PDA

View Full Version : Randi Rhodes signing off

stephanie
04-10-2008, 03:04 PM
this is what happens when you cross...THE HILL...:coffee:

This statement just in from Air America chair Charlie Kireker and president Mark Green:

Last week Air America suspended Randi Rhodes for abusive, obscene language at a recent public appearance in San Francisco which was sponsored by an Air America affiliate station.

Air America Media was informed last night by Ms. Rhodes that she has chosen to terminate her employment with the company. We wish her well and thank her for past services to Air America.

We will soon announce exciting new talent and programming that will accelerate Air America’s growth in the future.

LOTS of comments over there...
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/messenger/index.php/2008/04/10/randi-rhodes-leaving-air-america-radio

Abbey Marie
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't worry, Randi, I hear there's an opening at Rev. Wrong's pulpit. You should fit right in.

Hagbard Celine
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
BS. This is what happens when you use profanity on the air. ANY radio show would've fired her.

MtnBiker
04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
BS. This is what happens when you use profanity on the air. ANY radio show would've fired her.

When did she use profanity on the air?

hjmick
04-10-2008, 04:26 PM

When did she use profanity on the air?

Her suspension was in relation to a tirade she went on before an event for KKGN in San Francisco, not for anything she said on the air.

It is my understanding that KKGN is the station she worked for before Air America and it is the station to which she is returning.

Air America had suspended Randi Rhodes after she called Hillary Clinton 'a fucking whore' in a stage appearance. And now she has resigned:

Air America Media was informed last night by Ms. Rhodes that she has chosen to terminate her employment with the company. We wish her well and thank her for past services to Air America.
So she's going to San Francisco:

UPDATE: John Scott, Program Director of Green960, speaks out:
"We have been very frustrated the past few days in our efforts to rectify the Randi Rhodes Situation (her suspension by her network, Air America Radio). It is our understanding that today (April 9th) she is no longer an employee of Air America. So we are bringing her back."

Our money was on her going to XM/Sirius where lunatic potty mouths are embraced...but ok. (http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/radiodispatched/rhodes_quits_air_america_82131.asp)

red states rule
04-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Try again

Her insane rant was not done on the air. It was at a politcal rally

Dead Air America only fired her because she attacked liberals

glockmail
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
BS. This is what happens when you use profanity on the air. ANY radio show would've fired her. I hear Howard Stern has his own satellite station right now.

Yurt
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
crocodile *sniffles*

manu1959
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM

Last week Air America suspended Randi Rhodes for abusive, obscene language at a recent public appearance in San Francisco which was sponsored by an Air America affiliate station.

Hagbard Celine
04-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Such an overwhelming reaction to my making such a small mistake. I'm flattered.
None of it changes the fact that my argument is still sound and (by the way) correct. According to the OP, she got fired for "crossing Hillary." What she actually got fired for was using profanity. On-air, off air. Regardless, it wasn't Hillary who got her fired, it was herself.
I'm glad to see that so many of you are waiting in the wings to spring upon every semantic mistake I make. I guess if I were ever going to take any of you seriously though you'd have to first clean up your grammar, spelling and pronunciation as well as the general coherency of your posts. Really though, thanks for correcting me. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't tell you I appreciated it. ;)

Yurt
04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
None of it changes the fact that my argument is still sound and (by the way) correct. According to the OP, she got fired for "crossing Hillary." What she actually got fired for was using profanity. On-air, off air. Regardless, it wasn't Hillary who got her fired, it was herself.
I'm glad to see that so many of you are waiting in the wings to spring upon every semantic mistake I make. I guess if I were ever going to take any of you seriously though you'd have to first clean up your grammar, spelling and pronunciation as well as the general coherency of your posts. Really though, thanks for correcting me. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't tell you I appreciated it. ;)

you should be...it means most of us here respect your posts/opinions...not always, but you are respected

stephanie
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM

You just go on thinking it wasn't because she called the HILL a..."f$$king whore"..

BUT....If she had said that about any Republican women, she wouldn't of been fired.....they would of given her a raise..:coffee:

Hagbard Celine
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
You just go on thinking it wasn't because she called the HILL a...f$$king "whore"..

BUT....If she had said that about any Republican women, she wouldn't of been fired.....they would of given her a raise..:coffee:

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't. It was because she used obscene language. Using that kind of language at a public event and when representing an organization made up of more people than yourself is unacceptable. Her getting fired had everything to do with the language she used.

stephanie
04-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll give you a hint, it wasn't. It was because she used obscene language. Using that kind of language at a public event and when representing an organization made up of more people than yourself is unacceptable. Her getting fired had everything to do with the language she used.

Yeah sure..

If the tape of it hadn't gotten out, nothing would of been done about it..You can bet they heard an earful from the Hill and her team though, once it was shown...

I still say my reasoning of her firing........is the right one...:laugh2:

red states rule
04-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah sure..

If the tape of it hadn't gotten out, nothing would of been done about it..You can bet they heard an earful from the Hill and her team though, once it was shown...

I still say my reasoning of her firing........is the right one...:laugh2:

You got it Stephanie. The tapes is a couple months old. Dead Air America took action AFTER the tape came out

If she would have said the same thing about Republcans, NOTHING would have happened to her

She just many outrageous things about Republicans for years, and her bosses never called her on them