PDA

View Full Version : Boring lawsuit

Yurt
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Pa. couple says Google 'Street View' pictures violated privacy

04-04) 16:01 PDT Pittsburgh (AP) --

A western Pennsylvania couple sued Google Inc., saying pictures of their home that appear on the Web site's "Street View" feature violated their privacy, devalued their property and caused them mental suffering.

Aaron and Christine Boring bought the home in Franklin Park, a Pittsburgh suburb, in October 2006 for a "considerable sum of money," according to their 10-page lawsuit filed Wednesday in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.

"A major component of their purchase decision was a desire for privacy," the lawsuit said.

The suit targets the Mountain View, Calif., company over images on its Web site, which allows users to find street-level photos by clicking on a map. To gather the photos, Google uses vehicles with mounted digital cameras to take pictures up and down the streets of major metropolitan areas.

The Borings say the images of their home on the Google site had to be taken from their long driveway, labeled "Private Road," and that violated their privacy.

"There's no merit to this action," Google spokesman Larry Yu said. "It is unfortunate litigation was chosen to address the concern because we have visible tools, such as a YouTube video, to help people learn about imagery removal and an easy-to-use process to facilitate image removal."

"Isn't litigation the only way to change a big business' conduct with the public?" Moskal said. "What happened to their accountability?"

interesting (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/04/04/financial/f131545D52.DTL)

its amazing what people use the legal system for...there is no way they will win

Mr. P
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Boring lawsuit? How about frivolous? Another good example...IMO

Gaffer
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Can we say frivolous lawsuit. This is a prime example of one.

Yurt
04-05-2008, 01:38 PM
their last name is "boring"....was tryign to be funny... the lawsuit should be tossed

Mr. P
04-05-2008, 01:41 PM
their last name is "boring"....was tryign to be funny... the lawsuit should be tossed

:laugh2: I guess I should have read all of the post.

Can I sue because I didn't know? Kinda like signing a contract I didn't read? :laugh2: TM will defend my lame excuse!

DragonStryk72
04-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I always thought that judges should be allowed to slap Plaintiffs who bring things like this

jimnyc
04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I always thought that judges should be allowed to slap Plaintiffs who bring things like this

Couldn't agree more. They should have the case tossed, pay Google's attorney fees and hit with a steep fine for a frivolous lawsuit. Do that every time one of these idiots are looking for the "lawsuit lottery" and in a few years time you will see the dockets in the courts seriously reduced.

DragonStryk72
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Couldn't agree more. They should have the case tossed, pay Google's attorney fees and hit with a steep fine for a frivolous lawsuit. Do that every time one of these idiots are looking for the "lawsuit lottery" and in a few years time you will see the dockets in the courts seriously reduced.

I don't think they even realize that, due to court costs, they're just paying for their own tax hike down the road.

Classact
04-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Woman sues Victoria Secret because her bra was too hard to open. Now I think they should install a quick release button in the front in support of this woman. Read more here http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200804030200/NEWS01/804030305