PDA

View Full Version : If he were white, he wouldn't be where he is...

hjmick
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Geraldine Ferraro said it, she caught heat. She was accused of being a racist. But was she right? Was what she said an accurate assessment of the current state of Obama's position as the Democratic party's leading candidate for the White House? I tend to think she was correct in her evaluation. The problem is, she's white.

Interestingly, there are other prominent people who feel the same way. And some of them are black. The founder of BET is one...

Johnson cites race in Obama's surge
Bobcats owner, who supports Clinton, says Ferraro said it right

JIM MORRILL
jmorrill@charlotteobserver.com

Wading back into the Democratic presidential race, billionaire businessman Bob Johnson said Monday that Sen. Barack Obama would not be his party's leading candidate if he were white.

Johnson's comments to the Observer echoed those of former vice presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro. She stepped down as an adviser to Sen. Hillary Clinton last month after saying Obama wouldn't be where he is if he were white.

"What I believe Geraldine Ferraro meant is that if you take a freshman senator from Illinois called `Jerry Smith' and he says I'm going to run for president, would he start off with 90 percent of the black vote?" Johnson said. "And the answer is, probably not... ."

"Geraldine Ferraro said it right. The problem is, Geraldine Ferraro is white. This campaign has such a hair-trigger on anything racial ... it is almost impossible for anybody to say anything."

It was during a January appearance for the New York senator in Columbia that he first stepped into controversy, referring to Obama and "what he was doing in the neighborhood."

Many took that as a reference to Obama's acknowledged drug use in his youth. But in a statement, Johnson said he'd been "referring to Barack Obama's time spent as a community organizer and nothing else. Any other suggestion is simply irresponsible and incorrect."

Johnson disputed the notion that Obama has built a broad coalition. Most of his support, he said, comes from African Americans and white liberals but not white, working-class Democrats.

Complete story... (http://www.charlotte.com/559/story/581394.html)

Yes, he is a Clinton supporter, but does that make his assessment any less accurate? He is a black man, so he certainly has the credentials to speak to the notion that Obama's race is the reason he is currently out front. Is he an "Uncle Tom?" Perhaps he is only making these statements because he support Hillary?

Then again, maybe both he and Ferraro are right...

manu1959
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
obama has said this about himself............

hjmick
04-15-2008, 03:42 PM
obama has said this about himself............

Shoosh! Don't tell the Obamamaniacs, they apparently didn't hear that while in their hypnotic trance.

manu1959
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Shoosh! Don't tell the Obamamaniacs, they apparently didn't hear that while in their hypnotic trance.

these folks remind me of the jim jones crowd.......i asked a bunch of em today if they sent the irs some extra money today to pay for his "hope and change"

midcan5
04-15-2008, 06:39 PM
If Obama were white he would be a shoo-in for the democratic party, but wait a minute, he is white. Well half white. So why not call him white. Kinda weird that a good tan classifies you differently when it isn't from a tanning salon.

Pale Rider
04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
If Obama were white he would be a shoo-in for the democratic party, but wait a minute, he is white. Well half white. So why not call him white. Kinda weird that a good tan classifies you differently when it isn't from a tanning salon.

Yes but he has all the characteristics of a negro. Might as well cash in on it.

FSUK
04-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Yes but he has all the characteristics of a negro. Might as well cash in on it.

:finger3:

Pale Rider
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
:finger3:

The truth always invokes nasty little gestures from the liberal moonbats... because they have nothing worthy to say.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
The truth always invokes nasty little gestures from the liberal moonbats... because they have nothing worthy to say.

Maybe that is why, all of a sudden, there are no more people fainting like there were a few weeks ago when Barry is speaking

glockmail
04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Interestingly, there are other prominent people who feel the same way. And some of them are black. The founder of BET is one...... Pot-kettle alert. BET wouldn't be a network if it wasn't "black".

hjmick
04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Pot-kettle alert. BET wouldn't be a network if it wasn't "black".

Sure, there's that.

Yurt
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
i can't wait for obama's followers to call for his resignation or some other nasty remark. that guy said it exactly right, especially the part about his campaign and hair trigger race alert...just look at MFM, when we critize obama, we are obsessed with him and we would never vote a black guy anyway.

red states rule
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
i can't wait for obama's followers to call for his resignation or some other nasty remark. that guy said it exactly right, especially the part about his campaign and hair trigger race alert...just look at MFM, when we critize obama, we are obsessed with him and we would never vote a black guy anyway.

Don't hold your breath Yurt

Geraldine Ferraro said it first, but she is white

Sitarro
04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Kinda weird that a good tan classifies you differently when it isn't from a tanning salon.

He has nappy hair, a wide nose and he's uppity because he made it through higher education....... negroid....... then again, he's successful and yet he didn't marry a blond white girl..... hmmmm. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

emmett
04-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Tes however it is most definitly entertaining to see them using their sniviling little tactical rhedoric on one another though!

Very entertaining!!!!!!

Trigg
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM

You might want to mention that to his wife. She's said in speeches she's married to a strong BLACK MAN. He calls himself black also, but I guess you would know more about him than he does, right??

No, he wouldn't have even been considered for the presidency. He has NO political experience. He wrote a book and got Oprah behind him, other than that, what does he have???????

hjmick
04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
You might want to mention that to his wife. She's said in speeches she's married to a strong BLACK MAN. He calls himself black also, but I guess you would know more about him than he does, right??

No, he wouldn't have even been considered for the presidency. He has NO political experience. He wrote a book and got Oprah behind him, other than that, what does he have???????

Hope...

and Change...

theHawk
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Too bad that Obama himself admits he wishes his white blood be expunged from him -

"And yet, even as I imagine myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed with me. He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."

By the way, there was a white Obama. His name was John Edwards. Why wasn't he a shoo-in?

Yurt
04-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Too bad that Obama himself admits he wishes his white blood be expunged from him -

By the way, there was a white Obama. His name was John Edwards. Why wasn't he a shoo-in?

isn't that quoting malcom x?

mundame
04-16-2008, 11:42 AM

You know the rules in America, midcan. If you can see any black genetics in anyone, they are black. That's the rule we all use, blacks and whites. Look at Rev. Wright --- he's plainly no more than 1/4 or 1/8 black, but we all call him black and wow, is that ever how he identifies himself.

I'm interested that a lot of people mistakenly call this the "one drop rule," but that's not accurate at all. That was an old Louisiana law when people knew what relatives everybody had, or could find out, and they weren't willing to let people "pass" no matter what they looked like, if there were any blacks in their background.

We don't do that now. It's all about appearence now.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
You know the rules in America, midcan. If you can see any black genetics in anyone, they are black. That's the rule we all use, blacks and whites. Look at Rev. Wright --- he's plainly no more than 1/4 or 1/8 black, but we all call him black and wow, is that ever how he identifies himself.

I'm interested that a lot of people mistakenly call this the "one drop rule," but that's not accurate at all. That was an old Louisiana law when people knew what relatives everybody had, or could find out, and they weren't willing to let people "pass" no matter what they looked like, if there were any blacks in their background.

We don't do that now. It's all about appearence now.

I will never understand why libs are constantly playing the race card and trying drive a wedge between the races for politcal gain

For Jackson and Sharpton they make money of it, I do understand their reasons

theHawk
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
isn't that quoting malcom x?

Yes, Obama was quoting Malcom X. He said that passage really stuck with him.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes, Obama was quoting Malcom X. He said that passage really stuck with him.

Why am I not surprised?

Yet the Obama supporters see nothing wrong with it

mundame
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Why am I not surprised?

Yet the Obama supporters see nothing wrong with it

His pastor constantly quotes Malcolm X, too: but Malcolm X was a Muslim.

This whole business is smokey.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

But not white smoke

Monkeybone
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
i blow 7 different kinds of smoke

wait....does that make me sound like a pot-head?

mundame
04-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Maybe just a LITTLE...... http://macg.net/emoticons/peace.gif

manu1959
04-16-2008, 01:45 PM

malcom sold out to the man so the panthers jacked him up.....

Yurt
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM

http://costumenetwork.com/albums/3/pothead.jpg