View Full Version : Daily Kos Attacking Charlton Heston on His Passing

red states rule
04-06-2008, 06:13 AM
How typical of the moonbat left to attack someone who jsut passed away

I have never seen another group of people so consumed whith hate and rage

OPEN THREAD - Charlton Heston has died
by doriangz
Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:05:37 PM PDT
OK OK I will post a link as soon as I see one (UPDATE: http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/...
but I see on CBS News that great actor and gun-nut Charlton Heston has passed away.
And I can't resist breaking a scoop on Daily Kos so here is an open thread !

Let's use this thread to also discuss actors one likes until one finds out what kind of political nutdouchebaggery they are advocating.

Time to remove the gun from his hand (n/t) (61+ / 3-)

Hillary Clinton turned me into a newt. I got better.

by Trix on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:06:54 PM PDT

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (6+ / 0-)
Recommended by:Trix, jazzmaniac, Bob Love, citizenx, Samwoman, Stripe
So mean, but sooooo damn funny...

by Aqualad08 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:08:21 PM PDT

Oh, screw him... (8+ / 0-)
Recommended by:Trix, JaciCee, justalittlebitcrazy, cjallen, Heterodoxie, rainmanjr, palantir, Lava20
...10 bucks says it's the first thing out of Leno's mouth Monday night...

Freedom of speech is a bitch, Bill O...how many people in this country are dead because of the organization Mr. Heston championed all these years?

by Aqualad08 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:20:33 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

Thanks for pointing out the good things (11+ / 0-)

I didn't know that. Good for him

by doriangz on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:25:49 PM PDT

Bet you a bazillion $$$'s (1+ / 0-)
Recommended by:Trix
there's a gun in that coffin somewhere when they plant him in the ground.
Loaded, too!
The gun, I mean...

Si Se Puede Cambiar - Andres Useche

by WSComn on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:44:16 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

That was my first thought too. (2+ / 0-)
Recommended by:Trix, mlandman
But is that a gun in his hand or did he just die happy?

-5.12, -6.56 Libertad sindical!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/4/6/037/51171/249/490972

red states rule
04-06-2008, 06:28 AM
I just goes to show you that the hate, rage and inhumanitity of the left is endless.

R.I.P. Charlton Heston.

gabosaurus
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I take care to separate Charlton Heston the legendary film actor with Charlton Heston the insane gun nut.

Yurt
04-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I take care to separate Charlton Heston the legendary film actor with Charlton Heston the insane gun nut.

:lol: so "they" are two seperate persons?

stephanie
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
:lol: so "they" are two separate persons?

evidently..:poke:

Yurt
04-06-2008, 09:06 PM

:)

actsnoblemartin
04-06-2008, 09:06 PM
:)

[QUOTE=actsnoblemartin

Yurt
04-06-2008, 09:14 PM

i hate it when i do that....

red states rule
04-07-2008, 05:21 AM

Even in death, the left shows it love and tolerance

red states rule
04-07-2008, 07:39 AM
This morning we find the liberal media taking their shots at Mr Heston

Charlton Heston: 'Villain to Many,' or NRA's Moses?
By Tim Graham | April 7, 2008 - 06:58 ET

Even in sympathetic appreciations of Charlton Heston's life and career, his conservative activism for gun rights was often treated as a sour note. Richard Corliss in Time felt compelled to write "He became a villain to many in his later life, when he took up the strident support of conservative causes, most notably that of the National Rifle Association."

But in Monday's Washington Post, film critic Stephen Hunter compared Heston to one of his most famous roles, Moses:

Later in his life, he took that stance into politics, becoming president of the National Rifle Association just when anti-gun attitudes were reaching their peak. Pilloried and parodied, lampooned and bullied, he never relented, he never backed down, and in time it came to seem less an old star's trick of vanity than an act of political heroism. He endured, like Moses. He aged, like Moses. And the stone tablet he carried had only one commandment: Thou shalt be armed. It can even be said that if the Supreme Court in June finds a meaning in the Second Amendment consistent with NRA policy, that he will have died just short of the Promised Land -- like Moses.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/04/07/charlton-heston-villain-many-or-nras-moses

glockmail
04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
He was a great man and the world is less without him.

red states rule
04-07-2008, 08:39 AM

He was a goog man, great actor, a great American, and provided many memories on film we will enjoy for a long time

Of course, the kook left has to show their true colors and smear a man who is no longer with us

mundame
04-07-2008, 10:12 AM

When my husband told me Heston had died, my FIRST thought was that he gave the best Marc Anthony speech from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar of all I've heard. We went through a bunch of performances of Julius Caesar last year, so I've heard a lot. (Marlon Brando did one of the famous movies, but IMO didn't compare well with Heston.)

Heston made two versions of Julius Caesar, 20 years apart. He played Marc Anthony both times ("I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him!"). The first one when he was a young man was a sort of art film made at the Romanesque Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago; lots of columns. And Heston was naked!! And this was about 1953, too. What a surprise. Naked in the early scene of Marc Anthony running in the race --- and lemme tell you, he looked GOOD.

Twenty years later he played it again, probably feeling that he hadn't done it justice earlier, and wow, what a performance. (He wasn't naked this time, though.)

Charleton Heston was actually a great classical actor, and to remember him that way, as I can, would please him, I think.

Hagbard Celine
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
"Charlton Heston dead at 83: Damn Dirty Apes Held For Questioning" :dance: