PDA

View Full Version : Newark councilman arrested in Louisiana traffic stop

82Marine89
04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
CHALMETTE, La. – A city councilman for Newark, N.J., visiting Louisiana to build homes for Habitat for Humanity accused sheriff's deputies of pulling his party over for “driving while black” and was arrested for refusing to identify himself and yelling at the deputies, authorities said.

Oscar Sydney James II, 26, was booked Friday on allegations of disturbing the peace, resisting an officer and littering after a traffic stop in St. Bernard Parish.

James, who denied wrongdoing and vowed to fight the charges, was the passenger in a minivan that was pulled over near the town of Violet, in an area hit hard by Hurricane Katrina.
Authorities said the minivan sped past an unmarked St. Bernard Parish sheriff's cruiser and then switched lanes without using a turn signal.

When the driver of the van, Roman Martin Jr., 25, of Newark, asked the deputies why the vehicle had been pulled over, James interjected: “We were stopped for DWB,” according to the sheriff's office.

Maj. Chad Clark, who was involved in the stop, told The Times-Picayune of New Orleans that the deputies, who were white, asked what James meant and he responded, “Driving while black.”

Everyone in the van was black, Clark said.

He said James refused to identify himself and threw a handful of nails on the ground as deputies moved to pat him down.

“He was yelling at the top his lungs, 'Bring me to jail. Bring me to jail,'” Clark said.

LINK (http://http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20080412-1607-councilman-trafficstop.html)

Sitarro
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
What a surprise from a young punk with too much power, his obvious bigotry against the white people of the south showed through and forced him to open his dumb ass mouth. I'm so bored with the misconceptions about different areas of this country, generalizations don't work. I lived in Denver for 10 years and watched as the KKK had demonstrations twice a year on the Capital steps.... on MLK day and Hitler's birthday. And yet, I have lived over half of my 54 years in the south and have never seen a KKKer, in Texas or Louisiana. I went to high school in Southern California and had to protect my sister and blond girlfriend from black rioters at our school, a school that was 40% minorities. I've seen a black man laying in a pool of blood while a white Chicago cop ate a sandwich standing over the uncovered body.

I've been pulled over in the south for both speeding and changing lanes without a signal..... was it for driving while white?

Dilloduck
04-13-2008, 07:01 PM
CHALMETTE, La. – A city councilman for Newark, N.J., visiting Louisiana to build homes for Habitat for Humanity accused sheriff's deputies of pulling his party over for “driving while black” and was arrested for refusing to identify himself and yelling at the deputies, authorities said.

Oscar Sydney James II, 26, was booked Friday on allegations of disturbing the peace, resisting an officer and littering after a traffic stop in St. Bernard Parish.

James, who denied wrongdoing and vowed to fight the charges, was the passenger in a minivan that was pulled over near the town of Violet, in an area hit hard by Hurricane Katrina.
Authorities said the minivan sped past an unmarked St. Bernard Parish sheriff's cruiser and then switched lanes without using a turn signal.

When the driver of the van, Roman Martin Jr., 25, of Newark, asked the deputies why the vehicle had been pulled over, James interjected: “We were stopped for DWB,” according to the sheriff's office.

Maj. Chad Clark, who was involved in the stop, told The Times-Picayune of New Orleans that the deputies, who were white, asked what James meant and he responded, “Driving while black.”

Everyone in the van was black, Clark said.

He said James refused to identify himself and threw a handful of nails on the ground as deputies moved to pat him down.

“He was yelling at the top his lungs, 'Bring me to jail. Bring me to jail,'” Clark said.

LINK (http://http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20080412-1607-councilman-trafficstop.html)

Typical black New Jersey councilman :laugh2:

82Marine89
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
What a surprise from a young punk with too much power, his obvious bigotry against the white people of the south showed through and forced him to open his dumb ass mouth. I'm so bored with the misconceptions about different areas of this country, generalizations don't work. I lived in Denver for 10 years and watched as the KKK had demonstrations twice a year on the Capital steps.... on MLK day and Hitler's birthday. And yet, I have lived over half of my 54 years in the south and have never seen a KKKer, in Texas or Louisiana. I went to high school in Southern California and had to protect my sister and blond girlfriend from black rioters at our school, a school that was 40% minorities. I've seen a black man laying in a pool of blood while a white Chicago cop ate a sandwich standing over the uncovered body.

I've been pulled over in the south for both speeding and changing lanes without a signal..... was it for driving while white?

Typical black New Jersey councilman :laugh2:

This will make him their next senator.

Dilloduck
04-13-2008, 07:09 PM

I had a state trooper pull me over outside of Lubbock for speeding and after I told him where I was going he refused to believe me because I didn't have enough luggage ! I told him to search away but I guess he was too busy or wanted to chase more white dudes. :laugh2: