PDA

View Full Version : Democrats want oil surplus to be spent in Iraq reconstruction

04-09-2008, 07:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

This just pisses me off. Not because I am against the Iraqi's spending their own money in rebuilding their country but we had a number of debates at the beginning of the war where the Democrats systematically opposed allowing the Iraqis to pay for the war using oil revenues decrying "No blood for oil". its just sickening to see the position change for political expediency.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
These are the same Democrats who preach dependence for Americans, and self reliance for Iraqis

04-09-2008, 11:05 AM
These are the same Democrats who preach dependence for Americans, and self reliance for Iraqis

yeah well Iraqis can't vote for them... yet.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
yeah well Iraqis can't vote for them... yet.

One thing at at time with the Dems

They have to get the illegals the "right" to vote

Iraqis may be on the list as well

04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
One thing at at time with the Dems

They have to get the illegals the "right" to vote

Iraqis may be on the list as well

heck the dead come out and vote for them, why not iraqis? They already have illegals voting.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 11:22 AM
heck the dead come out and vote for them, why not iraqis? They already have illegals voting.

Even with the current election fraud Dems employ, the votes are to close for them

They need all the illegal votes they can get - and are willing to have the US taxpayer pay for it

retiredman
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

This just pisses me off. Not because I am against the Iraqi's spending their own money in rebuilding their country but we had a number of debates at the beginning of the war where the Democrats systematically opposed allowing the Iraqis to pay for the war using oil revenues decrying "No blood for oil". its just sickening to see the position change for political expediency.

I have never taken part in any debate where democrats opposed using Iraq's oil revenues in lieu of our tax dollars to pay for the operations in Iraq.

In fact, that is what Kerry's "I voted for it before I voted against it" oft misquoted and misunderstood statement was all about.... the choicew between spending our money or loaning them our money that they would pay back with oil revenues.

red states rule
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I have never taken part in any debate where democrats opposed using Iraq's oil revenues in lieu of our tax dollars to pay for the operations in Iraq.

In fact, that is what Kerry's "I voted for it before I voted against it" oft misquoted and misunderstood statement was all about.... the choicew between spending our money or loaning them our money that they would pay back with oil revenues.

if only Dems would preach self reliance to their base as they do to the Iraqi's

Kerry flip flopped and was busted by his own words - they were not misquoted

Monkeybone
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
see they way it works was before, it was a "blood for oil" wramongering idea. now it is a stroke of genius that will get us out of the recession that we are in