Bonnie
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Judge orders 'gay' agenda
taught to Christian children
Rules kids need teachings to be
'engaged and productive citizens'

By Bob Unruh
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

David Parker and his team of lawyers approach the reporters and TV cameras after a recent motions hearing. Left to right: Robert Sinsheimer, Jeffrey Denner, David Parker, Neil Tassel

A federal judge in Massachusetts has ordered the "gay" agenda taught to Christians who attend a public school in Massachusetts, finding that they need the teachings to be "engaged and productive citizens."

U.S. District Judge Mark L. Wolf yesterday dismissed a civil rights lawsuit brought by David Parker, ordering that it is reasonable, indeed there is an obligation, for public schools to teach young children to accept and endorse homosexuality.

Wolf essentially adopted the reasoning in a brief submitted by a number of homosexual-advocacy groups, who said "the rights of religious freedom and parental control over the upbringing of children … would undermine teaching and learning…" David and Tonia Parker and Joseph and Robin Wirthlin, who have children of school age in Lexington, Mass., brought the lawsuit. They alleged district officials and staff at Estabrook Elementary School violated state law and civil rights by indoctrinating their children about a lifestyle they, as Christians, teach is immoral.

"Wolf's ruling is every parent's nightmare. It goes to extraordinary lengths to legitimize and reinforce the 'right' (and even the duty) of schools to normalize homosexual behavior to even the youngest of children," said a statement from the pro-family group Mass Resistance.

It also is making available background information about the lengthy dispute.

David Parker in handcuffs

"In the ruling, Wolf makes the absurd claim that normalizing homosexuality to young children is 'reasonably related to the goals of preparing students to become engaged and productive citizens in our democracy.' According to Wolf, this means teaching 'diversity' which includes 'differences in sexual orientation.'

"In addition, Wolf makes the odious statement that the Parkers' only options are (1) send their kids to a private school, (2) home-school their kids, or (3) elect a majority of people to the School Committee who agree with them. Can you imagine a federal judge in the Civil Rights era telling blacks the same thing – that if they can't be served at a lunch counter they should just start their own restaurant, or elect a city council to pass laws that reflect the U.S. Constitution?" the organization said.
Lawyers for the families said they already had planned an appeal of the judge's opinion.

But Wolf's claims followed very closely the reasoning submitted earlier in a brief by Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, Massachusetts Teachers Association, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders and other advocates for the "gay" agenda.

Earlier, Mass Resistance President Brian Camenker had wondered why such national groups were "so interested in a parent's right to decide what moral issues are taught to his children by adults in elementary schools, especially regarding homosexuality."

"They must see David Parker's case as quite a threat to their ability to push their message on children," he had said. His organization has posted information about the judge's ruling on the Internet for readers to review.

But the judge concluded that even allowing Christians to withdraw their children from classes or portions of classes where the religious beliefs were being violated wasn't a reasonable expectation.

"An exodus from class when issues of homosexuality or same-sex marriage are to be discussed could send the message that gays, lesbians, and the children of same-sex parents are inferior and, therefore, have a damaging effect on those students," he opined.

"Under the Constitution public schools are entitled to teach anything that is reasonably related to the goals of preparing students to become engaged and productive citizens in our democracy," the judge wrote. "Diversity is a hallmark of our nation. It is increasingly evident that our diversity includes differences in sexual orientation."

And, he said, since history "includes instances of … official discrimination against gays and lesbians … it is reasonable for public educators to teach elementary school students … different sexual orientations."

If they disagree, "the Parkers and Wirthlins may send their children to a private school …[or] may also educate their children at home," the judge said.

http://suppressednews.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEZkFkZlEkGtbGvpRo&tmpl=offsitenews

Pale Rider
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
And, he said, since history "includes instances of … official discrimination against gays and lesbians … it is reasonable for public educators to teach elementary school students … different sexual orientations."

Hey judge.... PROVE IT.

(I'll bet anybody, the JUDGE is a faggot.)

02-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Im fairly certain there is a Constitutional right for parents to teach their children as they wish. Cant remember what case I read that in. They all sort of blur together at some point.

trobinett
02-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Unfucking believable!

Home schooling here we come.

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Unfucking believable!

Home schooling here we come.

And that's all fine and good save for the fact that parents have to pay for public school anyway, and forget private schools because many liberals oppose vouchers. How convenient....amybe we need to come with legislation that if parents homeschool they can opt out of paying for public..Think the nazi teachers union will go for that???:laugh2::lol:

5stringJeff
02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I guarantee that my children will understand the immorality of homosexual behavior, regardless of what is taught in school, and that they will have the courage to give the correct answers to questions about homosexual behavior, regardless of the effect on their grades.

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I guarantee that my children will understand the immorality of homosexual behavior, regardless of what is taught in school, and that they will have the courage to give the correct answers to questions about homosexual behavior, regardless of the effect on their grades.

I hope many devoted parents will do the same for their kids.. I will be sending any future children I have to Catholic private school, as well as teaching them at home what our values are.

glockmail
02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
A federal judge in Massachusetts has ordered the "gay" agenda taught to Christians who attend a public school in Massachusetts, finding that they need the teachings to be "engaged and productive citizens." I thought the gays didn't have an agenda? :poke:

Nienna
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I hope many devoted parents will do the same for their kids.. I will be sending any future children I have to Catholic private school, as well as teaching them at home what our values are.

Catholic schools ROCK! :)

glockmail
02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Catholic schools ROCK! :) Yes, but Massachusetts schools SUCK!

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I thought the gays didn't have an agenda? :poke:

Apparently their sympathizers do:rolleyes:

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Catholic schools ROCK! :)

And lucky for us we have one of the best in the state across the street from where we live. Im looking into a second job right now to afford it:laugh2:

Nienna
02-27-2007, 08:19 AM
And lucky for us we have one of the best in the state across the street from where we live. Im looking into a second job right now to afford it:laugh2:

I know... :(
I told my husband I wanted our kids to go to Catholic school, but right now, it would be between 10-15K/year for the four of them. :(

Nienna
02-27-2007, 08:20 AM
An additional perspective...

http://www.citizenlink.org/CLtopstories/A000004008.cfm

shattered
02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
This is where humans are stupid. I can see teaching someone not to discriminate against someone *because* they're gay, but much like religion, I can't see it being shoved in someones face as a "requirement to accept it". If schools want to teach, or pass on knowledge about that particular lifestyle, it should be as an extra-cirricular activity, and REQUIRE the written consent of the parents of the children, and it should be held after normal school hours, so that those that don't want ANY part of it are free to leave the premesis..

If it had to be taught after hours, how many teachers do you think would still be up for it? :)

Pale Rider
02-27-2007, 10:40 AM
This is where humans are stupid. I can see teaching someone not to discriminate against someone *because* they're gay, but much like religion, I can't see it being shoved in someones face as a "requirement to accept it". If schools want to teach, or pass on knowledge about that particular lifestyle, it should be as an extra-cirricular activity, and REQUIRE the written consent of the parents of the children, and it should be held after normal school hours, so that those that don't want ANY part of it are free to leave the premesis..

If it had to be taught after hours, how many teachers do you think would still be up for it? :)

Now shattered.... there ya go.... you had to go and get all... REASONABLE. :laugh2:

I hust hope that the parents and their lawyers are able to overturn this. They ought to call up Hannity, or O'Reilly.

5stringJeff
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I know... :(
I told my husband I wanted our kids to go to Catholic school, but right now, it would be between 10-15K/year for the four of them. :(

Do you have other private Christian schools in your town? We spend ~$6K for Kayla to attend her school, and they give significant discounts for sibling's tuition.

Bonnie
02-27-2007, 04:28 PM

:clap: :clap: