PDA

View Full Version : "We Need More White People"

Kathianne
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Hmmm which campaign?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/they_need_more_white_people.asp

They Need More White People

The Tartan, Carnegie Mellon's student newspaper, reports on a campaign event featuring Michelle Obama:

While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’ ” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”

The Obama campaign discriminates against people of color, and their own supporters no less, in what is presumably a misguided pander to white voters. Very strange, but perhaps Obama's candidacy really has transcended race in America (surely this is a first). Alternatively, the campaign may just plan to stage-manage it out of public view. Go balloons!

Posted by Michael Goldfarb on April 8, 2008 06:41 PM

Trigg
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Too funny:laugh2:

theHawk
04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Aww, imagine that. The Obama camp is full of a bunch racist shitbags willing to use people of certain colors to fit their agenda at the moment.

Nukeman
04-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Hmmm which campaign?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/they_need_more_white_people.aspHey as long as they do it, it isn't racist now is it?????????

What do you think westcoast?? is it racist for them to ask for a specific ethnicity?????????:poke:

Monkeybone
04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
i saw the tiltle of this thread and the only thing that i could think of was " Where all the white women?" from Blazing saddles. :lmao:

Monkeybone
04-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey as long as they do it, it isn't racist now is it?????????

What do you think westcoast?? is it racist for them to ask for a specific ethnicity?????????:poke:

no it isn't Nuke. it is having cultural awareness. they are being mindful of the other ethnicities and making sure that they are inculded in the symbolic togetherness that we are supposed to have. Change my friend.....change.

13thflower
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Imagine that a politician using any means possible to make themselves look better... :puke:

Perianne
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Imagine that a politician using any means possible to make themselves look better... :puke:

I don't think Obama even tries to make himself look better. He already has such a high opinion of himself that he (in his mind) can't possibly get any better.

revelarts
12-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Hmmm which campaign?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/04/they_need_more_white_people.asp

that is funny.

But no ones going to tell me it's not part of the way it's done on all sides from time to time if not regularly.
But i suspect that it's not the speakers that make the call and it's not as blatant.

The blazing saddles things comes to mind but so does Romney looking for women for his possible cabinet post.
And Romney campaign workers handing out Romney signs as they walk into a Romeny event.
and Hillary workers planting people in the audience to ask questions etc..

Politics, showbiz for ugly people.

reason10
12-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Hmmm which campaign?

I'll help. Just find me an attractive blonde and I'll make you some white people.

Drummond
12-02-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't think Obama even tries to make himself look better. He already has such a high opinion of himself that he (in his mind) can't possibly get any better.

Interesting. Though ... consider the efforts Obama and his wife have made to build up their image on the BBC. A 25 minute interview with the BBC's chief North America correspondent, which the BBC then went 'ape' about .. even treating it like a main news item for a time !

That interview got at least three rebroadcasts I'm aware of.

As for Michelle Obama, she gave a 'hype' speech to a crowd of schoolgirls in Tower Hamlets, London (which has a sizeable local Muslim population, by the way ... some of those girls were wearing Hijabs). That one was rebroadcast - no exaggeration, this - FOURTEEN times by the BBC, on the BBC Parliament channel !

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I'll help. Just find me an attractive blonde and I'll make you some white people.

Sorry, I have passed the days of making babies. :)

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Interesting. Though ... consider the efforts Obama and his wife have made to build up their image on the BBC. A 25 minute interview with the BBC's chief North America correspondent, which the BBC then went 'ape' about .. even treating it like a main news item for a time !

That interview got at least three rebroadcasts I'm aware of.

As for Michelle Obama, she gave a 'hype' speech to a crowd of schoolgirls in Tower Hamlets, London (which has a sizeable local Muslim population, by the way ... some of those girls were wearing Hijabs). That one was rebroadcast - no exaggeration, this - FOURTEEN times by the BBC, on the BBC Parliament channel !

You're lucky. Just ONE interview? That narcissist has been on my TV every damned day for 3 weeks.

Drummond
12-02-2015, 11:43 AM
You're lucky. Just ONE interview? That narcissist has been on my TV every damned day for 3 weeks.

There's an easy answer to that. During the BBC interview, Obama said he knew he was a lot more popular on the international stage than in the US (!). So, clearly, he's trying far harder to work on his image where he thinks he most needs to.

I wonder if the Saudis still appreciate the 'respectful bow' Obama gave to their royalty the first chance he got ?

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:47 AM
There's an easy answer to that. During the BBC interview, Obama said he knew he was a lot more popular on the international stage than in the US (!). So, clearly, he's trying far harder to work on his image where he thinks he most needs to.

I wonder if the Saudis still appreciate the 'respectful bow' Obama gave to their royalty the first chance he got ?

Is he for real? He's a damned joke on ANYONE's stage. They're laughing at his dumb ass. How delusional can you be?

reason10
12-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Sorry, I have passed the days of making babies. :)

Well, then I can't be much help.