PDA

View Full Version : Senior Taliban Commander Captured

red states rule
04-02-2008, 05:18 AM
More good news on the war on terror. And I thought we were being distracted from going after the Taliban because we are also in Iraq killing terrorists

Senior Taliban Commander Captured
Report: Mullah Mansoor Dadullah, Top Commander In Southern Afghanistan, Critically Injured

QUETTA, Pakistan, Feb. 11, 2008

CBS/AP) Pakistani security forces critically wounded a top figure in the Taliban militia fighting U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan, among six militants captured after a firefight near the border Monday, the army said.

Earlier, a senior military official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to journalists, said Mullah Mansoor Dadullah died of his wounds while being flown to a hospital with the other injured men.

Mullah Mansoor Dadullah, brother of the Taliban's slain military commander Mullah Dadullah, and the five others were challenged by security forces as they crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan's southwestern province of Baluchistan. They refused to stop and opened fire, said army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas.

"Security personnel returned fire. As a result all of them sustained injuries and all of them were captured," Abbas said. "Dadullah was arrested alive but he is critically wounded."

for the complete article

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/11/terror/main3814983.shtml

Psychoblues
05-19-2008, 12:54 AM
That means our troops can come home? Right? Why is right always wrong with you?

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I think the failues of the last 30+ years of the west pandering to islamic terrorists have and will ensure many setbacks before any real, but meaning and eventual victory will occur

Psychoblues
05-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Pandering? Think so? Care to share?

I think the failues of the last 30+ years of the west pandering to islamic terrorists have and will ensure many setbacks before any real, but meaning and eventual victory will occur

That's a right wing myth, martin. But, if anyone can counter that I suspect that you can. Do you have anything factual or are you only retaining the fictional?

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Lets take clinton, he didnt do enough to go after the u.s.s. cole purpertraitors, the two u.s. embassies that were bombed,

reagan left after our kids were bombed,

the u.s. as a whole has NOT taken terrorism seriously we were hit once

the u.s. had the fucking NERVE to say common jews you suffer daily attacks for years dont do anything back, but we get HIT ONCE, and were at TWO wars.

just a bit hypocritical dont you think?

That's a right wing myth, martin. But, if anyone can counter that I suspect that you can. Do you have anything factual or are you only retaining the fictional?

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Even pres bush, before 9/11 should have been going after the u.s.s. cole bombers

the president congress doing nothing to secure our borders

these things TIE together my friend

the u.s. needs oil, so for the past 40-100 years, we propped u.s. stupid dicks in the middle east, yeah, that was smart :poke:

and allowing them (especially the saudi's to have hate filled madrassas crop up, EVEN IN THE U.S.,

the u.s. hypocritical, no were perfect :laugh2:

are we evil no, stupid yes
:coffee:

Psychoblues
05-19-2008, 01:40 AM
why are you so obsessed with clinton? even gwb admits that when he took office american intelligence was not certain of the complicity of al queda or osama bin laden as to the cole incident. Bill Clinton did more than any president to take care of Americans. republicans, not to be confused with true Conservatives, cannot and will not accept that truth.

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 01:42 AM
How retarded can i be , i forgot to mention raegan and the first bush

Excuse me my dear friend, i dint mean to attack clinton, for the last 28 years atleast, I dont think we, the west not just america, not just democrats, have failed to recognize radical islam

why are you so obsessed with clinton? even gwb admits that when he took office american intelligence was not certain of the complicity of al queda or osama bin laden as to the cole incident. Bill Clinton did more than any president to take care of Americans. republicans, not to be confused with true Conservatives, cannot and will not accept that truth.

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 01:45 AM
He did not get bin laden, did not attack terrorist training camps in afghanistan, didnt go after the purpertraitors of the u.ss. cole and the two embassy bombing, he did great economical, but not on matters dealing with islamic terrorism around the world, in my judgment

is he the only president, before or since, to have issues to fail on HELL NO

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:10 AM

Still waving the white flag of surrender eh?

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't know....since this newsflash is dated in February, we may have celebrated this once already.....

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't know....since this newsflash is dated in February, we may have celebrated this once already.....

We may be celebrating, but the liberal media all but ignored it. After all, according to them, the US is losing the war

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
We may be celebrating, but the liberal media all but ignored it. After all, according to them, the US is losing the war

The U.S. IS losing the war.

This is the third or fourth time they've claimed they caught this guy, but wrong again ------------

I saw a news item shortly after that said the Iraqis had to back off this again; it was just someone with the same name.

They only have about 7 names all told, so it leads to confusion.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
The U.S. IS losing the war.

This is the third or fourth time they've claimed they caught this guy, but wrong again ------------

I saw a news item shortly after that said the Iraqis had to back off this again; it was just someone with the same name.

They only have about 7 names all told, so it leads to confusion.

The troops thank you for your continued support.

They think about people like you constantly - especially during target practice

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, yeah.

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM

obviously you are confusing this situation with another....the Iraqis would hardly have to back down, considering that it was the Pakistanis that captured him, in Afghanistan.....this guy is the brother of a man with a similar name who commanded the Taliban military and was killed last year.....he then took over command but was removed by the Taliban in January over some power dispute.....likely, he was turned into the Pakistanis because the Taliban didn't trust him to resign gracefully......

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
obviously you are confusing this situation with another....the Iraqis would hardly have to back down, considering that it was the Pakistanis that captured him, in Afghanistan.....this guy is the brother of a man with a similar name who commanded the Taliban military and was killed last year.....he then took over command but was removed by the Taliban in January over some power dispute.....likely, he was turned into the Pakistanis because the Taliban didn't trust him to resign gracefully......

Are we talking about Afghanistan? That I don't know about. The incident in Iraq was a capture of one of these "top leaders," ha-ha, by Iraqi soldiers in northern Iraq, but it was another mistake.

Gaffer
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
pelosi was in iraq Saturday, she said we are definitely succeeding there. Must have made her ill to admit that. So tell me again how we are losing?

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
pelosi was in iraq Saturday, she said we are definitely succeeding there. Must have made her ill to admit that. So tell me again how we are losing?

Fine, call it a victory and pull out the troops. That'll be what Pelosi's trying on.

I don't care HOW we get out, just that we get out.

The problem is that you guys say if we're losing we have to stay and die; and if we're winning we have to stay and die.

Why not do the reverse? Say that if we were losing we might have to pull out, but we're winning so we CAN pull out??

Whatever gets us out soonest works for me.

ranger
05-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Clinto was too busy taking care of his libido to worry about America.....

DragonStryk72
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM
One side says we're winning, the other side says we're losing, when honestly, it's still in the middle, with us still balanced somewhere between victory and defeat, because this is a completely different kind of war than those we have fought previously.

I have friends over there right now, and I've lost one or two already. My old ship, the USS Bataan has been over there a couple times now since it's an amphib carrier, and therefore, transports marines, seabees, as well as gear (both mil vehicles, along with construction equipment for use in the rebuilding). We're going to be there a long time, there is going to be alot more pain and loss.

We entered Iraq for the wrong reasons, and we did so without a plan for what to do afterword. We have a responsibility to put something better in place than that which we took away, not to be against terror, or to strike down dictators like Saddam, but because, when you take it onto your shoulders to do as we have done, it is your responsibility, as good people, to restore that which you have torn down.

We are going to be in Iraq a long time, just as we've been in Japan a long time (Given they're one of the biggest economic powers in the world, we mayhaps have now stayed too long, but anyhoo). We are going to be involved in hunting down Al Qaeda for a long time, because they are cowards who hide in holes, and put innocent women and children into harm's way on purpose, to use them as shields against those that have a conscience, those who would hestitate when faced with the prospect of killing the innocent.

I congratulate the guys who brought this one down in Afghanistan, although I do wish they'd gotten him alive, as he might have been able to tell us a great deal of information we didn't have before, but that can't be helped, and does not diminish the victory of that moment.

ranger
05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Fine, call it a victory and pull out the troops. That'll be what Pelosi's trying on.

I don't care HOW we get out, just that we get out.

The problem is that you guys say if we're losing we have to stay and die; and if we're winning we have to stay and die.

Why not do the reverse? Say that if we were losing we might have to pull out, but we're winning so we CAN pull out??

Whatever gets us out soonest works for me.

And if we run away and hide before the country is stable, we'll have to go back again in a few years and try again. If you shithead libs had let us take care of the job back in 1991 when we had 500,000 troops there, this would be a moot point. But once again, instead of doing the total war, we half assed it and now we are paying the piper for our shortsightedness.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
And if we run away and hide before the country is stable, we'll have to go back again in a few years and try again. If you shithead libs had let us take care of the job back in 1991 when we had 500,000 troops there, this would be a moot point. But once again, instead of doing the total war, we half assed it and now we are paying the piper for our shortsightedness.

Libs did the same thing in Viet Nam and millions died afterwards. Libs never learn from their previous mistakes, and will always find someone else to blame

ranger
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Libs did the same thing in Viet Nam and millions died afterwards. Libs never learn from their previous mistakes, and will always find someone else to blame

I noticed that. Must be something they teach them in college.