PDA

View Full Version : Soldier, wife accused of killing toddler

LiberalNation
04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
It would really be horrible to be on duty in a war zone and learn the people you intrusted your childrens care in had killed one of them, injured the other. Why does the military hafta deploy both parents at the same time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_re_us/toddler_killed;_ylt=AhpduXoK0z7yfHqhpEiuv1xvzwcF

EL PASO, Texas - A Fort Bliss soldier and his wife were arrested Tuesday on charges of killing a 2-year-old girl in their care and seriously injuring her older brother while their military parents served overseas.

Investigators were working with the military to reach the children's parents — their father is stationed in Iraq and their mother in Germany.

Staff Sgt. Nakia Dawkins, 32, and his 29-year-old wife, Shawntrell Dawkins, were booked into the El Paso County jail on charges of capital murder and abuse of a child.

Police described them as the children's guardians and not blood relatives. El Paso police Officer Chris Mears said he didn't know the couple's exact relationship to the children's parents.

Both suspects are being held without bail. Jail and court records do not show if either has hired a lawyer.

Mears said officers went to the couple's apartment about 10 p.m. Monday after receiving a call that the 2-year-old was not breathing. They found the girl and her 4-year-old brother with "visible injuries," Mears said.

According to a pair of complaint affidavits filed in the case, the Dawkinses initially told investigators that the girl was injured after falling down several stairs in the couple's apartment.

The boy suffered similar injuries, which police concluded were "not consistent with the reported fall," the affidavits show.

rppearso
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
So.....? What is there to even debate here.

Hobbit
04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
So.....? What is there to even debate here.

Nothing. It's just that every time LN finds a story about a soldier so much as jaywalking, she feels an obsessive compulsive urge to post it here.

rppearso
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Nothing. It's just that every time LN finds a story about a soldier so much as jaywalking, she feels an obsessive compulsive urge to post it here.

I dident realize LN was a she, but she is doing better than me on rep points. Each persons reps must be worth more than others because I have almost equal number of pos reps to neg reps but my neg rep points are way low. Oh well, I imagine after it gets so low I get banned. But if my rep gets that low the debate probably is not all that fun anyways and just a bunch of flames.

LiberalNation
04-10-2008, 10:52 PM

So murder of children = jaywalking.

anyway I hafta feed everyone elses obsessive compulsive urge to say OMG LN posted another military/crime. See if I didn't post em ya'll wouldn't get to say the above and we'd all would have had less fun trying to mess with each other.

as for reps, they wont get you banned not matter how low.

Hobbit
04-11-2008, 01:40 PM
So murder of children = jaywalking.

anyway I hafta feed everyone elses obsessive compulsive urge to say OMG LN posted another military/crime. See if I didn't post em ya'll wouldn't get to say the above and we'd all would have had less fun trying to mess with each other.

as for reps, they wont get you banned not matter how low.

Wasn't commenting on the seriousness of the crime, only that the majority of threads you start are stories about a U.S. soldier committing a crime.

And yes, rep won't get you banned. That would be stupid. To be banned, you have to break the rules.

Yurt
04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I dident realize LN was a she, but she is doing better than me on rep points. Each persons reps must be worth more than others because I have almost equal number of pos reps to neg reps but my neg rep points are way low. Oh well, I imagine after it gets so low I get banned. But if my rep gets that low the debate probably is not all that fun anyways and just a bunch of flames.

she has more "respect" than you :lol: