PDA

View Full Version : A Truely Inconvenient Truth

Sitarro
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Got to love this hypocrisy........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

Sitarro
02-26-2007, 06:33 PM
The ultimate example of "Do as I say, not as I do".....how will the pansies spin this one? Psycho???? Gump????

stephanie
02-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Got to love this hypocrisy........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

BUT...He's the High Priest of the Global Warming Religion...
So, he of course get a pass..
Just like all the other liberal millionaire hyprocrits..:laugh2:

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
The ultimate example of "Do as I say, not as I do".....how will the pansies spin this one? Psycho???? Gump????

So could it be Gore knows what bullshit he is propagating and he's not worried about how much carbon his jet is emitting???

stephanie
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
So could it be Gore knows what bullshit he is propagating and he's not worried about how much carbon his jet is emitting???

That's exactly it..
He doesnt care, because he can afford to purchase these CARBON CREDITS, their trying to push on us...

It's us poor peons who are going to get hurt the worst...

THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT..

Al Bore is the biggest piece of shit walking..

glockmail
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
.....".....how will the pansies spin this one? Psycho???? Gump????

1. He's running his web site from there.
2. He uses a lot of electricity to cool his big brain.
3. He has a lot of TVs to keep up with world news.
4. It's Bush's fault.

02-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Don't worry. he has bought his indulgences...err carbon credits. He can sin all he wants. its you poor people that cant.

manu1959
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
give his size .... one can only imagine the amount of methane he puts out.....he has becom the sally struthers of the democrat party

Bonnie
02-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Don't worry. he has bought his indulgences...err carbon credits. He can sin all he wants. its you poor people that cant.

That's right, just the mere fact that he has brought this to our attention means he gets carte blanche.....

Gem
02-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Anybody know if Gore's home is just an office? If it's also his home how do you know whether or not one of the family is a professional potter that runs a kiln or two?
Ya never know!

Gem

Birdzeye
02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
But the question -- as it always should be in politics -- is, is he doing all that he can now, and the answer appears to be yes. As Gore's electric bill (and yes, it's public record -- strange but true) shows, he and Tipper voluntarily pay the higher cost for something called Green Power Switch, which uses more expensive energy from renewable sources like wind and solar power. He purchases offsets for carbon fuel use.

Yes, he uses more electricity than you or me, but the house of this former Vice President and his wife has offices and staffers and security needs that we don't have either. His car today is an SUV, but it's also a hybrid.

So at the end of the day, what does it all mean? When you peel away all the layers, it means that when it comes to greenhouse gases and climate change -- one of the three great interlocking issues of our time, along with Peak Oil and war and peace in the oil-producing regions -- that the conservative movement has absolutely zero to say.

Because, think about it -- if global warming isn't really a problem, then they shouldn't care how much electricity he uses, and if it is a problem, then there's bigger fish to fry out there than one man in Tennessee and his mansion and SUV, right? Why can't conservatives argue THE ISSUE of global warming, rather than this crap.

02-28-2007, 05:25 PM
But the question -- as it always should be in politics -- is, is he doing all that he can now, and the answer appears to be yes. As Gore's electric bill (and yes, it's public record -- strange but true) shows, he and Tipper voluntarily pay the higher cost for something called Green Power Switch, which uses more expensive energy from renewable sources like wind and solar power. He purchases offsets for carbon fuel use.

Yes, he uses more electricity than you or me, but the house of this former Vice President and his wife has offices and staffers and security needs that we don't have either. His car today is an SUV, but it's also a hybrid.

So at the end of the day, what does it all mean? When you peel away all the layers, it means that when it comes to greenhouse gases and climate change -- one of the three great interlocking issues of our time, along with Peak Oil and war and peace in the oil-producing regions -- that the conservative movement has absolutely zero to say.

Because, think about it -- if global warming isn't really a problem, then they shouldn't care how much electricity he uses, and if it is a problem, then there's bigger fish to fry out there than one man in Tennessee and his mansion and SUV, right? Why can't conservatives argue THE ISSUE of global warming, rather than this crap.

Like I said, he bought his indulgences so he can sin all he wants.

The issue isnt how much electricity he has. its the fact that he is a utter hypocrite who has no right to try to pass policy forcing the poor to follow his moral lifestyle

Abbey Marie
02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Like I said, he bought his indulgences so he can sin all he wants.

The issue isnt how much electricity he has. its the fact that he is a utter hypocrite who has no right to try to pass policy forcing the poor to follow his moral lifestyle

Much like the Hollywood limousine liberals espousing social policies from behind their gated mansions.

stephanie
02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Much like the Hollywood limousine liberals espousing social policies from behind their gated mansions.

:clap:

glockmail
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
.... Why can't conservatives argue THE ISSUE of global warming, rather than this crap. Why can't liberals propose a workable alternative to carbon-based fuels, like nuclear power?

Gem
03-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Why can't liberals propose a workable alternative to carbon-based fuels, like nuclear power?

I hear property is pretty cheap around Chernobyl, Glockmail!
Wanna buy some?

Gem
:rolleyes:

CSM
03-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Wanna buy some?

Gem

So Gem, care to tell us when you are moving to that house on the prairie that has an outhouse and no electricity? Doesn't it bother you that the computer you use to troll this board contributes to global warming and all that stuff? Or are you just bitching at us normal folks while living the same hypocritical life that Mr. Gore is. I bet you even have a car that runs on nasty old oil and gas....

stephanie
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM
:trolls:

:uhoh:

KitchenKitten99
03-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Global warming ISN'T a problem, but because he made this movie, and is running around the country bitching that it is, then these figures come out, it proves his hypocricy. If he's telling us that there is a problem, and we are all to do our share, and he's not abiding by it, there is a big problem with that. Liberals have this "Do as I say, and not as I do" mentality that I can't comprehend.

If he's gonna tell me that I should drive a more fuel efficient car, then since he can afford these outrageous energy bills, he can just buy me a new car too. And how about paying my utility bills while he's at it?

Besides, why does he NEED a mansion that big? Does his family NEED 20 rooms? I live in and do in-home daycare in a 1600 sq ft rambler. If I can do it, why can't he? Why doesn't he downsize to something that is more like the average home of those that elected him? I know you're gonna say that he has a 'right' to own an overly-large home with more room than is actually utilized and so energy is wasted. Well, then it is my right to own and drive a car with a 4.9L V8 engine, simply because I have that right, and he is no better than I when it comes down to it. I put out fewer "carbon footprints" in 5 years than Gore does in 1 year.

03-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Global warming ISN'T a problem, but because he made this movie, and is running around the country bitching that it is, then these figures come out, it proves his hypocricy. If he's telling us that there is a problem, and we are all to do our share, and he's not abiding by it, there is a big problem with that. Liberals have this "Do as I say, and not as I do" mentality that I can't comprehend.

If he's gonna tell me that I should drive a more fuel efficient car, then since he can afford these outrageous energy bills, he can just buy me a new car too. And how about paying my utility bills while he's at it?

Besides, why does he NEED a mansion that big? Does his family NEED 20 rooms? I live in and do in-home daycare in a 1600 sq ft rambler. If I can do it, why can't he? Why doesn't he downsize to something that is more like the average home of those that elected him? I know you're gonna say that he has a 'right' to own an overly-large home with more room than is actually utilized and so energy is wasted. Well, then it is my right to own and drive a car with a 4.9L V8 engine, simply because I have that right, and he is no better than I when it comes down to it. I put out fewer "carbon footprints" in 5 years than Gore does in 1 year.

Why is he spending so much in energy for a house he isnt in most of the time since he is traveling around?

If anyone thinks it's a coincidence that Al Gore is promoting this global warming scare at the same time seeling carbon offsets, is delirious. He is going to make tons of money off people who believe him.

stephanie
03-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Why is he spending so much in energy for a house he is in most of the time since he is traveling around?

If anyone thinks it's a coincidence that Al Gore is promoting this global warming scare at the same time seeling carbon offsets, is delirious. He is going to make tons of money off people who believe him.

Yeah, that's all funny and all........

But if these idiot Democrats.....And that's all OF THEM...NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF THEM DISAGREES.....
How's that for a debate????

The damn thing about this..........is it's going to hurt US......the middle class peons who will pay for these hairbrained ideas of these IDIOTS...:fu:

glockmail
03-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Wanna buy some?

Gem

No Thanks. I'd rather invest in American technology, developed by the greedy capitalist system, then your communist trash!
:laugh2: