PDA

View Full Version : Costs soar for Mass Health Care Plan

red states rule
04-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Less than two years old and the cost are already skyrocketing. National health care will bankrupt America. When will the left learn?

Costs soar for Mass. health care law

By STEVE LeBLANC, Associated Press Writer
Sat Apr 12, 3:52 AM ET

BOSTON - Two years after the state's landmark health law was signed, the cracks are starting to show.

Costs are soaring and Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing a dollar-a-pack hike in the state's cigarette tax to help pay for a larger-than-expected enrollment in the law's subsidized insurance plans.

But that hasn't dampened enthusiasm at the Statehouse. Leaders there boast that in the two years since former Gov. Mitt Romney signed the law with a choreographed flourish at historic Faneuil Hall, the number of insured residents has soared by nearly 350,000.

Along the way the law has been scrutinized by other states, sparked the ire of critics on the right and left, and drawn the attention of presidential candidates.

"It's the very first question I get when I'm with other governors," said Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. "I don't think anybody is prepared to say that what we have done here in Massachusetts is necessarily the formula for the rest of the country or for a national reform, but at least we are trying."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_re_us/mass_health_care_law;_ylt=Aq9w4rBSHkr3jXmL.JEnCwzV JRIF

04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
They dont care. they think they can just rachet up the taxes on the "rich". its part of the master plan to get everyone dependent on government.

retiredman
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Let me let you in on a little secret: I have been to democratic party meetings.... that really isn't part of our master plan. I can't really tell you what IS, because it's a closely held secret, but I CAN tell you that making everyone dependent on government is NOT part of the plan. honest.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Let me let you in on a little secret: I have been to democratic party meetings.... that really isn't part of our master plan. I can't really tell you what IS, because it's a closely held secret, but I CAN tell you that making everyone dependent on government is NOT part of the plan. honest.

Bullshit. The more people on a government program, the happier liberals are. That is where they get their power from

retiredman
04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Bullshit. The more people on a government program, the happier liberals are. That is where they get their power from

no. honest. making everyone dependent on government is not part or our master plan. I can tell you that much.... but the rest of the plan IS a secret.:lol:

red states rule
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
no. honest. making everyone dependent on government is not part or our master plan. I can tell you that much.... but the rest of the plan IS a secret.:lol:

It is no secret

Trillions in new taxes

Hundreds of billions in new Federal spending

More government regulation on business

Surrender and appeasement to terrorists

We all know what Dems want

Hobbit
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM

Wrong on both counts.

The Democrats' (Not So) Secret Plan for America (http://boortz.com/more/demsecrets.html)

Seriously, you've got to be an idiot if you don't see the Democrats' constant efforts to make sure that the majority of voters receive subsidies and pay no taxes.

They've already got a majority paying only 5% of the taxes. When that number reaches 0%, then they're set for life, since all they have to do is tax the other half and promise the first half more subsidies on their laziness.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Wrong on both counts.

The Democrats' (Not So) Secret Plan for America (http://boortz.com/more/demsecrets.html)

Seriously, you've got to be an idiot if you don't see the Democrats' constant efforts to make sure that the majority of voters receive subsidies and pay no taxes.

They've already got a majority paying only 5% of the taxes. When that number reaches 0%, then they're set for life, since all they have to do is tax the other half and promise the first half more subsidies on their laziness.

The latest numbers from the IRS show

The top 1% pay 39% of all federal income taxes

The top 25% pay 86% of all federal income taxes

The top 50% pay 97% of all federal income taxes

Yes the Dems say it is not enough

04-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Then why is it every program you support does exactly that?

You may not be intending to (I rather think the leaders do intend to). but the fact is its the result of your policies. If thats not what you want to do, then stop supporting those policies!

04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Wrong on both counts.

the day that happens is the day the counrty will collapse.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Then why is it every program you support does exactly that?

You may not be intending to (I rather think the leaders do intend to). but the fact is its the result of your policies. If thats not what you want to do, then stop supporting those policies!

Look at the state of MI. Liberalism has wrecked the economy and destroyed the states economy

glockmail
04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
BOSTON - Two years after the state's landmark health law was signed, the cracks are starting to show.

Costs are soaring and Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing a dollar-a-pack hike in the state's cigarette tax to help pay for a larger-than-expected enrollment in the law's subsidized insurance plans.
.... When it goes bankrupt Teddy will get the Feds to bail them out, just like he did with the Big Dig.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
When it goes bankrupt Teddy will get the Feds to bail them out, just like he did with the Big Dig.

Not yet. Right now they are falling on the old tax the rich bullshit, and tax the hell out of smokers

mundame
04-16-2008, 12:07 PM
The failure of the Mass. Health Plan is one reason ol' Mitt Romney isn't running for president anymore.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
The failure of the Mass. Health Plan is one reason ol' Mitt Romney isn't running for president anymore.

It is not stopping Obama and Hillary from pushing government run healthcare

Nukeman
04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
No it goes deeper than that. \

They have had more than anticipated wanting to use the Health Plan. what this tells me is that a number of smaller businesses decide to stop offering their iown insurance and send their people to the stae for insurance to save money. After all the workers are paying for the insurance with their own tax money why should they all be allowed to use it. Ohhh wait because its not a simple as the gov't think it is to manage a health care program.

I could tell you stories of the way the fed handles medicare/medicaid and you would honestly not believe me..

red states rule
04-16-2008, 12:16 PM
No it goes deeper than that. \

They have had more than anticipated wanting to use the Health Plan. what this tells me is that a number of smaller businesses decide to stop offering their iown insurance and send their people to the stae for insurance to save money. After all the workers are paying for the insurance with their own tax money why should they all be allowed to use it. Ohhh wait because its not a simple as the gov't think it is to manage a health care program.

I could tell you stories of the way the fed handles medicare/medicaid and you would honestly not believe me..

The US government will do for healthcare what they have done for the public education system

mundame
04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
The US government wil do for healthcare what they have done for the public education system

That's right, RSR, I entirely agree.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
That's right, RSR, I entirely agree.

Then why, may I ask, are you backing hillary and her Hillarycare plan?