PDA

View Full Version : Pastor preached what Obamas believe

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Pastor preached what Obamas believe

Posted: March 25, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

© 2008

"More Perfect Union" speech of March 18 was a transpicuous opprobrium intended to obfuscate, shift blame and cast all churchdom in the same light as his mentor and pastor. In reality, his speech provided us with a closer look into Obama the man, and suffice it to say, he came up woefully lacking.

In his speech, Obama called slavery America's original sin. I beg to differ on strict theological grounds (of which he and/or his mentor/pastor are welcome to debate me). America's original sin is the same as original sin has been from the beginning – it was and it continues to be man's disobedience to God. Obama, as a self-professed "devout Christian," should know this, but he chose instead to play the race card.

Posted: March 25, 2008
1:00 am Eastern

© 2008

Barack Obama's "More Perfect Union" speech of March 18 was a transpicuous opprobrium intended to obfuscate, shift blame and cast all churchdom in the same light as his mentor and pastor. In reality, his speech provided us with a closer look into Obama the man, and suffice it to say, he came up woefully lacking.

In his speech, Obama called slavery America's original sin. I beg to differ on strict theological grounds (of which he and/or his mentor/pastor are welcome to debate me). America's original sin is the same as original sin has been from the beginning – it was and it continues to be man's disobedience to God. Obama, as a self-professed "devout Christian," should know this, but he chose instead to play the race card.

He continued his remarks with a quasi-elegant, albeit factually incomplete and misleading treatise, pursuant to racial inequality, all of which was intended to set the stage for what was to come – a thinly veiled defense of his mentor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright – a gymnastic feat so adroit as to be the envy of the most nimble prevaricator.

(Column continues below)

To add insult to that injury, he conveniently omitted any reference to the fact that it was the party he represents that opposed every piece of civil rights legislation from the 1860s up to and including the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

He fanned the flames of racism in mentioning his being black. He left unmentioned that it was members of his own party that made his ethnicity an issue. And it was noted black journalists, not least of which is Stanley Crouch, of the New York Daily News, who argued that while he was black, he didn't share a heritage with the majority of black America. (See: "What Obama Isn't: Black Like Me"; New York Daily News; Nov. 2, 2006.)

But the part of his speech that I found most troubling was when he said, "Did I know [Rev. Wright] to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely – just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed."

The problem I have with his attempted fence straddling is his usage of the words "occasionally" and "that could be considered." When Jeremiah Wright said, "God damn America," and when he in effect said Natalie Holloway got what she deserved – I submit his words went beyond that which "could be considered controversial." When he alleged white America got its just comeuppance on 9/11, and when he attacked Israel as a racist state – I submit his verbiage went beyond that which "could be considered controversial." When he accused the United States of creating the AIDS virus and spreading it abroad, when he called America "these racist United States" and accused America of imperialism – all of which were delivered from the pulpit – I submit his words went beyond even the most liberal definition of "could be considered controversial."

Even more troubling than the fact that he and his family sat under Wright's contemptuous hate-mongering, is he expects us to believe that though Wright was his mentor, none of Wright's dogmas took root in himself or his family's being. Are we to believe that Wright mentored him with a different worldview?

Obama's undisguised attempt to cast all pastors in the same light as Wright is an insult to true Christians. There is a difference between being convicted by the Holy Spirit and passionately preaching the inerrant Word of God, and that which Obama casually gives attribution to, as being "something our pastor might say with which we disagree."

Obama and his wife have been very adept at secreting from public scrutiny the views they share with Wright, but as their carefully constructed veneer is removed, the would-be emperor and empress are exposed as sharing more in common with Wright than they do with the everyday citizens.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59771

Lizabeth
03-31-2008, 10:47 PM
I can't agree more with your statements. I have found this man to be troubling from the very beginning. Although I do not have much use for Hillary, I agree with her that if my pastor, deacon or priest spouted that type of hatred in a sermon on such a regular basis, I would have looked for another church.

Nope, don't trust him. But then again I might be that "typical white person" he likes to reference. Wonder how his grandmother liked that one? I would like to hear from her.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 11:40 PM
I can't agree more with your statements. I have found this man to be troubling from the very beginning. Although I do not have much use for Hillary, I agree with her that if my pastor, deacon or priest spouted that type of hatred in a sermon on such a regular basis, I would have looked for another church.

Nope, don't trust him. But then again I might be that "typical white person" he likes to reference. Wonder how his grandmother liked that one? I would like to hear from her.

yup, sure are :D

DragonStryk72
04-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Wait, wait, wait he chose to play the race card? Everyone played it ahead of him, shit, Pale played race ahead of Obama.

Also, isn't he muslim, Yurt? I seem to remember you going off on that one as well, so which is it? Hidden Muslim or Christian extremist?

Yurt
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Wait, wait, wait he chose to play the race card? Everyone played it ahead of him, shit, Pale played race ahead of Obama.

Also, isn't he muslim, Yurt? I seem to remember you going off on that one as well, so which is it? Hidden Muslim or Christian extremist?

get yer facts st8 :poke: he played the race card before i ever did. i don't care about his skin color, but when i found out about his racist church, i brought it up....then the media broke it...finally... and then he kept digging himself in a hole...typical white person...his speech was all about the race card.... you have a problem with the guy who wrote the article?

as to muslim, what has that to do with race? also, i never said i knew for sure, i merely pointed out muslim law regarding those born of a muslim man

DragonStryk72
04-01-2008, 11:13 AM
get yer facts st8 :poke: he played the race card before i ever did. i don't care about his skin color, but when i found out about his racist church, i brought it up....then the media broke it...finally... and then he kept digging himself in a hole...typical white person...his speech was all about the race card.... you have a problem with the guy who wrote the article?

as to muslim, what has that to do with race? also, i never said i knew for sure, i merely pointed out muslim law regarding those born of a muslim man

BS, Yurt, you posted multiple threads about his Muslim past, and now the pastor. Don't play the word game, own up to your crap on this one, you meant it as a way of saying that he was secretly muslim, as a manner of discrediting him. When that one fell flat, it then became that he has a preacher who says asshole things, because it isn't as though any other president has ever known any assholes in his life. I'm sure President Grant had no assholes who were also drinking buddies of his, I mean that would be just crazy. I'm certain bush doesn't know any rednecks back in Texas that have said something untoward about Mexicans in their lives.

Now you're merely up to the next warping to be put in, that "he' played the race card first, even though it was after absolutely everyone else went ahead and played it on him, when he finally, for 1, only 1, speech brought it up. He did not bring up his preacher, he did not bring up his church, other than to say he'd been a member of the same one for two decades, that was about it, back when jackasses kept trying to say he was a muslim.

Oh yes, it was in a predominantly black neighborhood, dear god. No opinion has changed in the entire line of thread posts about him, not one. Why bother, other than to troll?

Yurt
04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
BS, Yurt, you posted multiple threads about his Muslim past, and now the pastor. Don't play the word game, own up to your crap on this one, you meant it as a way of saying that he was secretly muslim, as a manner of discrediting him. When that one fell flat, it then became that he has a preacher who says asshole things, because it isn't as though any other president has ever known any assholes in his life. I'm sure President Grant had no assholes who were also drinking buddies of his, I mean that would be just crazy. I'm certain bush doesn't know any rednecks back in Texas that have said something untoward about Mexicans in their lives.

Now you're merely up to the next warping to be put in, that "he' played the race card first, even though it was after absolutely everyone else went ahead and played it on him, when he finally, for 1, only 1, speech brought it up. He did not bring up his preacher, he did not bring up his church, other than to say he'd been a member of the same one for two decades, that was about it, back when jackasses kept trying to say he was a muslim.

Oh yes, it was in a predominantly black neighborhood, dear god. No opinion has changed in the entire line of thread posts about him, not one. Why bother, other than to troll?

you have me confused with someone else, i have never posted a thread about his muslim past.

complain all you want about the race card, the fact remains, his church, and by -obama - extension his 20 year attendance and support of pastor wright, came prior to anything i ever said about him. i believe the chicago paper brought up a year ago, and as i pointed out once before, the NY times brought it up over a year ago, far before i ever said anything.

fact remains, no one really knows obama true beliefs...so, it is not unreasonable to theorize that he might continue to be muslim...as i told you before, i am not sure he is, i merely pointed out islamic law on the matter.

mundame
04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
fact remains, no one really knows obama true beliefs...so, it is not unreasonable to theorize that he might continue to be muslim...as i told you before, i am not sure he is, i merely pointed out islamic law on the matter.

I'd wonder about his pastor!! Who writes all these encomiums about how great Farrakhan is ----- and Farrakhan is of course a Black Muslim.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Obama believed his pastor. I know religion. you dont go to a church you dislike.

mundame
04-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Obama believed his pastor. I know religion. you dont go to a church you dislike.

Of course not.

Yurt
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
i think typical black people believe reverend wright, thank goodness there are intellegent black people like the author out there spreading the truth....

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I hadn't heard that Rev. Wrong implied that Natalee Holloway got what she deserved. Is that true!?

Yurt
04-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Reverend Wrights comments on Natalee Holloway

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

good video
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzgvqvNBEps&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzgvqvNBEps&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Reverend Wrights comments on Natalee Holloway

Thanks, I see what you mean.

Pale Rider
04-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Kindly explain what you're talking about...

krisy
04-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Gosh this guy makes me sick. :lame2:

When we were watching the news the other night,they had on even more footage of a black pastor spouting off in Wright's defense. At that point it occured to me that this particular group of blacks(Wright followers) do not want any racial unity. I told my husband that I have come to the conclusion that they feed off of their anger and seem to enjoy having something to be pissed about. Yes,I believe they actually enjoy this.After all,if no one were racist,what would they talk about to make them look holier than thou while their standing in front of their black audience in church? Jesus you say? Why in the world would a Christian church talk about Jesus?

I wish people could see how damaging this is for race relations. To sit and be called racist all the time. I think some white people start to believe that all balck people think like this,when I know they don't.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
He makes me sick as well

But the liebral media love, adore, and bow before Sen Obama. Their bias is getting out of hand

GMA: Raising Rev. Wright 'Close to Hitting Under the Belt'
By Mark Finkelstein | April 2, 2008 - 09:00 ET

ABC has served warning: use the Rev. Wright against Barack Obama at your peril. Be prepared to be accused of "raising the race issue" to hit "below the belt."

ABC's David Wright, a certified Obama fan/Hillary critic based on this past performance, issued his edict on today's Good Morning America.

Riffing off Hillary having compared herself to Rocky Balboa running all the way up those steps in the first movie, Wright first fairly pointed out the irony of the analogy: Rocky wound up losing the fight. Pushing the boxing metaphor, Wright then landed his haymaker:

DAVID WRIGHT: In its approach to superdelegates, the Clinton campaign may be close to hitting below the belt. Clinton's top delegate hunter Harold Ickes told an interviewer he's raising the race issue with superdelegates, arguing that Obama's controversial former pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, makes him unelectable.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/04/02/gma-raising-rev-wright-close-hitting-under-belt