PDA

View Full Version : Liberal gun demands getting weirder and weirder

Little-Acorn
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Read the article carefully. Wal-mart has agreed "to retain records of all sales in which guns are later found to be used in crimes".

How, exactly, will Wal-mart do this?

Say they sell a bunch of guns in 2007. A year later, they look at police records and find that 3 of them have been used in crimes, while 5,267 have not. So they retain those three records, and toss out the other 5,267. They are in complete compliance with this "agreement".

A year after that, a fourth gun from that batch of sales, is used in a crime. Police demand the records for that gun, from Wal-mart. Since Wal-mart tossed it out last year, they get busted and some Wal-mart executive goes to jail.

This apparently makes sense somehow, to some anti-gun-rights individual on Bloomberg's staff. Possibly including the boss.

BTW, for those who didn't know, all firearms sales (new or used) by any dealer, including Wal-mart, is already required by Federal law, to have a written record which must be retained by the dealer permanently (see Federal Form 4473). This requirement has been in place for decades.

----------------------------------------------

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gralhnpSNmqf6CzJAV7ELLbucN1gD901OS3G4

Wal-Mart Toughens Gun Policies
2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Wal-Mart, the nation's largest seller of firearms, is striking a deal with outspoken gun control advocate New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on tighter standards for such sales.

Bloomberg is announcing the initiative Monday as he meets with Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group he founded to try to crack down on the unlawful traffic in weapons that are often used in crimes.

Under the group's Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will agree to retain records of all sales in which guns are later found to be used in crimes, said mayoral spokesman Jason Post. The company will also conduct background checks on employees who handle guns.

hjmick
04-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Interesting. As I recall, Wal-Mart doesn't even sell handguns, so the records would only pertain to long guns. When was the last time anyone heard of a bank being robbed with a rifle or shotgun? Too obvious and bulky. There was the bank heist in North Hollywood a few years back, but I seem to recall the perpetrators were using assault weapons and handguns.

Hobbit
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Interesting. As I recall, Wal-Mart doesn't even sell handguns, so the records would only pertain to long guns. When was the last time anyone heard of a bank being robbed with a rifle or shotgun? Too obvious and bulky. There was the bank heist in North Hollywood a few years back, but I seem to recall the perpetrators were using assault weapons and handguns.

Drum-fed AK-47s, to be exact, which is about as illegal as it gets. The cops had nothing but handguns and most didn't even have body armor, once again proving that if you outlaw guns, then you ensure that only the criminals have them.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Drum-fed AK-47s, to be exact, which is about as illegal as it gets. The cops had nothing but handguns and most didn't even have body armor, once again proving that if you outlaw guns, then you ensure that only the criminals have them.

I guess libs want to leave harsh language as our only weapon when confronted by criminals