PDA

View Full Version : Fred Sanford

jimnyc
01-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Anyone else used to watch this? Not sure if this was someone's signature or where I recently heard it, but I think my favorite quote of his is when he said to Aunt Esther "I could stick your face in dough and make gorilla cookies"!

That had to be one of the funniest men that ever lived!

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
He was funny but he was a stand up comic with really racy material for that time. He had a bunch of albums.

jimnyc
01-11-2007, 05:18 PM
He was funny but he was a stand up comic with really racy material for that time. He had a bunch of albums.

My Mom was just telling me this. She said his stand up material was kind of vulgar. Gonna have to look around the net and see if I can find some!

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
My Mom was just telling me this. She said his stand up material was kind of vulgar. Gonna have to look around the net and see if I can find some!

yeah it was. But would be mild by todays standards. I'm sure there is probably some mp3's out there somewhere.

OCA
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Anyone else used to watch this? Not sure if this was someone's signature or where I recently heard it, but I think my favorite quote of his is when he said to Aunt Esther "I could stick your face in dough and make gorilla cookies"!

That had to be one of the funniest men that ever lived!

Jimmy get off the couch and put the bong down!:laugh:

MtnBiker
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I heard some old clips on XM Radio the other day, yeah pretty raunchy stuff.

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah his stuff was raubchy and there were alot of questions about how he would carry over in tv. But since it was a recorded show and he had writers he did ok. I bet some of the out takes are great.

Said1
01-12-2007, 08:17 PM

I downloaded a pile of it from Limewire for my mother. 'You big dummy' :D

dan
01-12-2007, 09:02 PM
My friend has an old Redd Foxx tape that's hilarious, but, yes, very dirty. It's funny cuz it's so old, it's still got that old-timey rimshot after every punchline, even though the jokes are pretty dirty. My favorite joke: "Rich girls are like postage stamps, ya gotta lick it before ya stick it!" (ba-dum-bump)

The show's always great. I can remember being a really little kid, probably four or five years old, and watching that with my dad. One of my favorite quotes is when Esther and her husband (the drunk guy, can't remember his name) walk in: "Look at this, a wino and a rhino!":laugh: