PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Real World

gabosaurus
03-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Monday is the first day of my career. I start my full time life skill job as a counselor for at risk kids, grades 6-12.
My husband says he remembers equal feelings of being prepared and being scared shitless. I am beginning to relate.

Mr. P
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Monday is the first day of my career. I start my full time life skill job as a counselor for at risk kids, grades 6-12.
My husband says he remembers equal feelings of being prepared and being scared shitless. I am beginning to relate.

Ahhhh yes... the ultimate test.

You'll be fine if:

1. You accept the fact you don't know it all
2. You have no experience
3. You listen to those that do

Have fun.:)

Lizabeth
03-30-2008, 04:24 PM
God Bless you!!! I mean that (god) very generic. Hormones raging at that age the girls are impossible and the boys are even worse. Wouldn't be you for a million bucks. Good luck though!

gabosaurus
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
1. You accept the fact you don't know it all
2. You have no experience
3. You listen to those that do

I accept the fact that I know very, very little. I am anxious to begin learning. :)

Mr. P
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I accept the fact that I know very, very little. I am anxious to begin learning. :)

:thumb: My best to ya, kid. :cheers2:

gabosaurus
03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
One thing my grandfather told me once that has always stuck with me:

"Making a difference is more rewarding than making a million."

Mr. P
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
One thing my grandfather told me once that has always stuck with me:

"Making a difference is more rewarding than making a million."

Yeah, and I agree...but the older ya get the more you realize the "difference" is a million pays the bills. :poke:

krisy
04-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Best wishes to you gabo. You have some guts. My son is in 7th grade right now and the boys and girls can be obnoxious. It really doesn't seem like parents teach their kids manners or a "stick up for the picked on kid" anymore. My kids have been taught never to make fun of people.

I'm sure you'll make a difference if they feel they can relate to you.

04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Those poor, poor children.