prove that Rush Limbaugh got caught with a large quantity of illegal oxycontin. THAT is the mark of a TROLL!

Do you next want a link that proves President Bush's middle initial is DUBYA????? :laugh2:

and taking the time to track down posts of mine from the past week is kind of obsessive and creepy. :lol:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Actually I asked you to prove that Rush "got away with it" and had a "barrel" of it. So far you have been unable to do so. :pee:

Pale Rider
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
hypocrisy?

Yeah... glock just pwned you like a pork chop on an outside grill... :laugh:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah... glock just pwned you like a pork chop on an outside grill... :laugh:

is that noise from the greasemonkey peanut gallery?

When someone says that Obama called his grandmother a racist bitch, it really isn't hypocritical to ask for a link.

When someone says that Rush Limbaugh has been on record as saying that white drug users have been getting away with durg abuse should be found, convicted and sent up river, and the fact that he had personally abused oxycontin to the point where he had gone deaf and even then, not only did NOT go up river, but used the ACLU to help him out of the jam even after he had totally denigrated the organization as being unAmerican....THAT is hypocritical twice....and then Glock wants a fucking LINK....THAT is being ridiculous.

but I would expect you two to stick together like butt buddies.:pee:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Actually I asked you to prove that Rush "got away with it" and had a "barrel" of it. So far you have been unable to do so. :pee:

The facts are, and what MFM is ignoring, all charges were dropped after Rush completed his treatment and paid a fine

MFM is crushed once again

glockmail
04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning- reminds me of, victory!

red states rule
04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning- reminds me of, victory!

and on such a wonderful Spring morning at that

retiredman
04-10-2008, 08:35 AM
The facts are, and what MFM is ignoring, all charges were dropped after Rush completed his treatment and paid a fine

MFM is crushed once again

he paid a fine. bought his way out of a jail cell. used his wealth and influence to avoid the punishment that he, himself had advocated for his crime. AND he used the ACLU to help him avoid incarceration. hypocrite.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
he paid a fine. bought his way out of a jail cell. used his wealth and influence to avoid the punishment that he, himself had advocated for his crime. AND he used the ACLU to help him avoid incarceration. hypocrite.

I thought we were talking about Rush and not the Kennedy clan

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I thought we were talking about Rush and not the Kennedy clan

we are. are you denying that is precisely what Rush did?

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
we are. are you denying that is precisely what Rush did?

Who is denying it? As usual you are making your liberal rants without any facts to back them up

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Who is denying it? As usual you are making your liberal rants without any facts to back them up

what rant? He had previously stated that when whites who do drugs get caught, they should be sent up river. fact. He got caught making an illegal buy on a large quantity of oxycontin. fact. He used the ACLU to help defend him. fact. He did NOT get sent upriver. fact.

Are you denying any of those facts? yes or no

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:30 AM
what rant? He had previously stated that when whites who do drugs get caught, they should be sent up river. fact. He got caught making an illegal buy on a large quantity of oxycontin. fact. He used the ACLU to help defend him. fact. He did NOT get sent upriver. fact.

Are you denying any of those facts? yes or no

You left out how Rush said his stance applied to repeat offenders and thse who refuse treatment

Once agin you did not know the facts before going off on a rant

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
You left out how Rush said his stance applied to repeat offenders and thse who refuse treatment

Once agin you did not know the facts before going off on a rant

Rush SAID:

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too."

those are the FACTS.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Rush SAID:

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too."

those are the FACTS.

Still ignoring how he said it applies to repeat offenders and those who refuse treatment

Facts never do enter into your posts when they go against you

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Still ignoring how he said it applies to repeat ofenders and those who refuse treatment
show me the quote and the date of the quote where he said anything about it only applying to repeat offenders and those who refuse treatment. If it is anytime after he was caught...it is nothing but a tapdance. The initial quote that I gave is from 1995. I'll wait for yours.... or do you just expect me to accept YOUR bullshit without a shred of proof?

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
show me the quote and the date of the quote where he said anything about it only applying to repeat offenders and those who refuse treatment. If it is anytime after he was caught...it is nothing but a tapdance. The initial quote that I gave is from 1995. I'll wait for yours.... or do you just expect me to accept YOUR bullshit without a shred of proof?

he has said it many times on the air - I have heard him, and it was before he made his issue public

Libs like you who enjoy smearing him, and saying he spreads hate - never listen to his show

You go by what your left wing smear web sites tell you

theHawk
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Maybe its just me, but when we talk about drug use in this country we usually are referring to the stuff like cocaine, heroin, marijuana, crack ect. In other words, the stuff people use to get 'high'. Or the other bad drug use is 'performance enhancing' drugs like steriods and HGH. Comparing that with people who get addicted to prescription pain medication or sleeping pills is a bit rediculous. They're using those drugs for a legitimate reason from the start.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Maybe its just me, but when we talk about drug use in this country we usually are referring to the stuff like cocaine, heroin, marijuana, crack ect. In other words, the stuff people use to get 'high'. Or the other bad drug use is 'performance enhancing' drugs like steriods and HGH. Comparing that with people who get addicted to prescription pain medication or sleeping pills is a bit rediculous. They're using those drugs for a legitimate reason from the start.

Since the left can;t compete with Rush in the open market, they have to try and smear him

Libs have a habit of doing that with anyone they can't defeat on a level playing field

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:16 AM

nice spin. We had a robbery of a pharmacy in Portland not long ago and the oxycontin was what the thief was after. Rush never had to resort to theft, because he has so much cash from his highly popular radio show...but he's an oxycontin junkie...pure and simple. you may start out taking them for pain, but after a while, you are taking them for the buzz. junkie. send him up river, I say.:laugh2:

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
he has said it many times on the air - I have heard him, and it was before he made his issue public

Libs like you who enjoy smearing him, and saying he spreads hate - never listen to his show

You go by what your left wing smear web sites tell you

oh...you HEARD him... that's as good as a link to Encyclopedia Brittanica! :lol:

In 95 he said that white guys who use drugs and get caught should be sent upriver. In 03, he's squealing like a baby and hiding behind the ACLU to avoid doing just that.

hypopcrite.
coward.
junkie.
RSR hero.
why am I not surprised???

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
oh...you HEARD him... that's as good as a link to Encyclopedia Brittanica! :lol:

In 95 he said that white guys who use drugs and get caught should be sent upriver. In 03, he's squealing like a baby and hiding behind the ACLU to avoid doing just that.

hypopcrite.
coward.
junkie.
RSR hero.
why am I not surprised???

I lsiten to his show, you do not. Rush did not ask the ACLU for help, they did it on their own - another fact

Rush had a top lawyer anyway

Try using facts next MFM, just for a change of pace

theHawk
04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
nice spin. We had a robbery of a pharmacy in Portland not long ago and the oxycontin was what the thief was after. Rush never had to resort to theft, because he has so much cash from his highly popular radio show...but he's an oxycontin junkie...pure and simple. you may start out taking them for pain, but after a while, you are taking them for the buzz. junkie. send him up river, I say.:laugh2:

Then that must mean you'd avocate throwing Obama in jail -

Long before he was in the national media spotlight, Barack Obama had this to say about himself: "Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man... I got high [to] push questions of who I was out of my mind." Obama's revelations were not an issue during his Senate campaign two years ago. But now his open narrative of early, bad choices, including drug use starting in high school and ending in college, are sure to receive new scrutiny.

The teenage years mark a period of rebellion for males, and Obama's racial turmoil only exacerbated those natural feelings. He was always a solid B student, but by his senior year, he was slacking off in his schoolwork in favor of basketball, beach time parties. He also, as he described it later, "dabbled in drugs and alcohol." He would buy a six-pack of Heineken after school and polish off the bottles while shooting baskets. He also smoked marijuana and experimented with snorting cocaine but demurred from heroin when he said a drug supplier seemed far too eager to have him experience it. Later, Obama noted that white kids, Hawaiian kids and wealthy kids also turn to drugs to soothe whatever causes them pain.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Drugs.htm

But I'll take a wild guess here, and say you'll do a complete 180 on this subject.

The O-bah-bah-ma sheep must follow his shepherd no matter what.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Then that must mean you'd avotace throwing Obama in jail -

Long before he was in the national media spotlight, Barack Obama had this to say about himself: "Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man... I got high [to] push questions of who I was out of my mind." Obama's revelations were not an issue during his Senate campaign two years ago. But now his open narrative of early, bad choices, including drug use starting in high school and ending in college, are sure to receive new scrutiny.

But I'll take a wild guess here, and say you'll do a complete 180 on this subject.

The O-bah-bah-ma sheep must follow his shepherd no matter what.

Damn Hawk -tried to rep you but I have to hand it out more

I owe you

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I lsiten to his show, you do not. Rush did not ask the ACLU for help, they did it on their own - another fact

Rush had a top lawyer anyway

Try using facts next MFM, just for a change of pace

so...you listen to his show, so therefore, you can make any sort of claim that he said anything about anything and that, somehow becomes a FACT???? Give me a fucking break.

Show me one quote from Rush that talks about his "upriver" comment only being for repeat offenders and those who refused treatment.... show me the quote and the date.

And it would seem to me, for someone who has villified the ACLU as much as Rush, that he would have demanded that they not participate in his defense.... but nope...he hid behind their defense of his rights and avoided the prison time he himself had previously advocated for his crimes.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:30 AM
so...you listen to his show, so therefore, you can make any sort of claim that he said anything about anything and that, somehow becomes a FACT???? Give me a fucking break.

Show me one quote from Rush that talks about his "upriver" comment only being for repeat offenders and those who refused treatment.... show me the quote and the date.

And it would seem to me, for someone who has villified the ACLU as much as Rush, that he would have demanded that they not participate in his defense.... but nope...he hid behind their defense of his rights and avoided the prison time he himself had previously advocated for his crimes.

Translation - Stop with the damn facts. What you are saying is not what I read on the George Soros web site Media Matters.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Translation - Stop with the damn facts. What you are saying is not what I read on the George Soros web site Media Matters.
FACTS????
"RSR sez Rush said" is a FACT????

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you couldn't have typed that with a straight face! That is TOO funny!

theHawk
04-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, whats your answer MFM? Or are you just going to ignore my last post?

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Ignoring facts is his best quality

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:37 AM

my answer is that Obama has not advocated sending drug users upriver. Rush Limbaugh has. Obama used drugs as a kid. Rush Limbaugh used drugs AFTER he had advocated sending drug users upriver. Rush Limbaugh used his money and influence and the ACLU to avoid prison. Are you really not seeing Limbaugh's hypocrisy on this issue?

theHawk
04-10-2008, 11:51 AM
my answer is that Obama has not advocated sending drug users upriver. Rush Limbaugh has. Obama used drugs as a kid. Rush Limbaugh used drugs AFTER he had advocated sending drug users upriver. Rush Limbaugh used his money and influence and the ACLU to avoid prison. Are you really not seeing Limbaugh's hypocrisy on this issue?

I see, so we should jail people who advocate throwing drug users in jail, not for the fact that they used drugs, but just because they said we should imprison drug users/dealers. And we should let people like Obama off the hook who advocate freeing drug users, even if they do drugs.

So by your standards, if two people commit the same crime (not that doing cocaine/pot is the same as being addicted to pain killers), one should go to jail and the other not simply based on their ideology.

I don't see how you can get anymore hypocritical than that.

Abbey Marie
04-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm willing to bet that when he was Governor, ol' horny Bill advocated for jail for drug users, even though we all know he was a user at one time himself.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm willing to bet that when he was Governor, ol' horny Bill advocated for jail for drug users, even though we all know he was a user at one time himself.

But Bill did not inhale Abbey

retiredman
04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I see, so we should jail people who advocate throwing drug users in jail, not for the fact that they used drugs, but just because they said we should imprison drug users/dealers. And we should let people like Obama off the hook who advocate freeing drug users, even if they do drugs.

So by your standards, if two people commit the same crime (not that doing cocaine/pot is the same as being addicted to pain killers), one should go to jail and the other not simply based on their ideology.

not at all. I am suggesting that people who advocate incarcerating drug users and dealers should willingly accept incarceration when they, themselves are caught by authorities committing that very crime. And, when, instead, they do everything in their power to AVOID that punishment - even to the point of utilizing the services of an organization that they had previously villified - that such actions are hilarious AND hypocritical. Do you disagree?

Abbey Marie
04-10-2008, 12:23 PM
But Bill did not inhale Abbey

:laugh2: Yup, and Rush swallowed those pills, but didn't let them get into his bloodstream.

glockmail
04-10-2008, 01:03 PM

You just pwned maineman with that post. His response was :lame2:.

theHawk
04-10-2008, 01:05 PM
not at all. I am suggesting that people who advocate incarcerating drug users and dealers should willingly accept incarceration when they, themselves are caught by authorities committing that very crime. And, when, instead, they do everything in their power to AVOID that punishment - even to the point of utilizing the services of an organization that they had previously villified - that such actions are hilarious AND hypocritical. Do you disagree?

I do disagree, because I doubt Rush ever advocated throwing people in jail for becoming addicted to prescription drugs. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the difference between prescription drugs and cocaine doesn't mean his actions are hypocritical.

Yurt
04-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I do disagree, because I doubt Rush ever advocated throwing people in jail for becoming addicted to prescription drugs. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the difference between prescription drugs and cocaine doesn't mean his actions are hypocritical.

thats key. the government recognizes the difference, but mfm apparently is too obtuse. further, the ACLU was not about defending his drug use mfm, more intellectual dishonesty, it was about privacy/medical records....

retiredman
04-10-2008, 02:50 PM

oxycontin is a schedule II drug just like meth.

And like I said... Rush may have started out taking oxy for pain, but when he starts buying it by the cigar box full in parking lots from his hispanic maid.... he's not using it for "pain" anymore...he's using it for the high... he's a junkie. and a hypocrite.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
thats key. the government recognizes the difference, but mfm apparently is too obtuse. further, the ACLU was not about defending his drug use mfm, more intellectual dishonesty, it was about privacy/medical records....

was the ACLU defending the actions and lifestyle of NAMBLA, by the way?

Yurt
04-10-2008, 03:28 PM
was the ACLU defending the actions and lifestyle of NAMBLA, by the way?

your point? i think rush used the aclu...more of a game than anything...he didn't need them

i don't recall he bought it as you suggest...my understanding was that he doctor shopped. got a link?

codeine is also a sched II, you can buy tylonel with cod in canada over the counter. just because it has the same level under the government does not at all mean what i said, that is the sentencing/punishment for the two are not the same. so your attempt at analogizing the situations are wholly inaccurate and misleading.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 03:54 PM
your point? i think rush used the aclu...more of a game than anything...he didn't need them

i don't recall he bought it as you suggest...my understanding was that he doctor shopped. got a link?

codeine is also a sched II, you can buy tylonel with cod in canada over the counter. just because it has the same level under the government does not at all mean what i said, that is the sentencing/punishment for the two are not the same. so your attempt at analogizing the situations are wholly inaccurate and misleading.

"as you can recall"?? I don't give a FUCK what you recall. Do your own research on Rush's legal problems with oxy... I am not your fucking clipping service. And If you want to say that Rush is not at all hypocritical for claiming that whites who abuse drugs ought to go up river and then not taking his medicine and going up there himself when he got caught abusing drugs, fine. I really could give a fuck about that either.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
"as you can recall"?? I don't give a FUCK what you recall. Do your own research on Rush's legal problems with oxy... I am not your fucking clipping service. And If you want to say that Rush is not at all hypocritical for claiming that whites who abuse drugs ought to go up river and then not taking his medicine and going up there himself when he got caught abusing drugs, fine. I really could give a fuck about that either.

MFM now is having his usual temper tanturm after being backed into another corner with facts

Why not give it up, crawl away, and lick your wounds?

Yurt
04-10-2008, 06:16 PM

:lame2: from the one who always demands links.... if you reread my post then yours, you will see that you completely lost your mind. i think you are dead wrong about where Rush got his drugs...you made the claim he got them from his maid in some parking lot....me countering that somehow makes you get all pissed....weird.

thanks as always for the reply...is this part of the things you promised to "show me" if i stick with you?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 07:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98871,00.html

Limbaugh, who quit his job as a football analyst for ESPN late Wednesday, had multiple sources from whom he could obtain the prescription drugs, namely OxyContin (search) and other painkillers, law enforcement sources said.
Reports in the New York Daily News and the National Enquirer alleged Limbaugh got the drugs from his housekeeper, Wilma Cline.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/national/main1561324.shtml

Prosecutors began investigating Limbaugh in 2003 after the National Enquirer reported his housekeeper's allegations that he had abused OxyContin and other painkillers. He soon took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program and acknowledged he had become addicted to pain medication. He blamed it on severe back pain.

Yurt
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98871,00.html

Limbaugh, who quit his job as a football analyst for ESPN late Wednesday, had multiple sources from whom he could obtain the prescription drugs, namely OxyContin (search) and other painkillers, law enforcement sources said.
Reports in the New York Daily News and the National Enquirer alleged Limbaugh got the drugs from his housekeeper, Wilma Cline.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/28/national/main1561324.shtml

Prosecutors began investigating Limbaugh in 2003 after the National Enquirer reported his housekeeper's allegations that he had abused OxyContin and other painkillers. He soon took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program and acknowledged he had become addicted to pain medication. He blamed it on severe back pain.

thats your proof? no evidence whatsoever, he was only ever charged with doctor shopping. and think about it...he gets the drugs from his housekeeper, but she is the one who reports him....:poke:

that is what caused you to burst a vein?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
thats your proof? no evidence whatsoever, he was only ever charged with doctor shopping. and think about it...he gets the drugs from his housekeeper, but she is the one who reports him....:poke:

that is what caused you to burst a vein?

I didn't "burst a vein". and I don't give a shit what he was "charged with". The guy was a oxy junkie and other oxy junkies go to jail just like Rush said they should... and he didn't...and he used the ACLU - who he has VILLIFIED as being unAmerican - to help HIM avoid jail. He is a fucking HYPOCRITE, and you are a koolaid soaked partisan for defending him. Or perhaps are you just, as I suspect, attacking anything I ever say just cuz it's me... you DO seem to follow me around arguing with me like some sick obsessed puppy. :pee:

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 09:09 PM
what are liberals proud of?

being gay :laugh2:

Yurt
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't "burst a vein". and I don't give a shit what he was "charged with". The guy was a oxy junkie and other oxy junkies go to jail just like Rush said they should... and he didn't...and he used the ACLU - who he has VILLIFIED as being unAmerican - to help HIM avoid jail. He is a fucking HYPOCRITE, and you are a koolaid soaked partisan for defending him. Or perhaps are you just, as I suspect, attacking anything I ever say just cuz it's me... you DO seem to follow me around arguing with me like some sick obsessed puppy. :pee:

you missed the point....you said:

when he starts buying it by the cigar box full in parking lots from his hispanic maid

and you have yet to offer any proof or allegations of such conduct. your alleged proof contradicted itself (internally) by having the maid being the ALLEGED source but the ACTUAL one who turned him in for abusing the drug..... that is nonsense and the fact you can't see your own bull is proof positive you are losing it.

you go around wailing and moaning when people make statements and can't back it up, but you just did here and you can't even see it. :poke:

then you tell me i am following you around....are you facking mad? i responded to hawk, you then responded to me. and who the fackling cares, its a board, you don't like me responding to you and debating, then stay off the board little man. man up and stop acting so childish.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
you missed the point....you said:

and you have yet to offer any proof or allegations of such conduct. your alleged proof contradicted itself (internally) by having the maid being the ALLEGED source but the ACTUAL one who turned him in for abusing the drug..... that is nonsense and the fact you can't see your own bull is proof positive you are losing it.

you go around wailing and moaning when people make statements and can't back it up, but you just did here and you can't even see it. :poke:

then you tell me i am following you around....are you facking mad? i responded to hawk, you then responded to me. and who the fackling cares, its a board, you don't like me responding to you and debating, then stay off the board little man. man up and stop acting so childish.

no...YOU missed the point. Rush Limbaugh said, in 1995: Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

and he got away with drug use and didn't go upriver. THAT is hypocrisy, and the fact that you would defend that fat fuck - the same fat fuck who denigrates our troops even though he used his sore ass to avoid service in Nam... just shows me what a disgusting partisan hack you really are.

Yurt
04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
no...YOU missed the point. Rush Limbaugh said, in 1995: Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

and he got away with drug use and didn't go upriver. THAT is hypocrisy, and the fact that you would defend that fat fuck - the same fat fuck who denigrates our troops even though he used his sore ass to avoid service in Nam... just shows me what a disgusting partisan hack you really are.

1. you're bursting another vein

2. you ignore that you failed to provide proof for a bullshit claim

3. i never defended him, ever

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:39 PM
1. you're bursting another vein

2. you ignore that you failed to provide proof for a bullshit claim

3. i never defended him, ever

I am not
is it bullshit that he was caught with large quanitities of oxycontin? Is it bullshit that he is an oxy junkie?
yes you have... you have tried to claim that oxy wasn't as bad as other drugs and he really didn't do anything all that bad and you have IGNORED the fact that he is a bloviating hypocrite. But I wouldn't expect you to say anything bad about anyone on the right...it would be a first from my vantage.

Yurt
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I am not
is it bullshit that he was caught with large quanitities of oxycontin? Is it bullshit that he is an oxy junkie?
yes you have... you have tried to claim that oxy wasn't as bad as other drugs and he really didn't do anything all that bad and you have IGNORED the fact that he is a bloviating hypocrite. But I wouldn't expect you to say anything bad about anyone on the right...it would be a first from my vantage.

so IOW, yurt was right...i never defended him... you expect others to admit they are wrong but will not do so yourself. wouldn't you say that is hypocritial?

everything i said about his drug was factual, not a defense as you wrongly suggest. i don't condone his drug use, neither does he. are you saying that meth is equal in terms of harm as oxy and codeine?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
so IOW, yurt was right...i never defended him... you expect others to admit they are wrong but will not do so yourself. wouldn't you say that is hypocritial?

everything i said about his drug was factual, not a defense as you wrongly suggest. i don't condone his drug use, neither does he. are you saying that meth is equal in terms of harm as oxy and codeine?

I am saying that Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrite. He said that white drug users should be sent upriver but, when he was caught as a white drug user, he fought like hell to avoid going upriver. And he used the services of the ACLU, which he had villified, in his efforts to avoid the jail time he had previously suggested was appropriate for his type of crime.

And I don't really give a shit what drug he chose to be a junkie with. he's a junkie. AND a hypocrite. Do you deny THAT?

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
im just gonna throw out a question, for anyone who wants to answer.

is getting addicted to a street drug, i.e. marijuana, crack, heroin just as morally wrong, as getting addicted to a prescribed pain killer such as vicodin, or oxycotin.

I was just wondering if you felt they were morally equivalent or one situation worse then the other.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:25 PM

is getting addicted to a street drug, i.e. marijuana, crack, heroin just as morally wrong, as getting addicted to a prescribed pain killer such as vicodin, or oxycotin.

I was just wondering if you felt they were morally equivalent or one situation worse then the other.

a junkie is a junkie in my mind...but I am sure the Rush apologists will have a different opinion.

Hobbit
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM

It's a fine hair to split, but I'm going to have to say no, and it has nothing to do with Limbaugh and everything to do with how the addiction starts. To get addicted to a substance that is 100% illegal, you have to first obtain it, and then try it for the sole purpose of getting high. To get started on painkillers only requires a prescription, usually following injury or surgery. Hell, I've taken addictive painkillers and I don't so much as drink. Given that the easiest way to not take the stuff in the first place, I'm gonna have to go with hard drug addiction being on the wronger side of prescription drug addiction, but just barely. The first time the prescription guy obtains his fix illegally, he's jumping right in the gutter with the pothead.

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Did rush get a pass?

I would have to say yes.

Rich and famous, unfortunently get a pass all the time, i believe he was caught with enough oxy to start a factory.

I would estimate if he were rush the inner city kid, or rush, the poor middle class kid, he would be in jail.

a junkie is a junkie in my mind...but I am sure the Rush apologists will have a different opinion.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:32 AM

and a liberal hack is a liberal hack. You toss out crap, can't back it up, and ignore all the evidence that proves you wrong

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Did rush get a pass?

I would have to say yes.

Rich and famous, unfortunently get a pass all the time, i believe he was caught with enough oxy to start a factory.

I would estimate if he were rush the inner city kid, or rush, the poor middle class kid, he would be in jail.

Rush did not get a pass. As I posted, the charges were DROPPED

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Rush did not get a pass. As I posted, the charges were DROPPED

only if he agreed to go to rehab. he got off easy. he didn't get sent upriver like he said should happen to white drug abusers. THAT is why he is a hypocrite.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:40 AM
only if he agreed to go to rehab. he got off easy. he didn't get sent upriver like he said should happen to white drug abusers. THAT is why he is a hypocrite.

and, as usual, you are leaving out what else Rush said. Repeat offenders and those who refuse treatment should gp to jail

But facts never get in the way of your mindless rants

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
and, as usual, you are leaving out what else Rush said. Repeat offenders and those who refuse treatment should gp to jail

:link:

oh wait...I forget...there IS no link.... the great RSR heard it which makes it fact!
:lol::lol:

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:50 AM

oh wait...I forget...there IS no link.... the great RSR heard it which makes it fact!

We are waiting for your link that Rush bought drugs in a parking lot

I know what Rush said, you got your "fact" from the little voice in your head

glockmail
04-11-2008, 09:52 AM
So if a Liberal pundit has abused drugs in the past you would berate him as well?

red states rule
04-11-2008, 10:14 AM
So if a Liberal pundit has abused drugs in the past you would berate him as well?

Are you kidding? He would be screaming for compasssion, understanding, and therapy be provided (at taxpayer expense of course)

He would be saying how all the problems of society (brought about be conservative principlas) drove the poor liberal to abuse drugs

Yurt
04-11-2008, 10:28 AM

where is your link for rush buying drugs by the cigarbox full in a parking lot from his hispanic maid? :poke:

oh wait...I forget...there IS no link.... the great MFM heard it which makes it fact

red states rule
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
where is your link for rush buying drugs by the cigarbox full in a parking lot from his hispanic maid? :poke:

Yurt, I do not know if there is a link to the little voices in his head.

Yurt
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Yurt, I do not know if there is a link to the little voices in his head.

could it be?

http://brainfag.com/journal/ape_madness1.png

red states rule
04-11-2008, 10:38 AM
could it be?

http://brainfag.com/journal/ape_madness1.png

Tried to rep you for this but I have to give it out to others

I owe you for that post Yurt

actsnoblemartin
04-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought first time offenders, got rehab?

Yurt
04-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I thought first time offenders, got rehab?

not always, and some drug possession/crimes afford the judge no discretion

retiredman
04-11-2008, 04:56 PM

if a liberal pundit had been a drug addict, I would gladly call him a junkie. Yes.

theHawk
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
if a liberal pundit had been a drug addict, I would gladly call him a junkie. Yes.

So then Obama is a junkie since he did pot and cocaine in high school?

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
We are waiting for your link that Rush bought drugs in a parking lot

I know what Rush said, you got your "fact" from the little voice in your head

I already provide the links where his housekeepter claimed to have sold him the box full of oxycontin.

Now when will we get the link to the Rush quote FROM 1995 where he said that white drug abusers who get caught should be convicted and sent upriver ONLY if they were repeat offenders and refused treatment?

I'll wait.

oh...but we know what you will do.... you will concentrate on disproving the maid story and thus avoid ever having to prove your own bullshit. Again...for the record, on 5 October 1995, Rush Limbaugh said: Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

now if you have a quote from that time period that says that "too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too - but only if they are repeat offenders and refuse treatment"

then you should produce that quote.

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:05 PM

doing pot and coke does not make someone an addict.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
(tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no you cant disguise
(you cant disguise, no you cant disguise)
Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/fleetwood+mac/little+lies_20054384.html

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
doing pot and coke does not make someone an addict.

Where are my hip boots? It is really getting deep now

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Where are my hip boots? It is really getting deep now

you think smoking pot makes someone a drug addict?

Rush Limbaugh was an oxycontin junkie. He was HOOKED on it and did what ever he could to get as much of it as he could lay his hands on....and he had previously said:

Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

but yet, he didn't plead guilty and go upriver. Why? Because he is a faltulent bloviating hypocritical gasbag.