PDA

View Full Version : Dems vow political crossover crackdown

stephanie
04-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Font Size: Default font size Larger font size BY BILL DOLAN
bdolan@nwitimes.com
219.662.5328 | Thursday, April 03, 2008 | 33 comment(s)

CROWN POINT | Indiana's Democratic chairman said his party is ready to challenge the votes of any lifelong Republicans who attempt to vote as Democrats in the May 6 primary.

Indiana Democratic Party Chairman Dan Parker said he is concerned Republicans may try to cast crossover votes to skew results in the close presidential primary between U.S. Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"I'm only talking about crossover with mischievous intent," Parker said of his party's plans to challenge suspicious voters. "If there is a coordinated effort by Republicans to affect the outcome of our primary, that would be something the party would try through the challenge process to keep those voters out."

Lake County GOP Chairman John Curley said he finds that appalling.

"I haven't run into too many Republicans interested in a Democratic race, but you can't stop someone from voting a 'D' or an 'R,'" Curley said. "This is America."

Lake County Elections Supervisor Michelle Fajman said challenges to voters can be made by party officials armed with voting records for the past 10 years.

The challenge process would work like this:

read the rest and comments..
http://nwi.com/articles/2008/04/03/news/top_news/doc7b559e29960e5db68625741f007d6dbd.txt

red states rule
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Seems the Dems are worried about Operation Chaos

As Rush just said, the Dems are going to use Votestopo to prevent people from voting

Classact
04-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Font Size: Default font size Larger font size BY BILL DOLAN
bdolan@nwitimes.com
219.662.5328 | Thursday, April 03, 2008 | 33 comment(s)

CROWN POINT | Indiana's Democratic chairman said his party is ready to challenge the votes of any lifelong Republicans who attempt to vote as Democrats in the May 6 primary.

Indiana Democratic Party Chairman Dan Parker said he is concerned Republicans may try to cast crossover votes to skew results in the close presidential primary between U.S. Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"I'm only talking about crossover with mischievous intent," Parker said of his party's plans to challenge suspicious voters. "If there is a coordinated effort by Republicans to affect the outcome of our primary, that would be something the party would try through the challenge process to keep those voters out."

Lake County GOP Chairman John Curley said he finds that appalling.

"I haven't run into too many Republicans interested in a Democratic race, but you can't stop someone from voting a 'D' or an 'R,'" Curley said. "This is America."

Lake County Elections Supervisor Michelle Fajman said challenges to voters can be made by party officials armed with voting records for the past 10 years.

The challenge process would work like this:

read the rest and comments..
http://nwi.com/articles/2008/04/03/news/top_news/doc7b559e29960e5db68625741f007d6dbd.txtI would think that they could be suppressing the vote and be subject to federal law.

red states rule
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I would think that they could be suppressing the vote and be subject to federal law.

If you are waiting for the ACLU to jump in - please do not hold your breath. Remember, they are trying to stop REPUBLICANS from voting.

Immanuel
04-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I would think that they could be suppressing the vote and be subject to federal law.

I don't think it matters to a politician as long as it is the oppositions votes that are being suppressed.

Immie