PDA

View Full Version : I Broke the Tenth Commandment Today

JohnDoe
04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Thou shall not covet.

Well, the other day Trinity was complaining about losing her dsl temporarily.

And I was complaining that I was only on dial up where I lived, they had no broadband cable or broadband dsl available and she should count her blessings....all I had was the ability to get Satelite service through Hughesnet and I had heard terrible reviews on the speed, in addition to the fact that they wanted you to buy the dish for $300 bucks, plus $60-$70 bucks for the monthly service... Just too much money, I could not justify it...the penny pincher that I am....

Then all these posters came up and said what they had and what speeds they had on their broadband and stuff like this that was just making my mouth water...

sooooo, I just couldn't stand it! I had to get SOMETHING faster than the snail I was using and I started researching it again....low and behold, Verizon Wireless had moved in to my area and they had a broadband service avail for my house....for $59 bucks a month and the pc usb modem card was free on special.............sooooooo, I DID IT.... ordered it yesterday, the modem arrived today...

Installed it a little bit ago and I am in heaven....even though I broke the tenth commandment and coveted what you all had.... :(

Just had to share my bliss.... :D

jd

04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
just dont covet my wife....

JohnDoe
04-02-2008, 05:17 PM

yes, it is the 9th commandment in catholicism, but the tenth everywhere else where both coveting sins are combined!

Noir
04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Its ok don't be worryin about it, they where prob written down by a druggy anyway, if you saw a high guy tellin you how to live your life nowadays would you listen?

Little-Acorn
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Its ok don't be worryin about it, they where prob written down by a druggy anyway, if you saw a high guy tellin you how to live your life nowadays would you listen?

No wonder this guy has -649 rep points with only 37 posts. :lame2:

Noir
04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I posted that in referance to this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Also i have so much neg rep because Pale docked me around 1000 rep becasue i said that gay people should be accepted in todays world, and should not be judged on the fact they are gay but judged by who they are...but as i said, if that makes me a bad man then so be it.

Edit- Sorry it seems the link no longer works, it was a artical on the theory that Moses was a drug taker, hence giving him the impression he was communicating and at one with god, it would also explain the bush on fire that never burnt (due to the time altering effect of some drugs) and the sticks turning to snakes (snakes being a common hallucination from drugs) justa theroy but you never know...

jackass
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Edit- Sorry it seems the link no longer works, it was a artical on the theory that Moses was a drug taker, hence giving him the impression he was communicating and at one with god, it would also explain the bush on fire that never burnt (due to the time altering effect of some drugs) and the sticks turning to snakes (snakes being a common hallucination from drugs) justa theroy but you never know...

Thats why they call it faith and not fact.

Dilloduck
04-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Thou shall not covet.

And I was complaining that I was only on dial up where I lived, they had no broadband cable or broadband dsl available and she should count her blessings....all I had was the ability to get Satelite service through Hughesnet and I had heard terrible reviews on the speed, in addition to the fact that they wanted you to buy the dish for $300 bucks, plus $60-$70 bucks for the monthly service... Just too much money, I could not justify it...the penny pincher that I am....

Then all these posters came up and said what they had and what speeds they had on their broadband and stuff like this that was just making my mouth water...

sooooo, I just couldn't stand it! I had to get SOMETHING faster than the snail I was using and I started researching it again....low and behold, Verizon Wireless had moved in to my area and they had a broadband service avail for my house....for $59 bucks a month and the pc usb modem card was free on special.............sooooooo, I DID IT.... ordered it yesterday, the modem arrived today...

Installed it a little bit ago and I am in heaven....even though I broke the tenth commandment and coveted what you all had.... :(

jd

Now you can go straight to hell----faster. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
04-02-2008, 09:38 PM

You need to find one first. :lmao:

Gaffer
04-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Thou shall not covet.

jd

That's great to hear JD. I know your skipping from site to site now and not hesitating to check things out when someone points you to something.

While Trinity was stuck with dial up for 9 days, I had no service at all. My computer is networked to hers with wireless. Doesn't work on dial up.

But glad to hear you finally have a DSL.