PDA

View Full Version : Obama supports BAN of ALL semi-automatic weapons

theHawk
04-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Looks like our next would-be Prez has no qualms with shredding the 2nd amendment up to use as toliet paper.

Behold, Obama's answers on the Illinois State Legislative Election 1998 National Political Awareness Test:

Gun Issues
(Back to top) Indicate which principles you support (if any) concerning gun issues.
X a) Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
X b) Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
c) Maintain state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
d) Ease state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
e) Repeal state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms by law-abiding citizens.
f) Favor allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms.
X g) Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
h) Other
http://www.votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=9490

Something tells me this is going to be HUGE in the election. What the fuck are Americans supposed to defend their homes with? Single bolt-action rifles?

5stringJeff
04-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Something tells me this is going to be HUGE in the election. What the fuck are Americans supposed to defend their homes with? Single bolt-action rifles?

If you're good, you can get off 25-30 rounds per minute with one of those! :D

Seriously, though, you're right. The last thing America needs is more gun control.

Mr. P
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
In all fairness that was 10 yrs ago. Could he change, did he change?

I wouldn't take the chance...just saying.

Monkeybone
04-10-2008, 09:25 PM
no, he said when asked, that he supports the 2nd Amendment and then turned around and said that he also supported bans on guns.

theHawk
04-11-2008, 07:54 AM
His whole career he has worked to enact more gun control laws. The only exception was when he voted to allow retired police officers the right to conceal carry. This was only done to win the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

glockmail
04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Am I missing something here? A semi-automatic simply means self-loading. As in "pistol", not revolver. I doesn't mean "automatic" or "fully automatic".

Is Obama simply misunderstanding the term, or is he simply a gun-grabber?

Sitarro
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Am I missing something here? A semi-automatic simply means self-loading. As in "pistol", not revolver. I doesn't mean "automatic" or "fully automatic".

That would also mean a decent shotgun for self defense...... he's a dildo and liberals love to turn him on and play with him. That's why it seems he is talking with his head up someone's ass.

04-11-2008, 12:09 PM
of course he does. Banning guns is key to self defense. if the people cant protect themselves than the government can do whatever the heck they want.

Pale Rider
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
This little lop eared, racist, turd is just plain scary. I've seen too many impromptu interviews of his supporters, and when asked why they're voting for them, they all regurgitate "change." But when pressed for what change, they stand there with this blank look on their face like.... well.... mfm... :laugh:

theHawk
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM

If Obama doesn't know the difference between a semi-automatic weapon and an automatic weapon then there is no fucking way he should be given the charge of protecting our Constitutional rights.

His record shows he is most definately a "gun-grabber".

hjmick
04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I won't give up my 1911.

Pale Rider
04-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I won't give up my 1911.

Then keep Montana in mind, because they've already said that if there is a movement to disarm America, they're going to secede from the Union. My guess is many states would follow.

Sitarro
04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Then keep Montana in mind, because they've already said that if there is a movement to disarm America, they're going to secede from the Union. My guess is many states would follow.

I wonder what the entire south will have to say....... :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Like I've said before, Charlie Manson is in jail laughing his ass off.

hjmick
04-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Missoula is already near the top of my list of places to move.

dread
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
His whole career he has worked to enact more gun control laws. The only exception was when he voted to allow retired police officers the right to conceal carry. This was only done to win the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

Wait...Did the FOP actually buy into that bullshit?

manu1959
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
i have a semi automatic air rifle......am i going to jail........

Mr. P
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
i have a semi automatic air rifle......am i going to jail........

Yep! You live in the middle of loon town...before they're done you'll go to jail for having a pop gun.:laugh2:

manu1959
05-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Yep! You live in the middle of loon town...before they're done you'll go to jail for having a pop gun.:laugh2:

i will give them some medical marry juan a and ask them not to judge....

gabosaurus
05-14-2008, 11:37 PM
First of all, why does anyone need automatic or semi-automatic weapons?
The "right to bear arms" shouldn't mean that everyone has the right to own an Uzi or a machine gun.
Do you not feel secure enough with a hand gun or a rifle? What's the deal?

hjmick
05-14-2008, 11:45 PM
The "right to bear arms" shouldn't mean that everyone has the right to own an Uzi or a machine gun.

Some handguns can be considered semi-automatic. Case in point, the 1911. A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun that can be fired in semi-automatic mode, firing one cartridge for each pull of the trigger. A semi-automatic pistol functions by using the energy from the recoil of a single round of ammunition to extract and eject a fired cartridge from the pistol's chamber and load an unfired round from a magazine into the chamber for the next shot.

manu1959
05-14-2008, 11:56 PM

why shouldn't it mean that......how does it hurt you if i have an uzi in my gun safe at home.....

Psychoblues
05-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I desparately need a fully automatic M-16.

I needed it when I was age 18 in Viet Nam. I needed it again in Grenada in 1983, in Panama in 1989 and I carried it constantly in Saudi Arabia and Iraq in 1990 and 1991.

What's the problem with fully automatic firearms? I love them. They are most generally my friend, don't you know?

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I desparately need a fully automatic M-16.

I needed it when I was age 18 in Viet Nam. I needed it again in Grenada in 1983, in Panama in 1989 and I carried it constantly in Saudi Arabia and Iraq in 1990 and 1991.

What's the problem with fully automatic firearms? I love them. They are most generally my friend, don't you know?

what...no kosovo............or somalia.....protest the clinton years....good for you....

Psychoblues
05-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Actually, I did not and do not protest the Clinton years. I found them quite satisfactory and even elevating to some extent. What is your problem, m'59? Are you dissatified? 2008 is a great year to express your national ambitions. Where do you lie on the political landscape?

dread
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM

I take it you have never masturbated?

Psychoblues
05-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Gabby, masturbate?!?!??!!?!?!??!?!? How could you think that?

I take it you have never masturbated?

Gabby is a progressive democrat and we get our kicks in a more twosome natural way. Don't you agree, gabby?

Sitarro
05-15-2008, 01:06 AM

So you know nothing about guns and you want to screw around with our most fundamental right. Typical of the loons that are drunk on the crap Obammysiah is shoveling.

Psychoblues
05-15-2008, 01:13 AM
So you think guns are our most fundamental right? Have you ever considered freedom in the broader sense?

So you know nothing about guns and you want to screw around with our most fundamental right. Typical of the loons that are drunk on the crap Obammysiah is shoveling.

Please quote Obama on the gun rights issue. I think you are the one who is spreading shit without foundation here, zero.

I'm listening?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

theHawk
05-15-2008, 10:48 AM

Automatic weapons are already banned.

Semi-automatic weapons describe just about every other weapon. A semi-auto simply means when you pull the trigger a bullet comes out. Many handguns are semi-auto. Non semi-automatics are revolvers, single-bolt action rifles, and shotguns. We already know Barry supports the DC ban on all handguns too.

Now this means that if Barry gets his way, law-abiding citizens will be left with limited options for defending their own home and family. Oh yea, Barry will let you own a single bolt action rifle, hope you know how to reload quickly should a couple of thugs break into your house in the middle of the night, especially if they're carrying some nice semi-auto handguns.

Weapons bans will never prevent the thugs from getting their hands on them. Do you think that someone who is willing to trespass, break and enter, steal, and even rape and murder people are going to give a shit about Barry's weapon ban laws?