PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, their called liberals

actsnoblemartin
04-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Obama says some voters are angry, bitter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_el_pr/obama_bitter_voters

By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - In the midst of an assault from his rivals, a defensive Barack Obama said Friday that many working-class Americans are angry and bitter over economic inequalities and have lost faith in Washington — and, as a result, vote on the basis of other issues such as gun protections or gay marriage.

The Illinois senator's analysis of what motivates working-class voters came after chief rival Hillary Rodham Clinton accused him of looking down on such voters. Clinton rebuked Obama on Friday for similar remarks he made privately last Sunday to a group of donors in San Francisco.

theHawk
04-11-2008, 10:14 PM
MY GOD. Can this shitbag be anymore of an elitest liberal who hates rural America?

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years. ... And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

People are "bitter" for being religious? We have to be "bitter" to want to protect and practice our 2nd amendment rights?

This shitbag is so out of touch....

04-12-2008, 12:19 AM
if people are sitting around waiting for government to supply them with a job then yes, they are indeed liberals.

midcan5
04-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I agree that many are 'bitter,' - although I think that word too strong - they work long hours and see no end in sight. They believe that some have it easy and they wonder why not them. They watch TV which presents an alternate reality. We live in a sort of culture of make believe as Derrick Jensen writes. But both Frank and Bageant have written good stuff on this issue.

"Americans have a six grade knowledge of economics and politics? Why do the working poor vote for republicans.

"Joe Bageant joined 9am to discuss his new book 'Deer Hunting with Jesus' which he wrote after returning to his home town of Winchester, Virginia.""

http://ten.com.au/ten/tv_videos.html?channel=9AM+WITH+DAVID+AND+KIM&clipId=1427_9am_432lg1_061107

April15
04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Cannibals of the world agree thaT POLITICAL AFFILIATION MAKES NO DIFFERENCE IN HOW THE HUMAN TASTES.

Yurt
04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I agree that many are 'bitter,' - although I think that word too strong - they work long hours and see no end in sight. They believe that some have it easy and they wonder why not them. They watch TV which presents an alternate reality. We live in a sort of culture of make believe as Derrick Jensen writes. But both Frank and Bageant have written good stuff on this issue.

"Americans have a six grade knowledge of economics and politics? Why do the working poor vote for republicans.

"Joe Bageant joined 9am to discuss his new book 'Deer Hunting with Jesus' which he wrote after returning to his home town of Winchester, Virginia.""

http://ten.com.au/ten/tv_videos.html?channel=9AM+WITH+DAVID+AND+KIM&clipId=1427_9am_432lg1_061107

if you agree they are bitter...why is that too strong of a word?

who forces them to watch tv? i wanted to be 6'4 225 pounds so i could continue quarterbacking past JV, however, i did not grow that tall, i wonder why some have so good and i don't....garbage, if someone is going to be envious, thats their problem and guess what, its not just your so-called bitter working class, even the wealth have envy