PDA

View Full Version : Are we racists

midcan5
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Of National Lies and Racial America

By Tim Wise

"Whites are easily shocked by what we see and hear from Pastor Wright and Trinity Church, because what we see and hear so thoroughly challenges our understanding of who we are as a nation. But black people have never, for the most part, believed in the imagery of the "shining city on a hill," for they have never had the option of looking at their nation and ignoring the mountain-sized warts still dotting its face when it comes to race. Black people do not, in the main, get misty eyed at the sight of the flag the way white people do--and this is true even for millions of black veterans--for they understand that the nation for whom that flag waves is still not fully committed to their own equality. They have a harder time singing those tunes that white people seem so eager to belt out, like "God Bless America," for they know that whites sang those words loudly and proudly even as they were enforcing Jim Crow segregation, rioting against blacks who dared move into previously white neighborhoods, throwing rocks at Dr. King and then cheering, as so many did, when they heard the news that he had been assassinated.

Whites refuse to remember (or perhaps have never learned) that which black folks cannot afford to forget. I've seen white people stunned to the point of paralysis when they learn the truth about lynchings in this country--when they discover that such events were not just a couple of good old boys with a truck and a rope hauling some black guy out to the tree, hanging him, and letting him swing there. They were never told the truth: that lynchings were often community events, advertised in papers as "Negro Barbecues," involving hundreds or even thousands of whites, who would join in the fun, eat chicken salad and drink sweet tea, all while the black victims of their depravity were being hung, then shot, then burned, and then having their body parts cut off, to be handed out to onlookers. They are stunned to learn that postcards of the events were traded as souvenirs, and that very few whites, including members of their own families did or said anything to stop it."

http://www.counterpunch.org/wise03182008.html

Yurt
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
As usual, only white/black Republicans are racists, and liberal whites suffer a white guilt complex

Liberal blacks are not, and can never be racist - only victims

Pale Rider
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Course blacks don't get all "misty eyed" when they look at our flag. They're not real Americans. They're hyphenated Americans... you know... "AFRICAN"-Americans, and using the example of hussein's church, they pledge their allegiance to AFRICA FIRST! Why should they get all misty eyed when they look at an American flag?

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Course blacks don't get all "misty eyed" when they look at our flag. They're not real Americans. They're hyphenated Americans... you know... "AFRICAN"-Americans, and using the example of hussein's church, they pledge their allegiance to AFRICA FIRST! Why should they get all misty eyed when they look at an American flag?

If Obama gets in, they may get misty eyed over the prospects of a slave reparation check coming their way

Remember, for the FIRST time Ms Obama is now proud of her country

Subject to hubby winning it all in November -then she will go back to hating America (and blaming whitey for hubby losing)

westcoast
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Whites built this country on the backs of black skinned folk from Africa. What is wrong with you people?

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Whites built this country on the backs of black skinned folk from Africa. What is wrong with you people?

Nothing is wrong with us

You are the fruit loop here

westcoast
04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Nothing is wrong with us

You are the fruit loop here

Are you white? I am guessing you are. What is your excuse for the WHITE man that built this country on the backs of black slaves? Oh, slavery is over? Is that all you have?

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Are you white? I am guessing you are. What is your excuse for the WHITE man that built this country on the backs of black slaves? Oh, slavery is over? Is that all you have?

Libs have this habit of living in the past, and wanting to fight long ago settled issues

Blacks have an equal chance of making it in America, if they want to and work at it

Pale Rider
04-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Blacks made a contribution, but they this "WHOLE COUNTRY" was most certainly NOT "built on the backs of the black man." You are out of your fucking skull, and frankly, your line of thought is an INSULT to the WHITE PEOPLE who ALSO sweated, fought and bled to create this nation.

Get a clue.

Hagbard Celine
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Uh, what are you talking about? Do we need to have an excuse for slavery? It's not as if there have even been slaves in this country for over a century. Why should contemporary whites apologize for something we had absolutely no control over?

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Uh, what are you talking about? Do we need to have an excuse for slavery? It's not as if there have even been slaves in this country for over a century. Why should contemporary whites apologize for something we had absolutely no control over?

Pardon me while I choke

We actually agree on something

Gaffer
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM

Whites built this country with their own sweat and blood. Blacks are free today because of whites. Blacks taken as slaves were taken by blacks and sold to arab and white traders. The slave trade was outlawed by whites. The slaves were freed by whites. Slavery still goes on in Africa today. Blacks selling blacks to the arabs and other blacks.

westcoast
04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Libs have this habit of living in the past, and wanting to fight long ago settled issues

Blacks have an equal chance of making it in America, if they want to and work at it

So black people started out equal with you?

westcoast
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Blacks made a contribution, but they this "WHOLE COUNTRY" was most certainly NOT "built on the backs of the black man." You are out of your fucking skull, and frankly, your line of thought is an INSULT to the WHITE PEOPLE who ALSO sweated, fought and bled to create this nation.

Get a clue.

So white people have a better claim to this county? Because their sweat is better? Racist.

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Whites ended slavery, and made them equal. We had a war to free the slaves

Stop whining about things that happened 200 years ago

It is idiots like you that continue to fan the flames of racism like Obama and Wright

Hagbard Celine
04-07-2008, 04:56 PM

What's your problem?

theHawk

Yes, and it was black skinned folk in Africa that sold their own to the slave traders. Whats that make them? Are Africans ever going to have to pay reparations to the African-Americans?

Pale Rider
So white people have a better claim to this county? Because their sweat is better? Racist.

Wow.... just wow.... we have another dozzie here.... what flavor is that kool aide you're drinking?

theHawk
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Every person has an equal claim to what this country has to offer. However some groups refuse to take advantage and work for it.

red states rule
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow.... just wow.... we have another dozzie here.... what flavor is that kool aide you're drinking?

I do not know the flavor, but he bought it at the Obama's Kool Aide stand

theHawk
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM

My guess is it would be shit-flavored.

Pale Rider
04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I do not know the flavor, but he bought it at the Obama's Kool Aide stand

My guess is it would be shit-flavored.

"Bull shit" to be specific... :laugh:

red states rule
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
"Bull shit" to be specific... :laugh:

Isn't that the MFM Kool Aide stand?

theHawk
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, they like to fill themselves full of liberal bullshit. Hence the term "shitbag liberal".

Hobbit
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
As a majority white, part American Indian, I have the following to say.

Ok, so you think you're owed for the burden of slavery that hit your ancestors. You think that white people should provide you with everything you want because some ancestor of yours was enslaved or oppressed and you were too caught up in your bitterness to get over it and make yourself better off. Well, before we talk about this, I have a few questions to ask.

At the same time white slave traders were picking up black slaves who had been captured in battle, black, Muslim pirates were attacking American and European shipping and taking the sailors as slaves. While the mortality rate among the African slaves on the Middle Passage was around 12.5%, the mortality rate of captured European slaves was closer to 75%, as many of them were executed in the name of Allah or neutered in order to serve as eunuchs. Even with millions in tribute, this didn't stop until two American shows of force involving the marines showed the Barbary Pirates that dicking us around was going to get them killed. Do I get reparations from blacks because my ancestors lost family members to the Barbary Coast slave trade?

After the War Between the States, many black regiments were formed for the war against American Indians in the west. Dubbed 'buffalo soldiers' by the Indians they fought against, they fought hard and brutally, contributing greatly to the genocide of the American Indians. Do I get reparations from black people because an entire branch of my culture was wiped out partially by them?

During the War Between the States, General William Tecumseh Sherman happened to pass by a plot of land containing everything my family ever owned, and in an effort to subjugate the South and crush Georgia under his boot, half my family, all civilians, were executed by hanging by his troops then and there. More died later of hunger, as there was no viable food for dozens of miles except what was guarded by Union troops. Do I deserve reparations for this? Should some of them come from blacks because they directly benefited from this act of inexcusable brutality?

If anything, I'd call us even. After losing everything we ever owned to a bunch of self-righteous Yankees, my family pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps. During the Depression, my grandfather earned only one dollar a day busting his butt for 10 hours at a sawmill, but he never asked anybody for a free lunch, not once. Today, my father is very well off and I am getting a college education, all because my family stopped whining about being put down by 'the man' and got to the business of improving their own lot in life. They didn't ask for any handouts to 'help them out of poverty,' and wouldn't have taken one had it been offered, so the blacks of this country can shut their cakeholes and learn to feed themselves, just like the rest of us.

manu1959
04-07-2008, 06:02 PM

what about the chinese.....did they do nothing....or the irish.....

Pale Rider
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
what about the chinese.....did they do nothing....or the irish.....

Geeeeeezzzee.... you ignoring the blacks... what a racist... :laugh:

manu1959
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Geeeeeezzzee.... you ignoring the blacks... what a racist... :laugh:

yep.....that is me.....racist....you can find all sorts of posts where i claim one race is superior to another....:link:

midcan5
04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Why is there an inability among many to face racism? Is everyone here very young and all live in an all 'something' world? I hear racism today from many when it concerns Obama, has nothing to do with his experience, policy, or any thing else, only the fact his dad was black and he is shade darker than many of us. Too funny, too silly really. And racism among blacks sure as hell exists as well, no one denies that, every group dislikes every other group in some sense. Face it we are all racists, now let's move on.

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
we are all racist and prejudice, because were human, atleast 1%, some are 100%, more are in between.

it doesnt make us bad, unless we actually harm someone else by discriminating against them for a job, or using verbal or physical violence

actions matter not words, feelings or thoughts

Of National Lies and Racial America

By Tim Wise

"Whites are easily shocked by what we see and hear from Pastor Wright and Trinity Church, because what we see and hear so thoroughly challenges our understanding of who we are as a nation. But black people have never, for the most part, believed in the imagery of the "shining city on a hill," for they have never had the option of looking at their nation and ignoring the mountain-sized warts still dotting its face when it comes to race. Black people do not, in the main, get misty eyed at the sight of the flag the way white people do--and this is true even for millions of black veterans--for they understand that the nation for whom that flag waves is still not fully committed to their own equality. They have a harder time singing those tunes that white people seem so eager to belt out, like "God Bless America," for they know that whites sang those words loudly and proudly even as they were enforcing Jim Crow segregation, rioting against blacks who dared move into previously white neighborhoods, throwing rocks at Dr. King and then cheering, as so many did, when they heard the news that he had been assassinated.

Whites refuse to remember (or perhaps have never learned) that which black folks cannot afford to forget. I've seen white people stunned to the point of paralysis when they learn the truth about lynchings in this country--when they discover that such events were not just a couple of good old boys with a truck and a rope hauling some black guy out to the tree, hanging him, and letting him swing there. They were never told the truth: that lynchings were often community events, advertised in papers as "Negro Barbecues," involving hundreds or even thousands of whites, who would join in the fun, eat chicken salad and drink sweet tea, all while the black victims of their depravity were being hung, then shot, then burned, and then having their body parts cut off, to be handed out to onlookers. They are stunned to learn that postcards of the events were traded as souvenirs, and that very few whites, including members of their own families did or said anything to stop it."

http://www.counterpunch.org/wise03182008.html

Trigg
04-07-2008, 07:27 PM

What about the blacks who owned slaves in this country????? Guess what, it wasn't just the mean old white man.

America was built with the sweat and tears of people of every color.

Blacks and whites have the same opportunities in this country to become what every they wish. All they need is the drive to succeed.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 05:05 AM
It seems to me liberals are the racists. They are te ones who always have to divide and seperate people based on color. They are the ones who have the quotas. They are the ones who tell blacks they can't make it in life without their help (i.e. some government program)

If that is not racism, what is?

retiredman
04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
It seems to me liberals are the racists. They are the ones who tell blacks they can't make it in life without their help (i.e. some government program)

If that is not racism, what is?

got a quote from any liberal telling black americans that they "can't make it in life without some government program?"

red states rule
04-08-2008, 09:02 AM
got a quote from any liberal telling black americans that they "can't make it in life without some government program?"

It is one of the foundations of liberalism. People can't make it without some government program

Pale Rider
04-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Affirmative Action.

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Uhh, how about any speech by The Hussein or Hildabeast droning on about how they can't get by without government health care, welfare, or any other liberal policy handout programs.

Weren't the Democrats all screaming about the Federal government not doing enough for Katrina relief? If blacks in NO didn't need FEMA, what was all the screaming about?

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Better yet MFM, how about you pull a quote of a Democrat telling blacks they can make it in life without some government program.

Abbey Marie
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Actually, as our daughter prepares to apply to high-level competitive colleges next fall, I would have to say that blacks and other minorities are considerably ahead of us in the process.

westcoast
04-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Actually, as our daughter prepares to apply to high-level competitive colleges next fall, I would have to say that blacks and other minorities are considerably ahead of us in the process.

They are behind whites by hundreds of years of slavery. Affirmative action has worked wonders, hasn't it? Blacks are finally getting what the white man deemed himself entitled too.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
They are behind whites by hundreds of years of slavery. Affirmative action has worked wonders, hasn't it? Blacks are finally getting what the white man deemed himself entitled too.

Since when is reverse discrimination a good idea?

Are you saying the only way for blacks to get ahead is with a government program?

Trigg
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM

How long can blacks play the "we were slaves" card???

What part of blacks have the fastest growing middle class don't you understand?? The ONLY thing keeping ANYONE from going as far as they can in life is themselves.

It takes ONE generation to go from poor to rich.

My husband was the first in his family to graduate college. His father left school in 9th grade to support his family. His grandfather was a coalminer. Get over the, blacks are victims BS. Whites don't have it any easier in this life than anyone else.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
How long can blacks play the "we were slaves" card???

What part of blacks have the fastest growing middle class don't you understand?? The ONLY thing keeping ANYONE from going as far as they can in life is themselves.

It takes ONE generation to go from poor to rich.

My husband was the first in his family to graduate college. His father left school in 9th grade to support his family. His grandfather was a coalminer. Get over the, blacks are victims BS. Whites don't have it any easier in this life than anyone else.

You also have to consider the rising number of black owned businesses, and the increasing number of black millionaires

Abbey Marie
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM

Well, you just earned your permanent lib moonbat wings with that one. You are not dealing in reality. In our district, city kids are BUSED to schools in our suburban neigborhood, and my child was bused downtown to theirs. So, same schools, teachers, books, etc. Guess what? My child worked hard and is currently ranked 15th in her class, Nat'l Honor Society, etc. The city kids had every opportunity she had. If they blew it, it's their parent's fault, and/or their own fault. Certainly not ours or the District's.

Putting a less qualified less hard-working student ahead of one who worked her tail off and is smarter, is a stunningly lousy and racially discriminatory idea on every level. Even the courts have started to see that.

Btw, my daughter never enslaved anyone.

Trigg
04-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, you just earned your permanent lib moonbat wings with that one. You are not dealing in reality. In our district, city kids are BUSED to schools in our suburban neigborhood, and my child was bused downtown to theirs. So, same schools, teachers, books, etc. Guess what? My child worked hard and is currently ranked 15th in her class, Nat'l Honor Society, etc. The city kids had every opportunity she had. If they blew it, it's their parent's fault, and/or their own fault. Certainly not ours or the District's.

Putting a less qualified less hard-working student ahead of one who worked her tail off and is smarter, is a stunningly lousy and racially discriminatory idea on every level. Even the courts have started to see that.

Btw, my daughter never enslaved anyone.

Great post Abbey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westcoast needs to stop whining about the past and take a look around him.

ANYONE who is a middle class white with a child who wants to go to college knows that they are behind everyone else when it comes to applying for grants and scholarships.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
ANYONE who is a middle class white with a child who wants to go to college knows that they are behind everyone else when it comes to applying for grants and scholarships.

and they are behind the illegals as well

Trigg
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
and they are behind the illegals as well

Nine states offer in-state tution for illegals. How screwed up is that.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Nine states offer in-state tution for illegals. How screwed up is that.

How would it make any parent feel knowing they are paying more in tution then the kid of an illegal?

It is not screwed up to the moonbat left and the open borders crowd Trigg. It makes perfect sense

midcan5
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
It is one of the foundations of liberalism. People can't make it without some government program

Don't you mean that business cannot make it after conservative republican rule? Did you mistype or are you in some place with no papers or other information? Think SL debacle, the current corporate bailouts, and lots of government contracts and regulations to help businesses and not the individual American. If I had my druthers I would prefer the liberal help of people over the conservative help of the greedy CEOs and their poorly run businesses.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Don't you mean that business cannot make it after conservative republican rule? Did you mistype or are you in some place with no papers or other information? Think SL debacle, the current corporate bailouts, and lots of government contracts and regulations to help businesses and not the individual American. If I had my druthers I would prefer the liberal help of people over the conservative help of the greedy CEOs and their poorly run businesses.

Liberals measure their success on how many people are on government programs

Conservatives measure their success on how many people no longer need government programs

Liberals want as many people as possible dependent on some sort of government program. Liberals want them depenedent on government

Conservatives know that left alone, people can achieve success, and accumulate wealth. They will not need a government program that shackles them into a cycle of dependency

mundame
04-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Consider that your data equally well describes people who simply can't complete with a population that has higher IQs.

The good colleges HAVE to throw out the normal merit system of applications if they are to have any blacks at all, because there just aren't enough smart and well-educated blacks available that could make the grade normally, and Harvard would snap up all 16.

The question of interest to me is, is that a reasonable thing to do? I am sure it is not appropriate to pretend blacks are just as smart while taking blacks with substantially lower test scores: that's lying propaganda.

But what about preferring blacks so that there is something for blacks to aspire to and to confuse whites enough that they respect blacks who do have these degrees? It's an interesting issue, but I think we may have gone the wrong way, starting with the Great Society quotas in the '60s.

The main thing is the lying. The schools and companies pretend that the blacks are at the same level, when admissions and HR KNOW FOR SURE they aren't, because they jimmy the results and simply exempt blacks from the competition. In the end, I think no good ever, ever comes from lying.

red states rule
04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Consider that your data equally well describes people who simply can't complete with a population that has higher IQs.

The good colleges HAVE to throw out the normal merit system of applications if they are to have any blacks at all, because there just aren't enough smart and well-educated blacks available that could make the grade normally, and Harvard would snap up all 16.

The question of interest to me is, is that a reasonable thing to do? I am sure it is not appropriate to pretend blacks are just as smart while taking blacks with substantially lower test scores: that's lying propaganda.

But what about preferring blacks so that there is something for blacks to aspire to and to confuse whites enough that they respect blacks who do have these degrees? It's an interesting issue, but I think we may have gone the wrong way, starting with the Great Society quotas in the '60s.

The main thing is the lying. The schools and companies pretend that the blacks are at the same level, when admissions and HR KNOW FOR SURE they aren't, because they jimmy the results and simply exempt blacks from the competition. In the end, I think no good ever, ever comes from lying.

Reverse discrimination will not solve anything, except add to the problem

midcan5
04-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Liberals measure their success on how many people are on government programs

Conservatives measure their success on how many people no longer need government programs

Liberals want as many people as possible dependent on some sort of government program. Liberals want them depenedent on government

Conservatives know that left alone, people can achieve success, and accumulate wealth. They will not need a government program that shackles them into a cycle of dependency

Given that the conservative administration of Cheney/Bush has increased government more than any admin in recent times your comments are irrelevant. And given conservatives' attempts to impose their religious and moral views on others your post is doubly irrelevant.

http://www.counterpunch.com/roberts04092008.html

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

red states rule
04-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Given that the conservative administration of Cheney/Bush has increased government more than any admin in recent times your comments are irrelevant. And given conservatives' attempts to impose their religious and moral views on others your post is doubly irrelevant.

http://www.counterpunch.com/roberts04092008.html

"Liberals demand that the social order should in principle be capable of explaining itself at the tribunal of each person's understanding." Jeremy Waldron

and Obama, Hillary, Reid , and Pelosi want to increase government even more - along with taxes

and libs rant about Christains trying to impose thir views on them, and libs tunr around and want government to impose their will on people - since they believe people are to stupid to take care of themselves

Like what kind of light bulb you will be allowed to use in your own home

jff.law
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
It seems to me that blacks in this country are more racist in their actions,and words, then are whites

midcan5
04-17-2008, 08:15 PM
It seems to me that blacks in this country are more racist in their actions,and words, then are whites

That statement needs proof. Show us something.

glockmail
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
That statement needs proof. Show us something.

Louis Farakan, Reverend Wright, Jesses Jackson, Al Sharpton.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:20 PM

Don't forget Sen and Ms Obama

glockmail
04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't forget Sen and Ms Obama
I intentionally left them out as an attempt to turn the conversation away from the current election. But of course you are correct.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I intentionally left them out as an attempt to turn the conversation away from the current election. But of course you are correct.

Charles Barron is another black racist. This guy is a total nutcase

REDWHITEBLUE2
04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
They are behind whites by hundreds of years of slavery. Affirmative action has worked wonders, hasn't it? Blacks are finally getting what the white man deemed himself entitled too. HEY SHIT FOR BRAINS :finger3: STFU YOU RACIST BASTARD

red states rule
04-18-2008, 04:12 AM
HEY SHIT FOR BRAINS :finger3: STFU YOU RACIST BASTARD

Democrats are clearly the racust party in America

midcan5
04-18-2008, 02:11 PM

The question wasn't directed to you and even if it were that isn't an answer. Proof not prejudice.

glockmail
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
The question wasn't directed to you and even if it were that isn't an answer. Proof not prejudice. Show me some racist whiteys that enjoy the admiration and respect from other whiteys lke these jokers do. You can't, therefore I've proved it. :pee:

red states rule
04-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Show me some racist whiteys that enjoy the admiration and respect from other whiteys lke these jokers do. You can't, therefore I've proved it. :pee:

The liberal media follows those clowns arounds and can't wait to lap up the BS they sprew

They are considered "black leaders" by the liberal media

Go figure