PDA

View Full Version : Over 30 Illegals Arrested Working As Security Guards

Kathianne
04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Good morning Pale. :coffee: Seriously, this is whacked!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23871542

Police Arrest More Than 30 Illegal Immigrants Working As Security Guards

KXAS-TV
updated 6:54 a.m. CT, Mon., March. 31, 2008

DALLAS - More than 30 illegal immigrants who work as security guards face weapons charges, Dallas police said. Police teamed up with state and federal agents for the joint operation, which aimed to identify armed and unarmed security officers who were in the country illegally.

The people arrested face weapons charges, because it is illegal for non-citizens to carry or own guns.

The investigation targeted 26 Dallas-based businesses, most of which were nightclubs. ...

hjmick
04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, that explains where NM has been.

Little-Acorn
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
....because it is illegal for non-citizens to carry or own guns.

April Fools joke, right?

I've never heard of any gun law that discriminates based on citizenship. Though I guess I wouldn't put anything past some of our current legislators.

Kathianne
04-01-2008, 09:36 AM
April Fools joke, right?

I've never heard of any gun law that discriminates based on citizenship. Though I guess I wouldn't put anything past some of our current legislators.

If they were not concealed, you may be correct. TX does have a concealed carry registration-whether or not it allows for illegal non-residents to register?

In any case, if there was licensing of the guards....

DragonStryk72
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
If they were not concealed, you may be correct. TX does have a concealed carry registration-whether or not it allows for illegal non-residents to register?

In any case, if there was licensing of the guards....

And what of the businesses? These people hired them as security, and you can't tell me they didn't know, because you need a full background check before you can obtain a security license, along with conceal and carry. there is no way they could have pulled it without the employers help.

Kathianne
04-01-2008, 11:41 AM
And what of the businesses? These people hired them as security, and you can't tell me they didn't know, because you need a full background check before you can obtain a security license, along with conceal and carry. there is no way they could have pulled it without the employers help.

Hells bells, I've been arguing for over 4 years that the employers should be heavily fined for first offense, jail time after that.