PDA

View Full Version : California's Problems Continue: California Prisons Rocked by Problems

Pale Rider
04-06-2008, 01:50 AM
California Prisons Rocked by Problems

2008-04-05 06:02:19
By DON THOMPSON Associated Press Writer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A stabbing attack this week on four guards at one overcrowded state prison and a racially sparked brawl at another mark the type of violence that guards, inmates' attorneys and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger have been worried about for years.

The violence comes at a critical juncture for the nation's largest state prison system.

Later this year, a panel of federal judges will consider whether the crowding has become so severe that the state must cap the inmate population or release some prisoners early.

At the same time, lawmakers are considering a Schwarzenegger proposal to save money for the deficit-ridden state by releasing more than 20,000 inmates before their sentences end.

"For the last two years, we've said something worse than this was inevitable," said Chuck Alexander, executive vice president of the California Correctional Peace Officers Association, referring to this week's prison unrest. "It's just a matter of where and when it's going to hit. In our view, it's a precursor of what's to come."

Ariticle continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14529845&feedid=7&storyid=14529845&feedid=7)

04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
i think the problem with the prisoner system is its full of criminals:)

Yurt
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM

you know they are all innocent...

04-06-2008, 12:48 PM
you know they are all innocent...

i know. if they were actually guilty they wouldn't be killing each other:)

Yurt
04-06-2008, 12:51 PM
i know. if they were actually guilty they wouldn't be killing each other:)

thats true.

Pale Rider
04-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Calilfornia ought to send all the illegal aliens they've got locked up in their prisons back to where they came from. That would more than likely end their problem.

trobinett
04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Prisons, are the LEAST of California's problems.

I don't have the answers, but appeasement sure isn't the answer.

Pale Rider
04-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Prisons, are the LEAST of California's problems.

I don't have the answers, but appeasement sure isn't the answer.

I don't know what the hell ever happened to California... but it's FULL of every kind of freak, geek, weirdo, wacko, nut case and faggot the world can produce. Shame too... one the prettiest states in America, and the fruit cakes have to ruin it.