PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 'Strike Force'?

Kathianne
04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Hmmmm,

http://www.nysun.com/politics/obama-adviser-calls-troops-stay-iraq-through-2010

Obama Adviser Calls for Troops To Stay in Iraq Through 2010
By ELI LAKE, STAFF REPORTER OF THE SUN | April 4, 2008

WASHINGTON — A key adviser to Senator Obama’s campaign is recommending in a confidential paper that America keep between 60,000 and 80,000 troops in Iraq as of late 2010, a plan at odds with the public pledge of the Illinois senator to withdraw combat forces from Iraq within 16 months of taking office.

The paper, obtained by The New York Sun, was written by Colin Kahl for the center-left Center for a New American Security. In “Stay on Success: A Policy of Conditional Engagement,” Mr. Kahl writes that through negotiations with the Iraqi government “the U.S. should aim to transition to a sustainable over-watch posture (of perhaps 60,000–80,000 forces) by the end of 2010 (although the specific timelines should be the byproduct of negotiations and conditions on the ground).”

Mr. Kahl is the day-to-day coordinator of the Obama campaign’s working group on Iraq. A shorter and less detailed version of this paper appeared on the center’s Web site as a policy brief...

DragonStryk72
04-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, the reccommendation isn't goin anywhere now. Obama would eat it big time since it's now made it into the media that is apparently so biased in his favor.

red states rule
04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, the reccommendation isn't goin anywhere now. Obama would eat it big time since it's now made it into the media that is apparently so biased in his favor.

Why are you surprised the ems tell you one thing to get elected and then do another?

Both have said troops will be in Iraq for years, then they say how they will put them out ASAP

You can;t kepp up with all the lies both of them are uttering

DragonStryk72
04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Why are you surprised the ems tell you one thing to get elected and then do another?

Both have said troops will be in Iraq for years, then they say how they will put them out ASAP

You can;t kepp up with all the lies both of them are uttering

McCain's no better. This is the worst election possibilities I've seen in my life, it really is.

red states rule
04-05-2008, 04:05 PM
McCain's no better. This is the worst election possibilities I've seen in my life, it really is.

Mccain is not for surrender and appessement and the Dems are

One of his few good points