PDA

View Full Version : Pork increases in 2008

Classact
04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
New pork book out this morning... check out the cagw at the second article on this link. http://swineline.org/

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:09 AM
New pork book out this morning... check out the cagw at the second article on this link. http://swineline.org/

and then we are told to say we need to pay more in taxes to finance "vital" government services

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:17 AM
BTW, I could have sworn one of the campaign promises Dems made to get elected in 2006 was they would reduce the amount of pork

No wonder the Redi and pelosi Congress have approval ratings in the 20's

Classact
04-02-2008, 08:33 AM
BTW, I could have sworn one of the campaign promises Dems made to get elected in 2006 was they would reduce the amount of pork

No wonder the Redi and pelosi Congress have approval ratings in the 20'sThe representavive from Citizens against government waste on CSPAN said it is up by 40% in 08. The majority is Democratic Party pork but there is still a very large Republican Party pork slice. We need to fire all the Republicans and replace them with CONSERVATVE Republicans. Oh, and replace all the Democrats with CONSERVATIVE Republicans while we are at it.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
The representavive from Citizens against government waste on CSPAN said it is up by 40% in 08. The majority is Democratic Party pork but there is still a very large Republican Party pork slice. We need to fire all the Republicans and replace them with CONSERVATVE Republicans. Oh, and replace all the Democrats with CONSERVATIVE Republicans while we are at it.

I agree with you on that one

But I am "shocked" Dems did not keep their word to reduce the pork

Of course, they did not say what year they would reduce the pork

Classact
04-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I agree with you on that one

But I am "shocked" Dems did not keep their word to reduce the pork

Of course, they did not say what year they would reduce the porkMcCain says no signatures on bills with pork and Obama says "words matter" so there will be no more pork in the future.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:45 AM
McCain says no signatures on bills with pork and Obama says "words matter" so there will be no more pork in the future.

That is one plus for McCain.

Obama wants to INCREASE fedral spending by over $800 billion/yr

Yes words mean things - Obama is another tax and spend liberal who is very generous with our money

Classact
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
That is one plus for McCain.

Obama wants to INCREASE fedral spending by over $800 billion/yr

Yes words mean things - Obama is another tax and spend liberal who is very generous with our moneyYou're a little low on Obama's ambitions... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1985217/posts they voted on it and even Obama voted against his campaign promises.

red states rule
04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
You're a little low on Obama's ambitions... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1985217/posts they voted on it and even Obama voted against his campaign promises.

Like any other liberal, his positions are subject to change

Much like a Bill Clinton intern

red states rule
04-03-2008, 06:04 AM
When Repub;icans were putting ot the pork, the liberal media was all over it

Do you think the liberal media is all over the Dems pork spending?

Of course not

Only ABC Highlights Dem Gluttony on Pork Spending
By Scott Whitlock | April 2, 2008 - 17:00 ET

Of the three morning shows, only ABC's “Good Morning America” highlighted the implications of a new report on pork barrel spending by the group Citizens Against Government Waste [CAGW]. GMA was the sole network morning program to mention that Democrats broke their campaign promise to cut such pork projects in half. On Wednesday, NBC's “Today” show skipped the subject completely and although CBS's “Early Show” covered the report, correspondent Sharyl Attkisson ignored the $296 and $97 million, respectively, in pork spending that Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are responsible for.

GMA reporter Jake Tapper, while discussing the just released Pig Book, a CAGW compendium of wasteful government spending, announced, “Congress stuffed into the fiscal year 2008 spending bills 11,610 pork barrel projects, the second highest total ever.” Tapper alone highlighted this salient point about the differences between Clinton, Obama and Republican Senator John McCain: “Senator Hillary Clinton is the biggest porker of the three. 281 earmarks worth $296 million. Senator Obama is next. 53 earmarks worth $97 million. Senator John McCain has never requested an earmark.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2008/04/02/only-abc-highlights-dem-gluttony-pork-spending

5stringJeff
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Senator Hillary Clinton is the biggest porker of the three. 281 earmarks worth $296 million. Senator Obama is next. 53 earmarks worth $97 million. Senator John McCain has never requested an earmark.

This is a striking difference between the candidates. It's too bad that McCain is anti-freedom.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 12:42 PM
This is a striking difference between the candidates. It's too bad that McCain is anti-freedom.

This is one of the few things I can give McCain credit for