PDA

View Full Version : Surf

Yurt
04-12-2008, 11:04 PM
does anyone here surf? I have tried to master the surf board (pretty good with the body board) and have yet to obtain the same skill level i have with the body board. i tend to kick when coming into a wave, you don't do that on a surfboard. the board is 7'6, so not too big, but i still feel akward on it.

got beat up today in the raging, massive, sick, 2 ft waves....LOL... at morro bay. these freakin 15 year olds were like...wtf? screw them.... i did my best. i didn't hog the lane, i went way out on the side....

Mr. P
04-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I had half of a board when I was a kid (front half). We had a small lake near the neighborhood all the kids would fish in. There was and alligator in there we tried to catch many times and finally did. Anyway...the other kids dared me to paddle across the lake right by where the gator hung-out...I did, scared as chit but made it all the way! That is the extent of my surfboard experience. :cheers2: :laugh2:

Yurt
04-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I had half of a board when I was a kid (front half). We had a small lake near the neighborhood all the kids would fish in. There was and alligator in there we tried to catch many times and finally did. Anyway...the other kids dared me to paddle across the lake right by where the gator hung-out...I did, scared as chit but made it all the way! That is the extent of my surfboard experience. :cheers2: :laugh2:

thats cool. my first experience on a surfboard was at lake arrowhead, seems so easy on a lake.