PDA

View Full Version : History Of Genocide

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

is the mass killing of a group of people, as defined by Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."[1] Significantly, this definition of genocide under international law does not include repression against political or economic groups.

The preamble to the CPPCG not only states that "genocide is a crime under international law, contrary to the spirit and aims of the United Nations and condemned by the civilized world", but that "at all periods of history genocide has inflicted great losses on humanity".[1]

Determining what historical events constitute a genocide and which are merely criminal or inhuman behaviour is not a clear-cut matter. In nearly every case where accusations of genocide have circulated, partisans of various sides have fiercely disputed the interpretation and details of the event, often to the point of promoting wildly different versions of the facts. An accusation of genocide is certainly not taken lightly and will almost always be controversial. The following list of genocides and alleged genocides should be understood in this context and cannot be regarded as the final word on these subjects.

OCA
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
A modern day example.........Israel.

manu1959
04-07-2008, 08:41 PM

darfur....iraq.......somalia......rawanda......eas t timor......tibet.....congo.....mexico......

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=israeli+population&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/newpop.html

On the eve of 2008, Israel population reached 7.241 million residents. Of this figure, 75.6 percent are Jewish (5.472 million), 20% are Arab (1.449 million) and 4.4% (320,000) are ‘others’ — immigrants who are not registered as Jews in the Interior Ministry, non-Arab Christians and residents without religious classification.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html

Ethnic groups:
Definition Field Listing
Jewish 76.4% (of which Israel-born 67.1%, Europe/America-born 22.6%, Africa-born 5.9%, Asia-born 4.2%), non-Jewish 23.6% (mostly Arab) (2004)

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_basics.php

Jews make up 77.2% of Israel's population, Muslims 15.4%, Christians 2.1%, Druze 1.6% and unaffiliated citizens 3.5%. The percentage of Israeli residents who are Arab is 19%, about the same as it when the country was established in 1948.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/805277.html

Israel's Christian population numbers 148,000 as of Christmas Eve
By Moti Bassok, Haaretz Correspondent

Israel's Christian population numbered 148,000 as of Christmas Eve, 2.1 percent of the total population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Land_of_Israel

he History of the Jews in the Land of Israel begins with the ancient Israelites (also known as Hebrews), who settled in the land of Israel. The Israelites traced their common lineage to the biblical patriarch Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. Jewish tradition holds that the Israelites were the descendants of Jacob's twelve sons (one of which was named Judah), who settled in Egypt. Their direct descendants respectively divided into twelve tribes, who were enslaved under the rule of an Egyptian pharaoh. In the Jewish faith, the emigration of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan (the Exodus), led by the prophet Moses, marks the formation of the Israelites as a people.

Throughout the centuries, in spite of oppression, banishment, and slaughter, there was an uninterrupted continuity of Jewish life in the country. The Jewish community in the land of Israel has always played a unique role in Jewish history.

This article refers to the history in the Land of Israel in the boundaries defined by Canaan or as the region later also known by the Roman name of Palestina.

OCA
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
darfur....iraq.......somalia......rawanda......eas t timor......tibet.....congo.....mexico......

Yes, I guess I was mentioning the most prominent example, the genocide being perpetrated against the Palestinians by the Israelis.

manu1959
04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, I guess I was mentioning the most prominent example, the genocide being perpetrated against the Palestinians by the Israelis.

really......how many palestinians have israel exterminated......

OCA
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=israeli+population&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/newpop.html

On the eve of 2008, Israel population reached 7.241 million residents. Of this figure, 75.6 percent are Jewish (5.472 million), 20% are Arab (1.449 million) and 4.4% (320,000) are ‘others’ — immigrants who are not registered as Jews in the Interior Ministry, non-Arab Christians and residents without religious classification.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/is.html

Ethnic groups:
Definition Field Listing
Jewish 76.4% (of which Israel-born 67.1%, Europe/America-born 22.6%, Africa-born 5.9%, Asia-born 4.2%), non-Jewish 23.6% (mostly Arab) (2004)

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_basics.php

Jews make up 77.2% of Israel's population, Muslims 15.4%, Christians 2.1%, Druze 1.6% and unaffiliated citizens 3.5%. The percentage of Israeli residents who are Arab is 19%, about the same as it when the country was established in 1948.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/805277.html

Israel's Christian population numbers 148,000 as of Christmas Eve
By Moti Bassok, Haaretz Correspondent

Israel's Christian population numbered 148,000 as of Christmas Eve, 2.1 percent of the total population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

The purpose of these statistics is what? The fact is that in 1948 Palestinians owned the land and The U.N. illegally established Israel and uprooted landowners from their property. Ever since Israel has been systematically removing all Arabs from what is in reality Palestinian land. They have done this through an apartheid system which i effect makes Palestiniand second clas citizens in their own land.

This is indisputeable.

OCA
04-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Not sure but i'd say its probably a pretty sizeable number but we will never know.

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
hey manu perhaps oca is just blind :laugh2: and didnt see how israel has over 20% arab muslim population, 2% christian population, and even druze, which is another denomination of muslims.

If he wants to hate jews, thats his problem, not mine.

They evidence is their for oca and people like him, and I cant have an honest discussion with irrational people who are only trying to get my goat

manu1959
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Not sure but i'd say its probably a pretty sizeable number but we will never know.

if more jews have been killed by arabs then what would you say......

one other question.....do the jews advocate the extermination of the palestinians.....or do the palestinians advocate the extermination of the jews.......

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
yeah, their called terrorists :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
04-07-2008, 09:02 PM
dont waste your breath, you cant reason with a fool or an anti-semite a.k.a. oca

one other question.....do the jews advocate the extermination of the palestinians.....or do the palestinians advocate the extermination of the jews.......

OCA
04-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Hamas advocates the extermination of Israel but Hamas does not speak for all Palestinians. Israel on the other hand advocates the extermination of Palestinians, their actions speak it loud even if the government is too smart to say it.

glockmail
04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, I guess I was mentioning the most prominent example, the genocide being perpetrated against the Palestinians by the Israelis. The Palis never existed as an organized or ethnic group before Israel was created. They are nomads, losers and have existed as scavengers throughout history. The Jews simply want their own, small country with defensible borders and are perfectly willing to let the palis live elsewhere peacefully.

OCA
04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
dont waste your breath, you cant reason with a fool or an anti-semite a.k.a. oca

Just like a retard to throw out the race card when he is too fucking stupid to understand the topic at hand.

You are in too deep of water on this board.

glockmail
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
He's got you there Acts. The anti semetic remark was race baiting. OCA, as a Greek, may do a man up the ass once in a while but racist he ain't. :lol:

OCA
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
The Palis never existed as an organized or ethnic group before Israel was created. They are nomads, losers and have existed as scavengers throughout history. The Jews simply want their own, small country with defensible borders and are perfectly willing to let the palis live elsewhere peacefully.

Untrue. The Palestinians can trace their family historiesback generations on that land, Israelis cannot because Israelis had given up on the land for the most part and scattered theirselves to the four winds. Only when Hitler happened did they remember that little strip of land next to the Mediterranean.

Why should Palestinians have to live elsewhere when the land is theirs to begin with?

manu1959
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Hamas advocates the extermination of Israel but Hamas does not speak for all Palestinians. Israel on the other hand advocates the extermination of Palestinians, their actions speak it loud even if the government is too smart to say it.

so you believe that if hamas and all palestinians stopped attacking israel ....israel would still bomb and kill palestinians......

manu1959
04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Untrue. The Palestinians can trace their family historiesback generations on that land, Israelis cannot because Israelis had given up on the land for the most part and scattered theirselves to the four winds. Only when Hitler happened did they remember that little strip of land next to the Mediterranean.

Why should Palestinians have to live elsewhere when the land is theirs to begin with?

funny there are jewish familys that can trace their existance on that land as far back as roman times.....

glockmail
04-08-2008, 05:37 AM

Why should Palestinians have to live elsewhere when the land is theirs to begin with? Because they lost it in a war. Time for them to man-up and face that pesky little fact. The Jews were there before them, then the Palis took over after most of them left, then the Jews came back to re-claim.

Besides, the Palis never built any significant infrastructure there. They can easily move a few miles west and live in the exact same conditions.

Gaffer
04-08-2008, 07:47 AM
The jews did not scatter to the four wins of their own accord. They were driven out and exiled from their country. And hamas represents the majority of pals, so to say the pals don't want the destruction and genocide of Israel is wrong. The pals also want the destruction and conquest of greece. But that will come after they take out Israel.

Dilloduck
04-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Being somewhere first doesn't condone any special rights or priviledges. I think it's a poor basis for discussing Israels ongoing battle with those that hate them.

OCA
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
funny there are jewish familys that can trace their existance on that land as far back as roman times.....

Funny that they don't speak up, most of em only know the history as far back as when grandma or grandpa or mom or dad got there in the latter part of the 20th century.

OCA
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
hamas represents the majority of pals

:link:

OCA
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Because they lost it in a war. Time for them to man-up and face that pesky little fact. The Jews were there before them, then the Palis took over after most of them left, then the Jews came back to re-claim.

Besides, the Palis never built any significant infrastructure there. They can easily move a few miles west and live in the exact same conditions.

Lets be honest, Israel hasn't won any of the various wars they've been in..........America did. vWithout American financial and military hardware backing Israel would've been overrun long ago.

Hows about we let them stand on their own for once and see what happens? And none of this "they are a democracy" crap, they are as much a Democracy as Cuba is.

theHawk
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Land_of_Israel

he History of the Jews in the Land of Israel begins with the ancient Israelites (also known as Hebrews), who settled in the land of Israel. The Israelites traced their common lineage to the biblical patriarch Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. Jewish tradition holds that the Israelites were the descendants of Jacob's twelve sons (one of which was named Judah), who settled in Egypt. Their direct descendants respectively divided into twelve tribes, who were enslaved under the rule of an Egyptian pharaoh. In the Jewish faith, the emigration of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan (the Exodus), led by the prophet Moses, marks the formation of the Israelites as a people.

Throughout the centuries, in spite of oppression, banishment, and slaughter, there was an uninterrupted continuity of Jewish life in the country. The Jewish community in the land of Israel has always played a unique role in Jewish history.

This article refers to the history in the Land of Israel in the boundaries defined by Canaan or as the region later also known by the Roman name of Palestina.

Thats wonderful. So do I get to seize land back that my ancestors had 2,000 years ago? Do I get to make my own country where I can dictate what the majority will be made of by enforcing immigration laws based on race and religion?

theHawk
04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Because they lost it in a war. Time for them to man-up and face that pesky little fact. The Jews were there before them, then the Palis took over after most of them left, then the Jews came back to re-claim.

And maybe its time for the Jews to "man up" and fight a war over the land they crave without US tax dollars footing the bill.

Gaffer
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM

They are the majority in the pal parliament. They took over and control all of gaza. Show me a link to pals that want to live peacefully with Israel.

Gaffer
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Lets be honest, Israel hasn't won any of the various wars they've been in..........America did. vWithout American financial and military hardware backing Israel would've been overrun long ago.

Hows about we let them stand on their own for once and see what happens? And none of this "they are a democracy" crap, they are as much a Democracy as Cuba is.

The day Israel came into existence in 1947 the arabs attacked and Israel fought them off. With their own weapons. The Israelis had one gun for every four soldiers. They won. They got NO help from anyone else in the world, including the US.

You just blindly hate jews and nothing anyone says is going to change your mind about it. You act like a liberal presented with facts and truth.

glockmail
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM

And maybe its time for the Jews to "man up" and fight a war over the land they crave without US tax dollars footing the bill.

I'd agree if their enemies weren't funded by the arabs, with oil money that they got from us. One more reason for energy independence.

OCA
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
They are the majority in the pal parliament. They took over and control all of gaza. Show me a link to pals that want to live peacefully with Israel.

Libs are the majority in Congress but I don't believe they are the majority of Americans.

Show me a link that shows a majority of Palestinians support Hamas over Fattah.

I think you are blowing smoke up my ass Gaff.

OCA
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I'd agree if their enemies weren't funded by the arabs, with oil money that they got from us. One more reason for energy independence.

Then in return for my tax dollars going there I want them to settle their shit with the Palis, that means going back to pre-1967 borders. No more saying yes to a two state solution out of their mouth while their ass does everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen.

glockmail
04-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Then in return for my tax dollars going there I want them to settle their shit with the Palis, that means going back to pre-1967 borders. No more saying yes to a two state solution out of their mouth while their ass does everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen. As I recall they had everything settled several times with that little terrorist Arafat only to have him back out at the last possible moment.

OCA
04-08-2008, 07:23 PM
As I recall they had everything settled several times with that little terrorist Arafat only to have him back out at the last possible moment.

Again only partly true, it was in fact Israel's refusal to reign in the settlers(which for a few highly publicized events have still not done) which has done in many an agreement.

Kathianne
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Again only partly true, it was in fact Israel's refusal to reign in the settlers(which for a few highly publicized events have still not done) which has done in many an agreement.

What have the 'Palestinians' done', highly publicized or not?

OCA
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
What have the 'Palestinians' done', highly publicized or not?

Been illegally removed from their land.

The highly publicized events were a few ceremonial forced closings of Israeli settlements, you know the ones where the Israeli soldiers were removing the settlers forcibly.

Kathianne
04-08-2008, 10:49 PM

The highly publicized events were a few ceremonial forced closings of Israeli settlements, you know the ones where the Israeli soldiers were removing the settlers forcibly.
Thanks for making my point.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Again only partly true, it was in fact Israel's refusal to reign in the settlers(which for a few highly publicized events have still not done) which has done in many an agreement. That was just Arafat's excuse. The settlers were well on their way getting rounded up back into the corral. All that feel apart when little rag head reneg'd.

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
oca is nothing more then a palestinian apologist and anti semiite.

he can run in circles all he wants, but he lies about israel, and he is an idiot :slap:

That was just Arafat's excuse. The settlers were well on their way getting rounded up back into the corral. All that feel apart when little rag head reneg'd.

OCA
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Got negged by Raymond on this post, his rep comment follows(I know it will probably get me reprimanded to quote it but its exhibit A of his mwental incapacity and as a bonus his abuse of the rep system:

"for calling me a retard, your a stupid asshole"

Now where in God's name(Christan God only) did I call him a retard in that post? This idiot can't even neg the right fucking post, what an idiot!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OCA
04-11-2008, 07:51 PM

he can run in circles all he wants, but he lies about israel, and he is an idiot :slap:

Race card played again because member is out of arguments to refute.

Further evidence of low intelligence.

04-11-2008, 09:48 PM

They won the popular elections.... what better source is there?

04-11-2008, 09:48 PM

palestinians are semetic people too... you realize that dont you?

actsnoblemartin
04-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I dont buy that, they are nothing but arabs, the same arabs, who live in any other arab country.

palestinians are semetic people too... you realize that dont you?

actsnoblemartin
04-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Youre still an asshole :laugh2:

infact, i think you should be called king asshole , his royal assholiness :laugh2:

Race card played again because member is out of arguments to refute.

Further evidence of low intelligence.

OCA
04-12-2008, 08:34 AM
They won the popular elections.... what better source is there?

So have Demos, did that mean that the majority supported Bubba Clinton even though he never claimed a popular vote majority?

OCA
04-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Youre still an asshole :laugh2:

infact, i think you should be called king asshole , his royal assholiness :laugh2:

You are the only one laughing Ray, kind of pathetic and sad when you think about it really.