PDA

View Full Version : Court OKs student Strip Search for Ibuprofen

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 05:23 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2007/09/court_oks_strip_searches_for_i.php

The 9th Circuit Appeals Court has ruled in favor of a school that forced a 13 year old girl to expose herself to school officials because they suspected that she had...advil.

04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
The liberal courts strike again. And you liberals wonder why we want to beat back your ideas so much.

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
This ain't a liberal idea, the ACLU are the ones fighting for this girl. Remember you cons think the ACLU is evil and all that.

Anyway, this is a crazy rulling and if any facist school official wanted to strip search me for advil I'd tell them where to stuff it and call my parents to come get me.

04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
This ain't a liberal idea, the ACLU are the ones fighting for this girl. Remember you cons think the ACLU is evil and all that.

Anyway, this is a crazy rulling and if any facist school official wanted to strip search me for advil I'd tell them where to stuff it and call my parents to come get me.

its the 9th Circuit court of appeals. the most liberal court in the nation. Its a liberal idea. And the very fact that you recognize it as fascist demonstrates that its liberal.

5stringJeff
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
The fact that the court ruled in favor of the government institution (the school) and against the individual points to this being a liberal idea (in the modern, statist meaning of the word liberal).

DragonStryk72
04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
this is such ass all the way around. What, they were afraid she was gonna cure a headache without the school nurse not giving her anything for it? The rules in schools have gotten plain ridiculous, and have taken away from the whole purpose of education: to teach and to learn.

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Well you do get as much time in school suspension/central for tylonal as you do for weed, atleast at my school.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 08:43 PM
its the 9th Circuit court of appeals. the most liberal court in the nation. Its a liberal idea. And the very fact that you recognize it as fascist demonstrates that its liberal.

not only most liberal, but most overturned app court in the nation :cool:

Yurt
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Well you do get as much time in school suspension/central for tylonal as you do for weed, atleast at my school.

man things have changed, when i went to school they gave us weed for our headaches... are you serious, you do time for pain relievers?

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Not time as in with the law but you do get kicked out of school for just as long for tylonal as for pot as for any other "drug" besides ciggeretes. No tolerance policy, a lot of schools have them.

04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Not time as in with the law but you do get kicked out of school for just as long for tylonal as for pot as for any other "drug" besides ciggeretes. No tolerance policy, a lot of schools have them.

You don't even really have to have any drugs. you just have to have a bag that might have touched drugs and retained trace amounts of it.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM

i know ;) but when i was in HS we considered it "time" what is the reasoning behind equating pain relievers, legal and overthecounter and you don't have to be 18 to purchase, with weed?

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I have no clue, no tolerance isn't exactly based on reason. They say that tylonal in that tylonal bottle with tylonal right on the pill could be some other "drug" of course it doesn't really matter if it is or not, your still kicked out for several weeks then 6 months in central (bad kids school).

04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I have no clue, no tolerance isn't exactly based on reason. They say that tylonal in that tylonal bottle with tylonal right on the pill could be some other "drug" of course it doesn't really matter if it is or not, your still kicked out for several weeks then 6 months in central (bad kids school).

well why dont the teachers/nurse check to see that its actually tylonel if there is an issue with tylonel? is it really that difficult to open the bottle? i mean yeah there are child proof lids but come on.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 09:18 PM

i would challenge that, class action baby....

j/k.... but i would challenge it, that, IMO, is an unpermissible violation of the 4th Am, nothwithstanding that school kids have less of an expectation of privacy.

the policy is a pain in the ass, denial of pain relievers in this situation is a violation of the 8th amendment...LOL

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
well why dont the teachers/nurse check to see that its actually tylonel if there is an issue with tylonel? is it really that difficult to open the bottle? i mean yeah there are child proof lids but come on.
Well your still not allowed to have them. Over the counter pain pills are not allowed to be carried on or taken by students idependently. Now you can have your parent turn in some to the nurse with a doc note approving it and she can give it to you and keep it for three days before throwing it out and the process having to be repeated. I don't understand it but it's the "rule"

LiberalNation
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
i would challenge that, class action baby....

j/k.... but i would challenge it, that, IMO, is an unpermissible violation of the 4th Am, nothwithstanding that school kids have less of an expectation of privacy.

the policy is a pain in the ass, denial of pain relievers in this situation is a violation of the 8th amendment...LOL

It is a pain in the ass anyway, I always carry a few tylonal or midol in my pocket when I"m on my period at school. Get really bad cramps and normally a headache the first three days. If I get caught I'm in big trouble but a lot of girls do it and if your carefull you wont get caught. They don't normally go thru your pockets or purse.

Yurt
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
It is a pain in the ass anyway, I always carry a few tylonal or midol in my pocket when I"m on my period at school. Get really bad cramps and normally a headache the first three days. If I get caught I'm in big trouble but a lot of girls do it and if your carefull you wont get caught. They don't normally go thru your pockets or purse.

edit........pm