PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Hillary concedes Dem nomination, endorses Obama

Little-Acorn
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Hillary Clinton Concedes Party Nomination, Endorses Barack Obama

Posted 04/01/2008, 09:35 EST

Washington DC (AP) - New York Senator Hillary Clinton conceded in a surprise announcement that she can no longer win the race for the Democratic nomination for President in 2008, and offered her support for her formal rival, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL).

"There comes a time when we all must face reality, and do what is best for our party and our country rather than concentrate on narrow personal goals," said Clinton to a somber gathering of her supporters. "I'm sure that Senator Obama will make a fine President, and I look forward to helping him to defeat John McCain in November and start putting our country back onto the track where it belongs."

In response to a question, Sen. Clinton continued, "Senator Obama and I, after all, share many common goals. We both intend to see this country prosper through a sensible system where everyone's needs are supplied, and no one is unduly burdened with the costs beyond what he or she is reasonably able to pay."

Senator Clinton declined to take further questions, and left the conference shortly afterward to confer with her financiers about accumulated debts from her campaign.

Copyright (c) 2008, AP (Acorn Press)

............................ April fools!

:laugh2:

JohnDoe
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
of course! lol

hjmick
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
LA, are you listening to Mark & Brian? Do they even broadcast in S.D.?

Little-Acorn
04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
LA, are you listening to Mark & Brian? Do they even broadcast in S.D.?

Sorry, not familiar with them.

But it's an obvious gag - the idea that Hillary would do anything outside her own narrow personal interest of grabbing ultimate power. I wouldn't be surprised if half the DJ's in America were doing a spoof like this today.

I'll send them all a bill. :D

hjmick
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
They're a pair of Los Angeles jocks, they are syndicated to quite a few stations in the western states and you can listen to them on the internet. The Hillary concedes joke was their 7am bit.

04-01-2008, 01:20 PM
seriously, you should try harder.