PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico “Human Rights” Commission: Christian photographer “guilty” of “discriminat

stephanie
04-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Posted on April 9, 2008

Volokh: Photographers Denied the Freedom To Choose What They Photograph

Elaine Huguenin co-owns Elane Photography with her husband. The bulk of Elane’s work is done by Elaine, though she subcontracts some of the work some of the time. Elane refused to photograph Vanessa Willock’s same-sex commitment ceremonies, and just today the New Mexico Human Rights Commission held that this violated state antidiscrimination law. Elane has been ordered to pay over $6600 in attorney’s fees and costs.

read the rest..
http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008/04/09/new-mexico-human-rights-commission-christian-photographer-guilty-of-discrimination-for-declining-to-photograph-same-sex-commitment-ceremony-slapped-with-nearly-7k-in-legal-fees/

hjmick
04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
This was a bullshit lawsuit to begin with and the finding of guilt is just more bullshit piled on top.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
The Queer Enablers went after Harmony dot com about this same issue a while back. Does anyone recall how that turned out? It appears that the ACLU is going after a smaller fish with less resources to fight them.

04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

glockmail
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Gee, I thought it was a legitimate question. How dare I.

actsnoblemartin
04-10-2008, 11:16 PM
but libs are so tolerant :laugh2:

Posted on April 9, 2008

Volokh: Photographers Denied the Freedom To Choose What They Photograph

Elaine Huguenin co-owns Elane Photography with her husband. The bulk of Elane’s work is done by Elaine, though she subcontracts some of the work some of the time. Elane refused to photograph Vanessa Willock’s same-sex commitment ceremonies, and just today the New Mexico Human Rights Commission held that this violated state antidiscrimination law. Elane has been ordered to pay over $6600 in attorney’s fees and costs.

read the rest..
http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008/04/09/new-mexico-human-rights-commission-christian-photographer-guilty-of-discrimination-for-declining-to-photograph-same-sex-commitment-ceremony-slapped-with-nearly-7k-in-legal-fees/