PDA

View Full Version : Hillary On Southern Working Class Whites In 1995: "Screw 'Em"

red states rule
04-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I forgot about this gem of a quote that Hillary uttered in 1995

It seems southern whites who work for a living are not held in high esteem among libs

Hillary Clinton On Southern Working Class Whites In 1995: "Screw 'Em"

During the past week, Sen. Hillary Clinton has presented herself as a working class populist, the politician in touch with small town sentiments, compared to the elitism of her opponent, Sen. Barack Obama.

But a telling anecdote from her husband's administration shows Hillary Clinton's attitudes about the "lunch-bucket Democrats" are not exactly pristine.

In January 1995, as the Clintons were licking their wounds from the 1994 congressional elections, a debate emerged at a retreat at Camp David. Should the administration make overtures to working class white southerners who had all but forsaken the Democratic Party? The then-first lady took a less than inclusive approach.

"Screw 'em," she told her husband. "You don't owe them a thing, Bill. They're doing nothing for you; you don't have to do anything for them."

The statement -- which author Benjamin Barber witnessed and wrote about in his book, "The Truth of Power: Intellectual Affairs in the Clinton White House" -- was prompted by another speaker raising the difficulties of reaching "Reagan Democrats." It stands in stark contrast to the attitude the New York Democrat has recently taken on the campaign trail, in which she has presented herself as the one candidate who understands the working-class needs.

for the complete article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/16/hillary-clinton-on-workin_n_97017.html

glockmail
04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
No one in that catregory is fooled by her. I certaintly ain't.

red states rule
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
No one in that catregory is fooled by her. I certaintly ain't.

Hilary has a long history of looking down on, and walking over people

retiredman
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
interesting that you consider Huffington a credible source only when it suits you.

PostmodernProphet
04-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Democrats eating Democrats lend the issue an air of credibility....

red states rule
04-17-2008, 06:07 AM
interesting that you consider Huffington a credible source only when it suits you.

Huffington Post was the first outlet to break Barry's slime of PA voters. Are you saying that did not happen :laugh2:

Or are you acting like the Dems defense council as usual?

retiredman
04-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I only point out that you have previously denigrated Huffington and claimed it was a biased liberal news source... and here you use it. I found that funny that you would use Huffington when it suited your purposes, but slam it when it did not....kinda like Rush and the ACLU!:laugh2:

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I only point out that you have previously denigrated Huffington and claimed it was a biased liberal news source... and here you use it. I found that funny that you would use Huffington when it suited your purposes, but slam it when it did not....kinda like Rush and the ACLU!:laugh2:

Again, yiou attack the messenger and not adress the message. Why not try to spin Hillary's comment like you are doing for Barry?

BTW, Rush did not ask for help from the ACLU. They jumped in uninvited.

But then again, when have facts ment anything to you

retiredman
04-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Again, yiou attack the messenger and not adress the message. Why not try to spin Hillary's comment like you are doing for Barry?

BTW, Rush did not ask for help from the ACLU. They jumped in uninvited.

But then again, when have facts ment anything to you

did Rush tell them to leave because he did not want to be assisted by those godless heathen NAMBLA supporters?

no.

And I am not ATTACKING the messenger, I am laughing at the hypocrisy of the messenger.

and as far as spinning Hillary's comments, I don't need to. Her political instincts are accurate.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:38 AM
did Rush tell them to leave because he did not want to be assisted by those godless heathen NAMBLA supporters?

no.

And I am not ATTACKING the messenger, I am laughing at the hypocrisy of the messenger.

and as far as spinning Hillary's comments, I don't need to. Her political instincts are accurate.

Rush did not have to. He had an excelent lawyer

As usual you are ranting about anyone posting anything critical of a liberal Dem

This is liberals posting an article about another liberal

Yes, Hillary has the same low opinion as Bary does about the white working class folks

retiredman
04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Rush did not have to. He had an excelent lawyer

As usual you are ranting about anyone posting anything critical of a liberal Dem

This is liberals posting an article about another liberal

Yes, Hillary has the same low opinion as Bary does about the white working class folks

I am not ranting about anything. I am laughing at you. Rush may hate those nambla loving aclu folks, but he didn't say no when they stepped up to help him!

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I am not ranting about anything. I am laughing at you. Rush may hate those nambla loving aclu folks, but he didn't say no when they stepped up to help him!

Now MFM is trying to change the subject away from another liberal showing how they feel about working class people

How typical

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Now MFM is trying to change the subject away from another liberal showing how they feel about working class people

How typical

if any group of people do not support a politician, that politician does not have any impetus to go out of their way to help that group of people. That holds true for democrats and republicans. Like I said...Hillary's political instincts are spot on.

glockmail
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I am not ranting about anything. I am laughing at you. Rush may hate those nambla loving aclu folks, but he didn't say no when they stepped up to help him!Nice deflection, but you didn't answer RSR's question: Are you denying that Hillary didn't say that?

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Nice deflection, but you didn't answer RSR's question: Are you denying that Hillary didn't say that?

I am denying that hillary didn't say that. :laugh2:

grammar whiz

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
if any group of people do not support a politician, that politician does not have any impetus to go out of their way to help that group of people. That holds true for democrats and republicans. Like I said...Hillary's political instincts are spot on.

To moonbats like Barry, Hillary, and you; if anyone rejects liberalism there must be something wrong with them

When they continue to stand firm on their principals you insult them

glockmail
04-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Touche.

Are you denying that Hillary said that?

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
To moonbats like Barry, Hillary, and you; if anyone rejects liberalism there must be something wrong with them

When they continue to stand firm on their principals you insult them

and you insult me, so quit bitchin' little boy!:laugh2:

but the point is: politicians on both sides of the aisle take more care to address the issues of their supporters than those of their attackers.

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Touche.

Are you denying that Hillary said that?

If I said that I am denying that she didn't say that, what does that MEAN?

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:13 AM
and you insult me, so quit bitchin' little boy!:laugh2:

but the point is: politicians on both sides of the aisle take more care to address the issues of their supporters than those of their attackers.

You are constantly smearing many people here

Glad you admit libs do not give a damn about people, unless they vote for them.

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:14 AM
You are constantly smearing many people here

Glad you admit libs do not give a damn about people, unless they vote for them.

and you constantly smear me, so get the fuck over it little boy!:laugh2:

And I am glad that you admit that muscular conservatives do not give a damn about people unless the vote for them!

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:18 AM
and you constantly smear me, so get the fuck over it little boy!:laugh2:

And I am glad that you admit that muscular conservatives do not give a damn about people unless the vote for them!

More civil comments from the "preacher"

Seems you want to elect a Presdient of the Liberal States

I can see how you guys are going to "unite" the country with Barry

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Seems you want to elect a Presdient of the Liberal States

I can see how you guys are going to "unite" the country with Barry

seems that you cannot acknowledge your own insulting behavior, little boy. When someone confronts you with your own failings you negative rep them??? LOL

We want to elect a democrat as president of the United States. And clearly, there will always be racists and misogynists and other haters who refuse to even try to unite around a common goal, but luckily, they are few and far between.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
We want to elect a democrat as president of the United States. And clearly, there will always be racists and misogynists and other haters who refuse to even try to unite around a common goal, but luckily, they are few and far between.

Yes, libs have refused to try and work with Pres Bush no atter how many times he extended his hand to them

Yurt
04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
seems that you cannot acknowledge your own insulting behavior, little boy. When someone confronts you with your own failings you negative rep them??? LOL

you hypocrite... mr. fuck you negative rep child...

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:30 AM
you hypocrite... mr. fuck you negative rep child...

I negative rep you when you insult me. he negative reps me when I simply point out that he insults me as much as I insult him. there is a difference, but obviously too subtle for you.

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, libs have refused to try and work with Pres Bush no atter how many times he extended his hand to them

extended his hand? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It has been "my way or the highway" from dubya since day one.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I negative rep you when you insult me. he negative reps me when I simply point out that he insults me as much as I insult him. there is a difference, but obviously too subtle for you.

You do whine alot, don't you?

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:36 AM
You do whine alot, don't you?

I'm not whining at all...but it really is pretty funny for you to claim that I am the one who insults people when you insult me every bit as much as I insult you...and then negative rep me when I merely point that out.

you are a source of great laughter in my life.:lol:

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm not whining at all...but it really is pretty funny for you to claim that I am the one who insults people when you insult me every bit as much as I insult you...and then negative rep me when I merely point that out.

you are a source of great laughter in my life.:lol:

Insults and personal attacks is your debate style - not mine

glockmail
04-17-2008, 09:39 AM
If I said that I am denying that she didn't say that, what does that MEAN? I'm not sure, but I do know that you don't want to answer RSR's simple question in post 6.

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm not sure, but I do know that you don't want to answer RSR's simple question in post 6.

Huffington Post broke the story of the Sna Francisco fundraising comments about people in small towns being bitter. That is a matter of fact. I was just having fun with your double negative misstatement.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Huffington Post broke the story of the Sna Francisco fundraising comments about people in small towns being bitter. That is a matter of fact. I was just having fun with your double negative misstatement.

Tranlation - Yes, I am ducking his question

retiredman
04-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Tranlation - Yes, I am ducking his question

you are not smart enough to write your own stuff let alone translate mine.
I answered your question.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
you are not smart enough to write your own stuff let alone translate mine.
I answered your question.

You ducked and spined, but did not answer

glockmail
04-17-2008, 09:47 AM

Are you denying that Hillary said basically the same think (again, back to the OP) by saying “screw em” as Obama did more recently in “Sna” Francisco?

Yurt
04-17-2008, 10:10 AM

oh my, the grammar whiz hisself can't even spell

retiredman
04-17-2008, 10:13 AM

still wincing from the good/well pwnage, I see!

it's understandable.

comparing my typographical letter transposition with your shitty grammar is really :lame2:

red states rule
04-17-2008, 10:14 AM

He must be druink on the Obama Kool Aide

retiredman
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Are you denying that Hillary said basically the same think (again, back to the OP) by saying “screw em” as Obama did more recently in “Sna” Francisco?

I think Hillary's comments were much more pointed. I don't think that Obama implied "screw em" at all. Hillary certainly did and, as I said earlier, her political instincts are well developed. Politicians do not have much long term success if they don't treat their supporters with a bit more care than they treat their attackers.... and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Hillary's comments were much more pointed. I don't think that Obama implied "screw em" at all. Hillary certainly did and, as I said earlier, her political instincts are well developed. Politicians do not have much long term success if they don't treat their supporters with a bit more care than they treat their attackers.... and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

After Barry's kind words about the folks in small towns, the folks are showing their approval with Barry's tanking poll numbers :laugh2:

Yurt
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
still wincing from the good/well pwnage, I see!

it's understandable.

comparing my typographical letter transposition with your shitty grammar is really :lame2:

actually i'm still laughing, because it shows how desperate you are to "get me" you have nothing and you feel great because you caught yurt in a common grammar mistake. now give yourself a pat on the back "preacher" and tell yourself that you are a good person...LOL...cause nobody will tell you

retiredman
04-17-2008, 10:29 AM
actually i'm still laughing, because it shows how desperate you are to "get me" you have nothing and you feel great because you caught yurt in a common grammar mistake. now give yourself a pat on the back "preacher" and tell yourself that you are a good person...LOL...cause nobody will tell you

lots of people tell me I am a good person, yurt.... every day. Do you really think I come here for "approval"?

I come here to talk politics. And I am still laughing at the fact that not only did you make a very "common" grammatical mistake that anyone who supposedly is educated beyond the fifth grade should not make, but you didn't even understand that you had made it and went on to post the definition of "wield" and claim some sort of victory over me!

What a moron you are. I can't believe that you actually make a living as an attorney.... and given how much time you spend on here, I guess I'm probably right!

red states rule
04-17-2008, 10:29 AM

He is a typical white liberal

retiredman
04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
lots of people tell me I am a good person, yurt.... every day. Do you really think I come here for "approval"?

I come here to talk politics. And I am still laughing at the fact that not only did you make a very "common" grammatical mistake that anyone who supposedly is educated beyond the fifth grade should not make, but you didn't even understand that you had made it and went on to post the definition of "wield" and claim some sort of victory over me!

What a moron you are. I can't believe that you actually make a living as an attorney.... and given how much time you spend on here, I guess I'm probably right!
poof! you're gone. did you hear an ambulance go by and felt compelled to chase it? :laugh2:

red states rule
04-17-2008, 10:52 AM
poof! you're gone. did you hear an ambulance go by and felt compelled to chase it? :laugh2:

He may be helping Barry's grandma recover from being thrown under, and run over, by the bus Barry was driving :laugh2:

retiredman
04-17-2008, 11:01 AM
He may be helping Barry's grandma recover from being thrown under, and run over, by the bus Barry was driving :laugh2:

who knows with shyster ambulance chasers...he could be anywhere. Every siren means a potential client.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 11:02 AM
who knows with shyster ambulance chasers...he could be anywhere. Every siren means a potential client.

I thought you liked John "Pretty Boy" Edwards :laugh2:

theHawk
04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
"Screw 'em," she told her husband. "You don't owe them a thing, Bill. They're doing nothing for you; you don't have to do anything for them."

I think the latter half is even more damning. It just goes to show how liberal politicians think. They have no intentions of representing or helping people that don't follow them like sheep.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the latter half is even more damning. It just goes to show how liberal politicians think. They have no intentions of representing or helping people that don't follow them like sheep.

Liberals say they welcoem an open exchange of ideas. Libs say they want to bring as many people as posible into their tent. Libs say they are for the middle class and want only the best for them

They sayt that as long as you agree with them, never question them, and vote for them

Otherwise you are trailer park trash, and mentally deficient rednecks

retiredman
04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I thought you liked John "Pretty Boy" Edwards :laugh2:

I do. If I needed a lawyer, I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Certainly not that moronic shyster Yurt who can't even speak the language!

red states rule
04-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I do. If I needed a lawyer, I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Certainly not that moronic shyster Yurt who can't even speak the language!

Yes, anyone who can hear the cries on unborn children in the courtroom is a smart choice :rolleyes:

and he will only take 50% for his psychic services

retiredman
04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes, anyone who can hear the cries on unborn children in the courtroom is a smart choice :rolleyes:

and he will only take 50% for his psychic services

50% of a lot of money is a lot of money.

And I don't think Edwards' contingency fees are anywhere near that high.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 01:26 PM
50% of a lot of money is a lot of money.

And I don't think Edwards' contingency fees are anywhere near that high.

OK, Pretty Boy takes only 33% to 40% of the take

retiredman
04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
OK, Pretty Boy takes only 33% to 40% of the take

worth every penny. 60 or 67% of a lot of money is still a lot of money!

red states rule
04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
worth every penny. 60 or 67% of a lot of money is still a lot of money!

You have the same thoughts on peoples income

Why are they bitching about higher taxes? They will still take home 50% of their gross. (if they are lucky)