PDA

View Full Version : Army Sgt. Keith “Matt” Maupin

Kathianne
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
It is with deep sadness that we report the remains of Army Sgt. Keith “Matt” Maupin have been recovered and identified.

The following was reported by Nishi Gupta of HOI 19 News –

“We have confirmed tonight that the remains of Army reservist Matt Maupin have been found.”

“A spokeswoman for Maupin's family says military representatives visited Matt's father, Keith, at the Yellow Ribbon Support Center in Cincinnati .”

“Keith Maupin was told DNA tests from remains and a shirt confirmed they were of Matt's, said the spokeswoman.”

“The family plans to issue a prepared statement and is asking for privacy in this matter.”

To the Maupin family we offer our heartfelt sympathy during this difficult time.

Dolores Alfond --- redacted
Lynn O’Shea ------ redacted

National Alliance of Families

For the Return of America’s Missing Servicemen

World War II – Korea – Cold War – Vietnam – Gulf Wars

gabosaurus
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Why is this newsworthy? Over 4,000 have died so far.

Yurt
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM

there are millions of at risk kids, why do you care about helping even just one?

5stringJeff
03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Are you really asking why it is newsworthy when a US servicemember dies? WTF?

Kathianne
03-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Are you really asking why it is newsworthy when a US servicemember dies? WTF?

I didn't think she was worth responding to. Every time I think she is maturing, damn. I hope she is more consistent in her 'job.' Well, until she goes onto maternity leave. :rolleyes:

Mr. P
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I didn't think she was worth responding to. Every time I think she is maturing, damn. I hope she is more consistent in her 'job.' Well, until she goes onto maternity leave. :rolleyes:

:cheers2:

Gaffer
03-30-2008, 09:52 PM

Because he's been missing for over three years. It's important news here, his family lives about 20 minutes from us. They at least have closer now.