PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Delivery Guy Packing...

hjmick
04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
...Heat.

That's right. And he shot a guy trying to rob him. Now, having delivered my fair share pizzas in my day, I can certainly identify with this guy. Free food and cash? Tempting target for some low lifes.

Iowa Senator to Stop Buying Pizza Hut if It Fires Delivery Man Who Shot Robber
Tuesday, April 01, 2008

An Iowa state senator has vowed to stop buying Pizza Hut products if the chain fires a Des Moines delivery man who shot a teen who tried to rob him last week.

Sen. Brad Zaun, R-Urbandale, told other lawmakers that he supports the delivery man, James William Spiers, according to a report in the Des Moines Register.

"I think what he did was the right thing," Zaun said Tuesday. "If I was in a situation to protect my family, protect myself, to continue being a father, I would’ve done the same thing."

The chain has suspended Spiers pending an investigation, the Register reports.

"We have policy against carrying weapons," Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas told the paper for a March 28 story. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."

Pistol Packing Pizza Guy... (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344608,00.html)

Oh, and just in case you don't click the link and read the complete story...

The 19 year old asswad who tried to rob him was hit three times and arrested on a charge of first-degree robbery.

DragonStryk72
04-02-2008, 12:07 AM
...Heat.

That's right. And he shot a guy trying to rob him. Now, having delivered my fair share pizzas in my day, I can certainly identify with this guy. Free food and cash? Tempting target for some low lifes.

Oh, and just in case you don't click the link and read the complete story...

The 19 year old asswad who tried to rob him was hit three times and arrested on a charge of first-degree robbery.

I can;t help it, there was that Dave chapelle piece where he was talking about doing pizza delivery, and I just get this flash in my head: "Dominoes, FREEZE!!!! Everybody down on the floor!!!"