PDA

View Full Version : Oh Shit

Sitarro
02-26-2007, 04:03 AM
It could be on......

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/830309.html

Report: 3 Gulf states agree to IAF overflights en route to Iran

By Yoav Stern and Yossi Melman, Haaretz Correspondents

Three Arab states in the Persian Gulf would be willing to allow the Israel Air force to enter their airspace in order to reach Iran in case of an attack on its nuclear facilities, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyasa reported on Sunday.

According to the report, a diplomat from one of the gulf states visiting Washington on Saturday said the three states, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates, have told the United States that they would not object to Israel using their airspace, despite their fear of an Iranian response.

Al-Siyasa further reported that NATO leaders are urging Turkey to open its airspace for an Attack on Iran as well and to also open its airports and borders in case of a ground attack.

According to a British diplomat who spoke to an Al-Siyasa correspondent, Turkey will not repeat the mistake it made in 2003, when it refused to open its airspace to U.S. Air Force overflights en route to attacking Iraq.

CSM
02-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds like plans are in the works.

trobinett
02-26-2007, 07:11 AM
No one wants to go to war, that's for sure, well, maybe the deranged, but our military sure doesn't, and neither do I. However, the time for talking is coming to an end.

We've made concession after concession to these ass-wipes, and they are doing everything in their power to ONE, disrupt the middle east, and TWO, make the west look like paper tigers.

IF it comes to war, I think we've got a winning combination in place.

I am however praying for a peaceful resolution.

glockmail
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
**buys more Boeing stock** :cheers2:

02-26-2007, 09:29 AM
I think it would be dumb to ignore Iran. They are declaring desires for genocide. Maybe they are just bluffing, but I think its better to be safe than sorry. If it does come to war... well let's just hope we dont reach that point.

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
OK, look at the map. These three countries are not in the direct flight path between Israel and Iran. The only way these countries would be involved is if Israeli fighters took off/landed from American carriers in the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea.

If Jordan and Iraq gave such permission, look out...

Gaffer
02-26-2007, 11:03 AM
The Israelis are already discussing overflight of iraq and likely are talking to Jordan as well. I would rather see it started and get it over with than sit around and wait for something that is definately coming. iran is the head of the snake and taking it down will be a major strike against all the terror groups.

manu1959
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
**buys more Boeing stock** :cheers2:

shouldn't you be buying...halliburton, general dynamics, northrup...etc...:poke:

glockmail
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I think we should just be the supply guys from our airbase in IRAQ for an Israeli attack. :laugh2:

glockmail
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
shouldn't you be buying...halliburton, general dynamics, northrup...etc...:poke:Thanks for the stock tip!

Mr. P
02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I don’t think these 3 states are saying ‘we’ll let you enter our airspace’ as much as they’re saying, ‘we’re a-scared, get er done, now’.

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
I don’t think these 3 states are saying ‘we’ll let you enter our airspace’ as much as they’re saying, ‘we’re a-scared, get er done, now’.

Sounds about right...

Gaffer
02-26-2007, 04:16 PM

Damn right they're scared, iran will be coming for them after it secures iraq and saudi arabia. And they are in range of the missiles iran has. iran just tested a new suborbital missile which gives them a 3000 mile reach. But its only for peaceful purposes.