PDA

View Full Version : Waycross Plot.....to attack a teacher....

manu1959
04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
WAYCROSS, GA -- It's the type of news you don't expect to hear coming out of an elementary school. Nine third grade students suspended at Center Elementary in Waycross for an alleged plot to attack their teacher.

Police say no criminal charges will be brought forth against the students. The District Attorney is handling the case and students will most likely face juvenile charges of Unruly Child.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=106016

yikes.....what are these kids learning at home....

mundame
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
WAYCROSS, GA -- It's the type of news you don't expect to hear coming out of an elementary school. Nine third grade students suspended at Center Elementary in Waycross for an alleged plot to attack their teacher.

Police say no criminal charges will be brought forth against the students. The District Attorney is handling the case and students will most likely face juvenile charges of Unruly Child.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=106016

yikes.....what are these kids learning at home....

These were SPECIAL EDUCATION pupils. 11 out of 12 in the class participated; they all had planned roles.

Nine-year-olds. I would think they had better look into that teacher, for one thing. If she was a really nasty person, for instance, it's easier to understand.

manu1959
04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
These were SPECIAL EDUCATION pupils. 11 out of 12 in the class participated; they all had planned roles.

Nine-year-olds. I would think they had better look into that teacher, for one thing. If she was a really nasty person, for instance, it's easier to understand.

so nasty people deserve to be attacked.......

not too "special" if they can plan an reason an attack.....

got a link to the fact it was a special ed class....

this info would seem to indicate they dont have that...

http://schools.fizber.com/Georgia/Waycross/Center-Elementary-School.html

Abbey Marie
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
My SIL teaches special ed, and she says most of her kids are social/discipline problems more than traditional special ed students.

Also, grade level does not always indicate age. Are these kids true 3rd graders, or are they really oversized 5th graders left back a few times? I saw a story the other day about an 11 year old girl who was tasered by a school security officer for punching him/her and resisting all efforts to control her and calm down. Turns out the "11" year old was 5'6" and 160 lbs.!

mundame
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
so nasty people deserve to be attacked.......

I didn't say that. I said it would be easier to understand ------- this is a puzzling incident.

not too "special" if they can plan an reason an attack.....

got a link to the fact it was a special ed class....

Yes. http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/01/kids.plot.ap/index.html

"The purported target is a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with learning disabilities including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity, friends and parents said."

Kathianne
04-02-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm aware of one actual third grader that stabbed another child in the chest with a pencil. He tried to stab the teacher who grabbed the pencil. He killed fish in a koi pod in a neighboring pool, because he didn't like them 'starring at him'. The 3rd grade teacher documented for 2 months reported him to DCFS and referred him to public schools for evaluation.

During the parent interview it came to light that he was being left in the care of his 6th grade sister and 4th grade brother, the mom worked at night. Why? Because he'd tried to kill the infant of the babysitter and mom couldn't find any adult willing to watch the 3. He'd also killed 2 birds and 5 fish at home, but the mother kept buying new ones. :eek:

It took the public schools exactly 1 day to say "BD", refuse to put him in a regular public school-even exclusion BD. They paid to put him in residential center. It took DCFS about another month to put the other two in foster homes.

Last summer I found this child on my 7th grade roster, about 2 weeks before my dad died. I hadn't the energy to fight about it with the principal, she always thought what had happened was unfair and not just to the kid. It was the fault of the other students in the class, yes, seriously. I was at school 3 days before my dad died, the first day the kid was ok, I thought maybe it would work out. 2nd day he was belligerent about the summer reading project and changing for gym. Third day, he pushed another student, then was all apologetic.

Then my dad died, so I was gone for a week. Seems this kid was gone too, he'd punched a second grader in the chest for blocking him from getting a ball on the playground, then banged the 7 year old's head on the blacktop.

Our first grade class this year gives me the willies. Mind you, we are talking 6 year olds. 3 of them the principal had with me during silent lunch detention for a week. Seems they were talking of knocking down a female classmate, pulling off her panties and seeing her 'snatch.' (Their words, not mine.) One of these boys had already written a note to a 6th grade girl, lunch monitor, that they should have sex. Anyone see screams of child abuse here? I do, but I have no direct knowledge of these children or the incidents, so I can't report. (See why I get depressed now and again?)

My school has an administrative problem, I know it and do what I can to influence it for the better. But can young kids have major issues that transfer into abuse of others, certainly. If left unreported are they likely to occur, yes. Are these problems more likely to occur in schools with lower income/education status? Yes. But they do occur in every strata and there probably is less understanding and more tendency to cover up in more affluent areas.

jackass
04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/847832

As the father of a 3rd grader, I can even imagine that my daughter or son could ever be part of something like this.