PDA

View Full Version : bob barr is may run as a libertarian

actsnoblemartin
04-05-2008, 09:43 PM
would you vote for him?

bob barr was a former republican and the first to call for impeachment against clinton.

04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
okay, who is he and why should i care?

actsnoblemartin
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Barr

http://www.bobbarr.org/

5stringJeff
04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
I'd consider him. He's getting a late start, though.

Hobbit
04-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I would. Living in Georgia and all, I'm somewhat familiar with his politics, and he's a sensible guy who likes small government, but doesn't take the isolationist foreign policy stance that has crippled the Libertarian Party. Also, he's a pretty stand up guy.

mundame
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I would. Living in Georgia and all, I'm somewhat familiar with his politics, and he's a sensible guy who likes small government, but doesn't take the isolationist foreign policy stance that has crippled the Libertarian Party. Also, he's a pretty stand up guy.

Thank you, Hobbit. That's it, then, I can vote in 2008. Bob Barr for President!

That is, if my least unpreferred candidate, Hillary, doesn't make it further.

glockmail
04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Although I've met him, like him and agree with him almost completely I wouldn't vote for him because he has no chance of winning and will pull votes from the GOP candidate.

82Marine89
04-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Although I've met him, like him and agree with him almost completely I wouldn't vote for him because he has no chance of winning and will pull votes from the GOP candidate.

So folks that vote for him are wasting their vote? :poke:

5stringJeff
04-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Great!!! The GOP candidate sucks and the GOP is anti-freedom anyway!

OCA
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
would you vote for him?

bob barr was a former republican and the first to call for impeachment against clinton.

Well is he running or MAY he run? I don't understand your fucked English.

glockmail
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
So folks that vote for him are wasting their vote? :poke:

Yes!

Great!!! The GOP candidate sucks and the GOP is anti-freedom anyway!

And either Democrat is....?

OCA
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes!

A wake up call is needed to be sent to the Repubs to move back towards the center right from the left center where they currently reside. I have no problem with throwing this election in order to send that message.

glockmail
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
A wake up call is needed to be sent to the Repubs to move back towards the center right from the left center where they currently reside. I have no problem with throwing this election in order to send that message. By letting a Democrat win, wouldn't the message be to turn farther left?

OCA
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
By letting a Democrat win, wouldn't the message be to turn farther left?

Only if the current crop of Repubs are a bunch of dumbfucks. If your conservative base stays home or votes 3rd party wouldn't that tell ya you better move back to the right?

glockmail
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Only if the current crop of Repubs are a bunch of dumbfucks. If your conservative base stays home or votes 3rd party wouldn't that tell ya you better move back to the right? Most of them are dumber than dirt, and will believe the MSM reports that the libertarians defected from the GOP, so therefore they should move further left to pick up some moderate Democrats.

Meanwhile Hillary or B. Hussein will raise taxes and create more entitlements, just like FDR did. And just like after FDR, those entitlement programs won't go away, even when they are obvious failures.

I'd say if you want to support a 3rd party candidate, then give money to Nader to try and siphon off votes from the Democrats.

OCA
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Most of them are dumber than dirt, and will believe the MSM reports that the libertarians defected from the GOP, so therefore they should move further left to pick up some moderate Democrats.

Meanwhile Hillary or B. Hussein will raise taxes and create more entitlements, just like FDR did. And just like after FDR, those entitlement programs won't go away, even when they are obvious failures.

I'd say if you want to support a 3rd party candidate, then give money to Nader to try and siphon off votes from the Democrats.

We survived Bubba and we shall survive Hillary or Osama. Fuck Republicans, no more voting for them just because the alternative is worse, either they espouse and govern conservatively or they will lose election after election, their choice.

5stringJeff
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
We survived Bubba and we shall survive Hillary or Osama. Fuck Republicans, no more voting for them just because the alternative is worse, either they espouse and govern conservatively or they will lose election after election, their choice.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Voting for McCain and the GOP is voting to have your freedom of speech taken away.

5stringJeff
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM

Also anti-freedom. I'm not voting for one anti-freedom candidate in order to ensure another anti-freedom candidate gets into office.

glockmail
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Bubba Clinton was smart enogh to listen to Uncle Greenspan on the ecoomy. Hillary is dumb enough to think her ideas will actually work. B. Hussein has the same policies as Hillary.

At least with McCain he promised to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, and won't pull our troops out of Iraq until they are done with their mission. So I'll hold my nose and vote for him.

If I waited around for the perect candidate then I would rarely vote.

Come to think of it life in general is like that. Rarely do you have a no-brainer, easy decision. You have to make the best choice and deal with the consequences.