PDA

View Full Version : Review of Barack Obama's latest book "Dreams from my Father"

Little-Acorn
04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Apparently Barack Obama has written another book, called "Dreams from my Father". I hadn't heard about this one, but it was published in January 2007. Amazon.com has it at http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-My-Father-Story-Inheritance/dp/0307383415/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207179657&sr=8-1

I seldom read books by politicians, since I figure I can hear their positions on TV or radio any time, usually more than I want. But from what Coulter says, there may be stuff in this one that doesn't quite jive with the persona Obama presents during prime time. Even outside of Coulter's usual exaggeration to make a point, I'm curious to see if the actual quotes are accurate, what context etc.

Anybody read this one yet?

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25831

Obama's Dimestore 'Mein Kampf'

by Ann Coulter
Posted: 04/02/2008

If characters from "The Hills" were to emote about race, I imagine it would sound like B. Hussein Obama's autobiography, "Dreams From My Father."

Has anybody read this book? Inasmuch as the book reveals Obama to be a flabbergasting lunatic, I gather the answer is no. Obama is about to be our next president: You might want to take a peek. If only people had read "Mein Kampf" ...

Nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident. The last time I heard this much race-baiting invective I was ... in my usual front-row pew, as I am every Sunday morning, at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Obama tells a story about taking two white friends from the high school basketball team to a "black party." Despite their deep-seated, unconscious hatred of blacks, the friends readily accepted. At the party, they managed not to scream the N-word, but instead "made some small talk, took a couple of the girls out on the dance floor."

But with his racial hair-trigger, Obama sensed the whites were not comfortable because "they kept smiling a lot." And then, in an incident reminiscent of the darkest days of the Jim Crow South ... they asked to leave after spending only about an hour at the party! It was practically an etiquette lynching!

So either they hated black people with the hot, hot hate of a thousand suns, or they were athletes who had come to a party late, after a Saturday night basketball game.

In the car on the way home, one of the friends empathizes with Obama, saying: "You know, man, that really taught me something. I mean, I can see how it must be tough for you and Ray sometimes, at school parties ... being the only black guys and all."

And thus Obama felt the cruel lash of racism! He actually writes that his response to his friend's perfectly lovely remark was: "A part of me wanted to punch him right there."

Listen, I don't want anybody telling Obama about Bill Clinton's "I feel your pain" line.

Wanting to punch his white friend in the stomach was the introductory anecdote to a full-page psychotic rant about living by "the white man's rules." (One rule he missed was: "Never punch out your empathetic white friend after dragging him to a crappy all-black party.")

Obama's gaseous disquisition on the "white man's rules" leads to this charming crescendo: "Should you refuse this defeat and lash out at your captors, they would have a name for that, too, a name that could cage you just as good. Paranoid. Militant. Violent. Nigger."

For those of you in the "When is Obama gonna play the 'N-word' card?" pool, the winner is ... Page 85! Congratulations!

When his mother expresses concern about Obama's high school friend being busted for drugs, Obama says he patted his mother's hand and told her not to worry.

This, too, prompted Obama to share with his readers a life lesson on how to handle white people: "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

First of all, I note that this technique seems to be the basis of Obama's entire presidential campaign. But moreover -- he was talking about his own mother! As Obama says: "Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning." Say, do you think a white person who said that about blacks would be a leading presidential candidate?

The man is stark bonkersville.

He says the reason black people keep to themselves is that it's "easier than spending all your time mad or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you."

Here's a little inside scoop about white people: We're not thinking about you. Especially WASPs. We think everybody is inferior, and we are perfectly charming about it.

In college, Obama explains to a girl why he was reading Joseph Conrad's 1902 classic, "Heart of Darkness": "I read the book to help me understand just what it is that makes white people so afraid. Their demons. The way ideas get twisted around. I helps me understand how people learn to hate."

By contrast, Malcolm X's autobiography "spoke" to Obama. One line in particular "stayed with me," he says. "He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."

Forget Rev. Jeremiah Wright -- Wright is Booker T. Washington compared to this guy.

Sitarro
04-02-2008, 07:17 PM
She does put the lines in quotes, I doubt that she, as an attorney, would invite a very public lawsuit from the empty suit Obamessiah. I would believe her over any Democrat politician, hell, I would believe her over most of the whimp ass Republican politicians too.

retiredman
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
This is his FIRST book, written and first published in 1995. Audacity of Hope is his second.

Yurt
04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
This is his FIRST book, written and first published in 1995. Audacity of Hope is his second.

well, that proves it, his racist crap has been going on for a very long time and this is just more evidence he fully supports his racist pastor...oh well, when he becomes prez, maybe you and your like can finally have your white guilt assuaged and we can be done with it

retiredman
04-02-2008, 09:28 PM
well, that proves it, his racist crap has been going on for a very long time and this is just more evidence he fully supports his racist pastor...oh well, when he becomes prez, maybe you and your like can finally have your white guilt assuaged and we can be done with it

so...I take it you haven't read the book.

Yurt
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
so...I take it you haven't read the book.

no, you did not deny the quotes in the OP, so by your silence, i felt it was reasonable to assume the quotes were true....even without your silence, are you saying she lied? what exactly do you have a problem with in her review of the book?

retiredman
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
no, you did not deny the quotes in the OP, so by your silence, i felt it was reasonable to assume the quotes were true....even without your silence, are you saying she lied? what exactly do you have a problem with in her review of the book?

other than the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the book.... specifics are not required.

the fact that you would say something like, "well that proves it" without reading the book is revealing.

Yurt
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
other than the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the book.... specifics are not required.

the fact that you would say something like, "well that proves it" without reading the book is revealing.

not at all... do i have to read every post by you to know that one post you made is wrong? of course not. again, what is it you dispute about what ann said? obviously nothing, hence she is telling the truth, and it shows obama is a racist.

think about it....that book oprah promoted...later found out the guy made the crap up, are we not supposed to believe he made the stuff up because we did not read the book? nice try, lame dodge

retiredman
04-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Yours IS a lame dodge.

dissing this book on the basis of one review is like doing a book report based on the Classics Illustrated Comic version.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 08:25 AM

The excuses the libs are creating for Obama are lame at best

Even "journalists" are trying their "best" to defend Obama

Mika Thought This Would Help Obama on Rev. Wright Mess?
By Mark Finkelstein | April 3, 2008 - 07:23 ET

As excuses go, it was right up there with "but oshifer, I was too drunk to see that stop sign." That's the league in which I'd put the defense of Barack Obama over the Rev. Wright mess that Mika Brzezinski offered this morning.

Responding to Chris Matthews' question on yesterday's Hardball as to why he never left Rev. Wright's church, Obama claimed "I never heard [Rev. Wright] say those things that were in those clips." On today's Morning Joe, two of the three panelists weren't buying. The genial Willie Geist came down off the fence where he often resides to frame the issue.

WILLIE GEIST: The fact remains, a lot of people, and these are people we've all talked to, say "if I went into a church with my children, and the pastor said 'God damn America' and the rest of these things, you just wouldn't go back to that church." There are other places to go.

That's when Brzezinski began her bad Johnnie Cochran impression.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/04/03/mika-thought-would-help-obama-rev-wright-mess

retiredman
04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
have you read the book, RSR?

and if not, why do you feel compelled to comment on a thread concerning it?:lol:

red states rule
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
have you read the book, RSR?

and if not, why do you feel compelled to comment on a thread concerning it?:lol:

I was replying tio the racist Obama and his hate spreading pastor

retiredman
04-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I was replying tio the racist Obama and his hate spreading pastor

have you read the book?

have you read any books recently?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 08:56 AM
have you read the book?

have you read any books recently?

Ducking and dodging I see

I have seen the sermons, I have heard multiple stories from Obama, and I have heard the anti America comnets from Ms Obama

Seeing how they went to Wright foradvise - it fits together perfectly

retiredman
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Ducking and dodging I see

I have seen the sermons, I have heard multiple stories from Obama, and I have heard the anti America comnets from Ms Obama

Seeing how they went to Wright foradvise - it fits together perfectly

so.... here we are in a thread about Obama's book...and you are suggesting that when I ask you whether you have read the book that it is ME that is ducking and dodging????? :laugh2:

red states rule
04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
so.... here we are in a thread about Obama's book...and you are suggesting that when I ask you whether you have read the book that it is ME that is ducking and dodging????? :laugh2:

I was replying to Yurts commont on the racist pastor and Obama not leaving the church

I can't buy his lame story Obama never heard anything bad in 20 years

Yet Obama then changed his story

mundame
04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Coulter:

"He says the reason black people keep to themselves is that it's "easier than spending all your time mad or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you."

Here's a little inside scoop about white people: We're not thinking about you. Especially WASPs. We think everybody is inferior, and we are perfectly charming about it."

I love this ---- :laugh2:

red states rule
04-03-2008, 09:08 AM
I love this ---- :laugh2:

Questions Obama needs to answer, and reporters need to ask

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=13266

mundame
04-03-2008, 09:11 AM

We can probably trust Coulter to have quoted accurately.

Do you not think excerpts work for talking about a book, MFM ---- at least for talking about those excerpts?

People talk about book excerpts all the time, and analyze and criticize them. No?

Little-Acorn
04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
.... specifics are not required.

Translation: I can't refute any of the things Coulter has said, but since I still don't like her identifying Obama's flagrantly racist remarks, I will try to write something implying they're wrong, without actually saying anything people can challenge me on.

Back to the subject:
I'm getting interested enough in this one, that I may get the book. Libraries should have it if it's been around that long, though it may be understandably hard to find, given its popular and charismatic author.

Since no one seems able to refute what Coulter said (the usual circumstance despite leftist-fanatic screaming), I find that Obama may be a con artist of the first order. His smooth, worldy, urbane facade may be no more than a facade, while his real thought may mirror those of his nutcase pastor. Reading his book may lend more weight to this possibility.

Is this who we want to lead this country?

retiredman
04-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I was replying to Yurts commont on the racist pastor and Obama not leaving the church

I can't buy his lame story Obama never heard anything bad in 20 years

Yet Obama then changed his story

Obama NEVER said he had not heard anything bad in 20 years....he said he had not heard the sermons that were being played in the media....but I trust you to misquote him.

you ought to read the book. It will be good for you to understand the background of your next president.

I'd jump at the chance to read an autobiography of Dubya.... but, as we know, he hasn't written one.... he hasn't written ANYTHING since his MBA term papers, and I wouldn't be amazed if I found out he had purchased them from someone else!:laugh2:

retiredman
04-03-2008, 09:42 AM
We can probably trust Coulter to have quoted accurately.

Do you not think excerpts work for talking about a book, MFM ---- at least for talking about those excerpts?

People talk about book excerpts all the time, and analyze and criticize them. No?

taking little snippets out of context is never a really good way to really understand a book, wouldn't you agree?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Obama NEVER said he had not heard anything bad in 20 years....he said he had not heard the sermons that were being played in the media....but I trust you to misquote him.

you ought to read the book. It will be good for you to understand the background of your next president.

I'd jump at the chance to read an autobiography of Dubya.... but, as we know, he hasn't written one.... he hasn't written ANYTHING since his MBA term papers, and I wouldn't be amazed if I found out he had purchased them from someone else!:laugh2:

Yea, he was out church the Sunday after 9-11. He never watched the DVD's the Church sold

He never talked to anyone who heard the sermons and asked what he thought

He never heard his spirtual mentor say those things when he was with him in private

Yea MFM, keep defending the liberal racism and the hate whitey BS

retiredman
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Translation: I can't refute any of the things Coulter has said, but since I still don't like her identifying Obama's flagrantly racist remarks, I will try to write something implying they're wrong, without actually saying anything people can challenge me on.

Back to the subject:
I'm getting interested enough in this one, that I may get the book. Libraries should have it if it's been around that long, though it may be understandably hard to find, given its popular and charismatic author.

Since no one seems able to refute what Coulter said (the usual circumstance despite leftist-fanatic screaming), I find that Obama may be a con artist of the first order. His smooth, worldy, urbane facade may be no more than a facade, while his real thought may mirror those of his nutcase pastor. Reading his book may lend more weight to this possibility.

I think it is rather meaningless to "refute" little soundbites taken out of context from a larger work. Do yourself a favor. Read the book and then let's talk.

04-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Back to the subject:

Youll probably have to put it on hold. i can never find it in.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it is rather meaningless to "refute" little soundbites taken out of context from a larger work. Do yourself a favor. Read the book and then let's talk.

Oh now you are back to the taken out of context excuse

The video is right there, not spliced, not made up - but that means nothing to the defenders of black racism

04-03-2008, 09:45 AM

so what you are saying is she is accurately portraying the book so there is no point discussing it

retiredman
04-03-2008, 09:48 AM
so what you are saying is she is accurately portraying the book so there is no point discussing it

how did you get that from what I wrote? are you fucking mentally retarded?

what part of "out of context" did your pea sized brain not comprehend?

Little-Acorn
04-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Translation: Even though I have read the book, I am still unable to find anything wrong with Coulter's quotes or conclusions. Maybe if I imply they are somehow taken out of context, without backing it up with any facts or references, I can get a few fools to believe me without actually saying anything people can challenge me on.

retiredman
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Translation: Even though I have read the book, I am still unable to find anything wrong with Coulter's quotes or conclusions. Maybe if I imply they are somehow taken out of context, without backing it up with any facts or references, I can get a few fools to believe me without actually saying anything people can challenge me on.

no. I have read the book. I do not deny her quotes, but I am not about to go dig it up to "prove" to you that Coulter is taking them out of context when you haven't read the book yet. When you have read the book, let's talk. Until then, don't you think it is sort of silly to be lambasting a book you haven't even read yet based upon the "review" by one of the right's most norotious gadflies?

How, for example, am I to adaquately refute a statement such as "Nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident."?????

I have read the book and that is an outright lie. But I would need to post the content of nearly every page to effectively refute such a statement.

mundame
04-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Youll probably have to put it on hold. i can never find it in.

Cute. http://www.pagealumni.us/boards/style_emoticons/default/toothy9.gif

Little-Acorn
04-03-2008, 10:10 AM
no. I have read the book. I do not deny her quotes, but I am not about to go dig it up to "prove" to you that Coulter is taking them out of context when you haven't read the book yet.

That sound you just heard was personfrommaine running away at high speed with his tail tucked firmly between his hind legs. And running from people who haven't even read the book yet... because he apparently KNOWS Coulter gave it an accurate representation.

Curiouser and curiouser. I really have to get this book.

mundame
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
taking little snippets out of context is never a really good way to really understand a book, wouldn't you agree?

Sure, a whole book.....................

But here we are analyzing a focus on and presumption of racism that does sound pretty angry in the Coulter quotes. If they are accurate, and I would believe they are because I don't think Coulter can afford to get that wrong, I'd say we have an angry racist problem in Obama that does match with the angry racism of his preacher and the angry blaming speeches of Michelle, Obama's wife.

I don't think they are letting her speak to crowds anymore.....probably a good campaign move.

I'm saying the angry racism business looks accurate from the Coulter quotes. If so, that's a problem for white America if Obama becomes president, isn't it, MFM?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
That sound you just heard was personfrommaine running away at high speed with his tail tucked firmly between his hind legs. And running from people who haven't even read the book yet... because he apparently KNOWS Coulter gave it an accurate representation.

I guess he is suffering from the white guilt complex most libs have. How anyone can defend and spin such racist hate is amazing

If this was McCain's pastor MFM would be foaming at the mouth

retiredman
04-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Sure, a whole book.....................

But here we are analyzing a focus on and presumption of racism that does sound pretty angry in the Coulter quotes. If they are accurate, and I would believe they are because I don't think Coulter can afford to get that wrong, I'd say we have an angry racist problem in Obama that does match with the angry racism of his preacher and the angry blaming speeches of Michelle, Obama's wife.

I don't think they are letting her speak to crowds anymore.....probably a good campaign move.

I'm saying the angry racism business looks accurate from the Coulter quotes. If so, that's a problem for white America if Obama becomes president, isn't it, MFM?

I see no problems with an Obama presidency whatsoever.

mundame
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
If this was McCain's pastor MFM would be foaming at the mouth

If McCain had written a book with such quotes in it about blacks, would people be okay with that?

mundame
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I see no problems with an Obama presidency whatsoever.

Okay. If you don't, you don't. Sounds like the end of a conversation! http://macg.net/emoticons/grin2.gif

retiredman
04-03-2008, 10:16 AM

you do...and then, be sure and tell me if you found as Coulter apparently did, that "Nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident."

I will await your honest reply.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 10:17 AM
If McCain had written a book with such quotes in it about blacks, would people be okay with that?

Liberals look for any hint of racism (real or not) from the right

When it comes from their fellow liberals, they turn a deaf ear, and go into defnse mode

This blame whitey BS is not going to play for Obama

And his lame excuses on how he did not know about it is falling flat

But then again, I am another typical white person

Yurt
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Yours IS a lame dodge.

dissing this book on the basis of one review is like doing a book report based on the Classics Illustrated Comic version.

what part of : the quotes in the OP from his book prove he is racist do you not understand?

you also failed to answer my question regarding the book oprah approved...a few lies were found out and even though most did not read the book, a few quotes were proven false, thus his claims were false. you are again, being intellectually dishonest.

your logic is obtuse in the extreme....if obama wrote one sentence that claimed he dodged sniper fire at harvard for being black (untrue) are you REALLY saying that we have to read the whole book to call that sentence a lie?

:poke:

Little-Acorn
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM

It's a problem for ALL of America. Someone spewing racist hate and bigotry makes the problem worse for all involved, black and white... because it exacerbates that hate while not addressing the actual cause of it.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
no. I have read the book. I do not deny her quotes, but I am not about to go dig it up to "prove" to you that Coulter is taking them out of context when you haven't read the book yet. When you have read the book, let's talk. Until then, don't you think it is sort of silly to be lambasting a book you haven't even read yet based upon the "review" by one of the right's most norotious gadflies?

How, for example, am I to adaquately refute a statement such as "Nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident."?????

I have read the book and that is an outright lie. But I would need to post the content of nearly every page to effectively refute such a statement.

WTF? you haven't read the book and you can't refute it? LOL....

retiredman
04-03-2008, 10:23 AM
WTF? you haven't read the book and you can't refute it? LOL....

I have read the book and I can report that Ann's assertion that "nearly every page -- save the ones dedicated to cataloguing the mundane details of his life -- is bristling with anger at some imputed racist incident." is a LIE.

Why don't YOU read the book and then we'll talk about it?

retiredman
04-03-2008, 10:25 AM
what part of : the quotes in the OP from his book prove he is racist do you not understand?

you also failed to answer my question regarding the book oprah approved...a few lies were found out and even though most did not read the book, a few quotes were proven false, thus his claims were false. you are again, being intellectually dishonest.

your logic is obtuse in the extreme....if obama wrote one sentence that claimed he dodged sniper fire at harvard for being black (untrue) are you REALLY saying that we have to read the whole book to call that sentence a lie?

I did not answer your question about Oprah's book because I had not read it nor had I taken note of any of the supposed controversy about it.

Are you suggesting that Obama LIED in his book?

Yurt
04-03-2008, 10:27 AM

you missed this village idiot...do you deny the white guys going to the black party story? obama wanting to punch the white guys is false? his characterization of their smiles is false?

Hobbit
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
You know, if I claimed to have read the book and said that Ann Coulter was spot on, I would logically carry the same weight as MFM, as he has yet to offer any evidence that he has read said book. Doing so would be easy. If he enjoyed it half as much as he claims, he could probably remember, if not specific quotes, a general context in which those things were said in order to paint a similar picture to the picture he claims the book paints. Instead, what we have is the logical fallacy of exclusion, or the argument that a person's comments are invalid due to a lack of facts which, for some reason, cannot simply be imparted to him by the one making the accusation. In other words, MFM, you can't claim none of us know what we're talking about because we lack some key bit of context that you have, then claim that you cannot produce that context and that we must find it ourselves before our arguments are considered valid, especially since you have yet to offer anything other than your word that you posses said knowledge to begin with.

So far, all direct quotes I have seen from the book that are not biographically verifiable facts point to a deep-seeded racism that worries me, and until I see something to countermand that, that is what I will continue to believe.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
you missed this village idiot...do you deny the white guys going to the black party story? obama wanting to punch the white guys is false? his characterization of their smiles is false?

To MFM, it is impossible for black libs to be racists. To him only white Republicans are racists

retiredman
04-03-2008, 12:17 PM
To MFM, it is impossible for black libs to be racists. To him only white Republicans are racists

I wonder why you think you know enough about my beliefs to continually tell the board what it is that you think I think? I think racism comes in all shapes sizes and colors.... I just do not happen to believe that Barack Obama is a racist. There certainly are blacks who are. Farrakhan comes to mind.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I wonder why you think you know enough about my beliefs to continually tell the board what it is that you think I think?

Your rabid defense of liberal racism

retiredman
04-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Your rabid defense of liberal racism

I have never offerred ANY defense of liberal racism let along a rabid one.

So.... try to answer my question: how do you think you know me well enough to be continually reporting to the board what I think?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I have never offerred ANY defense of liberal racism let along a rabid one.

So.... try to answer my question: how do you think you know me well enough to be continually reporting to the board what I think?

You have defended both Mr and Mrs Obama and their racist BS

Offered excuses for Rev Wright

Case closed

retiredman
04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
You have defended both Mr and Mrs Obama and their racist BS

Offered excuses for Rev Wright

Case closed

I do not think that neither of the Obama's are liberal racists.

I think that there is a difference between being a theologist in the black liberation tradition, and being a racist...

Your opinion are not facts. Your MIND may indeed be closed, but any "case" you claim you have against me certainly isn't.

Hobbit
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I do not think that neither of the Obama's are liberal racists.

I think that there is a difference between being a theologist in the black liberation tradition, and being a racist...

Your opinion are not facts. Your MIND may indeed be closed, but any "case" you claim you have against me certainly isn't.

I think your mind's so open your brain fell out. Not racist? If that's not racist, I don't want to know what is, and I still have not seen even a peep as to what context Obama's quotes are legitimized in.

retiredman
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I still have not seen even a peep as to what context Obama's quotes are legitimized in.

how could you if you didn't read the book to understand the context?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Nobody needs to read a book to understand racist comments

Both the Obama's are a couple of black racists

Period

retiredman
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Nobody needs to read a book to understand racist comments

Both the Obama's are a couple of black racists

Period

I disagree.

period.

mundame
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Could people define racist for the purposes of this discussion?

Because I have the impression that everyone is using a different definition.

So what does "racist" mean? Forget the dictionary one.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I disagree.

period.

You are a liberal hack who would never find anything wrong with your boy

retiredman
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
You are a liberal hack who would never find anything wrong with your boy

my "boy"?

nothing racist about old RSR!:lol:

red states rule
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
my "boy"?

nothing racist about old RSR!:lol:

I knew you would jump on that

Boy is racist to you

But when Michelle Obama calls her classmates white oppressors - that is not racist to you

Or Obama calling Grandma a typical white person - that is not racist to you

More double standards from MFM

retiredman
04-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I knew you would jump on that

Boy is racist to you

But when Michelle Obama calls her classmates white oppressors - that is not racist to you

Or Obama calling Grandma a typical white person - that is not racist to you

More double standards from MFM

if you knew I would notice your racism, why did you display it?

and what gives you the idea that, given that, you are in any position to judge anyone else?

red states rule
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM

and what gives you the idea that, given that, you are in any position to judge anyone else?

It is not a racist comment.

But I knew since you are a liberal hack, always on the watch for anything to bitch about, you would take the bait

Hobbit
04-03-2008, 02:48 PM

I've got enough reading in front of me. I'm serious, just give me a general overview of the context it was said in. Take up a whole page if you need to. If you don't want to clog up the boards, send it to me via PM, because I am genuinely curious to know in what context it is alright to call your grandmother a 'typical white person,' and then talk about her in that apparently condescending tone. I'd love to hear it, and don't give me any crap about how you must read the ENTIRE book word for word to grasp that context. Even elementary students can wrap up a 200 page book into a 3 page book report and get the full gist across. Here's an example:

Upon first hearing it, it would be offensive to find out that in 'Huckleberry Finn,' Huck refers to the main black character as a 'nigger' throughout the book, especially if you didn't know the setting. However, all you have to do is explain the context in that it was prior to the War Between the States, slavery was still practiced, and Huck had never heard the guy referred to as anything but 'Nigger Jim' since he could talk. Add onto that that Mark Twain wanted to make the work accurate to its time, and the context excuses the apparent racist nature of the statements.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 03:15 PM

because he pwnd you by showing you your hypocricy :laugh2:

retiredman
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
because he pwnd you by showing you your hypocricy :laugh2:

funny...I don't feel pwnd and I don't think I displayed any hypocrisy.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=manfrommaine;226205] and I don't think QUOTE]

Could not have said it better myself

You did what I wanted you to do, and proved my point for me

Yurt
04-03-2008, 04:01 PM
funny...I don't feel pwnd and I don't think I displayed any hypocrisy.

you're still in shock, you'll feel it soon

red states rule
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM

I set him up perfectly

Like shooting fish in a barrel

retiredman
04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I set him up perfectly

Like shooting fish in a barrel

did you use one of those rifles that Iran gave to Al Qaeda? :laugh2:

retiredman
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM

the only thing I EVER feel for RSR is disdain.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM

Why? Because you are humilated and exposed as a hypocrite on a daily basis?

Yurt
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM

you must be over the shock, you're feeling something...

red states rule
04-04-2008, 03:51 AM
you must be over the shock, you're feeling something...

What might that be?

Defeat, embarrassment, humilition?

All three perhaps?