View Full Version : Limbaugh’s Following Extends to Ads

red states rule
04-08-2008, 05:29 AM
More proof Rush is #1 and how the libs need to accept it and get over it

Rush's advertisers are thrilled.

Limbaugh’s Following Extends to Ads
By ALEX MINDLIN
Published: April 7, 2008

Rush Limbaugh’s fans are at their most numerous when he is not even speaking. That is among the findings of a study by Coleman Insights, a radio consulting firm, that uses newly available minute-by-minute listener data from New York, Philadelphia and Houston to map the ebb and flow of Mr. Limbaugh’s audience.

The study found that Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was greatest during commercials, beating his share during on-air segments by 0.18 percentage point.

Warren Kurtzman, the vice president of Coleman, said that Mr. Limbaugh’s audience tuned in during commercials so as not to miss the beginning of each segment. “His shares at the beginning of each hour are tremendous,” Mr. Kurtzman said.

The study also found that Mr. Limbaugh did worst during minutes in which he was expressing approval, with a 5.43 percent average share of listeners. He had 5.71 percent of listeners when expressing negative opinions and 5.81 percent when he was neutral. “People are tuning in to hear his beefs with the world,” Mr. Kurtzman said. ALEX MINDLIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/07/business/media/07drill.html?_r=2&ref=us&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

The Bare Knuckled Pundit
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Rush, he of the Mount Rushmore ego and arch nemesis of all things Liberal, intent on making mischief and prolonging the apocalyptic agony that the Democratic presidential nomination race has become, has once again turned jest into torment with what he fondly calls “Operation Chaos”. Prior to the Junior Tuesday Texas and Ohio primaries, lamenting that the Democratic race would draw to a close with a Barack Obama victory in the Lone Star State, Limbaugh jokingly advised Republicans to cross party lines to vote for Hillary Clinton in order to keep her candidacy alive and the Democrats locked in an increasingly bruising fight. With Clinton’s eventual margin of victory being less than the Republican crossover totals, comedy became strategy and Limbaugh gloatingly took credit for the junior Senator from New York living to fight and campaign another day.

In the wake of his success, catching the sweet scent of opportunity and profit in the air, Limbaugh has not only continued to encourage Republicans to continue using their guerilla tactics in future Democratic primaries, but he has also launched a line of merchandise memorializing his efforts. Now faithful listeners can purchase “Operation Chaos” bumper stickers and t-shirts, for a limited time only, of course. And if they order soon enough, they will receive them in time for the big events themselves! Call now, operators are standing by! Meanwhile, as Obama supporters mournfully implore him to call off the primary poaching, Limbaugh laughs all the way to the bank. But the question is, who, in the end will have the last laugh?

Given the Clintons’ uncanny ability to survive political tsunamis that would easily send other political careers to Davy Jones’ locker, one must ask if Limbaugh and the Republican guerillas aren’t tempting fate. As she has demonstrated time and time again, Hillary is the political equivalent of Michael Myers from the “Halloween” movies. Just when her opponents breathe a sigh of relief, thinking they have put her political career to rest once and for all…

Cue the startlingly synthesizer blast and roll the eerie piano music! In the background the torso of a dark, pants-suited figure slowly rises to a sitting position on the floor! While the health care reform debacle, bimbo eruptions, Chinese fundraiser scandal, fabricated Kosovo sniper-dodging, inane insistence she was not Tammy Wynette when in fact she was and Obama’s primary pummeling have been able to put her down, none have been able to put her out. Clearly she has defied political death on more than one occasion without Limbaugh’s and his loyal cadre’s assistance, so why intercede now?

The answer lies in the fact that at heart Limbaugh is as much comedian as he is commentator. He loves to laugh, particularly at the misery of those who despise and loath him. He enjoys the benefit of looking like a larger than life modern Machiavelli, directing his guerilla forces to sow chaos and discord in the heart of the enemy encampment as he gleefully collects the merchandizing profits in addition to the enhancement of his reputation as a result of the corresponding media attention.

However, one wonders if perhaps, lost in the rapture of the moment, Limbaugh may have been the unwitting instrument of the fates and gone too far? What if the joke that began in Texas turns out to be on Rush and the Republicans? If Hillary wins Pennsylvania in such a decisive fashion that momentum dramatically shifts in her favor, it may well propel her on to more decisive victories in the closing round of primaries. Going on to handily win West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and perhaps even North Carolina, Hillary could take a commanding lead in the popular vote. With a combination of momentum and the popular vote title, the super delegates may be swayed into supporting the resurgent pants-suited stalker. Having decried Al Gore’s 2000 popular vote victory and Supreme Court-adjudicated loss, Hillary will press the Democratic movers and shakers to put their votes and the nomination where their mouths and the popular votes are. Should she win the nomination and go on to defeat John McCain in the fall, there will be many that point to her Republican-fueled Texas victory as the fateful moment that she rose from the floor in Michael Myers-like fashion. If that is the case, “Operation Chaos” will be added not to Limbaugh’s lore, but Clinton’s and will be fondly referred to as “Operation Resurrection”.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Many people are very jealous of the success of Rush. He makes money, his stations make money, and his sponsors make money

Rush is not the King of talk radio for nothing

gabosaurus
04-08-2008, 10:35 AM
It only proves how many conservatives are incapable of independent thought. They need someone (Rush) to think and make their decisions for them.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
It only proves how many conservatives are incapable of independent thought. They need someone (Rush) to think and make their decisions for them.

Then why are libs constantly trying to start their own talk shows and they wind up going bankrupt?

Conservatives rule talk radio much to the dismay of the left who can't find an audience or sponsors

The ratings tell the entire story
http://www.talkers.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=34

glockmail
04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
It only proves how many conservatives are incapable of independent thought. They need someone (Rush) to think and make their decisions for them. Still using this tired old mantra? You keep repeating this lie that was told to you in hopes that someone will belive it, yet you are incapable of defending it. :lol:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Still using this tired old mantra? You keep repeating this lie that was told to you in hopes that someone will belive it, yet you are incapable of defending it. :lol:

It is the top excuse libs use as they contiue their streak of being unable to compete with Rush, Sean, and the rest of conservative talk radio

glockmail
04-08-2008, 10:56 AM
My standard reply to that bullshit is "I'm much more conservative than Rush". That usually shuts them up until they forget who they told the lie to, which is about ten minutes.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
My standard reply to that bullshit is "I'm much more conservative than Rush". That usually shuts them up until they forget who they told the lie to, which is about ten minutes.

I am to the right of Sean, that makes them speechless for all of 6 seconds, then they go into their right wing nut rants

retiredman
04-08-2008, 11:10 AM
"The study found that Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was greatest during commercials, beating his share during on-air segments by 0.18 percentage point."

unlike on television when people switch channels when commercials come ON, Rush listeners switch channels when the commercials go OFF and Rush comes ON!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
"The study found that Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was greatest during commercials, beating his share during on-air segments by 0.18 percentage point."

unlike on television when people switch channels when commercials come ON, Rush listeners switch channels when the commercials go OFF and Rush comes ON!:laugh2:

Did you check out the link showing the talk show ratings? Rush is on top by a mile, and the libs are far behind eating his dust

retiredman
04-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Did you check out the link showing the talk show ratings? Rush is on top by a mile, and the libs are far behind eating his dust

that doesn't change the fact that people turn him off when the commercials stop and he starts talking!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 11:19 AM
that doesn't change the fact that people turn him off when the commercials stop and he starts talking!:laugh2:

Which means he makes money for the stations and the sponsors which is why he is on the air

To bad the libs can't attract an audience, sponsors, or radio stations

retiredman
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Which means he makes money for the stations and the sponsors which is why he is on the air

To bad the libs can't attract an audience, sponsors, or radio stations

no doubt. the fact remains. many people listen to his show for the commercials and change channels when the flaming gasbag starts to bloviate!

glockmail
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
no doubt. the fact remains. many people listen to his show for the commercials and change channels when the flaming gasbag starts to bloviate!
You totally ignore the poit the the "flaming gasbag" makes most of his own commercials. :laugh2:

retiredman
04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
You totally ignore the poit the the "flaming gasbag" makes most of his own commercials. :laugh2:
:link:??

red states rule
04-08-2008, 11:31 AM

Well for starters, how about Rush's multi year $285 million contract he has with Premiere Radio Network?

retiredman
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Well for starters, how about Rush's multi year $285 million contract he has with Premiere Radio Network?

does that state that he makes most of his own commercials?

red states rule
04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
does that state that he makes most of his own commercials?

He is making money off liberals by mocking what they say and do

Without sponsors, their would be no Rush Limbaugh Show

Something Dead Air Amercia forgot about :lol:

glockmail
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
:link:?? You commented on it, and you don't know the background? :lol:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
You commented on it, and you don't know the background? :lol:

When has that ever stopped him?

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
You commented on it, and you don't know the background? :lol:

I don't buy your bullshit about Rush making MOST of his commercials and asked you for some proof of that, other than your say so.

is that really that hard for you to understand?

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
He is making money off liberals by mocking what they say and do

Without sponsors, their would be no Rush Limbaugh Show

Something Dead Air Amercia forgot about :lol:

and your own article states that more people listen to the commercials than listen to Rush himself. why do you think that is?:laugh2:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't buy your bullshit about Rush making MOST of his commercials and asked you for some proof of that, other than your say so.

is that really that hard for you to understand?

You usually do not buy the truth, only what you are told by the DNC and the kook left web sites

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Now Rush can raise his ad rates since the ratings are higher, and make even more money :lol:

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:11 PM
You usually do not buy the truth, only what you are told by the DNC and the kook left web sites

if it is indeed the "truth" that Rusm makes MOST of his own ads, it should be easy for you and your buddy to produce some link to some objective news source that reports that "truth".

Let me know when you find it.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
if it is indeed the "truth" that Rusm makes MOST of his own ads, it should be easy for you and your buddy to produce some link to some objective news source that reports that "truth".

Once again you are running away from the facts MFM. You are so pissed libs can't compete with Rush and Sean; you think dismissing his huge success will make that success go away

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Once again you are running away from the facts MFM. You are so pissed libs can't compete with Rush and Sean; you think dismissing his huge success will make that success go away

Again. I have no doubt of the strength of the audience for conservative talk radio.

It is YOU who are unable to support your own - and your buddy's - statements. If Rush does indeed make MOST of his own commercials, it should be easy for you to produce a link that shows that.

If not, you should not support glock's assertions as to that.

And if not, can you explain why your own link shows that people turn OFF his show when the commercials are over? Why do more people listen to the commercials on Rush's radio show than listen to Rush himself talk?

Care to address that point or will you run away from this argument like you so often do?

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Or it could be because his show is full of commercials. I always tune in during lunch time. I usually tune in right during commercials, by the time I get home he is on air but I've got to turn the radio off. Same when going back to work.

Remember most of his audience are working conservatives, we have schedules of our own. :coffee:

glockmail
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM

is that really that hard for you to understand? If you listened to his show for ten minutes of the last ten years you wouldn't appear to be so stupid.

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM

Rush, like most any radio host, does alot of his own commercials.

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Again. I have no doubt of the strength of the audience for conservative talk radio.

It is YOU who are unable to support your own - and your buddy's - statements. If Rush does indeed make MOST of his own commercials, it should be easy for you to produce a link that shows that.

If not, you should not support glock's assertions as to that.

And if not, can you explain why your own link shows that people turn OFF his show when the commercials are over? Why do more people listen to the commercials on Rush's radio show than listen to Rush himself talk?

Care to address that point or will you run away from this argument like you so often do?

MFM, you are so desperate to try and diminish Rush (you clowns have failed to do so for the 20 years)

Rush has a multi year $285 million contract, on nearly 600 radio stations, and has top sponors buying expensive ad time

All that is not enough for you? So what? You and your lib buddies have been unable to compete with him, so you try ingnoring his success and looking for anything to try and say Rush is losong his touch

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
MFM, you are so desperate to try and diminish Rush (you clowns have failed to do so for the 20 years)

Rush has a multi year $285 million contract, on nearly 600 radio stations, and has top sponors buying expensive ad time

All that is not enough for you? So what? You and your lib buddies have been unable to compete with him, so you try ingnoring his success and looking for anything to try and say Rush is losong his touch

I listen to Rush myself sometimes. I am not trying to diminish Rush.

YOU posted an article...clearly you didn't bother to READ it before you posted it....it contains the following statement:

The study found that Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was greatest during commercials, beating his share during on-air segments by 0.18 percentage point.

again...that is from YOUR article that started this thead. Can you explain that statement? Can you explain why people turn Rush OFF when he starts to talk and turn his show ON when there are commercials....which is exactly the opposite behavior of most television watchers, who switch channels to AVOID commercials?

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I listen to Rush myself sometimes. I am not trying to diminish Rush.

YOU posted an article...clearly you didn't bother to READ it before you posted it....it contains the following statement:

again...that is from YOUR article that started this thead. Can you explain that statement? Can you explain why people turn Rush OFF when he starts to talk and turn his show ON when there are commercials....which is exactly the opposite behavior of most television watchers, who switch channels to AVOID commercials?

Again trying to downplay his success? You libs would love to have .18% of Rush's listeners - maybe then you would be able to make some money in talk radio

Now that Rush has higher ratings during his ads, Rush can jack the ad rates up

Keep trying to dismiss Rush and how he rules talk radio MFM

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Again trying to downplay his success? You libs would love to have .18% of Rush's listeners - maybe then you would be able to make some money in talk radio

Now that Rush has higher ratings during his ads, Rush can jack the ad rates up

Keep trying to dismiss Rush and how he rules talk radio MFM

can't quite bring yourself to explain that sentence from your own article!

what a cut and paste brainless hack you are! It is one thing when you cannot address statements that I make, but when you cannot even defend and explain statements that you yourself have cut and pasted into threads, it really is hilarious:laugh2:

red states rule
04-08-2008, 12:41 PM
can't quite bring yourself to explain that sentence from your own article!

what a cut and paste brainless hack you are! It is one thing when you cannot address statements that I make, but when you cannot even defend and explain statements that you yourself have cut and pasted into threads, it really is hilarious:laugh2:

Desperate now eh?

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM

I explained why I do just that. Wouldn't be surprised if thats the case for most other people.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=228157&postcount=29

retiredman
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Desperate now eh?
not at all. YOU cut and pasted an article. The article says:

I asked you to explain why people would turn off Rush when the commercials were over.

Got an answer for that?

April15
04-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Still using this tired old mantra? You keep repeating this lie that was told to you in hopes that someone will belive it, yet you are incapable of defending it. :lol:It is not the mantra that is tired it is those defending what it says who are tired. When fantasy is promoted as truth those who support it become suspect to questions of reasoning.

theHawk
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
It is not the mantra that is tired it is those defending what it says who are tired. When fantasy is promoted as truth those who support it become suspect to questions of reasoning.

Wow, now you understand why us conservatives question the reasoning of liberal moonbats!

Hobbit
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM

http://www.accessnorthga.com/

Go to the navigation bar on the far left to the link that says 'online radio.' Click that link and select 'WDUN' between noon and 3 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Now, listen until you hear a commercial break and write down the names of all commercials that Rush doesn't do himself that aren't local ads inserted by the radio station.

Now that I've provided a link to something effortlessly observed by millions of people on a daily basis, I'll give a few more that you've probably missed.

The Sky is Blue (http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html)

The Grass is Green (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99087.htm)

Water is Wet (http://homepage.univie.ac.at/Franz.Vesely/sp_english/sp/node1.html)

Perhaps you'd like a link showing that the sun is bright or that gravity pulls objects towards each other or perhaps a link showing that Rosie O'Donnell is fat.

MtnBiker
04-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Uh, less then a quarter of one percent difference in listeners from commercial time to program time is that big of a deal? When are most commercials aired? At the top of the hour and at the half hour I would think. When do people roam their radio dial? If Rush was losing several percentage points during program time rather than gaining a fraction of a percent during profitable time he might be worried. More than likely he is laughing all the way to the bank that his succesfull capitalistic business model is working quite well.

gabosaurus
04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
RSR needs to stay away from the heat lamp. It is frying what little is left of his brain.

theHawk
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
RSR needs to stay away from the heat lamp. It is frying what little is left of his brain.

You would know what thats like, right?

retiredman
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Uh, less then a quarter of one percent difference in listeners from commercial time to program time is that big of a deal? When are most commercials aired? At the top of the hour and at the half hour I would think. When do people roam their radio dial? If Rush was losing several percentage points during program time rather than gaining a fraction of a percent during profitable time he might be worried. More than likely he is laughing all the way to the bank that his succesfull capitalistic business model is working quite well.

I never said it was a huge deal...it is just yet another example of RSR spamming the board with articles he hasn't even read.

ho hum

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:22 AM
[QUOTE=manfrommaine;228392]I never said it was a huge deal/QUOTE]

Oh really? You acted like Rush was tanking in the ratings

retiredman
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
I never said it was a huge deal

Oh really? You acted like Rush was tanking in the ratings

no I didn't...I just pointed out that you post crap and don't even bother to read it and cannot explain what you post.

Your article clearly states that more folks listen to Rush's commercials than listen to Rush himself. That was funny and you were completely unaware that it was even IN your spam and therefore could not even address the point!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
no I didn't...I just pointed out that you post crap and don't even bother to read it and cannot explain what you post.

Your article clearly states that more folks listen to Rush's commercials than listen to Rush himself. That was funny and you were completely unaware that it was even IN your spam and therefore could not even address the point!:laugh2:

I did see where his ads have a miniscule increase in ratings. I pointed out how he can raise his ad rates

Meanwhile, you try and diminish Rush's huge success by trying to twist the numbers. You can't accept the fact you guys can't compete with Rush, or most of the conservatve talk show hosts

retiredman
04-09-2008, 07:04 AM
I did see where his ads have a miniscule increase in ratings. I pointed out how he can raise his ad rates

Meanwhile, you try and diminish Rush's huge success by trying to twist the numbers. You can't accept the fact you guys can't compete with Rush, or most of the conservatve talk show hosts

Rush is hugely successful by selling hatred and intolerance. I would not attempt to diminish his success.

I asked you to explain why more people listen to his ads than listen to him and you couldn't explain it and still have not even attempted to explain it.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Rush is hugely successful by selling hatred and intolerance. ......
Prove it.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=manfrommaine;228459]Rush is hugely successful by selling hatred and intolerance. IQUOTE]

This from the "man" who defends the racist Obama and his hate whitey pastor :lol:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Prove it.

his success is a matter of record!

red states rule
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
his success is a matter of record!

and so is your defense of real racists

retiredman
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
and so is your defense of real racists

try to stay on topic!:lol:

MtnBiker
04-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I asked you to explain why more people listen to his ads than listen to him and you couldn't explain it and still have not even attempted to explain it.

from the article;

Warren Kurtzman, the vice president of Coleman, said that Mr. Limbaugh’s audience tuned in during commercials so as not to miss the beginning of each segment. “His shares at the beginning of each hour are tremendous,” Mr. Kurtzman said.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 09:00 AM
try to stay on topic!:lol:

You are the one who brought up selling hate and intolerance - you are an expert defending those who really do sell hate and intolerance

glockmail
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
his success is a matter of record! Whouda thunk you'd run from this one? :lol:

Let me be more specific: prove your statement that Rush Limbaugh is "selling hatred and intolerance".

MtnBiker
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Let me be more specific: prove your statement that Rush Limbaugh is "selling hatred and intolerance".

Isn't that an opinion? It cannot be proved or disproved.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Isn't that an opinion? It cannot be proved or disproved.

exactly. glock says prove it...I say disprove it.... we both have our opinions.

glock does that a lot!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-09-2008, 09:11 AM

To you hate is Rush telling the truth about liberals

But it is not hate for Obama, and his mentor to have racist views about whites and America

diuretic
04-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Many people are very jealous of the success of Rush. He makes money, his stations make money, and his sponsors make money

Rush is not the King of talk radio for nothing

He's smart. Very smart. He knows exactly what buttons to push. Good luck to him, he's making a mint out of it.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
He's smart. Very smart. He knows exactly what buttons to push. Good luck to him, he's making a mint out of it.

and driving the Dems, and the liberal media up a wall at the same time :lol:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Gee, how did I know that you'd fall back on your "opinion" crap again.

Hate and intolerance should be easy for you to prove. We've got "hate crime" legislation after all. All you need to do is show where he has repeatedly expressed hatred or intolerance towards another race, gender or ethnicity.

Prediction: maineman will dance and spin like a top on this one.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM

Hate and intolerance should be easy for you to prove. We've got "hate crime" legislation after all. All you need to do is show where he has repeatedly expressed hatred or intolerance towards another race, gender or ethnicity.

You must be psychic Glock

That is exactly what MFM will do. His famous Liberal Two - Step jig

diuretic
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM
and driving the Dems, and the liberal media up a wall at the same time :lol:

I bought one of his books. I remember it clearly, it was in a bookshop cum cafe in Cortez, Colorado.

Why do I remember it so clearly?

I'm traumatised! :laugh2:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM

no spin whatsoever. It is certainly my opinion that Rush Limbaugh preaches intolerance of liberal ideas and that he stirs up hatred for liberals and their beliefs. If you disagree with that opinion, that is certainly your right to do so.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
no spin whatsoever. It is certainly my opinion that Rush Limbaugh preaches intolerance of liberal ideas and that he stirs up hatred for liberals and their beliefs. If you disagree with that opinion, that is certainly your right to do so.

We were both right Glock

He did his dance as you predicited

And I was right when MFM calls hate telling the truth about liberal ideas and "principals"

glockmail
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
As usual, your opinion is not backed up by facts, and you are unable to do so. But then again, you are a Democrat, so this type of behaivior is expected.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 10:23 AM
As usual, your opinion is not backed up by facts, and you are unable to do so. But then again, you are a Democrat, so this type of behaivior is expected.

are ou suggesting that all of your opinions are backed up by facts?

theHawk
04-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Oh, and liberals preach tolerance of conservative ideas? Get real MFM. Of course Rush "preaches" intolerance of liberal ideaology and the methods liberal politicians use, because it stands counter to everything conservative. But all he really does in his "preaching" is play audio and read quotes from the liberal politicians or activists themselves. He lets them speak for themselves and simply points out the hypocracy, and lunacy of the statements.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, and liberals preach tolerance of conservative ideas? Get real MFM. Of course Rush "preaches" intolerance of liberal ideaology and the methods liberal politicians use, because it stands counter to everything conservative. But all he really does in his "preaching" is play audio and read quotes from the liberal politicians or activists themselves. He lets them speak for themselves and simply points out the hypocracy, and lunacy of the statements.

and Rush has gone after RINO's like McCain and others, who walked away from Ronald Reagan conservatives

Rush does not play favorites

retiredman
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh, and liberals preach tolerance of conservative ideas? Get real MFM.

now...if you could find ONE place where I have ever stated or suggested or even obliquely inferred that liberals preach tolerance of conservative ideas, that would be REAL nice. Any chance of you doing that anytime soon?

DragonStryk72
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM

By ALEX MINDLIN

Rush Limbaugh’s fans are at their most numerous when he is not even speaking. That is among the findings of a study by Coleman Insights, a radio consulting firm, that uses newly available minute-by-minute listener data from New York, Philadelphia and Houston to map the ebb and flow of Mr. Limbaugh’s audience.

The study also found that Mr. Limbaugh did worst during minutes in which he was expressing approval, with a 5.43 percent average share of listeners. He had 5.71 percent of listeners when expressing negative opinions and 5.81 percent when he was neutral. “People are tuning in to hear his beefs with the world,” Mr. Kurtzman said. ALEX MINDLIN

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/07/business/media/07drill.html?_r=2&ref=us&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

He is a coward, a hypocrite, and a liar who should be tossed in jail for his drug, just as he has said of some many other drug abusers. That's about it for me on this subject.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
He is a coward, a hypocrite, and a liar who should be tossed in jail for his drug, just as he has said of some many other drug abusers. That's about it for me on this subject.

Are you a drive by poster? Stop, spray your shots, then leave

retiredman
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Are you a drive by poster? Stop, spray your shots, then leave

you can't deny the hypocrisy of Rush's stance on drug use.

He is kind of an OXYmoron, if you will.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM

He is kind of an OXYmoron, if you will.

HE was not dealing it, he fessed up, and it is a mute issue

It is all the libs have when they attack Rush - they have nothing else left

glockmail
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
are ou suggesting that all of your opinions are backed up by facts?
We are talking about you here, Miestro. :lame2:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
We are talking about you here, Miestro. :lame2:

not all of my opinions are backed up by facts... not all of yours are either MAESTRO. :lol:

red states rule
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
not all of my opinions are backed up by facts... not all of yours are either MAESTRO. :lol:

You would not know a fact if it bit you on the ass

You ignore them and hope they go away

retiredman
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
You would not know a fact if it bit you on the ass

You ignore them and hope they go away

are you ready to discuss some facts with me? Can we go back to some of those other threads and you can actually debate some facts? really?

just give me the word. :laugh2:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't call anyone the shit you did without a basis. But that's just me. If you don't have any integrity I guess it doesn't matter.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't call anyone the shit you did without a basis. But that's just me. If you don't have any integrity I guess it doesn't matter.

I have a great deal of integrity. I just happen to believe that Rush Limbaugh preaches intolerance and stirs hatred... but he is an entertainer...and he keeps his audience entertained with intolerance. it works.

but for a fat ugly little shit who used a sore ass as a reason to avoid serving his country, and as a oxycontin junkie, he is certainly one of the more hypocritical comedians I have ever listened to.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I have a great deal of integrity. I just happen to believe that Rush Limbaugh preaches intolerance and stirs hatred... but he is an entertainer...and he keeps his audience entertained with intolerance. it works.

but for a fat ugly little shit who used a sore ass as a reason to avoid serving his country, and as a oxycontin junkie, he is certainly one of the more hypocritical comedians I have ever listened to.

It depends on what the meaning of integrity is

retiredman
04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
It depends on what the meaning of integrity is

you may not LIKE me, RSR, and you are well aware that the feeling is mutual. But my INTEGRITY should never be questioned.

I actually think that, even though you are incapable of stringing any original thoughts together to form any constructive arguments on your own and rely on cut and paste opeds ad infinitum, you probably are an HONEST man.

I do not question your integrity, just your intelligence.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
you may not LIKE me, RSR, and you are well aware that the feeling is mutual. But my INTEGRITY should never be questioned.

I actually think that, even though you are incapable of stringing any original thoughts together to form any constructive arguments on your own and rely on cut and paste opeds ad infinitum, you probably are an HONEST man.

I do not question your integrity, just your intelligence.

Your integrity has never been questioned. Come to think of it, up until now it has never been mentioned :lol:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 01:13 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Yeah, you've got a mountain of integrity. :pee:

red states rule
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

Yeah, you've got a mountain of integrity. :pee:

A mountain big enough to fertilize several farms for the season

retiredman
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
you've got a mountain of integrity.

thank you....

as do you, sir.:salute:

midcan5
04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I have listened to Rush and I wonder how one can listen to him. Imagine if all I offered was a criticism of another. Find me one of them - insert your particular pejorative term here for a race, a religion, an ethnic group, or a political philosophy. So why the appeal? Does he tell people what they want to hear? And if so is all they want to hear a negative against another? This piece for those interested is worth the read. http://www.cursor.org/stories/fascismintroduction.php

theHawk
04-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I have listened to Rush and I wonder how one can listen to him. Imagine if all I offered was a criticism of another. Find me one of them - insert your particular pejorative term here for a race, a religion, an ethnic group, or a political philosophy. So why the appeal? Does he tell people what they want to hear? And if so is all they want to hear a negative against another? This piece for those interested is worth the read. http://www.cursor.org/stories/fascismintroduction.php

:rolleyes:

It amazes me you liberals can't understand the appeal of someone like Rush. Someone who actually tells the truth about what is going on in American politics. The truth about what's going on in our country, and how the socialist liberals are trying to do to transform our country into a marxist utopia.

Hobbit
04-09-2008, 03:28 PM
thank you....

as do you, sir.:salute:

Gentlemen, BEHOLD! The mighty 'takes one to know one' gambit combined with the classic 'I know you are, but what am I' defense. Together, the two are FLAWLESS!

MtnBiker
04-09-2008, 03:47 PM

I'm trying to get up to speed. I only listen to Limbaugh on occasion, what is his stance on drug use and how do you know his stance?

glockmail
04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I have listened to Rush and I wonder how one can listen to him. Imagine if all I offered was a criticism of another. .... I see that you haven't listened that much. So why do you listen to your beloved Democrat leaders about the Iraq War, the environment or the economy?

Hobbit
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm trying to get up to speed. I only listen to Limbaugh on occasion, what is his stance on drug use and how do you know his stance?

He has said before that people who continue to abuse or deal in illegal drugs shouldn't be pandered so much to and should be forced to pay the penalty, rather than being coddled. Then, he was later caught abusing oxycontin, which he became addicted to when it was prescribed for him. He went to rehab, got off the stuff (not aware of any prosecution) and that's it. However, libs like to draw parallels between him and people who get addicted to crack so they can call him a hypocrite.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM

a few years back he was quite clear that everyone who abuses drugs should be sent to prison.

and then he gets caught with a barrel full of oxycontin... a junkie.

oops.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
He has said before that people who continue to abuse or deal in illegal drugs shouldn't be pandered so much to and should be forced to pay the penalty, rather than being coddled. Then, he was later caught abusing oxycontin, which he became addicted to when it was prescribed for him. He went to rehab, got off the stuff (not aware of any prosecution) and that's it. However, libs like to draw parallels between him and people who get addicted to crack so they can call him a hypocrite.

so some people who get addicted to drugs and buy them illegally are different that other people who get addicted to drugs and buy them illegally?

sure....I guess if you're rich and white you can do whatever the fuck you want to.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
a few years back he was quite clear that everyone who abuses drugs should be sent to prison.

and then he gets caught with a barrel full of oxycontin... a junkie.

oops.:link:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
:link:

you gotta be kidding me.

Are you suggesting that Limbaugh was not caught with a large quantity of oxycontin that he obtained illegally? :laugh2:

glockmail
04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
you gotta be kidding me.

Are you suggesting that Limbaugh was not caught with a large quantity of oxycontin that he obtained illegally? :laugh2:

I'd like to see it documented where he said "everyone who abuses drugs should be sent to prison" as well as had a "barrel" quantity of dugs.

But of course you will spin, dance, and then tell me that this is merely "your opinion" and therefore doesn't really need to have any basis. :lol:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see it documented where he said "everyone who abuses drugs should be sent to prison" as well as had a "barrel" quantity of dugs.

But of course you will spin, dance, and then tell me that this is merely "your opinion" and therefore doesn't really need to have any basis. :lol:

and people who ask for quotes are...what?

trolls?

"barrel" was a colloquialism.

Rush's quote is:

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too"

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/rushlimbaugh/a/limbaughquotes.htm

glockmail
04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
:lame2: Is that the best you can do? I don't recall him "getting away" with it at all.

retiredman
04-09-2008, 05:32 PM
:lame2: Is that the best you can do? I don't recall him "getting away" with it at all.

he didn't "get away" with drug use. He got caught. But he didn't get the punishment he had previously advocated...in fact, he used the services of the ACLU to help him AVOID doing any time at all.

that is what is called a hypocrite.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
he didn't "get away" with drug use. He got caught. But he didn't get the punishment he had previously advocated...in fact, he used the services of the ACLU to help him AVOID doing any time at all.

that is what is called a hypocrite.

I'm sure it cost him plenty to avoid jail. That's not what I would call "getting away with it". Our opinions differ yet again. :laugh2:

So anyone defended by the ACLU is a hypocrite, or just conservatives?

retiredman
04-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm sure it cost him plenty to avoid jail. That's not what I would call "getting away with it". Our opinions differ yet again. :laugh2:

a rich man with pays some money and avoids being somebody's toothless jailhouse wife? Yeah...I'd say that's "getting away with it"...

and the point was, he WAS getting away with it... and slamming so many oxy's that he went deaf... and then, when he DID get caught, he didn't take the punsihment he himself had advocated and bought his way out of it. Justice for the rich looks different than justice for the poor in America.

and anyone who rails against the ACLU on their radio show and talks about what a horrid un-American organization it is, and then gets defended by them IS a hypocrite. But I guess, hypocrisy looks different from where you are.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
So how many oxy abusers end up in jail? :coffee:

retiredman
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
So how many oxy abusers end up in jail? :coffee:

what does that have to do with Rush's double hypocrisy?:lol:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 06:17 AM

What libs forget to mention is all charges were dropped against Rush once he completed treatment, and paid a fine

Damn, those pesky facts are making thier way into the discussion again

glockmail
04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
what does that have to do with Rush's double hypocrisy?:lol: It points out the silliness of your demand that he pay a higher cost for his crime than other folk- your hypocrisy.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
It points out the silliness of your demand that he pay a higher cost for his crime than other folk- your hypocrisy.

and I thought liberals answer to any crime is counseling

glockmail
04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
and I thought liberals answer to any crime is counseling
Mainly because of campaign contributions by the pshrink lobby, no doubt! :coffee:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Mainly because of campaign contributions by the pshrink lobby, no doubt! :coffee:

and the trial lawyers who make the plea deals

retiredman
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
It points out the silliness of your demand that he pay a higher cost for his crime than other folk- your hypocrisy.

do you have any proof that spending time in a jail cell is a "higher cost" than typical criminals caught with large quantities of oxycontin pay?

I am not asking Rush to pay a HIGHER price...I am merely suggesting that he pay the same price as he himself advocated for those who commit that crime.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 09:37 AM
do you have any proof that spending time in a jail cell is a "higher cost" than typical criminals caught with large quantities of oxycontin pay?

I am not asking Rush to pay a HIGHER price...I am merely suggesting that he pay the same price as he himself advocated for those who commit that crime.

Nice tapdance MFM

bullypulpit
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM

By ALEX MINDLIN

<blockquote>Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was <b>greatest during commercials</b>...</blockquote>

You really don't appreciate the irony, do you.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
<blockquote>Mr. Limbaugh’s share of radio listeners was <b>greatest during commercials</b>...</blockquote>

You really don't appreciate the irony, do you.

Because people tune in near the top of hour not to miss the start of the next hour

Besides, now Rush can raise his ad rates and make more money :lol:

If only your liberal talk show hosts could have that fraction of a ratings Rush has

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Because people tune in near the top of hour not to miss the start of the next hour

Besides, now Rush can raise his ad rates and make more money :lol:

If only your liberal talk show hosts could have that fraction of a ratings Rush has

how do you know that people don't tune in near the top of the hour to hear the commercials? :laugh2:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
how do you know that people don't tune in near the top of the hour to hear the commercials? :laugh2:

from the link

MFF pawned again

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
from the link

MFF pawned again

"pawned"! you are so hip with your online gamer terminology, RSR!:laugh2:

Kurtzman could not know that from his data. it was a supposition.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:31 AM
"pawned"! you are so hip with your online gamer terminology, RSR!:laugh2:

Kurtzman could not know that from his data. it was a supposition.

Once again you blew it MFM, ranting without knowledge of the facts

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Are not talk shows businesses?

Limbaugh's audience goes up during profitable air time, how is that bad?

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM

It is bad for the left.

Rush makes money, adds stations, and gets the truth about liberals out to even more people

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Once again you blew it MFM, ranting without knowledge of the facts

the FACT is: more folks listen to Rush's commercials than listen to Rush himself.

WHY that happens is open to speculation, but regardless, it is a funny bit of factual information.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:37 AM

ok... now why don't you go show me someplace where I ever said it was "bad"?

That'd be real nice.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
ok... now why don't you go show me someplace where I ever said it was "bad"?

That'd be real nice.

Did I quote you as saying it was bad? Go show me someplace where I quoted you as say as such.

That'd be real nice.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
why then would you ask the question you did in #120?

Was it not based upon your view that someone had said or implied that being profitable was bad?

If I misunderstood your question...if it did not have any relationship to what anyone had previously posted, if it was only an unrelated "Tourette's moment", my apologies.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Was it not based upon your view that someone had said or implied that being profitable was bad?

If I misunderstood your question...if it did not have any relationship to what anyone had previously posted, if it was only an unrelated "Tourette's moment", my apologies.

Yawn......

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Yawn......

is that a variation of "pawn"? :lol:

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 10:46 AM

Are you suggesting I cannot inject additional thought in a thread, and in this case based on the original post?

You know what manfrommaine, it is not all about you.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Ok, I'll try this again and preface the question be letting everybody know this question is in general, not directed toward anyone in particular.

In the context of a talk show being a profitable business.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Are you suggesting I cannot inject additional thought in a thread, and in this case based on the original post?

You know what manfrommaine, it is not all about you.

no..it is all about Rush...

and looking back, I see nothing in the original post (from a noted Rush fan) that would suggest that there was anything wrong with being profitable. I just was unaware where you came up with anyone saying or even implying that making money on ads was bad.

Like a news report about Ryan Newman winning the Daytona 500.... and, from out of nowhere you pop up and say..."I thought the object of stock car racing was to be the fastest around the track. How is being the fastest car a BAD thing????"
I just didn't understand the pretense.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
no..it is all about Rush...

and looking back, I see nothing in the original post (from a noted Rush fan) that would suggest that there was anything wrong with being profitable. I just was unaware where you came up with anyone saying or even implying that making money on ads was bad.

Like a news report about Ryan Newman winning the Daytona 500.... and, from out of nowhere you pop up and say..."I thought the object of stock car racing was to be the fastest around the track. How is being the fastest car a BAD thing????"
I just didn't understand the pretense.

There are alot of things you do not understand

Your lack of common sense may be the problem.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
There are alot of things you do not understand

Your lack of common sense may be the problem.

so... all you got is insults? how does that advance the debate?

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:13 AM
so... all you got is insults? how does that advance the debate?

YOU complaining about someone using insults?

That is like Al Copone whining about Bugs Moran engaging in bootlegging :lol:

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:34 AM
YOU complaining about someone using insults?

That is like Al Copone whining about Bugs Moran engaging in bootlegging :lol:

are you the only one who is allowed to complain about insults? :laugh2:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
are you the only one who is allowed to complain about insults? :laugh2:

Not me

You are the one crying like a baby - something you are doing more and more recently

retiredman
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Not me

You are the one crying like a baby - something you are doing more and more recently

should I go back and get all of the posts where you complain that I have insulted you? Should I count up the neg reps you have given me for just that reason?:laugh2:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 12:12 PM
should I go back and get all of the posts where you complain that I have insulted you? Should I count up the neg reps you have given me for just that reason?:laugh2:

If it makes you happy

If it is possible for you to be happy

retiredman
04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
If it makes you happy

If it is possible for you to be happy

spending time researching your inane whining would certainly not make me happy.

taking a walk with my dogs this afternoon would make me happy... watching the red sox win this evening would make me happy...spending your $500 WOULD make me happy...but wait...I forgot...you already reneged on that bet! :laugh2: Reminding you of how you welch on bets makes me happy. Lots of things make me happy, but very few things about YOU other than that, make me happy.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
spending time researching your inane whining would certainly not make me happy.

taking a walk with my dogs this afternoon would make me happy... watching the red sox win this evening would make me happy...spending your $500 WOULD make me happy...but wait...I forgot...you already reneged on that bet! :laugh2: Reminding you of how you welch on bets makes me happy. Lots of things make me happy, but very few things about YOU other than that, make me happy.

In other words you cant back up another rant

Nothing new

retiredman
04-10-2008, 12:40 PM
In other words you cant back up another rant

Nothing new

rant? I laughed at you. not a rant, RSR.... you neg rep me all the time for insulting you...but feel free to insult me all the time. I don't care. It's just funny. You are generally a source of great humor for me. I find you pathetically funny.... you are so predictably stupid, I almost feel guilty laughing at you. but that's not ranting. it's joyous laughter, pal!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
rant? I laughed at you. not a rant, RSR.... you neg rep me all the time for insulting you...but feel free to insult me all the time. I don't care. It's just funny. You are generally a source of great humor for me. I find you pathetically funny.... you are so predictably stupid, I almost feel guilty laughing at you. but that's not ranting. it's joyous laughter, pal!:laugh2:

I have negged you what 5 or 6 times over the last year?

Poor baby, you are always whining about other "insulting" you, or attacking your service and partiotism

You cry more then a newborn

glockmail
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM

I asked you how many oxy users like Rush have spent time in jail for that and and am still waiting for your answer. Once again the facts don't support your argument so you spin and dance.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I asked you how many oxy users like Rush have spent time in jail for that and and am still waiting for your answer. Once again the facts don't support your argument so you spin and dance.

I don't know and I don't care. I really don't spend a lot of time monitoring the application of federal sentencing guidelines for illegal possession of large quantities of schedule II drugs.

If there are any other oxycontin users who previously claimed on national radio that drug users should all be sent upriver, I hope that they are there. Rush should be.

My argument is that he said that people who committed the very crime he did should be sent upriver and when HE was caught, HE didn't volunteer to go but went so far as to use the dreaded ACLU to help him avoid jail. He's a hypocrite...and for you to continue to defend him about this point is laughable.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 03:12 PM
the FACT is: more folks listen to Rush's commercials than listen to Rush himself.

WHY that happens is open to speculation, but regardless, it is a funny bit of factual information.

Help me understand something.

Radio talk shows are businesses, one of their functions is to make a profit. The means by which radio talk shows do this is to sell commercial time during the program.

Ok, let's look at the numbers from the article. The share of listeners rises .18 percent during commercials. So for every 100,000 listeners during a profitable time the audience rises an additional 1,800 listeners.

How is that funny?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Help me understand something.

Radio talk shows are businesses, one of their functions is to make a profit. The means by which radio talk shows do this is to sell commercial time during the program.

Ok, let's look at the numbers from the article. The share of listeners rises .18 percent during commercials. So for every 100,000 listeners during a profitable time the audience rises an additional 1,800 listeners.

How is that funny?

If you don't think its funny that more people listen to Rush's commercials than actually listen to him, I am sorry. I find that funny.

Clearly, our senses of humor are worlds apart.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
If you don't think its funny that more people listen to Rush's commercials than actually listen to him, I am sorry. I find that funny.

Clearly, our senses of humor are worlds apart.

It seems a win win for the Limbaugh program. He has an audience that listens to his program and then the audience grows at profitable times.

Is if funny because the show is very successful?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
It seems a win win for the Limbaugh program. He has an audience that listens to his program and then the audience grows at profitable times.

Is if funny because the show is very successful?

forget it. It's like explaining a joke.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM

Is this not a true statement?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Is this not a true statement?

and then, when the "profitable times" stop, and he starts speaking again, the audience shrinks!

Jesus, you can't really be this numb. Have you ever laughed at a joke in your life?

Leave it alone biker.... the humor is obviously wasted on you. Let's just agree that you don't think it's funny and I do.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
At my local movie theater they show advertisments before movies and movie previews while people are entering the theater and getting situated. I'm not sure if this is done all over the country or not but lets us it as an example. The rates the movie theater charges for the advertising time would be based on audience size. So in the course of a week let's say 10,000 people visit the theater to watch moives. However after some study they come to find out an additional 180 people come just to watch the commercials and then leave.

I suppose that is funny. Funny that people would do that. However at the same time admiration for the theater because they created such a pleasant experience as to draw in an additional 180 people for advertising purposes. The theater did not loose any audience numbers for the moives only gained audience numbers during advertising time that would therefore make them more profitable.

red states rule
04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
forget it. It's like explaining a joke.

OK, explain yourself

retiredman
04-10-2008, 07:36 PM
OK, explain yourself

what a funny little man you are. like a yappy little dog. stupid one liners... NEVER able to defend your own assertions.

Are you ever gonna get back to that thread where you made all those assertions about the democrat's letter to Bush or are you content to just bluff you way out of it?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
At my local movie theater they show advertisments before movies and movie previews while people are entering the theater and getting situated. I'm not sure if this is done all over the country or not but lets us it as an example. The rates the movie theater charges for the advertising time would be based on audience size. So in the course of a week let's say 10,000 people visit the theater to watch moives. However after some study they come to find out an additional 180 people come just to watch the commercials and then leave.

I suppose that is funny. Funny that people would do that. However at the same time admiration for the theater because they created such a pleasant experience as to draw in an additional 180 people for advertising purposes. The theater did not loose any audience numbers for the moives only gained audience numbers during advertising time that would therefore make them more profitable.

yeah...I am sure that Rush's loyal dittoheads have figured that out and that is what THEY do too! [/sarcasm off]

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
yeah...I am sure that Rush's loyal dittoheads have figured that out and that is what THEY do too! [/sarcasm off]

An assumption, can you substantiate the .18% increase are from Rush's loyal dittoheads? Or could an equal assumption be made that the .18% increase is from causual and new listeners?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
An assumption, can you substantiate the .18% increase are from Rush's loyal dittoheads? Or could an equal assumption be made that the .18% increase is from causual and new listeners?

I really don't care who they are. The point is that some number of people turn IN to Rush's ads, and turn OUT when he comes on. And I thought that was funny. And YOU want to count fucking angels dancing on the head of fucking pins and talk about what was a silly little thing that I thought was funny AD INFINITUM because you don't "get" the humor in it has drained all the humor OUT of it.

thanks shitloads.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Why are you cursing so much? Are you upset?

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I really don't care who they are.

Yet you qualified them as "Rush's loyal dittoheads", you must have cared enough to do that.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Why are you cursing so much? Are you upset?

I'm a sailor. I curse a lot.

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Yet you qualified them as "Rush's loyal dittoheads", you must have cared enough to do that.

your telling me I MUST care about something does not, in fact, mean that I care about it.... I don't in fact give a shit. It was a funny little part of the OP...It made me laugh. I am sorry that you didn't find it amusing. really I am. Now, let's drop it, shall we?

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
your telling me I MUST care about something does not, in fact, mean that I care about it.... I don't in fact give a shit. It was a funny little part of the OP...It made me laugh. I am sorry that you didn't find it amusing. really I am. Now, let's drop it, shall we?

Ok, you don't care, you were however compelled to write "Rush's loyal dittoheads", which you cannot substantiate without making an equal assumption that the .18% increase is from causual and new listeners.

Are you going to curse some more?

retiredman
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Are you going to curse some more?

in this thread? I don't think so... but that depends on how much longer you drag it out.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Now, let's drop it, shall we?

Just a brief summation;

You found something funny from the article in the original post.I questioned why it was funny that a business model proves to be more successful at profitable times. You wouldn't explain it and I can't be that numb. By asking the question I have drained all of the humor out of it. You curse because you are a sailor. The type of listener during the increase can only be an assumption, a sarcastic assumption in your case. And after 11 pages in this thread all we really know is the Limbaugh audience increases at profitable air time.

Yes, we can drop it.

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:35 AM
after 11 pages in this thread all we really know is the Limbaugh audience increases at profitable air time.

Yes, we can drop it.

and that same audience, for some unknown reason, DROPS when the great bloviator himself begins to speak. A fact that, to some, is humorous. consider it dropped

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:38 AM
and that same audience, for some unknown reason, DROPS when the great bloviator himself begins to speak. A fact that, to some, is humorous. consider it dropped

The libs envy and jealousy of Rush's success is a sight to behold

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:40 AM
The libs envy and jealousy of Rush's success is a sight to behold

not true. I stand in awe of Rush, conservative talk radio in general, and the hateful crowd of stepford republicans that faithfully listen so that can be told what to think. It is inspiring, in a twisted sort of way!

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:48 AM
not true. I stand in awe of Rush, conservative talk radio in general, and the hateful crowd of stepford republicans that faithfully listen so that can be told what to think. It is inspiring, in a twisted sort of way!

If you want hate, listen to a liberal talk show host (if you can find any)

They have called for the murder of Pres Bush, and have plyed the sounds of shotgun blasts as a response to his ideas on SS reform

No wonder libs can't compete with Rush and Sean

MtnBiker
04-11-2008, 08:42 AM
in this thread? I don't think so... but that depends on how much longer you drag it out.

Oh, I thought your cursing was a condition of you being a sailor, now it depends on me. :dunno:

glockmail
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't know and I don't care. I really don't spend a lot of time monitoring the application of federal sentencing guidelines for illegal possession of large quantities of schedule II drugs.

If there are any other oxycontin users who previously claimed on national radio that drug users should all be sent upriver, I hope that they are there. Rush should be.

My argument is that he said that people who committed the very crime he did should be sent upriver and when HE was caught, HE didn't volunteer to go but went so far as to use the dreaded ACLU to help him avoid jail. He's a hypocrite...and for you to continue to defend him about this point is laughable. So basically you don't have an argument, just your opinion which you can't justify.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
So basically you don't have an argument, just your opinion which you can't justify.

What else is new Glock? Situation normal

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
So basically you don't have an argument, just your opinion which you can't justify.

argument? I made my argument. he said:

"too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

yet when he was getting away with drug use, and then found out, he did not plead guilty and agree to be sent upriver, but used all of the legal resources he could muster - including the ACLU - to avoid being convicted and sent upriver. That is prima facie evidence that he is a hypocrite. He cut a plea deal. Do you honestly think that he really meant to say "Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too... or let them cut a sweet plea deal to avoid jail time altogether if they agree to go to rehab"???.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM

"too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

yet when he was getting away with drug use, and then found out, he did not plead guilty and agree to be sent upriver, but used all of the legal resources he could muster - including the ACLU - to avoid being convicted and sent upriver. That is prima facie evidence that he is a hypocrite. He cut a plea deal. Do you honestly think that he really meant to say "Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too... or let them cut a sweet plea deal to avoid jail time altogether if they agree to go to rehab"???.

You are a hell of a fertilizer salesmen

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:22 PM
any luck in finding that link to where Rush said:
Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river...but only if they are repeat offenders and refuse to go to rehab"

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
any luck in finding that link to where Rush said:
Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river...but only if they are repeat offenders and refuse to go to rehab"

I am still waiting for the link where you said Rush bought a huge amount of drugs in a parking lot :lol:

I told you I have heard Rush make the statement

Do I need a link to prove the sky is blue?

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I am still waiting for the link where you said Rush bought a huge amount of drugs in a parking lot :lol:

I told you I have heard Rush make the statement

Do I need a link to prove the sky is blue?

YOu need a link to prove to me something YOU claim Rush said...yes.

I already provided links that report that Rush's maid claimed she sold him the drugs.

Or...maybe I could say that I HEARD her recount the selling of oxycontin to Rush in a parking lot...then, according to you, that would mean that I would not NEED to provide a link. Is that how that works?

Really. Do you REALLY expect me to accept as PROOF the fact that YOU claim that you heard Rush say something? Give me a fucking break.:laugh2:

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
YOu need a link to prove to me something YOU claim Rush said...yes.

I already provided links that report that Rush's maid claimed she sold him the drugs.

Or...maybe I could say that I HEARD her recount the selling of oxycontin to Rush in a parking lot...then, according to you, that would mean that I would not NEED to provide a link. Is that how that works?

Really. Do you REALLY expect me to accept as PROOF the fact that YOU claim that you heard Rush say something? Give me a fucking break.:laugh2:

Given your credibility and ntegrity (or lack thereof) I woud like to see a link where Rush bought a huge amiunt of drugs in a parking lot

If you would listen to his show, you would know I am correct on what Rush has said. You go by left wing smear sites to get your info on what Rush says

retiredman
04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Given your credibility and ntegrity (or lack thereof) I woud like to see a link where Rush bought a huge amiunt of drugs in a parking lot

If you would listen to his show, you would know I am correct on what Rush has said. You go by left wing smear sites to get your info on what Rush says

I have listened to his show. often. and your saying he said something is not proof by any standard.

I already provided several links to stories about his housekeeper. All you have is your assertions that you HEARD him say something.

That you would try to pawn that shit off as factual proof of ANYTHING is beyond pathetic.

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I have listened to his show. often. and your saying he said something is not proof by any standard.

I already provided several links to stories about his housekeeper. All you have is your assertions that you HEARD him say something.

That you would try to pawn that shit off as factual proof of ANYTHING is beyond pathetic.

If you listen to Rush, you are to busy screaming at the radio to hear what he says

Where is the link he bought drugs in a parking lot?

I'll wait

Hobbit
04-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I have listened to his show. often.

No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't have demanded links to show that Rush made his own commercials. You would have already known. Now stop lying about your credentials and have an honest debate, if that's even possible.

retiredman
04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
No, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't have demanded links to show that Rush made his own commercials. You would have already known. Now stop lying about your credentials and have an honest debate, if that's even possible.

I have listened to Rush on numerous occasions. Don't call me a liar with out proof, asshole. I value my word and don't like it being pissed on. Clear?:fu:

Hobbit
04-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I have listened to Rush on numerous occasions. Don't call me a liar with out proof, asshole. I value my word and don't like it being pissed on. Clear?:fu:

Struck a nerve? I'm just following the evidence. After the statement was made at the beginning of this thread that Limbaugh made his own commercials, you demanded proof. If you had ever listened to his show through a single commercial break, you would have heard his self-made commercials. So either you were lying about listening to his show so as to appear knowledgeable or you were lying about having never heard his commercials in order to be belligerent. You can't have it both ways.

It's the same thing as with the Obama book. You keep telling us that you've read it and that EVERY REVIEWER in the world is wrong about the book and quoting it out of context, then claim that in order to see that these quotes aren't at all racist/offensive, we have to read the book. Yet you refuse to impart even a basic working knowledge of the contents of the book outside the quotes in question, and despite serious requests that you explain the context to people, you refuse to even try, thus leading me to question whether you've read it at all. Look, you can't claim you know something and then demonstrate a remarkable lack of knowledge about it without having your honesty called into question. It's like claiming you have a degree in physics, then asking what a Coulomb is.

red states rule
04-12-2008, 05:49 PM

You are the only one who values your word

To the rest of us, it is worth as much as a $4 bill

retiredman
04-12-2008, 07:09 PM
You are the only one who values your word

To the rest of us, it is worth as much as a $4 bill

I was unaware that you were the spokesman for the "rest of you"

When did you get that appointment?

tell me again how your saying that Rush said something should be accepted as PROOF that he said it.

moron.:lol:

actsnoblemartin
04-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I tried being nice to you, i even tried reasoning with you, but like that cat that kept biting and scratching me, no matter what i did for her, i give up

I was unaware that you were the spokesman for the "rest of you"

When did you get that appointment?

tell me again how your saying that Rush said something should be accepted as PROOF that he said it.

moron.:lol:

retiredman
04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I tried being nice to you, i even tried reasoning with you, but like that cat that kept biting and scratching me, no matter what i did for her, i give up
1. this was a response to your butt buddy, not to you.

2. I could give a fuck whether you ever tried to be nice to me or reasoned with me...you are such a wacky motherfucker and are all over the goddamned map in your responses to EVERYTHING and your moronic allegiance to conservatism when you can't even articulate why.... it really is of NO importance to me that I have you "on my side". In fact, I'd prefer that you weren't.

retiredman
04-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Struck a nerve? I'm just following the evidence. After the statement was made at the beginning of this thread that Limbaugh made his own commercials, you demanded proof. If you had ever listened to his show through a single commercial break, you would have heard his self-made commercials. So either you were lying about listening to his show so as to appear knowledgeable or you were lying about having never heard his commercials in order to be belligerent. You can't have it both ways.

It's the same thing as with the Obama book. You keep telling us that you've read it and that EVERY REVIEWER in the world is wrong about the book and quoting it out of context, then claim that in order to see that these quotes aren't at all racist/offensive, we have to read the book. Yet you refuse to impart even a basic working knowledge of the contents of the book outside the quotes in question, and despite serious requests that you explain the context to people, you refuse to even try, thus leading me to question whether you've read it at all. Look, you can't claim you know something and then demonstrate a remarkable lack of knowledge about it without having your honesty called into question. It's like claiming you have a degree in physics, then asking what a Coulomb is.

1. It does strike a nerve when someone questions my integrity. I take a great deal of personal pride in it and really hate it when it is besmirched.

2. I have listened to Rush on many occasions as I drove in my car. I have heard many of his commercials and am not struck with the impression that he did most of them. Unlike the listeners in the survey, I was less interested in the commercials than I was in what Rush himself had to say.

3. The "review" of Obama's book "Dreams from my Father" that I took issue with was specifically the comment from Ann "the transexual with the lopped off dick and manufactured See You Next Tuesday" Coulter. where she claimed that nearly every page of the book was filled with racist invective. How exactly would you suggest that I disprove that statement? Would you suggest that I cut and paste the text from each and every page of the book to show the infrequency of such language? Please. I would love to hear how you would disprove such a statement if the task were up to you. From my perspective, the only way to really have someone understand that such a statement was, in fact, false, was to have them read the book and let them see for themselves...but if you know of some other way, be sure to let me know.

:fu:

Yurt
04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
1. It does strike a nerve when someone questions my integrity. I take a great deal of personal pride in it and really hate it when it is besmirched.

2. I have listened to Rush on many occasions as I drove in my car. I have heard many of his commercials and am not struck with the impression that he did most of them. Unlike the listeners in the survey, I was less interested in the commercials than I was in what Rush himself had to say.

3. The "review" of Obama's book "Dreams from my Father" that I took issue with was specifically the comment from Ann "the transexual with the lopped off dick and manufactured See You Next Tuesday" Coulter. where she claimed that nearly every page of the book was filled with racist invective. How exactly would you suggest that I disprove that statement? Would you suggest that I cut and paste the text from each and every page of the book to show the infrequency of such language? Please. I would love to hear how you would disprove such a statement if the task were up to you. From my perspective, the only way to really have someone understand that such a statement was, in fact, false, was to have them read the book and let them see for themselves...but if you know of some other way, be sure to let me know.

what integrity....still in boxers and sipping pabst beer gramps?

Hobbit
04-13-2008, 01:16 AM

When you stop lying to us, we'll stop questioning your integrity.

What do you mean it didn't sound like he made them? Didn't the fact that it was his voice plugging a product give it away? Sorry, but if you'd actually heard any of the commercials instead of just claiming to, it would be outrageously obvious that he made them. I'm still convinced you're just making stuff up to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

We got into a discussion of the quotes. She cited several quotes which nobody denied were in the book, and we essentially said, "I don't care what Coulter has to say, I'm offended by those comments," after which you proceeded to tell us that if we heard them in context, we'd understand. We asked you to elaborate, maybe sum up the context so we could get an idea, but you stonewalled that, claiming that it was impossible to sum up and that we'd just have to read the book. I refuse to believe anything that many people have actually read could actually be so complicated that it couldn't be summed up, and thus, I still don't believe you've actually read the book.

Profanity is the attempt of a weak mind to assert itself.

red states rule
04-13-2008, 05:54 AM
1. this was a response to your butt buddy, not to you.

2. I could give a fuck whether you ever tried to be nice to me or reasoned with me...you are such a wacky motherfucker and are all over the goddamned map in your responses to EVERYTHING and your moronic allegiance to conservatism when you can't even articulate why.... it really is of NO importance to me that I have you "on my side". In fact, I'd prefer that you weren't.

Well said Rev MFM

You have turned into a such a grumpy old man recently. If you are tired of losing debates, gettting caught in lies, and being humilated try going to a moonbat liberal board where you can get away everything

red states rule
04-13-2008, 05:56 AM
what integrity....still in boxers and sipping pabst beer gramps?

Hey, MFM's untegrity has never been questioned

Come to think of it, it has never been mentioned

retiredman
04-13-2008, 06:49 AM
When you stop lying to us, we'll stop questioning your integrity.

What do you mean it didn't sound like he made them? Didn't the fact that it was his voice plugging a product give it away? Sorry, but if you'd actually heard any of the commercials instead of just claiming to, it would be outrageously obvious that he made them. I'm still convinced you're just making stuff up to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

We got into a discussion of the quotes. She cited several quotes which nobody denied were in the book, and we essentially said, "I don't care what Coulter has to say, I'm offended by those comments," after which you proceeded to tell us that if we heard them in context, we'd understand. We asked you to elaborate, maybe sum up the context so we could get an idea, but you stonewalled that, claiming that it was impossible to sum up and that we'd just have to read the book. I refuse to believe anything that many people have actually read could actually be so complicated that it couldn't be summed up, and thus, I still don't believe you've actually read the book.

Profanity is the attempt of a weak mind to assert itself.

I really don't care to "convince" you that I have heard Rush Limbaugh's radio show. I have. I am not a daily afficianado, but I have heard him on several occasions, the fact that I heard commercials for prodcuts on his show being promoted by voices other than his is true.

And again.... when I said that you needed to read the quotes in context, how exactly would you suggest that I show that, other than posting extensive portions of his book, which is not yet "online" so I would have to go dig out my copy and retype extensive portions to prove my point. It would be so much easier if you just read the book.... and given the fact that he is a man running for president, it would probably be a good thing for you to know more about him.

Hobbit
04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I really don't care to "convince" you that I have heard Rush Limbaugh's radio show. I have. I am not a daily afficianado, but I have heard him on several occasions, the fact that I heard commercials for prodcuts on his show being promoted by voices other than his is true.

No you didn't, you just said you did so you could get all grouchy and belligerent about it and claim to be talking from a position of knowledge, rather than from ignorance. It might have worked if you didn't immediately, blatantly, and loudly shown everybody that you had no idea what you were talking about. If you had ever heard it, you wouldn't have been so firm on not hearing Rush make his own ads.

And again.... when I said that you needed to read the quotes in context, how exactly would you suggest that I show that, other than posting extensive portions of his book, which is not yet "online" so I would have to go dig out my copy and retype extensive portions to prove my point. It would be so much easier if you just read the book.... and given the fact that he is a man running for president, it would probably be a good thing for you to know more about him.

Is 'sum up' not in your vocabulary? If some dopey high school student can sum up Lord of the Flies into a few paragraphs, I would think an adult could sum up the context of at least one of those quotes in a couple of paragraphs.

retiredman
04-13-2008, 04:54 PM
No you didn't, you just said you did so you could get all grouchy and belligerent about it and claim to be talking from a position of knowledge, rather than from ignorance. It might have worked if you didn't immediately, blatantly, and loudly shown everybody that you had no idea what you were talking about. If you had ever heard it, you wouldn't have been so firm on not hearing Rush make his own ads.

like I said then and said now... I have heaard Rush Limbaugh on many occasions, and I have heard commercials on his show on those many occasions, and, while not taking diligent notes as to the identity of his sponsors or the production qualities of their commercials, I do not recall at ALL being taken by the fact that Rush did many of them at all. Regardless, the fact that more people listen to his commercials than listen to HIM is, from my perspective, a humors one. I said so.

Is 'sum up' not in your vocabulary? If some dopey high school student can sum up Lord of the Flies into a few paragraphs, I would think an adult could sum up the context of at least one of those quotes in a couple of paragraphs.

the quote of Coulter's that I took particular issue with was her statement that nearly every page was filled with racist invective. In fact, I was struck with the thought that she and I had not read the same book.

I had found the book to be an extremely well written chronicle of a very unusual upbringing... of a young man struggling to come to grips with his racial identity... struggling to deal with the shadow of a powerful and enigmatic absent father. How he began to find his sense of purpose in the mean and cold streets of south Chicago.... I thought the chapter about his trip to Kenya to meet grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins was evocative and moving.

Again. I do not LIE about anything on here and, as I have said, it DOES strike a really raw nerve when someone questions my integrity of no real good reason.

Hobbit
04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
the quote of Coulter's that I took particular issue with was her statement that nearly every page was filled with racist invective. In fact, I was struck with the thought that she and I had not read the same book.

I had found the book to be an extremely well written chronicle of a very unusual upbringing... of a young man struggling to come to grips with his racial identity... struggling to deal with the shadow of a powerful and enigmatic absent father. How he began to find his sense of purpose in the mean and cold streets of south Chicago.... I thought the chapter about his trip to Kenya to meet grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins was evocative and moving.

Again. I do not LIE about anything on here and, as I have said, it DOES strike a really raw nerve when someone questions my integrity of no real good reason.

I'll stop calling you a liar when you stop being one. Rush has a very distinctive voice, and if you don't recall hearing THAT voice making any commercials, then you haven't listend to the show, and if you continue to defend quotes from a book, which you said weren't racist in context, without providing any information about the book other than what we already know, then somebody's going to call you on your bullcrap. So, you can either fess up and be honest about what you have or haven't seen or heard, or you can continue to call yourself a man of integrity while lying through your teeth.

retiredman
04-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I'll stop calling you a liar when you stop being one. Rush has a very distinctive voice, and if you don't recall hearing THAT voice making any commercials, then you haven't listend to the show and if you continue to defend quotes from a book, which you said weren't racist in context, without providing any information about the book other than what we already know, then somebody's going to call you on your bullcrap. So, you can either fess up and be honest about what you have or haven't seen or heard, or you can continue to call yourself a man of integrity while lying through your teeth.

You'll please stop calling me a liar. I never said that I don't recall hearing THAT voice making any commercials,. I said: I do not recall at ALL being taken by the fact that Rush did many of them and I don't. I haven't listened to him at ALL since the fall of last year when I retired and have not been driving during the hours that he is on the air. Caring about who did commercials on Rush's show has never been anything on my to do list. That does not mean that I have not listened to his show on numerous occasions in the past .

And I am not "defending" any quotes from Obama's book. I don't have to. I don't happen to find any of the quotes listed as being "racist" in the first place. As I said, I thought the book was a thoughtful and honest story of a young man coming to grips with his racial identity in America. The quote that I took issue with was the Coulter quote. And if YOU are going to defend THAT quote, you will need to actually read the book to do so...and, when you do, you will find that every page is NOT filled with racist invective and I was and am justified in tossing the bullshit flag when that bloviating gadfly said what she said.

Now please. I have asked you nicely to refrain from insulting and denigrating my integrity. I would like to not have to continue asking you any further.

Hobbit
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
You'll please stop calling me a liar. I never said that I don't recall hearing THAT voice making any commercials,. I said: I do not recall at ALL being taken by the fact that Rush did many of them and I don't. I haven't listened to him at ALL since the fall of last year when I retired and have not been driving during the hours that he is on the air. Caring about who did commercials on Rush's show has never been anything on my to do list. That does not mean that I have not listened to his show on numerous occasions in the past.

And the backpedal begins. The bolded portion is yet another lie, since you got all uppity at the start of this thread DEMANDING proof that Rush made his own commercials. I fail to see how anybody can get so emotional and demanding about something they don't really care about.

And I am not "defending" any quotes from Obama's book. I don't have to. I don't happen to find any of the quotes listed as being "racist" in the first place. As I said, I thought the book was a thoughtful and honest story of a young man coming to grips with his racial identity in America. The quote that I took issue with was the Coulter quote. And if YOU are going to defend THAT quote, you will need to actually read the book to do so...and, when you do, you will find that every page is NOT filled with racist invective and I was and am justified in tossing the bullshit flag when that bloviating gadfly said what she said.

I never said Coulter was right, and I would be wrong to do so, having not read the book. However, there are quotes from the book that appear to be patently racist. When I stated as much, you said that they really weren't racist if you heard them in context. I asked what kind of context would justify them, so you fell back on 'you have to read the book.' I explained that I was a tad busy right now, and that I'd prefer it if you summed up the context of at least one of those quotes to give me an idea of how they weren't racist, but, like a parrot, you just kept on saying the same thing, pretending that I was asking for chapter and verse on the thing when all I asked for was a quick summary. The offer still stands, by the way. If you can provide me with a quick summary of said context for at least one of those seemingly racist quotes, then I'll at least look through the book sometime this summer, when school is over.

Now please. I have asked you nicely to refrain from insulting and denigrating my integrity. I would like to not have to continue asking you any further.

I have asked you nicely to refrain from lying to me. I'd like to have an honest conversation from time to time, but honesty seems to be something you can only fake.

Yurt
04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
And the backpedal begins. The bolded portion is yet another lie, since you got all uppity at the start of this thread DEMANDING proof that Rush made his own commercials. I fail to see how anybody can get so emotional and demanding about something they don't really care about.

I never said Coulter was right, and I would be wrong to do so, having not read the book. However, there are quotes from the book that appear to be patently racist. When I stated as much, you said that they really weren't racist if you heard them in context. I asked what kind of context would justify them, so you fell back on 'you have to read the book.' I explained that I was a tad busy right now, and that I'd prefer it if you summed up the context of at least one of those quotes to give me an idea of how they weren't racist, but, like a parrot, you just kept on saying the same thing, pretending that I was asking for chapter and verse on the thing when all I asked for was a quick summary. The offer still stands, by the way. If you can provide me with a quick summary of said context for at least one of those seemingly racist quotes, then I'll at least look through the book sometime this summer, when school is over.

I have asked you nicely to refrain from lying to me. I'd like to have an honest conversation from time to time, but honesty seems to be something you can only fake.

he'll run, just like he did when manu asked whether or not the paragraph about his racist grandpa existed in his first book. i thought intellectual dishonesty was his only false part, apparently, he is not such an honest guy all around.

retiredman
04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
no backpedalling whatsoever. As I stated from the very beginning, I thought it was funny that Rush's listenership goes UP when his commercials come on - which, logically means that his listenership goes DOWN when his commercials go off. Someone, and I can't even remember who now, said, that his listenership went UP when his commercials came on BECAUSE Eush himself was pitching the products. I wanted some proof of that claim - and still think it is sort of a funny defense... implying that some portion of Rush listeners want to hear about what products Rush thinks they should buy, but don't want to hear about what Rush has to say about the events of the day.

There are quotes that appear patently racist to YOU. Having read the book, I have already stated that they don't appear patently racist to ME. I read the book two years ago. I loved it. It was inspiring. I gave it to my oldest son to read and after he read it - and loved it - I gave it to my middle son to read and after he read it -and loved it - I gave it to my only daughter who took it with her to college this past fall. I have no idea where in the book these quotes appeared and I have no way, short of going out and buying another copy, of being able to re-read the book, find the quotes and then describe the context of them to you.

And I will say this one last time: I have been honest with you. I am trying to have an honest conversation with you, but the very next time you call me a liar, that will be the end of that effort. Can I be any clearer on that point?

red states rule
04-14-2008, 05:42 AM
There are quotes that appear patently racist to YOU. Having read the book, I have already stated that they don't appear patently racist to ME. I read the book two years ago. I loved it. It was inspiring. I gave it to my oldest son to read and after he read it - and loved it - I gave it to my middle son to read and after he read it -and loved it - I gave it to my only daughter who took it with her to college this past fall. I have no idea where in the book these quotes appeared and I have no way, short of going out and buying another copy, of being able to re-read the book, find the quotes and then describe the context of them to you.

And I will say this one last time: I have been honest with you. I am trying to have an honest conversation with you, but the very next time you call me a liar, that will be the end of that effort. Can I be any clearer on that point?

They do not "appear" to be racist because a Democrat uttered them. You do not have a clue what the word honest means

glockmail
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM

yet when he was getting away with drug use, and then found out, he did not plead guilty and agree to be sent upriver, but used all of the legal resources he could muster - including the ACLU - to avoid being convicted and sent upriver. That is prima facie evidence that he is a hypocrite. He cut a plea deal. Do you honestly think that he really meant to say "Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too... or let them cut a sweet plea deal to avoid jail time altogether if they agree to go to rehab"???.Only a fool pleads guilty when he has the resources to defend himself.

retiredman
04-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Only a fool pleads guilty when he has the resources to defend himself.

I never said that Limbaugh was a fool.....only a hypocrite... an intelligent hypocrite, no doubt, but a hypocrite nonetheless.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 08:07 AM
I never said that Limbaugh was a fool.....only a hypocrite... an intelligent hypocrite, no doubt, but a hypocrite nonetheless.

You are the resident fool and hypocrite - and not an intelligent one

You failed to make your case, despite many attempts to do so

glockmail
04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
I never said that Limbaugh was a fool.....only a hypocrite... an intelligent hypocrite, no doubt, but a hypocrite nonetheless. So if you don't fall on your sword that makes you a hypocrite? Amazing how you change the meaning of words to suit your arguments.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
So if you don't fall on your sword that makes you a hypocrite? Amazing how you change the meaning of words to suit your arguments.

You have to understand how liberals define words Glock

http://www.areddy.net/mscott/liberal.html

retiredman
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
So if you don't fall on your sword that makes you a hypocrite? Amazing how you change the meaning of words to suit your arguments.

he said that when white drug abusers who have been getting away with their crimes finally get caught they should be sent upriver. And he was a white drug user who had been getting away with it and then got caught. Are you suggesting that his pontificating on the subject was not, itself, hypocritical, given his own drug use...and are you saying that his after the fact weaseling about prison really only being for "repeat offenders" and "those refusing rehab" was not simply smarmy and laughable.... and are you saying that the fact that the ACLU came to his defense was not just divinely ironic????

Or are you such a good little dittohead follower that Rush can do no wrong in your book?

glockmail
04-14-2008, 09:16 AM
he said that when white drug abusers who have been getting away with their crimes finally get caught they should be sent upriver. And he was a white drug user who had been getting away with it and then got caught. Are you suggesting that his pontificating on the subject was not, itself, hypocritical, given his own drug use...and are you saying that his after the fact weaseling about prison really only being for "repeat offenders" and "those refusing rehab" was not simply smarmy and laughable.... and are you saying that the fact that the ACLU came to his defense was not just divinely ironic????

Or are you such a good little dittohead follower that Rush can do no wrong in your book?
Just because Rush happened to agree with me 90% or so doesn't make me a dittohead. It just makes him right most of the time.

No I think that he was comparing people who sell and use drugs should be prosecuted- which he surely was, and much more vehemently than any Joe blow abuser. I think he also said that before he found out himself just how easily anyone can become addicted.

I think that anyone who expects Rush to fall on his sword for that, while at the same time being soft on drug abusers in general is being a hypocrite.

retiredman
04-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Just because Rush happened to agree with me 90% or so doesn't make me a dittohead. It just makes him right most of the time.

No I think that he was comparing people who sell and use drugs should be prosecuted- which he surely was, and much more vehemently than any Joe blow abuser. I think he also said that before he found out himself just how easily anyone can become addicted.

I think that anyone who expects Rush to fall on his sword for that, while at the same time being soft on drug abusers in general is being a hypocrite.

I am not soft on drug abusers in general.

It will remain funny for me how the guy who avoided military service with a sore on his fat ass who then attacked servicemen, the guy who thought all drug users should go upriver and then avoided it himself, is also the guy who had villified the ACLU but gladly accepted their assistance in his efforts to avoid being a toothless jailhouse wife.

a perfect role model and hero for the right.:laugh2:

glockmail
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
I think what’s funny is a liberal denying he supports liberal ideals when the argument suits it, a liberal who ignores valid points then repeats his attack, and in fact expands his attack by repeating lies from move on dot org. :laugh2:

retiredman
04-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I think what’s funny is a liberal denying he supports liberal ideals when the argument suits it, a liberal who ignores valid points then repeats his attack, and in fact expands his attack by repeating lies from move on dot org. :laugh2:

I don't think being soft on drug use is a liberal ideal. Again...I never said Rush was stupid.... only that he was a hypocrite. and I have no idea what you are talking about re: moveon.org

red states rule
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
and I have no idea what you are talking about re: moveon.org

Yea, the same way Barry never heard any racist comments from Rev Wright :lol:

retiredman
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Yea, the same way Barry never heard any racist comments from Rev Wright :lol:

the lastest issue of The Christian Century has several excellent articles about Reverend Wright - including the opening article from the editor, John M. Buchanan. I highly recommend reading them all. When they are posted online, I'll link to them for you.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
the lastest issue of The Christian Century has several excellent articles about Reverend Wright - including the opening article from the editor, John M. Buchanan. I highly recommend reading them all. When they are posted online, I'll link to them for you.

I have seen and read enough to know all about the racist Wright.

retiredman
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I have seen and read enough to know all about the racist Wright.

well...clearly, if you haven't read these articles, you certainly don't know ALL about him. Do you seek to broaden your intellectual horizon and perspective, or merely to harden you particular viewpoint?

glockmail
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
MFM always wants us to read this shit or that shit. You don't have to waddle in the mud to know that its dirty.

Hobbit
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM

Oh, you're crystal clear. You're also being dishonest. You can stop trying to hide behind some imaginary indignation. You're not mad at having your integrity called into question. You're mad because you were caught.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
MFM always wants us to read this shit or that shit. You don't have to waddle in the mud to know that its dirty.

and Wright and Obama is as dirty and racist as you can get