PDA

View Full Version : I've always been a Daddy's Girl

gabosaurus
04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Living in the Bay Area for the last six years or so, I haven't had much chance to hang out and do things with my dad. Not like when I was younger, when we had our father-daughter CD-shopping trips almost every weekend.
Last night brought it all back home. My dad and I went to see Springsteen in Anaheim. Lots of dancing and singing and such. A dad and his kid, unified through a common love of music.
Another reason why my dad rules. :)

glockmail
04-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Imagine where you'd be if you didn't have men in your life to buy you stuff. :pee:

gabosaurus
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Keep talking to the hand, glock. With your attitude, it's the only sex you will ever get. That you don't have to pay for.

Actually, you should get together with Martin and RSR. You can form a circle jerk while bitching about how much you dislike women.

glockmail
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Keep talking to the hand, glock. With your attitude, it's the only sex you will ever get. That you don't have to pay for.

Actually, you should get together with Martin and RSR. You can form a circle jerk while bitching about how much you dislike women. Wrong again, Chubby. Been married for 21 years to the same sleek, slender sex goddess. She also happens to be a national collegiate champion athlete, and unlike you, brings home a nice paycheck as an owner of a rapidly growing business enterprise. And did I mention that she's a conservative Republican? :laugh2:

gabosaurus
04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh well, I can't be right all the time. :)
I'm 24 and just got out of college. I haven't had the chance to bring home a check yet. But I will. This Friday will be the first, I believe.
My husband will always be the primary family provider. Isn't that what you right-wingers believe in? The husband providing for his family?
Guess it only applies when you want it to.

Kathianne
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm 24 and just got out of college. I haven't had the chance to bring home a check yet. But I will. This Friday will be the first, I believe.
My husband will always be the primary family provider. Isn't that what you right-wingers believe in? The husband providing for his family?

But Gabby, if you were correct about 'right wingers', you aren't one. Correct? In any case, your argument regarding the right saying women should make less than men or men should dominate in a relationship doesn't hold water. Perhaps for a few Evangelicals, but not representative.

Mr. P
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Living in the Bay Area for the last six years or so, I haven't had much chance to hang out and do things with my dad. Not like when I was younger, when we had our father-daughter CD-shopping trips almost every weekend.
Last night brought it all back home. My dad and I went to see Springsteen in Anaheim. Lots of dancing and singing and such. A dad and his kid, unified through a common love of music.

Ya know gab...sometimes I donno if yer baiting..Other times I think you post heart-felt stuff. I hope and think that's what this is and that you enjoy ever second of of it.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 08:42 AM

Wrong yet again. I missed the memo that requires wives to be subservient leeches. It must have got lost under the only one that matters, about personal responsibility and carrying your own weight. :lol:

theHawk
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM

Maybe when you actually start making money, you'll start to get upset at how much the tax man taketh.:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM

Having a good relationship with parents is a great thing. Both of my parents are not close to their parents, so I think they compensated by getting closer to me and the sibs'. Glad you're happy and enjoying life.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Sounds great, Gabby! Does he still do "Trapped"? That song meant a lot to me at one time. Jim's thread reminded me of it.

dan
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Cool beans, Gabby! I keep on saying I'm going to see him when he tours, but then I never do (I've been saying this since he toured behind The Rising!). This may be a ridiculous question, but did he play "Thunder Road"? That's my favorite song of his.

DragonStryk72
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Imagine where you'd be if you didn't have men in your life to buy you stuff. :pee:

Wait, she's someone dimished because.... she spent a night out with her dad, and was happy about it? Or about the fact that, to focus on her studies, she hasn't held a job during college? Seriously, I know nuns and priests who couldn't live up to the standard you're putting up here.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Wait, she's someone dimished because.... she spent a night out with her dad, and was happy about it? Or about the fact that, to focus on her studies, she hasn't held a job during college? Seriously, I know nuns and priests who couldn't live up to the standard you're putting up here. All I'm saying is that Gabs is a brainless POS who would be on the street as a common whore if it wasn't for the men in her life to support her. She proves it every day with her posts that blame republicans for everthing evil in the world yest she can never back up any of her accusations. That's all.

Other than that I don't have a problem with her. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
04-10-2008, 01:20 AM
All I'm saying is that Gabs is a brainless POS who would be on the street as a common whore if it wasn't for the men in her life to support her. She proves it every day with her posts that blame republicans for everthing evil in the world yest she can never back up any of her accusations. That's all.

Other than that I don't have a problem with her. :laugh2:

as opposed to how many of the right-wingers who do the same to libs? come on, in honesty, both sides quote their own sources, because those are the ones that back them up, and the both accuse the other side of being the problem, when really, it's that exact relationship between the two that is the problem

And regardless, the insult has no place here, it was not something that required you to take a swipe. It was childish, and unnecessary.

glockmail
04-10-2008, 07:50 AM
as opposed to how many of the right-wingers who do the same to libs? come on, in honesty, both sides quote their own sources, because those are the ones that back them up, and the both accuse the other side of being the problem, when really, it's that exact relationship between the two that is the problem

And regardless, the insult has no place here, it was not something that required you to take a swipe. It was childish, and unnecessary.I disagree. Gabs is the biggest bomb-thrower here, besides libnation, and I've long stopped reading her posts.

But in addition Gabs pisses and moans about male domination and the evils of capitalism, all the while taking full use of its niceities and contributing nothing back. Except pehaps her sexual favors, which is why it is appropiate for me to comment on that. She also tried to use sex as a weapon to strike back at me, which was a dismal failure; more evidence that that's all she has to offer.

But if it makes you feel good to defend the hapless female than by all means knock yerself out!

5stringJeff
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
But in addition Gabs pisses and moans about male domination and the evils of capitalism, all the while taking full use of its niceities and contributing nothing back. Except pehaps her sexual favors, which is why it is appropiate for me to comment on that.

Please feel free to link to where Gabby has offered "sexual favors" for some capitalistic end.

glockmail
04-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Please feel free to link to where Gabby has offered "sexual favors" for some capitalistic end. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=222482&postcount=1

Mr. P
04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=222482&postcount=1

No mention of "sexual favors" there Glock. Give er a rest man.

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
now that is cool :clap:

enjoy your time with your dad, he seems to have a preety nice daughter.

glockmail
04-11-2008, 09:21 AM
No mention of "sexual favors" there Glock. Give er a rest man.

Gabs contributed nothing substantive to what she listed. If she didn't put out she'd have none of it.

Yurt
04-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Gabs contributed nothing substantive to what she listed. If she didn't put out she'd have none of it.

dude

DragonStryk72
04-11-2008, 11:58 AM

One question: Do you any clue as to just how much of a complete asshole you are making of yourself right now?

glockmail
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
One question: Do you any clue as to just how much of a complete asshole you are making of yourself right now?
Not completely. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Not completely. :laugh2:

okay, then 99.9% of an asshole, since scientifically, nothing can be a 100% anything really.

glockmail
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
okay, then 99.9% of an asshole, since scientifically, nothing can be a 100% anything really.
I would argue that the percentage is less, since my assholeness is aimed squarely at a person who does not work, enjoys the benefits of capitalism, yet rails aginst its evils constantly. So technically I'm probably closer to a 10% asshole.

jackass
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I would argue that the percentage is less, since my assholeness is aimed squarely at a person who does not work, enjoys the benefits of capitalism, yet rails aginst its evils constantly. So technically I'm probably closer to a 10% asshole.

I would argue that since so many are telling you to cool it then its more like 100% asshole.

glockmail
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I would argue that since so many are telling you to cool it then its more like 100% asshole. Argumentum ad populum (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Argumentum%20ad%20populum)

jackass
04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Argumentum ad populum (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Argumentum%20ad%20populum)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/asshole

noun
1. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous

glockmail
04-11-2008, 01:27 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/asshole

noun
1. insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous How insulting and judgemental.

jackass
04-11-2008, 01:36 PM
How insulting and judgemental.

I thought I would talk in a language you would understand....

glockmail
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I thought I would talk in a language you would understand....Good comeback. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
It's kind of funny that all this is going on, with no comment from Gabby. Maybe it's time to let it go? :)

glockmail
04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
But the horse meat is still too tough.

Yurt
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM

i believe i've read posts by her that state she is still young and still growing in her world views...one time i believe she said that she actually has not "truly" been out in the work force and her views might change....plus..you can see from her posts that she has come to the right more than before...why belittle progress?

also, i don't think you are really saying that a married man owes all his success solely to his efforts....alone

glockmail
04-14-2008, 07:30 AM
After 25 years it time to get her act together. The fact that she's had to hire an interior decorator tells me she's not able to do even that herself. Maybe she can cook. At 5-0, 120#, perhaps she orders out from KFC.

DragonStryk72
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
After 25 years it time to get her act together. The fact that she's had to hire an interior decorator tells me she's not able to do even that herself. Maybe she can cook. At 5-0, 120#, perhaps she orders out from KFC.

You realize she didn't say she had, right? I'm fairly certain that, since she has only just entered the workforce, that she likely has not hired them, with, just a thought, her parents hiring one to lay out their home? Did she fight them tooth and nail to stop them? Not likely, but not a statement of anything, unless you're trolling for something to be angry at.

Now, has she gotten out on her own yet? No, obviously not, but due more to her concentration on college, a good thing. She is working now, and can begin to get ready to move out. Who the hell are you to give her crap for that?

Yurt
04-14-2008, 10:31 PM
You realize she didn't say she had, right? I'm fairly certain that, since she has only just entered the workforce, that she likely has not hired them, with, just a thought, her parents hiring one to lay out their home? Did she fight them tooth and nail to stop them? Not likely, but not a statement of anything, unless you're trolling for something to be angry at.

Now, has she gotten out on her own yet? No, obviously not, but due more to her concentration on college, a good thing. She is working now, and can begin to get ready to move out. Who the hell are you to give her crap for that?

she is married...are you suggesting she move out of the house her husband and her have? or are you just trolling?

glockmail
04-15-2008, 08:45 AM

Now, has she gotten out on her own yet? No, obviously not, but due more to her concentration on college, a good thing. She is working now, and can begin to get ready to move out. Who the hell are you to give her crap for that? All the while complaining about the evils of capitalism while enjoying its fruits and not contributing. I can give her any crap that I want for that: Freedom of speech. You or she don't have to like it, or read it, or respond to it.

DragonStryk72
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
she is married...are you suggesting she move out of the house her husband and her have? or are you just trolling?

Nope, I screwed up on that one. sorry, but he rest of the point still stands. Judging based upon her not working during college is no proof of anything.

DragonStryk72
04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
All the while complaining about the evils of capitalism while enjoying its fruits and not contributing. I can give her any crap that I want for that: Freedom of speech. You or she don't have to like it, or read it, or respond to it.

But I will, and I will continue to, as is my right. You are wrong, and you are acting without honor.

And she is in the workforce now, so your argument, against is moot, but still, you are bound by your hate. If you think that I'll back down, I won't.

glockmail
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
But I will, and I will continue to, as is my right. You are wrong, and you are acting without honor.

And she is in the workforce now, so your argument, against is moot, but still, you are bound by your hate. If you think that I'll back down, I won't. I think that you are acting out of emotion. I certaintly ain't. :coffee:

gabosaurus
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I didn't exactly "hire" an interior decorator. It's a lady who used to teach at the elementary school my mom teaches at. She offered to come over and help us do our house.
I am having a landscaper come out this summer as well. She is the mother of my friend Katie's boyfriend. We are bringing her out from the D-FW Metroplex in Texas.

I notice that Glock said he was married to a woman who participated in college athletics. Which means she obviously did not begin working until after college. I am wondering if Glock married her after she was already in business. Or if he supported her while she was in college (hypocrite much?)

To work in my field, you need a master's degree. Which requires a minimum of six years of college. I went to school full time. Perhaps Glock does not understand this. Or he is just ignoring it so he can make stupid statements. Do you have a degree, Glock?

I'm a pretty good cook. I have to be, since I never allow my husband in the kitchen. He is an incredibly intelligent man, but he can't make toast or use the microwave without endangering our home.

Glock, you stated that you have been married for quite some time. Do you have any children? Are they still living at home, mooching off you and not earning their keep? Are they boozers? Drug addicts? Discipline problems?

Feel free to tell us how your wife keeps you in line by crossing and uncrossing her legs. Or perhaps you have separate bedrooms. :)

glockmail
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
..... Do you have any children? Are they still living at home, mooching off you and not earning their keep? Are they boozers? Drug addicts? Discipline problems?

Feel free to tell us how your wife keeps you in line by crossing and uncrossing her legs. .... Congratulations Gabs, you just insulted my family. That puts you at maineman's level.

gabosaurus
04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
And you haven't been insulting my family? :laugh2:

Jealousy speaks pretty loudly though, so I feel your pain. I also feel your wife's pain.
I have a very intelligent and successful husband who managed to attain a job that pays him a significant amount of money.
All your wife has is you.
Sucks to be her... :p

glockmail
04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
And you haven't been insulting my family? :laugh2:

Jealousy speaks pretty loudly though, so I feel your pain. I also feel your wife's pain.
I have a very intelligent and successful husband who managed to attain a job that pays him a significant amount of money.
All your wife has is you.
Sucks to be her... :p I haven't insulted your family. I've insulted their leech. That would be you.

gabosaurus
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Such anger and bitterness! Sounds like you haven't gotten any in a while.

Being a leech is nice work if you can get it. My husband has a leech. Your wife has a prick.
And I hope you don't have any kids. If you do, send them out to Anaheim. Perhaps we can help them. :lmao:

glockmail
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Such anger and bitterness! Sounds like you haven't gotten any in a while.

Being a leech is nice work if you can get it. My husband has a leech. Your wife has a prick.
And I hope you don't have any kids. If you do, send them out to Anaheim. Perhaps we can help them. :lmao:

No anger and bitterness here. Perhaps you can't comprehend well with that mattress mounted on your back.

With regards to "getting it", that seems to be your sole purpose, as I've already stated. So I'll defer to you as the expert.

I don't think there's much of redeeming value that my kids would learn from a house whore, but thanks for the invite anyway!