PDA

View Full Version : Civil war

02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Just a random question, if politics got so bad in this nation that people on either side of the isle felt as though the Constitution was being violated, which state do you think will be the first rebel against the government?

Gaffer
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't think it would be a state or group of states as much as citizens arming themselves and threatening the government. starting with marches and escalating to riots and eventually to organized militia's. The real question wuill be who will form the militia's. Libs or conservatives.

Mr. P
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Just a random question, if politics got so bad in this nation that people on either side of the isle felt as though the Constitution was being violated, which state do you think will be the first rebel against the government?

The one most affected.

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Liberals don't want to rebel against the authoirty of the state, so I'm guessing that the right would be the first to rebel. However, I doubt it would come to that unless they saw no other recourse within the workings of the Constitution.

Not to mention, liberals hate guns, so any such rebellion would be short and sweet!

02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Liberals don't want to rebel against the authoirty of the state, so I'm guessing that the right would be the first to rebel. However, I doubt it would come to that unless they saw no other recourse within the workings of the Constitution.

Not to mention, liberals hate guns, so any such rebellion would be short and sweet!

I tend to agree. My guess it would probably be a southern state. my reasoning:

1)They have a history of rebellion
2)very passionate people (I think passion is good thing btw)
3)More likely to respond strongly if liberals tried to push something on them that they didnt like.
4)a general belief that they still have the power to secede. I dont think the Civil war ended that belief to alot of southerners.

Question is would the libs fight back to keep them. I think they would.. Why? Because large parts of the southern population is african American. They cant lose that voting block. not to mention, if it came to it i have no doubt there are alot of liberals who would think killing conservative rebellers would be good.

Of course, I can also see liberal rebelling. They are anti guns and weapons, but thats usually for others and not themselves. They want to be the ones with the force. I also think the underlying marxist idealogy underlying their own in a way demands revolution at some point in time.

I think it could go either way. i just tend to think its likely a southern state that would consider it first.

Gaffer
02-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Liberals have shown repeatedly how nasty they can be when they don't get their way. And they are communist oriented. So i believe they could start a rebelion themselves if totally defeated in congress and the presidency again.

If its a state or more rebeling it would be strongly conservative states with southern states foremost. If a conservative state suseeds, I'm moving there.

-Cp
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Because large parts of the southern population is african American.

Really? How many black people have you met who are actually from Africa? The ONLY "African American" I know of is a White guy from South Africa and now a U.S. Citizen...

LORD - I wish folks would stop using such political corectness BS like that phrase...

That'd be like me going around saying "I'm European-American".............

trobinett
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
And you'd me most welcome Gaffer.

The South SHALL rise again, and this time we will be victorious!!

Pale Rider
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd LLOOOOOOVVVE to see a conservative, liberal civil war. Let's get it going. I have high priority targets already picked out. :boom2:

And while we're at it, we can kick the illegals asses back to mexico. Go back to mexico or die.

Am I harsh? You bet your mother fuckin' ass I am, and proud of it.

Hobbit
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I hope it doesn't come to this, but if the politicians continue to undermine the Constitution at the expense of personal freedoms, I would gladly march with a citizen's army to take the capital and restore freedom. I think Georgia would be likely to lead the charge, too. We take personal freedom very seriously down here.

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Actually, if I had to name a state, I'd say it woudl be South Carolina. They almost seceded in 1832, and were the first to leave in 1860. In fact, I remember a newspaper article a few years ago where an SC politican said something to the effect of, 'We're not a part of the US by choice, so we'll do whatever we can to maintain our sovereignity.' It ain't over by a long shot down there.

02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Actually, if I had to name a state, I'd say it woudl be South Carolina. They almost seceded in 1832, and were the first to leave in 1860. In fact, I remember a newspaper article a few years ago where an SC politican said something to the effect of, 'We're not a part of the US by choice, so we'll do whatever we can to maintain our sovereignity.' It ain't over by a long shot down there.

I figured that too.

glockmail
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM

South Carolina.

Gaffer
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
South Carolina has set the precidence before so its quite probable. And they would get a big infux of population at the same time.

Merlin
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I tend to agree. My guess it would probably be a southern state. my reasoning:

4)a general belief that they still have the power to secede. I dont think the Civil war ended that belief to alot of southerners.

avatar, I'm not trying to a smart alec, but I guess I am ignorant of this subject, but when did we give up our States Right to secede from the Union? I must have missed something all these years. I could have sworn we still had that right. Thanks.

Merlin
02-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Really? How many black people have you met who are actually from Africa? The ONLY "African American" I know of is a White guy from South Africa and now a U.S. Citizen...

LORD - I wish folks would stop using such political corectness BS like that phrase...

Same here. My friend is a Negro and if you call him an African American you may as well get ready for a fuss. He will let you know in a hurry he isn't an African and never has been there. His words, "I AM AN AMERICAN, PERIOD".

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
avatar, I'm not trying to a smart alec, but I guess I am ignorant of this subject, but when did we give up our States Right to secede from the Union? I must have missed something all these years. I could have sworn we still had that right. Thanks.

Supposedly, it was when the Union won the War Between the States.

trobinett
02-26-2007, 04:58 PM
This PC bull shit has gone on about long enough.

My father was, he's gone on the the happy hunting grounds now, a native of this great land, a Cherokee to be exact, but I'M AN AMERICAN!

Don't call ME a Native American, thank you.

Merlin
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Supposedly, it was when the Union won the War Between the States.

Wow, live and learn. I sure didn't know that. I guess all my reps think I'm crazy because I've been griping about this for years to anyone that would listen to let's seceed. They have come up with all kinds of excuses not to, but none has told me we couldn't. Oh well, so much for that idea.

02-26-2007, 05:39 PM

Civil war

glockmail
02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Wow, live and learn. I sure didn't know that. I guess all my reps think I'm crazy because I've been griping about this for years to anyone that would listen to let's seceed. They have come up with all kinds of excuses not to, but none has told me we couldn't. Oh well, so much for that idea.

I think the Red States should seceed from the Blue ones.

Mr. P
02-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I may just go to Puerto Rico, y’all just keep sending money, ya hear. :cheers2:

5stringJeff
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
If it came down to it, here's how I think the states would split:

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/thumbs/0znjowy2mztimmjzgmfy.gif (http://www.imagehostingsite.com/gallery.php?entry=images/0znjowy2mztimmjzgmfy.gif)
(click for bigger picture)

Blue states: states that would remain the United States.

Red states: states that would split off and form a separate country.

Green states: those that could go either way.

Hawaii: all on its own - if the US split, they'd claim independence.

glockmail
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
If it came down to it, here's how I think the states would split:

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/thumbs/0znjowy2mztimmjzgmfy.gif (http://www.imagehostingsite.com/gallery.php?entry=images/0znjowy2mztimmjzgmfy.gif)
(click for bigger picture)

Blue states: states that would remain the United States.

Red states: states that would split off and form a separate country.

Green states: those that could go either way.

Hawaii: all on its own - if the US split, they'd claim independence. I think Tx, AZ, NM and southern CO would go to Mexico. Otherwise you're right on.

Norse_soul
02-27-2007, 08:13 PM

No shit. I've never heard of the country AFRICA-AMERICA! Come talk to me when you call yourself an american. Or Move to AFRICA!

-Cp
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
I think Tx, AZ, NM and southern CO would go to Mexico. Otherwise you're right on.

I thought they already were part of Mexico? :P

5stringJeff
02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Tx, AZ, NM and southern CO would go to Mexico. Otherwise you're right on.

No way in hell would Texans agree to go back to Mexico. Parts of NM and AZ, maybe.

glockmail
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
No way in hell would Texans agree to go back to Mexico. Parts of NM and AZ, maybe.

They best start making Amercian babies then:

http://www.census.gov/mso/www/rsf/hisorig/sld010.htm

Hobbit
02-28-2007, 11:35 PM
They best start making Amercian babies then:

http://www.census.gov/mso/www/rsf/hisorig/sld010.htm

Illegals can't vote to secede, and I don't think Texans would take very kindly to them trying...

If Texas secedes from the Union, I forsee many Mexicans getting the boot.

manu1959
02-28-2007, 11:37 PM

wich part of europe?:poke:

glockmail
03-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Illegals can't vote to secede, and I don't think Texans would take very kindly to them trying...

If Texas secedes from the Union, I forsee many Mexicans getting the boot.

Amnesty, plus high rates of Mexicans giving birth in the US. Give it another 20 years and Texans are a minority in their own State.