PDA

View Full Version : Keith Olbermann As Katie Couric's Replacement at CBS?

red states rule
04-15-2008, 08:00 AM
The moonbat left is pushing CBS to make Keith Olbermann the new anchor at CBS if they dump perky Katie overboard

Even though Keith has dismal rating for his show "Countdown To No Ratings" over at LSDNBC, they feel he would be a good choice. How can a failed sportscaster, who has a secure grip on the basement when it comes to ratings improve the numbers for CBS News?

Memo to CBS: If you’re looking for a news anchor, how about hiring Keith Olbermann?
by margieburns on Mon 14 Apr 2008 03:03 PM EDT | Permanent Link
A sprinkling of news reports has suggested that CBS is looking for a replacement for Katie Couric. Not to do product placement here, and I have not been hired by anyone to provide PR for Keith Olbermann—who doesn’t need it anyway--but there is something to be said for sportscasters. They have to know how to count, they learn to keep their eye on the ball, and they have to be able to understand concepts like fair play. This may not sound like much of a yardstick, but it’s like knowing what beats what in poker—if you take a seat at the table, there is this irreducible minimum-type skill set you should theoretically have. As my son pointed out to me, sportscasters do not often comment too heavily on politics, but when they do, they tend to get it right. By the way, politics is not a dirty word; we are all members of the polity, and a consciousness of that fundamental is built into our system of government—but in any case, when the sports people do venture on current events, aside from weather conditions, their few, selective comments tend to be at least somewhere in the neighborhood of right, just and apt.

None of the above can be counted on in the evening news broadcasts allowed by the three television networks. Whether because of assaults from the rightwing noise machine and the consequent Fox-ification of journalism, the consolidation of outlets in the traditional news media, or an emphasis on advertising and entertainment at the expense of news, it would be very nearly providential to find out much about all five of the biggest events of any given day by turning on any of the nightly news shows. Hence the comparative strength of Countdown; you get some sense of proportion.

http://www.margieburns.com/blog/_archives/2008/4/14/3638844.html

Classact
04-15-2008, 08:21 AM
The moonbat left is pushing CBS to make Keith Olbermann the new anchor at CBS if they dump perky Katie overboard

Even though Keith has dismal rating for his show "Countdown To No Ratings" over at LSDNBC, they feel he would be a good choice. How can a failed sportscaster, who has a secure grip on the basement when it comes to ratings improve the numbers for CBS News?

Memo to CBS: If you’re looking for a news anchor, how about hiring Keith Olbermann?
by margieburns on Mon 14 Apr 2008 03:03 PM EDT | Permanent Link
A sprinkling of news reports has suggested that CBS is looking for a replacement for Katie Couric. Not to do product placement here, and I have not been hired by anyone to provide PR for Keith Olbermann—who doesn’t need it anyway--but there is something to be said for sportscasters. They have to know how to count, they learn to keep their eye on the ball, and they have to be able to understand concepts like fair play. This may not sound like much of a yardstick, but it’s like knowing what beats what in poker—if you take a seat at the table, there is this irreducible minimum-type skill set you should theoretically have. As my son pointed out to me, sportscasters do not often comment too heavily on politics, but when they do, they tend to get it right. By the way, politics is not a dirty word; we are all members of the polity, and a consciousness of that fundamental is built into our system of government—but in any case, when the sports people do venture on current events, aside from weather conditions, their few, selective comments tend to be at least somewhere in the neighborhood of right, just and apt.

None of the above can be counted on in the evening news broadcasts allowed by the three television networks. Whether because of assaults from the rightwing noise machine and the consequent Fox-ification of journalism, the consolidation of outlets in the traditional news media, or an emphasis on advertising and entertainment at the expense of news, it would be very nearly providential to find out much about all five of the biggest events of any given day by turning on any of the nightly news shows. Hence the comparative strength of Countdown; you get some sense of proportion.

http://www.margieburns.com/blog/_archives/2008/4/14/3638844.htmlI thought Keith Olbermann was a comedian? Are you telling me he is a serious news person?

red states rule
04-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I thought Keith Olbermann was a comedian? Are you telling me he is a serious news person?

His ratings prove he is neither

glockmail
04-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I can just hear it now: "The Worst News Anchor in the World!" :lol:

Man who needs comedy when you've got Liberals?

red states rule
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I can just hear it now: "The Worst News Anchor in the World!" :lol:

Man who needs comedy when you've got Liberals?

He will do for CBS News what he has done for LSDNBC - ratings so low they have a hard time measuring them

04-15-2008, 09:57 AM
so basically the left is going to try to make another hero out of people who have failed... how utterly ironic.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 10:02 AM
so basically the left is going to try to make another hero out of people who have failed... how utterly ironic.

Much like they are trying with Jimmy Carter and Al Gore

hjmick
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Olbermann is a hack. I've never liked him, he's a fucking jerk. That sentiment goes all the way back to his sports days in Los Angeles.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Olbermann is a hack. I've never liked him, he's a fucking jerk. That sentiment goes all the way back to his sports days in Los Angeles.

Which is why he is loved, admired, and respected by the left

Abbey Marie
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Some other unemployed moonbats who make about as much sense for the job:

1. Randi Rhodes

2. Cynthia McKinney

3. Cindy Sheehan

JimmyAteWorld
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Why don't they just make it into a reality game show? "Who Want to Host the CBS Evening News?" Contestants from all over the country could come to New York and be put to the test in various challenges.

*Fabricating news stories

*Making excuses when the fabricated news story is exposed

*Cheap ways to get ratings

*Five way to piss on the reputation of Walter Cronkite

*What to do when Dan Rather pisses on you

The show could provide a new anchor often enough to catch all the ratings of the curious and people who enjoy seeing the beginning of a train wreck. If any winner manages to keep CBS out of the basement for six consecutive weeks, they can keep the job.

Can't be any worse than what they are doing now.

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Some other unemployed moonbats who make about as much sense for the job:

1. Randi Rhodes

2. Cynthia McKinney

3. Cindy Sheehan

cindy will be too busy learning Pelosi's job.......

manu1959
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM

i liked him when he was on ESPN......

hjmick
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
i liked him when he was on ESPN......

I never saw him on ESPN. He used to do sports for a Los Angeles station, that's where I learned to dislike the man.

Little-Acorn
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Barack Obama would make a much better broadcaster after November. He's articulate and witty, and has Dan Rather's skill for hiding the facts.

04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
btw since when is Couric being replaced?

red states rule
04-15-2008, 04:28 PM
btw since when is Couric being replaced?

It is only a strong possibility at this point. She is getting $15 million/yr and the ratings have tanked since she took over

Word has it they are trying to get her to step down from the anchor chair and take on other duties