PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Switcheroo

red states rule
04-14-2008, 05:59 AM
So the "white knight" of liberalism takes blood money from evil pharmaceutical companies and greedy bankers? I am shocked, shocked to learn of such a thing!

I guess it proves what I've been saying all along. Liberals say one thing and do another when they think no one is paying attention. Too bad their followers are so easily fooled.

Obama's Switcheroo
April 11, 2008;

Barack Obama declared this week that he has created a "parallel public financing system." Come again? Let him explain: Under parallel public financing, "the American people decide if they want to support a campaign, they can get on the Internet and finance it."

Up to this moment, "public" financing has meant taking money from the federal government for the general Presidential election. Senator Obama's new system is public, because "the public" sends him the money.

Here's the translation: In November, Mr. Obama said he would accept public financing for the general campaign if John McCain committed to public funds. Now he doesn't want to be tied down by the spending limits attached to public funds. This is embarrassing. Solution: Call his Internet contributors a "parallel public financing" system.

What he is proposing sounds pretty much like what the system would look like if campaign-finance restrictions didn't exist. But they do exist, thanks to reformers like him. Shortly after the candidate made his remarks, a spokesman hurried to say it "was not a policy statement," but merely a description of the nature of his donor base. Barack Obama raised $40 million in the month of March – twice the $20 million Hillary Clinton's campaign took in. His totals are now more than $230 million.

Industry PACs may not give directly to his campaign, but employees of industries may do so, and many of his contributors have come from executives and their spouses. For example, Mr. Obama leads all candidates in donations from the pharmaceutical industry and commercial banks, among other industries. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks fundraising in elections, Mr. Obama has received $528,765 from people in the pharmaceutical industry and $1,380,108 from commercial banks. He comes in second to Mrs. Clinton in donations from lawyers with $13,690,170, just over a million shy of her total.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120787159467506509.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

mundame
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Barack Obama declared this week that he has created a "parallel public financing system." Come again? Let him explain: Under parallel public financing, "the American people decide if they want to support a campaign, they can get on the Internet and finance it."

Up to this moment, "public" financing has meant taking money from the federal government for the general Presidential election. Senator Obama's new system is public, because "the public" sends him the money.

Here's the translation: In November, Mr. Obama said he would accept public financing for the general campaign if John McCain committed to public funds. Now he doesn't want to be tied down by the spending limits attached to public funds. This is embarrassing. Solution: Call his Internet contributors a "parallel public financing" system.

Sheeeesh.

The first thing I thought of is how a defining characteristic of fascism was always the setting up of parallel systems alongside government but owned and run by the Party. So I don't care for this "parallel systems" jargon.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Sheeeesh.

The first thing I thought of is how a defining characteristic of fascism was always the setting up of parallel systems alongside government but owned and run by the Party. So I don't care for this "parallel systems" jargon.

We are starting to see the real side of Barry, and that is why he wil not be elected President

Pale Rider
04-14-2008, 07:47 PM
We are starting to see the real side of Barry, and that is why he wil not be elected President

Not only will not be President, but people will probably learn enough about him that he'll lose his senate seat as well. He's a POS, racist.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Not only will not be President, but people will probably learn enough about him that he'll lose his senate seat as well. He's a POS, racist.

The good news is Pale, Hillary has opened up a 20 point lead here in PA according to a poll that came out today

Even PA Dems are getting sick of Barry and his racist comments

Kathianne
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM

Never, ever underestimate Illinois votes. He'll be there as long or longer than Durbin.

red states rule
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Never, ever underestimate Illinois votes. He'll be there as long or longer than Durbin.

and I am sorry you live in such a liberal wacko state

Kathianne
04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
and I am sorry you live in such a liberal wacko state

Me too!

red states rule
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Me too!

I could never live in such a place. PA may be a blue state for now, but I live in a very conservative county

So I have some relief from the kook libs in Harrisburg

Kathianne
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
I could never live in such a place. PA may be a blue state for now, but I live in a very conservative county

So I have some relief from the kook libs in Harrisburg

Can't get more conservative than DuPage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPage_County,_Illinois). ;)

red states rule
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Can't get more conservative than DuPage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuPage_County,_Illinois). ;)

Pres Bush won my county in 2000 with 70%, and 75% in 2004

The Dems hold their monthly meetings a downtown phone booth