PDA

View Full Version : Children Told they are Dogs during Mosque Visit

stephanie
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
:eek:

THE HAGUE, 09/04/08 - A primary school in Amsterdam wished to provide its pupils with an understanding for other cultures. But during a visit to a mosque, the children were told they were dogs.

With a view to developing understanding and respect for other cultures among children, primary school De Horizon regularly organises outings to various religious organisations. The chairman of the El Mouchidine mosque told the children from group 7 (aged 10) and their chaperones however that non-Muslims are dogs.

In a letter to the children's parents, the school expresses its regret at the incident: "We are shocked that during the guided tour, the mosque's chairman told the children and chaperoning parents that non believers were dogs. We consider this statement as unacceptable since we allow our children to partake in this project to develop respect for freedom of religious choice".

In the meantime, the school's management has addressed the mosque on the undesirable behaviour of the chairman. Both parties will say nothing further on the matter. "We will resolve the matter amongst ourselves and I have no inclination whatsoever to discuss the matter with the media", as newspaper De Telegraaf quoted the school's spokesperson Mariet ten Berge. "We have been to the mosque before and it always went well".

Angry parents had sent the letter on to De Telegraaf but were reportedly rapped on the knuckles by the school's management. "The school wishes to play this down. That is precisely the problem", as one mother commented.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/090408_2.htm

Trigg
04-08-2008, 06:38 PM
The children have received a valuable lesson. They now understand that muslims want nothing to do with diversity and understanding between religions.

They've had their rose colored glasses removed.

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 11:27 PM
liberals will just apologize for them, attack christians, and pretend islamo nazism is not real.

like i always said, liberals like putting their heads up other peoples asses :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
04-11-2008, 05:11 AM
we allow our children to partake in this project to develop respect for freedom of religious choice

then they shouldn't be apologizing....what they learned at the mosque will probably aid them greatly in exercising their free choice of religions.....

emmett
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
So.......they were ten? OK. I decided to conduct a little experiment. I called my granddaughter and asked what she would think had she been in the same situation. Lexi replied that some people's religious beliefs are pretty strange and seemed to have a pretty good prospective on the whole thing. She ended her reply with "I have heard that before Pappy!" She giggled. "We're not dogs."

She went on to tell me about snake handlers in West Virginia. She said she had read a book at school that described them and she thought that was strange but that she even heard of a religion "back in the old days" where everybody howled in church like animals. She also was aware of religions that alowed men to have more than one wife. She laughed at that too.

We had actually talked about that one before when she was about 8 I think. Let's give the children a little credit. If we have taught them wel they will be able to as the Prophet pointed out, develop their own opinions about these subjects. Had the children been 7 or 8 I would have a little more problem with it. Then again, why would a school even take children to a place where a religious opinion of such bizarre nature be the order of the day. 10 might have been a bit young but at some point they will learn it.

emmett
04-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I had my son dig out his two week old article about the Dahli Lama in Time Magazine. He showed her the part about him saying that it was OK to believe the way you wanted to and she thought that was a good idea. I assume that means she is OK with religious freedom. She certainly did not mind discussing it and frankly has called me back here at the office and wants to discuss it further. I agreed that we will talk about it tomorrow over a good game of Dominos. She agreed. Discussion temporarily over. No big deal.

FSUK
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
That was a terrible and unacceptable remark by the mosque chairman. It must be remembered- that the chairman was probably an radical/extremist type. Not representing real muslims.

Nukeman
04-18-2008, 01:01 PM
That was a terrible and unacceptable remark by the mosque chairman. It must be remembered- that the chairman was probably an radical/extremist type. Not representing real muslims.

BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a recurring theme throughout the Muslim religion and you sit there and say it must be some radical/fringe element of Islam. If it was just a few radicals than it wouldn't be happening sooo often now would it.

I think is is much more main stream than YOU care to acknowledge!!!!!:poke:

FSUK
04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a recurring theme throughout the Muslim religion and you sit there and say it must be some radical/fringe element of Islam. If it was just a few radicals than it wouldn't be happening sooo often now would it.

I think is is much more main stream than YOU care to acknowledge!!!!!:poke:

well the media obviously looks and focues on isolated incidents. dick head.

:fu:

AFbombloader
04-19-2008, 12:26 AM
well the media obviously looks and focues on isolated incidents. dick head.

:fu:

One or two times may be an isolated incident, but this is far more than that. Imagne the outroar if the whole thing was reversed. If little towel-heads:terror:were told the same thing by anyone of any other religion. they would be declairing a Jihad!

AF:salute: