PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition Shooting at it's Finest

TheStripey1
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks to the guy I BowFlex with, I had the opportunity to catch Tom Knapp (http://www.tomknapp.net/) yesterday at our local gun club and I have to tell you... IF you don't go see this man shoot when and if he comes to a facility near you, you will be missing something special.

He wowed the crowd of several hundred avid fans for about an hour by shooting self-thrown clay targets out of the air with seeming ease. He set the World Record with 9 hit out of 9 thrown back in '93 and we got to see him hit 8 of 9 twice yesterday... amazing...

He shot targets with the Benelli shotgun raised over his head and held upside down... from the hip... and one handed... yes, I said one handed... he was demonstrating how well Benelli's new recoil absorbtion package worked... in one of his shots, he threw 2 clay targets high into the air, blasted one then lowered the weapon to blast four balloons at hip level, then raised it to hit the final clay target before it hit the ground... all in less than 2 seconds...

One of the funnier routines was his demonstration of what he calls the Benelli Omelet maker... 1st you take 30 eggs... and give them to 6 kids that he had called from the audience, who then threw those eggs, one at a time, into the air down range... high, low, far, near and he blasted each one...

He also demonstrated the Benelli Salad Shooter by pulverizing an apple, a potato, a cantalope, a tomato, two cauliflowers, a cabbage annnnnnnd a can of whipping creme...

He showed how well the Benelli charcoal pulverizer worked for transforming charcoal briquets into "kindling"...

After the show, Tom graciously answered questions and signed autographs.

My friend and I hot footed it over to the local gun shop that had sponsored the event where a drawing took place and the lucky winner won a Benelli M2 12 gauge shotgun just like the one Tom Knapp used in his exhibition... unfortunately, my friend didn't win that... but he did win the new EasyHit gunsight...

All in all, a fun time...

Here... check out his website and see if he is coming to a Gun Club near you...

Tom Knapp (http://www.tomknapp.net/)

If he is... GO!
If he isn't, contact your gun club and see if they will schedule him...

I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed...

Hagbard Celine
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I applied for my firearms permit like a month ago and it still hasn't arrived in my mailbox yet. I'm mad.

Sitarro
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks to the guy I BowFlex with, I had the opportunity to catch Tom Knapp (http://www.tomknapp.net/) yesterday at our local gun club and I have to tell you... IF you don't go see this man shoot when and if he comes to a facility near you, you will be missing something special.

He wowed the crowd of several hundred avid fans for about an hour by shooting self-thrown clay targets out of the air with seeming ease. He set the World Record with 9 hit out of 9 thrown back in '93 and we got to see him hit 8 of 9 twice yesterday... amazing...

He shot targets with the Benelli shotgun raised over his head and held upside down... from the hip... and one handed... yes, I said one handed... he was demonstrating how well Benelli's new recoil absorbtion package worked... in one of his shots, he threw 2 clay targets high into the air, blasted one then lowered the weapon to blast four balloons at hip level, then raised it to hit the final clay target before it hit the ground... all in less than 2 seconds...

One of the funnier routines was his demonstration of what he calls the Benelli Omelet maker... 1st you take 30 eggs... and give them to 6 kids that he had called from the audience, who then threw those eggs, one at a time, into the air down range... high, low, far, near and he blasted each one...

He also demonstrated the Benelli Salad Shooter by pulverizing an apple, a potato, a cantalope, a tomato, two cauliflowers, a cabbage annnnnnnd a can of whipping creme...

He showed how well the Benelli charcoal pulverizer worked for transforming charcoal briquets into "kindling"...

After the show, Tom graciously answered questions and signed autographs.

My friend and I hot footed it over to the local gun shop that had sponsored the event where a drawing took place and the lucky winner won a Benelli M2 12 gauge shotgun just like the one Tom Knapp used in his exhibition... unfortunately, my friend didn't win that... but he did win the new EasyHit gunsight...

All in all, a fun time...

Here... check out his website and see if he is coming to a Gun Club near you...

Tom Knapp (http://www.tomknapp.net/)

If he is... GO!
If he isn't, contact your gun club and see if they will schedule him...

I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed...

Do you realize just how stupid it is to promote Obamessiah, who is in favor of banning all semi-automatic weapons which would essentially end Tom Knapp's career and make the weapon that your friend was trying to win illegal? Those silly little you tube videos reveal just how naive you are.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

TheStripey1
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I applied for my firearms permit like a month ago and it still hasn't arrived in my mailbox yet. I'm mad.

Are you trying to claim that you can shoot as well as Tom Knapp? Or are you just looking for sympathy? In either case, fugettaboutit.

Be Patient. They're doing their JOB.

Maybe they're still checking to make sure you aren't some kind of whackoe capable of flying off the handle for no good reason...

:dance:

TheStripey1
04-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Do you realize just how stupid it is to promote Obamessiah, who is in favor of banning all semi-automatic weapons which would essentially end Tom Knapp's career and make the weapon that your friend was trying to win illegal? Those silly little you tube videos reveal just how naive you are.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Well.. no... I didn't... Got a link? If yes... Post it somewhere up in the politics zone... and if you send me the link in a PM, I'll get around to it... maybe...

but to use a cheneyism I'm sure you're familiar with...

So?

WTF does my support of Obama have to do with Sunday's exhibition? I thought this was the no-politics zone... I was just sharing a fun time I had... don't you ever take a break from politics and these stupid boards? Or is posting day in day out on these boards, all you live for?

You should try pushing yourself away from the keyboard once in a while, Sit... go for a walk... take a bike ride... work out... do something besides sit on your ass pounding away on the keyboard.

:dance:

Psychoblues
05-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Don't worry about it, Stripey1. zero is more concerned with what he calls Obamessiah. His sickness will never be cured.

On the other hand, thanks for your report and your support of firearms and the techniques and use for which all arms bearing Americans should appreciate.

I am an Air Force sharpshooter that was heavily recruited for more ominous, in my opinion, missions than I was not prepared to engage. God bless the sharpshooters but more importantly, GOD BLESS AMERICA.

actsnoblemartin
05-19-2008, 01:47 AM
God Bless You patriot, along with all the veterans on this board, whether they are democrats or republicans, for or against this war, or whatever.

Don't worry about it, Stripey1. zero is more concerned with what he calls Obamessiah. His sickness will never be cured.

On the other hand, thanks for your report and your support of firearms and the techniques and use for which all arms bearing Americans should appreciate.

I am an Air Force sharpshooter that was heavily recruited for more ominous, in my opinion, missions than I was not prepared to engage. God bless the sharpshooters but more importantly, GOD BLESS AMERICA.