PDA

View Full Version : I'm Really Thinking This Is My Next Car...

Pale Rider
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
... and I just happen to like this particular one too. It's got the V-8 and a six speed tranny.... 2005 Cadillac CTS V-Series (http://tinyurl.com/557gal)

Pale Rider
04-12-2008, 05:17 PM
... and I just happen to like this particular one too. It's got the V-8 and a six speed tranny.... 2005 Cadillac CTS V-Series (http://tinyurl.com/557gal)

As fun as those little Saturn Skys look, they're just far too impractical, and they don't come in a hard top. Don't like that.

jackass
04-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice looking car! I would roll in it :)

Pale Rider
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Nice looking car! I would roll in it :)

Price is good, got some go with the V-8 and six speed, red, and it's plush. It would also be the third Cadillac I've owned.

Yeah I'm thinking this is the car.

Yurt
04-12-2008, 09:21 PM
i'm leasing a 2006 camry:

http://images.automotive.com/color/300x187/2006/Toyota/USB60TOC021G0808.jpg

let my wife pick out the details on it (looks just like the pic), nice ride, but we miss SUVs and the camry makes her a wee car sick on trips. have a 91 4runner, but a little old, beach, camping truck. we are way over on the camry miles, so my wife suggested we ask the dealer about trading in...i said i don't think you can because of the miles...she is right, the dealer said no worries.... so probably in august/september i'm getting the sport edition 2008 4runner:

http://www.cardata.com/images/2008_new_cars/Toyota/2008_Toyota_4Runner_SE_V6.jpg

same color, but i might look at getting the V8 so i can tow my (hopefully be able to afford soon) boat and if we take a road trip to canada to see her family, will want the V8 for the mountains.

Mr. P
04-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Go Jap an ya won't come back! :cheers2:

Yurt
04-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Go Jap an ya won't come back! :cheers2:

101,000 miles on the 4runner, a weird tick, tick sound comes from the engine, it is so bad, that one night my wife picked me up at school, i'm out front talking with my prof, and he says....you should get that oil checked...i'm thinking, dude, i know that much about cars... i say...i did, its not the oil...he says i would get that ping checked.

so after proph mentioned it, i went back to toyota and told them you have got to fix this, this is your problem. couldn't find the problem.... told me i had a bad piston, that it was scored.... i said no way, it just started about two months ago and keeps getting worse....

they comp me a full engine except the head.

yeah, i love toyota.

though when i get the dough, i'm am getting a bimmer

Mr. P
04-12-2008, 11:06 PM
101,000 miles on the 4runner, a weird tick, tick sound comes from the engine, it is so bad, that one night my wife picked me up at school, i'm out front talking with my prof, and he says....you should get that oil checked...i'm thinking, dude, i know that much about cars... i say...i did, its not the oil...he says i would get that ping checked.

so after proph mentioned it, i went back to toyota and told them you have got to fix this, this is your problem. couldn't find the problem.... told me i had a bad piston, that it was scored.... i said no way, it just started about two months ago and keeps getting worse....

they comp me a full engine except the head.

yeah, i love toyota.

though when i get the dough, i'm am getting a bimmer
I wasn't directing at you...but DON'T go German...less ya have big bucks..they used to be good but now...errr not so IMO.

Sitarro
04-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Price is good, got some go with the V-8 and six speed, red, and it's plush. It would also be the third Cadillac I've owned.

Yeah I'm thinking this is the car.

And it's rear wheel drive! I really have a hard time having fun in a car with front wheel drive. This car looks like it could be a lot of fun.:salute:

My Winter Storm
04-14-2008, 01:14 AM
What about this little baby?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/MichelleRyan2007/Hyundai-Genesis-Concept-i001.jpg

New Hyundai Genesis - looks quite jazzy, don't you think?

Sitarro
04-14-2008, 01:34 AM

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/MichelleRyan2007/Hyundai-Genesis-Concept-i001.jpg

Korean.

Pale Rider
04-14-2008, 04:50 AM
i'm leasing a 2006 camry:

let my wife pick out the details on it (looks just like the pic), nice ride, but we miss SUVs and the camry makes her a wee car sick on trips. have a 91 4runner, but a little old, beach, camping truck. we are way over on the camry miles, so my wife suggested we ask the dealer about trading in...i said i don't think you can because of the miles...she is right, the dealer said no worries.... so probably in august/september i'm getting the sport edition 2008 4runner:

same color, but i might look at getting the V8 so i can tow my (hopefully be able to afford soon) boat and if we take a road trip to canada to see her family, will want the V8 for the mountains.
My sister used to lease, but didn't like not having some equity. She buys now. But since she buys new, I don't see much of a difference. Because a new car depreciates, sometimes, faster than you can pay it off. You go to trade a car you bought new in three years later and find out you owe more on it than you have paid off. That's why I look for nice cars with low miles that more than likely are one owner and in real good shape. They've done the majority of their depreciating.

And it's rear wheel drive! I really have a hard time having fun in a car with front wheel drive. This car looks like it could be a lot of fun.:salute:
Definnitly rear wheel drive, I agree. Yeah that little Caddy looks like a real fun car, but plush and comfy too.

I prefer to buy American myself. Like the color though.

By the way, cool pic for your avatar. Looks like Sarah Brightman.

My Winter Storm
04-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Korean.

Yes, it is, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be driven! :)

glockmail
04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
... and I just happen to like this particular one too. It's got the V-8 and a six speed tranny.... 2005 Cadillac CTS V-Series (http://tinyurl.com/557gal) You can't beat the color. May not be the best car for those Wisconsin winters though...

glockmail
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM

A piston problem would be better described as a "slap". A 'tick" is usually a stuck hydraulic lifter. It used to be a common problem before they got the lead out of the gas back in the 70's, and can still be for a car that's run on short trips only. Take out all your spark plugs and line them up next to their cylinders. If you have one that's darker than the others, its due to incomplete combustion, and the lifter will be associated with that cylinder. Pull off that head and replace both lifters in that cylinder.